The truth lies before you. Do not deny the truth

The truth lies before you. Do not deny the truth.

Attached: nyet.jpg (945x642, 159K)

Other urls found in this thread:

yuki.la/v/130570808#p130573751
fineleatherjackets.net/monkeyinflation
youtube.com/watch?v=QPKKQnijnsM
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gilded_Age
youtu.be/H6Opvlmy8i8
youtu.be/Mj2nt9MZPHk
youtube.com/watch?v=7jRfXTtR34g
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

TLDR:quit gaming

Finna buy all that shit stay mad poor nigger

The truth is worthless. You are irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.

Attached: 1540527248148.jpg (548x305, 78K)

Based and blackpilled

Pirate shit that has that stuff in it.

I prefer being less retarded and less an asshole even if I'm the only one.

Yes good goy, follow the herd and give them more money

Even if it is such, I'll still be on the side of truth.

This kind of mentality makes people useless. In a literal sense. If everybody reasoned this way, we would still be living in straw huts getting wiped away by diseases, if we were still alive at all.
Snap out of it, you're more valuable than you think.

Attached: 1536085619092.jpg (480x621, 26K)

>Snap out of it, you're more valuable than you think.
based jew

>not living in a strawhut
casual

commendable
just because i don't believe being picky will have any effect in the grand scheme of things doesn't mean i'll happily wire my salary directly into companies's bank accounts, you know
i'll happily do my part but i've come to terms that people with more money than brain cells, as well as children who grew up in a world where being nickle and dimed to the last bit of pocket lint is completely normal, vastly outnumber us, and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future

I don't understand people who buy games at launch. any big game is going to have a bunch of dlc, and then they'll come out with a game of the year/definitive version that comes bundled with all the dlc, and then after not too long that will be on sale. you have a large enough backlog as it is, so play some older games and wait for the full game to be released and be under $30

>I will never accept DRM
>I will never accept paying for virtual goods
So this guy will never accept playing video games, because those two things are fundamentally tied to their existence.

No.

GoG doesn't exist, goyim, put your head back down and follow the man in front of you

Based Steam/Epic/Origin/uPlay retard

We are the universe's way of it experiencing itself.

Think of it - Every element that is in your body was once forged in a brilliant star. Chance doesn't exist, and this timeline was predetermined. Our tiny individualism is meaningless, we're part of a greater whole - the fabric of reality. Like tiny nerve-endings strewn upon a vast, sleeping mind.

When you die, you'll be reassembled somewhere once again, in the infinite vastness of the universe. Perhaps the universe will contract, and these events will play again, exactly same, in an infinite loop. Maybe I've written this post an infinite times before, and will do so an infinity more.

Attached: 4am.jpg (1336x6616, 3.14M)

That is not a hard to take pill, the true black pill of gaming is that standardized prices is part of what makes gaming so generic and without variety. Niche products only a few people care about can only survive if they cost a lot, just look into any other industry, yet people not only expect niche games to cost the same as games that will sells at least 4 million, they also expect them to cost less than other games since they are kinda indie.

Voting with your wallet is the most hilarious joke.
The whole point of voting is that everybody is equally represented with equivalent voting power and political influence. Everybody does not have equivalent spending power and market control.

Anybody who tries to wave away anti-consumer and anti-competitive and generally scummy market practices with "Vote with your wallet" is more likely than not a member of the (((elite))) with more ill-gotten "voting" power than you in the first place.

Dude why doesn't this guy just fucking quit vidya or pirate everything? This is beyond retarded, we've hit a point where these things have become so normalized that its hard for companies to realize they want to turn back. Bitch and moan about shit like microtransactions all you want, but retard whales and impressionable kids are going to eat shiny shit up for days.

Not that I entirely disagree with everything on the list, but I simply put my wallet towards games I feel deserve it. I'm a smart consumer, but I'm not paranoid about companies wanting my money. Businesses have to earn my dollar, but I don't understand people who panic when somebody wants to sell them something. Seriously, it's like some of you don't realize you don't HAVE to buy things if you don't like them.

/thread

Attached: retirementdemotivator.jpg (617x435, 32K)

Sure, but as long as I live I'm in control of the atoms that make up my body. Assuming you believe this universe is non-deterministic, otherwise there is nothing for us to discuss.

If the indefensible and exploitative greed of the video game industry doesn't absolutely disgust you, you're beyond blind.

And you're saying this is not the same as any other kind of voting?

You're a huge retard, voting with your wallet mean not buying that shit. You don't spend any money.
It's the fucking opposite, the people who break that are more than often the ones with money. And that's because they don't mind spending it since they have a ton.

>I don't have equal voting power because I'm spending $0 and the other guy is spending $60
Are you retarded?
>muh jews
Oh no need to answer that question

>We are the universe's way of it experiencing itself.
lol no

The universe is just a series of sandwiches.

Think of it - everything is basically just a sandwich. Potatoes and meat? Just a bread substitute and generous toppings. Soup and croutons? Just a really watery topping. Muesli? Pretty much a bread, suffused in dairy(hello, butter?).

When you die, you'll turn back into your sandwichy building blocks, onto the infinite smorgasbord that is the universe. Perhaps a slice will go stale, maybe you'll get food poisoning. Maybe I eat too much processed grains and it's not good for my health.

Yes. Anything that isn't FOSS is a form of DRM. When's the last time you played a FOSS game? And the games themselves are virtual goods.

Attached: 20161122-pamplona-11.jpg (3543x2362, 2.15M)

>you're more valuable than you think
Becoming a wizard taught me the opposite.

Retard, the guy was saying that it's impossible to not accept DRM or buying virtual goods while tons of games doesn't have DRM nor cash shops.

I'll buy whatever has good gameplay and ignore whatever doesn't. End of fucking story. He whines about writing but doesn't even mention gameplay. Fucking storyfags man.

Games are expensive to make and the more niche ones don't have the market for high quality and low price I'll pay $60+ for that.

The rest is true though

What, that's not the problem at all. The problem is that people are fucking stupid.

The FSF is literally ran by a toecheese eating autist who makes his living by having lawyers sue people who didn't read his own fine print, and the NEETbux of universities who want to signal that they're one of the "good guys"

Stallman has done nothing to further the cause of consumer or user rights, and to this day is still trying to claim ownership of a kernel he has had no involvement in whatsoever.

>2012
Maybe he did, user.

Attached: 1385622686626.gif (352x198, 2.87M)

Just the same as every other industry then.

Cringy gamer activism. There's an importance difference between "the right thing to do" and "the right thing to do for you".

>That post was 7 years ago

Every thought and action you take is physical. Your consciousness isn't something ethereal, it's just atoms arranged in a specific pattern.

Everything you do is because you react to stimuli in a predetermined way. If a perfect clone was created of you, on the subatomic level, and it could stand in the exact same spot as you and receive the exact same stimuli, it would do everything exactly the same.

I want to regurgitate this black pill, but I can't.

All games have DRM, even the ones on GOG. Their DRM just varies in intrusiveness.

Yeah of course if you think being closed source is having a DRM but that's not what DRM is.

What's drm?

Fuck you, Grigsby, you piece of shit. If you can't be assed to deliver a non-eyecancer UI than I won't pay 80 bucks for your games

>I want to regurgitate this black pill, but I can't.

An introduction to quantum mechanics would be a good place to start.

Just like there are labor unions, there needs to be consumer unions.

This is the only way the industry can be saved.

Attached: 1550343726640.png (700x736, 871K)

I can vote for a political representative ONCE. I can purchase a video game as many times as I want.
For every $60 somebody spends on microtransactions, one person's choice to not buy a game is invalidated. And may I remind you that a single digit percentage of consumers is responsible for almost half of all revenue in microtransaction-focused industries.

One whale can delete your vote ten, twenty, a hundred times over. To claim you have equal voting power when somebody can "vote" as many times as they want and you can only NOT vote once it's fucking retarded. The only people who really think voting with your wallet is actually equivalent to voting in government are the people who have more "voting" power than you and therefore an incentive to keep it that way.

>We would still be living in strawhuts
I really highly doubt that shelters not made out of straw were unpopular.

The UI isn't even the problem with those games.

Any system used to protect copyright from being infringed.

>NO! STOP BUYING THINGS I DON’T LIKE! THINGS I DON’T LIKE SHOULDN’T EXIST

Quantum physics don't do anything to change what he's talking about. There are, debateably, possible random elements to the behaviors of electron shells. Does this give you even a morsel of agency? Of course not. Any force which is truly random does remove the concept of "destiny", but a truly random force cannot be predicted or acted upon intelligently by a human, so you still end up with no real choices in life.

I found the archived thread that OP's screencap is from.

yuki.la/v/130570808#p130573751

>For every $60 somebody spends on microtransactions, one person's choice to not buy a game is invalidated.
It's doesn't work like that lmao. If on person buy it and one doesn't, that means you only have half the buyers you would have.

Even if everyone got 1 vote for what sort of game is made, the sort of games you want would still be flooded out. Just be honest, you are all ideology no practice, you do not know how to make your desires possible.

Mmmm! EA, Activision, your boots taste so good! Yes I will buy your latest $60 AAA turd! Yes I will buy your season passes, deluxe editions and loot boxes! *lick lick* Please sir, can I have some more?

Attached: bootlicker.jpg (300x300, 19K)

So you think you have the same voting power in elections as, for example, the people who own mass media networks?

>hamburger helper drama
a fat blast from the past

Or maybe a gamer union?

Buy Slav gaming, smaller devs put so much love into the games its unbelievable
It's only up until they get big that the devs sell out and become another western dev
The difference is slav devs aren't corrupted by the western market mindset until much later
Therefore buy slav games

Attached: 686984812.jpg (200x200, 17K)

Oh. I just play on console and pirate all my pc games so I didn't know what it was thanks.

The problem is that those games are too janky to cost 60$

>person A buys game for $60
>person B doesn't
>person A now spends another $60 on microtransactions
>company now has made the same money they'd have made if both bought it
It's not rocket science

It still feels weird to me that the early 2010's are "old" now.

I feel like this is the real reason GameJournoPros came out with the "Gamers are dead" articles. Their corporate handlers didn't feel comfortable with the idea of consumers coming together and holding them accountable for buying reviews, just one of many awful practices these giant publishers engage in.

Attached: gamergate.jpg (2160x2250, 619K)

Ironic

>slav devs aren't corrupted by the western market
It's exactly what happened to the Stalker director, read up on that story. He got corrupted all the way through.

In elections a vote of a man whose net worth is ten million has the same weight a vote of a man whose net worth is ten thousand. Anything other than that is just advertising and election campaigns and have no bearing on the quality or weight of the votes.

It's 60$ for a game with a better atmosphere and heart put into it, compared to 60$ to fund a dev that doesn't care about their product marketed towards the unintelligent masses

It's still half the buyers. Companies are always trying to get more and more people to buy. See what happened with battlefront, EA backdashed.

Why is the "vote with your wallet" on the wrong side?

How is DRM bad? How is trying to secure payment for your time and effort a bad thing? I get that denuvo and securom and online are a pain in the ass, but that doesn't mean that the world is better off without DRM.

>Anything other than that is just advertising and election campaigns and have no bearing on the quality or weight of the votes.

lol

did anyone else notice consumer products in general are dogshit now?

i'm not just talking about games. i'm talking about everything, with few exceptions

as an example, my 20 year old panasonic hand mixer's motor finally gave out, so i went to go buy another mixer

after some research, it turns out that literally every single hand mixer on the market uses a plastic gear that is designed to break just outside the warranty period (usually 1 year)

Well user, games are products. You cannot stop certain games from being made, but there are ways to make sure the games you like are made. The same way there are vegetarian restaurants even though steakhouses make more profit, there could be more room for games that cater to the needs of small audiences.

That's exactly what my post says, you dunce.
One stupid person can invalidate your vote and as many other people's votes as they can afford. A hoard of stupid people effectively invalidate the concept of voting with your wallet.
If I don't buy a game, but somebody buys it and spends an additional $120 on microtransactions, it's like 3 people just bought the game. You retard.
My point isn't that everybody should only get one vote, it's that voting with your wallet is bullshit in the first place. It's just another nonsense idea to help people feel more complacent with their inability to fight back when getting fucked over by anti-consumer business practices. I don't think there is a real solution to that complacency. I don't know.
Literally yes. Every individual votes once.
That doesn't mean elections are free from outside influence over how educated the voting individuals are, or that politicians are free from being bought afterwards. It just means your vote means as much as any other individuals and you only get one.

Leading up to the GG autism, at its core, you had a lot of people unsatisfied with the quality of journalistic work, monetization schemes, and the cronyism and nepotism rampant throughout the industry. The anonymous testimony on Quinn was kind of the stray spark on the powder. They weren't angry about a woman getting laid, they were pissed about the lack of morals in an industry that was attempting to instruct them on what morals they should have.

Attached: 4232353453.jpg (3434x2959, 2.01M)

>A company selling you a virtual hat you don’t have to buy is comparable to being forced to work with dangerous machines that can rip your fucking arm off and not get any compensation by the people forcing you to work those dangerous machines
Yeah. Us gamers being oppressed by Candy Crush’s existence. We are treated as poorly as those factory workers and coal miners in the early 1900s.

>implying being worthless or irrelevant does even matter
the only thing that matters is living life acording to your own principles, be it the same as everyone else or not. If you choose something in life and are ready to face the consecuenses of it, then you are ok. If you are not, then you are fucked, no matter what you do. Voting with your wallet only means something to you and maybe some other people, it may give you something, but it's not enough to make any noticeable difference, if you are not ok with that then don't do it retard.

>it's like 3 people just bought the game
No, it's not. It isn't an equation, it's economy. You got only one buyer, who spent a lot of money, OK, but only one guy.

It is unless they use that money to falsify votes. There's a difference between spending billions on your election campaign to make yourself look as appealing a possible and having the backing of every single media outlet and straight up invalidating input of people that choose not to vote altogether by having those that are on your side "vote harder" with their money. If you can't see the difference, I don't know what else to tell you. And Hillary lost despite having every single media outlet backing her too, so there's a good example as well. Politics and videogames are not the same fucking thing no matter how hard the media is trying to spin the arguments to say that they are.

who cares
Don't like a product, I don't buy it
if I can't make the world better, I can make my life and who is around me feel better

>They weren't angry about a woman getting laid

I don't think it had anything to do with her having sex
It was probably more the fact that she had sex with five (5) games journalists, many of whom gave glowing reviews to her HTML "game". Oh, and she was in a relationship while she did this, and so were the games journalists

If you think quantum mechanics have anything to do with some sort of supernatural shenanigan, you understood it wrong.

>Missing the object of the game
Yes you are irrelevant in the grand scheme, but there's more to the scheme.

The entire game is to continuously yell at retards till they do what you want. The masses don't think for themselves so you need to be on the team that's taking advantage of this. You see how much of a shitstorm about lootboxes was stirred up by a little memeing?

The whole game here is to move the retards on your side of the court, not to just shut up and not buy into it, that's a small part. It's more easy than ever too thanks to marketers being too old and frail to comprehend meme culture.

This is how /pol/ and Twittertards get what they want. They get out there and manipulate the tards. You gotta start doing that too.

Attached: gays.jpg (600x728, 43K)

Nihilism is worthless. Stop browsing Yea Forums this instant!

>/pol/ is retarded and are aspies that waste all their time with twitter wars online, so you should too!

Or, I can just harass them with minimum effort, laugh at their expense and enjoy my psychologically healthy mind?

Attached: trumplet.jpg (564x846, 35K)

>EA backdashed
Have you played that game recently? Sure they went back on the absolute worst of the stuff but after the drama settled they put lootboxes back into the game with fairer percentage odds and no pay2win. Tbe game still raked in billions of dollars and was undoubtedly a success.

See user it doesn’t matter how many people bought the game but how much they as a company are walking away with.

>It's your fault! Not the fault of my masters, the filthy rich investors!

Gaming is pretty much a cursed medium in how bad its consumer dynamics go. You look outside, from the most popular drinks being cheap while the refined drinks are expensive, or even anime, which had a divide between the more mundane daytime stuff that is cheap and meant to sell toys, to the late night anime, which is what Yea Forums watches, that relies on ten thousand costumers or so deciding to pay 400$ to get the full BD set of a series in exchange for things that cater to very specific wants.
This balance between things with a lot of customers selling for little and things with few costumers selling high is helpful, but in Gaming, we have the nightmare situation of the things with most clients selling for the highest prices. The games that have tens of millions playing them are also the games that can get people to pay 400$ to sometimes even 1000$ dollars for them.
Some anons always suggest paying more for niche and us examples like Train Simulator or Paradox Games,but that just guarantees the bare minimum survival of a genre while Mobileshit grosses rivers of money.

We get it user what we are trying to say is they dont care

If they can't increases the number of buyers, even if the ones they have spends a lot, it sill still die. that's how capitalism works.

>haha dude just join the legions of people shrieking over each-other

Attached: 1528958632260.jpg (895x875, 228K)

You say it's a waste of time, but who has the legion of retards here, you or them?

>I will never accept $60 pricetags
What is inflation
What do you think a video game is

>oh no are game died after making millions of dollars, what will we, a multi million corporation ever do?

>wanting to communicate with retards more than the bare requirements at any point in your life.

Enjoy the rest of your life, king of retards.

Attached: trumpface.jpg (401x230, 20K)

You gotta shriek to get what you want these days. Some people shriek enough that they can eventually get to pay others to do it for them. It's just how it is on this bitch of an Earth.

fineleatherjackets.net/monkeyinflation

Attached: never pay more than 20 bucks for a game.png (1270x798, 165K)

user these companies dont give a fuck about the game or if it survives dont yku understand? The whole point of these AAA titles with mxt are si they can pump out as much money as fucking possible from the consumers in the shortest time period available.

>I don't think it had anything to do with her having sex
it was about the Quinn buying good review scores with the vagina, that's why it became a soap opera instead on being an actual protest

>Enjoy the rest of your life, king of retards.
You might dismiss it as just talking with retards, but this is how actual grassroots movements are formed. The reason why people are always drawn to the fringes is because of the inertia to actually coordinate that people on the centre have. Don't underestimate the power of those retards you talk about had on the 2016 election or current politics in general. This goes for both sides of the political spectrum.

>WE!
keep it to yourself retard, be glad you're not tempted too much into your 'grassroots' bullshit, because I might just identify you as an easy target to terrorize, just like I do /pol/ites.

Based retard

Meant to reply to

Those too intelligent to participate in politics will end up being governed by those that are not.

Limiting the money they get from that is still good.

What?

>because I might just identify you as an easy target to terrorize
I've never engaged in any political organisation or twitter wars in my life, I'm just pointing out the obvious. But alright, user

Attached: 1511360022045.png (805x624, 829K)

Now you're just going in a circle that contradicts yourself

So now it doesnt matter HOW MANY people bought it, just that its funds get limited? Remember this post

There is no practical reason to buy the same game several times unless you are buying it as a gift to friends. Leaving avenues for advanced exploitation of human psyche like "booster packs" and pay to win content or lootboxes is though.

politics, any form of politics is always governed by the masses. If you're interested, watch the excellent political show boss. it shows some cool moves on how to influence the retards.

this grassroots shit is just tiny by comparisson. it's about the big masses, not your townhall or twitterwar bullshit.

Trump did have backup from shit like /pol/ that feigned some numbers. But you can tell that some of the 'memeposters' were hired. However that doesn't win you anything, trump won becasue the hilldog was a fucking robot and he succesfully battled the media, and the media was too insular and too dependent on ratings to notice.

Tell me, what's more retarded: sitting on your high-horse jerking yourself off on your inefficacy in a false sense of intellectual superiority or actually organizing with like-minded people to have an actual tangible effect on the world?

Hows that corporate cock taste

Both matter obviously.

I know it makes no difference in the end, but I'm a bit egotistical and it makes me feel better if I know I'm one of the few stupid idiots that don't fall for jewish money schemes, so let me feel good.

Being deluded, clueless about what's important in life and obviously under 30 sounds like the worse option out of the one you presented.

Attached: im just a simple harvard and princeton educated canadian lawyer.jpg (1155x1155, 912K)

You might be lacking in reading comprehension or replying to the wrong person.

>You are irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.
why bother do anything at all, the sun is gonna engulf the earth in a couple billion years, and I'm not even getting into entropy. Why bother do anything at all then, user?
fucking nihilists.

well, user? why?

WE LIVE IN A SOCIETY

Attached: 1548723682283.jpg (1660x1080, 354K)

Yeah I too remember when people used to say no backlash could ever kill Blizzard

because I only get 80ish years to live on this rock. I happened to exist, so I'm gonna enjoy this existence because we have no proof that there is anything on the other side.

This
Also this

>clueless about what's important in life
What's important in life, then? These "retards" that you speak of are the ones who will form a collective with other "retards" which will have enough agency to influence the world in which you, your family, your friends and your descendants live in. You might think that most of the people engaged in these collectives are no less brainwashed than the rest and maybe you derive some self-satisfaction from the knowledge that you were too smart for that. In the end though, you're not the one who's going to have real impact on the world. They are. If creating an environment which you desire for your loved ones is not important for you, then what is?

>Snap out of it, you're more valuable than you think.
Fuck you, you don't know me and how dare you to even suggest that I might not be complete garbage and a waste of air.

not him, but the typical reponse commies have to “don’t like don’t buy it” is either “BUT OTHER PEOPLE WILL” or “Heh. Bow’s that corparate cock taste?” and maybe “But the gaming industry will be like EA in a few years I swear! No alternatives will be available!”

>caring about retards (online retards at that!) and not hanging out with cool people and just laugh at the retards online like any sane person with a superior intellect would do.

This is how I know you are a retard. You care about 'them'. It tells me you are confusing the real world with the online one. In the real world you can just pick and choose who you hang out with, if you're not a complete aspie, that is.

I bet you get all worried too when watching the news. That you watch the news in general is already a good sign of retardation and lack of a fuller understanding of what history, politics or the news actually is (scary stories to keep you entertained!).

No, you stupid faggot. You just have to be the change that you want to see, everything else is irrelevant.

oh I missed that one
>you won'tn have an impact on the world!
Colour your surprise when on your deathbed you do the recount of the life you've had, and you realize you have spent mayb 5-10% of your waking hours spreading stupid memes in the stupid delusion you had an impact on the world. Ha hahahahahhaha. Oh boy, are you in for a major revelation!

Attached: le public servant works2016.jpg (1023x744, 263K)

supporting anti-consumer practices to own the libtards!

I don't watch the news nor do I particularly care about what these grassroots people do. I'm just not deluded like you are in thinking this is just a cute online thing which has no bearing in the real world.

yeah, the world is doohooooomeeeeddd
t. every generation ever
good luck exciting yourself with cool stories little timmy.

Fuck off, faggot. It's my money. I'll do what I want with it. Take your cultish commie bullshit and blow it out your ass.

Attached: 1549996043194.gif (607x609, 821K)

You don't have to be a communist to oppose exploitative practices that are detrimental to the quality of the same market capitalism derives its strength from. Letting unscrupulous speculators get away with as much as they did is the reason the videogame industry is in such a sorry state despite making the most money out of all avenues of entertainment.

>reading comprehension

Quarterly reporting laws are why gaming is the way it is.

damn, that's a lot of lines

This is factual. The entire userbase of Yea Forums could sign some blood pact to never buy DLC again and it would be such a tiny dent in sales, publishers wouldn't even notice. There will always, ALWAYS be some irresponsible dipshits with too much money and no self control.

>>reading comprehension
No no, I've understood your basic sentence. I just balk at the uninformed idiocy of it.

The only anti-consumer things in the gaming industry are paid reviews, not owning what you buy/Terms of Service, and always online.
Everything else people complaining in this thread about are shit they personally don’t like.

Ironically, I always see the same people who complain that microtransations are oppressing them are also the people who are 100% ok with companies being able permantly lock you out of your own game for any reason.

>not wanting to be a mindless consuming drone means I want to be a communist
Fuck off retarded cancer.

So what's the takeaway here big guy, that because a single individuals action is almost meaningless that the collective formed by those individuals is meaningless? You think the factory worker who showed up at Lenin rallies and told his neighbors and loved ones to do the same had no impact on the world? Take a million of those factory workers who do the same and you've got yourself real changes. A lone aspie sperging on an internet forum and spreading memes on funnyjunk might have a miniscule impact, but take a million or even ten million of those aspies espousing a common goal in their everyday lives and you might have yourself the beginning of a movement.

the takeaway is that you should just enjoy life and not waste it to stupid politics or the ILLUSION of influence. You have no influence, just accept it and move on.

I bet you're the type of person that believes the universe is TEEMING with advanced civilizations as well, instead of the infinitely more likely cold ass nothing, specced with relatively tiny rocks and gas giants having some infantile bacteria at best. Governed distances we won't cross any time soon :P

So we shouldn't buy a single video game then right? Afterall it is in itself a virtual good

and im free to call you a stupid shit eating retard

really...makes you think.....heh....

Also, unlike you, I have had the opportunity to meet some key deciders in my tiny country. People like that operate on a different scale. You won't be able to out-inifluence them. and they, certainly won't be able to have a massive influence on you. Those ''millions'' of factory workers were mostly bullied by mobster tactics, because lening was a hardcore criminal first and foremost, he just had the luxury of the state he was fighting being criminal as well.

And please, don't draw an analogy to any westesrn state, or even fucking china to the assholes lenin was fighting. different times, completely different times.

>enjoy life
That's what I'm doing, but maybe these retards actually enjoy having an impact and being part of a greater whole? The concept that the far-left or the alt-right or any other political grassroots movement has no real influence is some real nihilist teenage shit. Since you freely speculate, I bet you think the world is run by faceless lizards who have predetermined how the world is going and that individuals have no real impact in which direction the world is going.

You don’t have to be a commie to not like lootboxes or microtransactions.

You do have to be a commie to want the government to control what you can spend you and other people can spend your money on simply for the fact that you personally don’t like lootboxes or mictotransactions

This may be a surprise to you, but not everyone who says “don’t like don’t buy” sucks off EA. Hell, most of the time, they have never bought all those things you hate or any EA game ever.

If there is any serious anti-consumer practice in the gaming industry, it is the “You don’t own the games you buy”.

if you find enjoyment by imagining there's big things afoot I guess you could be calling that enjoyment.

I mostly just keep an eye out in europe that the retards wont go full WOII on minorities again, I'm out if that ever happens. but honestly, dont get upset about retards or the foot soldiers (outer party) that try to influence retards.

Let's take Yea Forums for example. the GG influx has done what exactly? what have they accomplished? other than ruining a few forum discussions? Exactly, fucking nothing. You're overestimating the influence these grass roots retards have on reality.

>You're overestimating the influence these grass roots retards have on reality.
I honestly don't think I do, but let's agree to disagree.

enjoy your endless twitter wars, dont walk too close to the edge, the edge looks back at you, haha.

This. You're outnumbered by literal retards in the millions.

Enjoy.

Attached: 9cb.png (1050x903, 1.01M)

SEETHE

Attached: 1550753854234.jpg (768x768, 66K)

>gubmint control = commombulism!

Ehmmm? Ah, you could have just told us you were from the US!

The absolute state of collectivist thinking.
This is why your systems always fail.

>I will never accept 60$ pricetags
Learn2inflation, hombre. Buy on sale

>I'm too unsophisticated to understand the philosophical bedrock of these ideologies and how they all operate on the same fundamental axioms.
You may not identify as a commie, bur you do advocate for the enslavement of the individual at the altar of the group, soooooo....

u mad bro? u mad? u mad??? u mad bro?? yea u mad. lol

>corporations are individuals

yikes

>errything I dont like is commie
And what is this? I must have counted at least four (4!) multi-syllabic words there murricunt. You were really trying hard there to impress me, huh? Gotta love your public education system.

Attached: goodfellaugh.jpg (640x460, 89K)

>Trying to explain the universe with a food analogy

God I hate this place so much.

Attached: 2ed.png (750x750, 26K)

>to control what you can spend you and other people can spend your money
That's not what people are advocating for at all. They are advocating for recognition of lootboxes and addictive psychological patterns used to exploit people that fall for them and their strict regulation.

THE INTERNET IS A SERIES OF SANDWICHES

You should write a book, r*ddit would lap it up

Corporations are comprised of individuals, retard.
And you want someone to threaten them into complying with your subjective tastes. Jesus christ, use your brain for once.

>totally ignores the reasoning
stay mad, fag

Attached: 1550680457473.png (1280x760, 839K)

collectives are comprised of individuals so when u think about it collectivism is really just individualism lol whoa duuuuuuude like whoooooaaaaa

nono, I wasn't attacking your argument about 'games as a service' being decidedly anti consumer. that's just a fact that's undebatable. I just loved your 'murrifat' outlook that you had to define something by calling it 'not communism' to the other user. You people are just embarrassingly stupid sometimes, yet funny to observe!

Attached: awooo.jpg (362x500, 35K)

Hey mongoloid, how do you distinguish between someone who didn't buy a game because they never gave a shit about it and someone who refused to buy it on principle? Answer that to lighten your chromosomal burden.

I never said the current model wasn't anti-consumer. I said that it is wrong and commie to advocate political violence to fix it.

Also I wasn't saying something was not-commie. I was saying the opposite.

Are you even (you)ing the right person?

My god are you dumb. Collectivism elevates an abstraction--the group--over its constituent parts--a concrete reality--the individual.

>day one DLC
yes this is absolute greedy shit
>$60 price
depends on game quality
>DRM
mostly useless. interferes with experience. doesn't stop piracy at all.
>writing
subjective
>virtual goods
also stupid I have no idea how the current generation puts up with monetizing skins you used to get for free

hahahahah, yeah no no I've got you user.

It's not 'commie', but I really like oatmeal!

It's not commie, but I really like the red joycon on the switch, too bad it's paired with a blue one, which is more of a democratic colour.

I just wish EA would be more consumer friendly though, and by that, I don't mean the government should tell us what to buy, that's commombulisms, and I don't agree with that!

If you were European I'd argue you'd be a good case for a debate on post-natal abortion, but you're from the US, and I know there's more of your ilk out there :)

Attached: funny joke anon pls tell another.png (540x386, 198K)

>Openly supporting more centeralized economies
>”Dude that isn’t communism”

>to advocate political violence
Who ever here called for political violence?

>implying economies aren't centralized already by the same corporations you are trying to argue in favor of and support
At least a president or a minister can be voted out of the cabinet, you can't vote a CEO out.

>everything listed actually happened and is accepted by the masses
What went so wrong?

Attached: 1477760202620.jpg (532x664, 201K)

I could explain to you why your little nuggets of wisdom are funny to me, but that would be like trying to teach a dog multiplication equation. It would take a lot of time, and in the end the dog wouldn't know what to do with the knowledge.

capitalism is entirely about centralization, retard.

PC nerds being too lazy to move their asses to a store happened. Also faggots accepting STEAM as de facto DRM because it came with their totes-not-superaction-shooty game halflife 2.

An entire generation grew up with shit. They only know the taste of shit.

Attached: Zed.jpg (813x545, 110K)

Still nothing even remotely resembling intellectual content or argument. I can't wait for the coming war. You might be able to gaslight others and yourself by pretending it's all just amerifat paranoia, but that won't stop it from destroying you. At least you deserve it.

Attached: 1549887804457.jpg (800x800, 83K)

I've been going out of way to dedicate real time to thinking about my purchases. I've only bought three games so far this year.

Bobby Kotick isn't putting a metaphorical gun to your head and forcing you to buy his shitty games, you utter moron.

>The shit from 2012 now seems mild compared to the new shit like lootboxes

>murrifat
>can't wait for the coming war!!
What? You have been at war for the past 17 years with MULTIPLE countries, you humooooongous retard. Not that you won any, but you sure have created more than plenty for the rest of the world to enjoy.

But please, tell me more of the red danger. Please, enlighten me. Tell me of the major communist threat we are facing. Hard mode: China is actually pretty weak, unlike what the MSM would have you believe.

Those were small conflicts, not wars.

Bobby Kotick should have went out of business a long time ago, but his anti capitalist practices allowed to make him the money he should not have made.

ever since 60 bux became the standard for video games i started pirating everything and have literally never felt bad about it, i only buy games that go above and beyond my expectations while also offering a considerable amount of playtime/replay value, and by that i mean the only game i bought in the last 5 years was Monster Hunter 4U

Attached: 48409197_2211738512171845_7985334970614808576_n.jpg (500x250, 19K)

talk to the few millions you have killed or the tens of millions you have maimed or made flee their wrecked homes as a result of your 'small conflicts'. Try have a chat with one for once, be amazed at how he hates your guts.

You've managed to create useless wars in a war-free world. congrats moron.

Spoiler: rest of the world also hates your guts.

>Spoiler: rest of the world also hates your guts.
dey 'ate us cuz dey anus ;)

Attached: giphy (8).gif (375x375, 179K)

Is that why Activision-Blizzard is almost universally despised? They've been doing their evil shit for, what? 15 years? MAYBE 20? In a market that is virtually brand new and hard-limited by technology. They will be a footnote. They will be totally defunked within the next 5-10 years. We're already seeing consumers reject their and EA and Ubi's bullshit. We're in the middle of the adjustment, and our sight is short, so it seems like an apocalyptic scenario. If you look at the broad strokes, this is merely a correction. Big firms are not a good fit for gaming. So they will be out-competed by smaller firms and indies. We already see it happening. The market will decentralize as tech makes it easier and cheaper for small teams to produce.

>China is a threat

This is how you know someone is completely politically retarded. If anything the biggest threat to world peace is america. They have started endless wars just to keep their corporate lobbyists on life support and the dated petrodollar alive. Every refugee in the past 30 years was caused by americans

Attached: whitebullshit.jpg (520x331, 39K)

>and by that i mean the only game i bought in the last 5 years was Monster Hunter 4U
based.

Attached: 1449301801032.jpg (454x313, 120K)

just pirate

You're allowed to hold an opinion on the topic when you've policed the world for 70 odd years, Pierre.

Blow it out your ass, commie.

Yes it is like 3 people bought the game. The important figure is the amount of revenue generated because that's your bottom line. The number of separate individuals making purchases isn't really relevant.
You don't need to buy the same game multiple times to "vote for it" with your wallet multiple times. Even single player games are subject to business models like "games as a service" and offer many ways to keep paying into the game after you've purchased it. You can purchase a game once and then spend as much on it as 50 people would have spent purchasing their own copies.
There are whales out there who actually spend tens of thousands on microtransactions.
>consumer protections are communism
American education doing good for you?
Saying "that's communism!" about anything short of the state trying to literally appropriate the means of production is ridiculous.
That said, I don't believe microtransactions should be banned, I just think lootboxes and the like should have legally mandated rate transparency and should be taxed and restricted based on local gambling laws.
Any business that stays afloat through consumer exploitation can eat shit.

This year's blizzard revenue has been a record high. Angry posters on Yea Forums and twitter screencaps mean nothing.

>rich people bad
maybe if you tried harder in school you wouldn't be flipping burgers now. the rich aren't at fault for your incompetence.

Kike post

Voting with your wallet is bullshit because a sucker is born every minute. It doesn’t matter that 90% of people look at you with disgust (like EA) it just matters that you keep the retards and fresh blood coming.

>typical american idiots keeping alive the status quo when they are being eliminated by the same elite

lmao enjoy your disappearing middle class and wage slavery. it's inevitable now. you could've gotten sensible shit like free education and healthcare now that money just goes to the 1% laughing at you bootstrap idiots. what a failure

'Consumer protection' is literal commie propaganda. What you're AKTUALLY advocating for is state intervention in the private, voluntary relationships of people. Doesn't sound as benign when you don't obfuscate with buzzwords. That's why we call you a commie, even if you'rd technically not a literal commie.

Good goyim, the wealthy are your friends. They're always looking out for the little guy. Their success will trickle down into your pockets, just buy more overwatch skins.

>capitalism is entirely about centralization, retard.
I hope that you’re just shitposting and aren’t this retarded.

They're not looking out for the little guy, they're looking out for themselves. If the little guy did that as well, he would be rich too.

>sensible shit like free education and healthcare
>free
>sensible shit
the absolute STATE

>pay less taxes than the individual
>have offshore bank accounts where literally billions are stored away and move their money in such ways as to avoid even the slightest so called "Trickle down"
>buy their way into the government with their money and pass legislations that make it more and more difficult for small businesses to enter the market and remain competitive and continue to tighten the regulations to make sure no one else can become as rich as they did in the same manner
I-it's totally not their fault, it's not an o-oligarchy or anything, r-rght, guys?
Fucking pathetic.

>Free
user, you do know what taxes are right?

>and that's why im flipping burgers. not because i had a D average and didn't make it into college!

t. Good goy

By looking out for themselves they've made it so that the next little guy in line will never do as well as they did because they run the government now and their chief concern is preserving their power.

It's not even my problem. If the dummies wanna keep getting fucked paying for boosters and dance emotes then that's their fault. I wont be one of them. The industry can just keep becoming increasingly volatile, those companies can keep getting investigated by national governments, and those games can keep falling short of sales expectations.

>he would be rich too.
Doubtful, at best he's gonna get a pencil pusher job.

yeah, that's right! your shortcomings are someone else's fault, not yours! never yours!

You guys realize you could just pirate right?
if you feel so bad about it just buy it when
>it's under 40 burgerclaps
>DRM is removed
> payed online is removed
>no required 3rd party launcher
i.e: how it should have always been.

Attached: 1550601529847m.jpg (1024x1024, 88K)

>every other real first world nation has it
>easy af if you tax the already bloated rich
>b-but I have to SUCK BOOMER ELITE DICK I CANT STOP SUCKING BOOMER ELITE DICK

(You)

If that's the top of his capabilities, than that's what he deserves. It's a meritocracy.

The oligarchy isn't a function of rich people existing. When you say "muh rich people," you are implicitly erecting the economic class as the problem. You rightly point to regulatory capture as a problem, but the problem is the existence of the regulatory regime, not that there are rich people. The state is like steroids. It will be used for an advantage. Remove the roids, remove the unjust advantage.

>>buy their way into the government with their money and pass legislations that make it more and more difficult for small businesses to enter the market
So your solution is to this is to regulate what all businesses can and can’t sell you even more than they do now?

Nice appeal to popularity fallacy, faggot. The systems suck in all of those countries. Popularity does not mean quality. Isn't that the Yea Forumsirgin credo?

I guess we should just get rid of anti-trust laws and all workers rights laws too, because that's just government meddling. There's no such thing as market exploitation, capitalism is a perfect system and nothing unfair can ever happen.
You're fucking brainwashed if you think that laissez-faire deregulated corporatist capitalism is anything but corporate welfare that allows companies with failing business models to succeed through unchecked underhanded market exploitation.

*ruins video games*

Attached: the end.jpg (1600x900, 222K)

>J-just work hard, goy, one day you'll make it!
Every time.
youtube.com/watch?v=QPKKQnijnsM

daily reminder Amazon paid literally 0 taxes

late stage capitalism is everyone's enemy

These big boy influencers who you are an unpaid advertiser for are human beings with names and addresses, flesh and blood. You can go to 7-11 right now and buy a knife capable of killing them for five dollars.

ITT:
>Monopoly bad!
>Please govt monopoly save us!
Really makes you think.

Attached: 1550763768029.jpg (360x360, 55K)

>trying to help the fellow anons from being a negative retard
FUCK OFF, we dont want positive and constructive people who help other people here

rich people are rich? I am shocked, SHOCKED

Alright then increase the legitimacy of Video Games as an art. Until then shut the fuck up. This shit is a slave plantation without even a fucking union and rife with arbitrary decisions and still scoffed at on average by their contemporaries and you think you won't eat perceived shit? Fuck off

Telling lobbyists and politicians who accept bribes from them to fuck off isn't telling all businesses what they can and can't sell you.

You're not wrong, user. I'm no commie, but I'm no corporatist bootlicker either. Shitty business practices are still shitty, and the more money getting poured into them will guarantee they continue. My dollar is worthless to them because they never catered to me to get it. Fucking sad how many autists on Yea Forums act like companies can do no wrong.

Attached: 1543927927369.gif (500x367, 817K)

Pretty much the situation we’re in now

Should have shat on the nihilists and “wallet voters” when we had the chance. It’ll gonna take decades to un-retard the masses now.

Attached: C8634DBF-197E-4127-ABB9-2C39765423FD.jpg (550x512, 45K)

This man fucks. Nihilism creates useless people who unproductively dwell on mental traps. In the end you'll stumble out of the sad haze and realize you've gained nothing and lost a lot from this worldview.

>fuck the consumer, legalize the EULA, does it matter if they demand access to your information and can cut off the service you've paid for, if the company says it's the law, it must be the law!

the "ideal" is laughable lmao

The only thing that stops vote with your wallet from working is that Whale votes are worth several million times your own

>I guess we should just get rid of anti-trust laws and all workers rights laws too
Yeah, we literally should, because all it does is reduce employment options, inflate prices and entrench monopolies. Anti-trust is an IQ test. Its original intent was the quasi-nationalization of industries.

>There's no such thing as market exploitation
Considering a market is a situation where two parties mutually benefit through voluntary trade, uhhh, no, there isn't.

>capitalism is a perfect system and nothing unfair can ever happen
I never said that. But if you think capitalism is the font of unfairness in the world, and a literal violence-based monopoly is the solution to unfairness, then you might be retarded, might you?

>You're fucking brainwashed if you think that laissez-faire deregulated corporatist capitalism is anything but corporate welfare that allows companies with failing business models to succeed through unchecked underhanded market exploitation.
This is entirely incoherent. How the fuck does laissez-faire HELP a failing business model? Laissez-faire means NO HELP. It means you have to compete on an undistorted market. Also corporate WELFARE entails govt handouts and privileges. Also antithetical to laissez-faire. You clearly no fucking nothing about any of this. YOU'RE the ideological zombie, here. Everything you say is regurgitated NPC rhetoric.

The Athenians figured that out thousands of years ago, but nobody wants to read the fucking history and draw conclusions from it. Even the definition of "liberal arts" has changed, in those times it meant something different entirely.
>The liberal arts are those subjects or skills that in classical antiquity were considered essential for a free person (liberalis, "worthy of a free person")[3] to know in order to take an active part in civic life, something that (for ancient Greece) included participating in public debate, defending oneself in court, serving on juries, and most importantly, military service. Grammar, logic, and rhetoric were the core liberal arts (the trivium), while arithmetic, geometry, the theory of music, and astronomy also played a part in education (as the quadrivium)

woops

>We

Attached: 1546985878272.png (448x539, 267K)

>fineleatherjackets.net/monkeyinflation
What a fucking champ.

there's a high chance that there's some mistakes in this graph, which make the entire thing useless

I can vote for my local representatives in a republic, or directly on policy decisions in a democracy.
I can't vote for what private companies do or who they're run by, and if a private company holds a monopoly of some kind there is absolutely nothing that I as an individual can do about it short of some kind of retarded anarchist violence.

The government, controlled (in theory, but not really in practice in places like America) by the collective will of the people, can tell those who exploit the economic system we live in to fuck off.
Capitalism isn't perfect and Americans should stop pretending it is, it's subject to the same level of human folly as any economic system.. It's a hell of a lot better for people than communism, so you should be trying as best you can to patch all of its holes so it doesn't inevitably fall apart under the weight of some people's apparently insatiable sociopathic greed.

Does anyone actually know what "Day One DLC" is anymore? Seems like people mistake that for announcing DLC plans before the game is launched.

Attached: 1550032828061.png (188x229, 37K)

>The market will decide everything, THE MARKET THE MARKET THE MARKET THE MARKET!
Your blind faith in it is either a troll or mental illness, I can offer no other rational explanations. You should educate yourself on the history of economics and check "Gilded age" out. It might prove to be enlightening.

Attached: 1546892135127.gif (498x414, 1.57M)

I can't think of anything I'd enjoy less.

Not him, but where the fuck do you live? Are you implying corporations aren't in any way benefitted by the fucking government? Did you forget the bank bailouts, by chance? The business models are not failing to make money, they fail to create better, fairer business practices that actually benefit the consumer. Twelve years ago, we didn't have to worry about DLC, day one patches, and early access tripe; now mindless consumers have paid into that shit and WE are the ones affected by it. The business model of unfinished games sure brings in swells of cash, but is it a good practice for a business to do? You're nuts, man.

So you are 100% ok with Microtransactions, Day-One DLC, DRM, lootboxes, etc being sold?

>you've policed the world for 70 odd years
do americans actually think that?

Attached: 1550642698432.gif (450x252, 911K)

This way of thinking falls into the fallacy of assuming hard work and financial competence are one and the same, when they obviously are not. There's nothing wrong with someone making exponentially more compared to the "hard work" put in, because he is capable of spending money wisely. It's true that there are some issues - specifically in America - with the distribution of wealth, but it's not nearly as dramatic as many people make it out to be. Hard work and even basic financial competence still can carry you into uncapped financial success unless you're below the poverty line to start.

>Raise taxes.
>Don't teach tax regulations or finances to any acceptable degree throughout most levels of schooling.
>Keep janky tax codes that does shit like tax people on what they make rather than on what's left after expenses are covered, like corporations.
>Act surprise when the middle class shrinks and the absolute upper class grows because they know how to write shit off and reduce their tax burden.
>Suggest higher taxes and more social benefits to fix this.
>Get stuck in a perpetual spiral.

Not every will be a millionaire, but it's not that fucking hard for a decently intelligent person to not be a fucking pauper, assuming they're willing to do some work and learn a few things.

Attached: 1481818129494.jpg (500x750, 233K)

Dude I literally said govt handouts and privileges. Are you even capable of reading? Do you know what LAISSEZ-FAIRE means? Are you seriously fucking telling me right now that you actually think the BAILOUTS are laissezz-faire? I'm not arguing for bailouts or corporate-govt collusion. I'm arguing for the polar opposite.

Sir, i'll have to check those numbers unless you want to go to jail.

Attached: 27714062-male-caucasian-police-officer-in-blue-cop-uniform-holds-up-hand-in-stop-gesture-on-white-ba (863x1300, 137K)

T. Lazy incel neet

If you can’t even handle talking to retards online you won’t even make it into McDonalds

We never should have policed shit. Other countries shouldn't beg us for help and we shouldn't coddle them.
we did, don't bullshit us. If it wasn't for other countries bitching and moaning, we would've stayed clear of both world wars, and the cold war.

>not paying for virtual goods
>not paying for other people’s work
A lot of these problems are unacceptable but literally you’re paying these people to continue making games that you enjoy, that’s pretty straightforward and necessary

>it’s just a computer program
>it should be free

Maybe I misread you, then. My argument was that laissez-faire doesn't work and isn't supported in society anymore. My bad, user.

>suggesting breaking the law and evading taxes as a solution to poverty instead of reforming the laws and punishing those that violated them

>wan't to make easy war money at every opportunity
>W-WE POLICE!

Americans make sure all the chaos in the world is restricted to shit skin countries no one cares about and enemies of freedom. If we didn't have presence in every country in the world like we do, then wars would be at the doorstep of white men instead of sand niggers eastern Europeans.

>The whole point of voting is that everybody is equally represented with equivalent voting power and political influence.
Is that really how you think voting works in any country on earth?

Laissez-faire does work, and our society is so fucked because of government growth and intervention. The govt ENABLES large corporations to succeed without offering the best product at the best price. Less govt, less power for the wealth elites to co-opt for their own interests.

We have nowadays a good collection of respectable indie titles precisely because enough people don't buy the triple A trash and look elsewhere to buy better things.
It works. People who tell to give up are the enemy and should be shot as traitors.

Attached: 1550593026167.gif (400x305, 641K)

dealing with taxes efficiently isn't breaking the law retard

Go to bed, Deathknight fag.

If there was no law against paying full time employees literal pennies on the hour, every single company would.
If there was no law against very young children being exploited for cheap labor, every company would hire 10 year olds as basically slaves.
If there was no law against maintaining an extremely unsafe workplace environment, working in a factory would be a death trap because no company would want to spend the large amount of money required to make them safe.
If there were no laws against holding a monopoly over a market and aggressively targeting any possible competitors to push them out of the market, every single product you buy would be sold in a monopoly market with an arbitrarily set non-competitive price.

How do I know these things? Because they actually happened in real life and that's why we have those fucking laws, you absolute bootlicking shill

It literally doesn't, there are so many well documented and empirically confirmed market failures, it's beyond me how you can even say something that retarded in this day and age. A free market economy is vastly superior over centrally planned economy, there isn't even a comparison to be made, but there are limits that have to be put in place for it to work.

Who said anything about evading taxes? There are countless, legal, ways to reduce the amount of taxes you pay. Try running your own business, or being your own business entity, like a contractor. You quickly figure out this shit.
>Take the money you make.
>Reinvest it into your business.
>Your business becomes your primary asset, not your very taxable savings account.

Pretty much this. You have to understand that you are no longer the target demographic. Buy the games that are for you and let Zoomers prop up the AAA industry with their casual bux.

Attached: Shadow-Tactics-Blades-of-the-Shogun.jpg (1920x1080, 301K)

The government enables them to succeed because they're paying politicians to make laws and change policy to benefit them and allow them to keep exploiting the market.

The government "enables" the corporations to succeed because corporations run the government now. Do you understand? They used the money they've made first to buy their way into the government and then do whatever they pleased to benefit themselves and manipulate the market in their favor. Without the government intervention, they'd have practically limitless power instead as there'd be no barriers to circumvent. Just because they managed to exploit the government for their own ends doesn't mean you have to do away with government entirely. Instead you do away with those that have secured these unfair advantages by exposing them and their machinations.

>all the rightists ITT thinking sucking rich elite dick makes them the rich elite

lmao

Attached: dayinlife.jpg (1007x1200, 336K)

>The government "enables" the corporations to succeed because corporations run the government now.
That is absolutely false, though a fairly widespread misconception.

Oof, demoralized and subverted.

Attached: Cypher1.jpg (392x606, 80K)

2000s era Bush America is very different than what I'm talking about, Eurotrash.

Laissez-faire doesn't work entirely, dude. Vertical and horizontal integration and formations of monopolies and trusts were a massive issue during the 1890s through to the 1920s. Even today, modern tech giants have formed a trust of their own that stifles small upstarts online, and the government has done nothing to get involved there. Plus, corporate donors literally fund and pay for politicians now: not politicians buying off companies, the exact opposite. Corporations have far more power than you think they do.

you commies are just as bad tb h

>If there was no law against paying full time employees literal pennies on the hour, every single company would.
Hmm... until literal any single company opted to pay them more, and then benefited immensely from all the forthcoming labor.

It's astonishing how people can make it into adulthood without even acquiring a modicum of common sense, let alone economic sophisticaion.

Employees aren't slaves, retard. Terms of employment are negotiated, not dictated.

Meanwhile, you want an actual dictatorial body to control businesses. You're so fucking delusional.

This is the mentality of stupid people
I'm 100% positive there was thousands of people who had the same hand mixer as your old one that broke within a year or two. Just because you took better care of it.
I have products from 5-10 years ago that only have a common "life span" of a year or two because I'm not a fucking caveman and properly use/maintain my shit.

>70 years
>but not the years i don't like
stfu nigger, you're a stupid retard and you know it

There's a few respectable indie titles, sure, but not enough to sustain the industry under the weight of all the other idiots. But at least we got Hat in Time, thank god.

do you not understand how using a plastic gear transmission is planned obsolescence

Yes, and there is literally no way to stop them from doing this, no matter how many laws you pass. You are only empowering the state further, thus increasing the power of their wealthy cronies.

They pay the government to help them out.
That means that if we get rid of the government intervention, we'll be left with...
Illegitimately successful corporationds with incredibly exploitative anti-consumer business models who are now totally unchecked and free to do whatever they want, some of which already have near total market control in their respective industries.

If you don't see how awful that is, you're beyond help. If you think less government regulations would make Monsanto stop genetically engineering their crops to not produce seeds so they can force farmers to keep buying from them every harvest, you're fucking delusional.

Keep running your mouth, europoor. You'll beg for us again like you always do.

>Shadow Tactics
Can you play that game in coop ?

>Describes communism
>Dude it's not communism cuz I said so lel
This is the reason Euro education is considered worse than the US these days

>literally had a historical precedent thrown in his face from the history of his own country that proves him wrong
>still continues to embarrass himself
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gilded_Age

Another one for the filter, cheers mate.
/wait for (the )?(\w* )?war/i:boards:v

*buy enough DLC and microtransactions to compensate for everyone in the thread*

Attached: whale.png (678x600, 13K)

Let me guess, you also think a minimum wage, child labor laws and workers right are communism.

Oh so we're writing speculative fanfiction are we...
A new competitor pops up and starts to pay people better, so in response the company you work for buys them out (because the owner is literally the richest man on the planet now due to doing as much as is physically possible to exploit the market and his employees) and now all their employees make the same number of pennies as you already do.
Checkmate retard.

You're right about that. Corporatists and their handlers in government should be removed simultaneously.

Negotiated? You fuckin serious? What job have you ever held let you "negotiate" damn thing, aside from possible work hours? Companies hand you contracts pre-written with the sole expectation that you sign it--no negotiation allowed. You don't like their proposal? Find another job, cause they won't hire you.

>If you don't see how awful that is, you're beyond help. If you think less government regulations would make Monsanto stop genetically engineering their crops to not produce seeds so they can force farmers to keep buying from them every harvest, you're fucking delusional.
So a freer market, wherein anyone can buy and sell to whomever they want, would somehow HELP Monsanto FORCE their clearly undesirable products on consumers? You actually believe this? And I'm delusiona? fucking kek

>Talks shit about Wars
>Too stupid to realize the only reason he isn't getting beheaded in the streets is because Americans have protected/bailed out his shitty country since the dawn of man
You literally owe your entire safety to us buddy.
Pussy ass britbong

Americans, you mean. Don't try to pin this on us retards.

>Corporatists
That doesn’t mean what you think it does, amerifriend.

>being this fucking obtuse.
You are assuming the stronger won't choose to dominate the weak either by direct or underhanded means without the intervention of the government. You are literally disregarding human nature, arguing in favor of your utopian "free market will fix this" system, putting you on the same level as the communist that dreams about unity, peace and prosperity of the proletariat united under a common cause for a brighter tomorrow. This is nothing but fucking fantasies.

You should know better.
#reddit spacing filters
/(\n){3}/
/(\n\n(.{0,250})\n\n)/
/>.*\n.{1,200}\n\n>.*\n.{1,200}\n\n/
/^(>>\d{5,10}\n)?>.*\n\n.{1,200}$/

>Ever since $60 became the standard
So since video games existed? You stupid fucks act like it's something recent when fucking NES/SNES titles were often $50/60.

Like you pricks aren't the same. You got companies clamping down in England over hate speech on Twitter, shut up. Leave it to a euro to act holier than thou.

I'm pretty sure britbongs fought their own wars successfully as did the majority of Europe when they repelled the Ottoman invasions before America even existed as a country.

You forgot Alpha and Early Access shite !

>american drunk on his own propaganda

the only reason Ices got as big as they are was because they were CIA funded to destablize countries in that region that weren't enslaved to your federal bank. All the insurgents you're supposed to be saving the world from were your own agents at some point in time. Even fucking Binboy Laden.

Not if the first issue you handle is the corruption of the state. In a democracy the power of the state is the power of the people, in America corporatism has usurped that power in favor of a small elite of functional oligarchs and you're saying the solution to that is to just let them do whatever they want?

You cannot trust private companies. Ever. Give them an inch and they'll take a mile and try to sell it back to you for 10x what it's worth.
You can't trust the government either, they'll try the same shit, but you can control the government and that's why you make sure the government is the bitch of the people while still being an effective tool to prevent any potential exploitation

Posturing is an american pastime.

Spacing out replies for legibility isn't reddit, you tool. I've been stuck in this shithole since late 07.

And after America became a country, you failures lost everything again and again. Couldn't beat a ragtag group of colonists even after burning down the White House. Begged us to save you in WWI, then again in WWII. Britain dragged us into Iran for oil endeavors and then our politicians got wise to how lucrative it is trying to play police. Worst mistake we ever made was helping you faggots.

Attached: boxxymootmoment.jpg (600x800, 63K)

>calls basic economic science science fiction
>responds by just asserting a bunch of bullshit
ok so he buys them out. then what? another guy starts a firm and does it. Ok so he buys them out too. Then what? Is he going to do this ad infinitum? As the prices of the remaining firms skyrocket in response to the new demand? Does he have infinite money? Is he the govt? Can he just print money? Tax people? Or does he have to keep cutting into his own wealth to do it? Are the shareholders just gonna sit back and love watching him perpetually throw money at moles popping up? Your ideology-addled mind is not actually fertile ground for coherent economic theorizing. I know the bullshit that comedy central fed to you tasted good, but it's still bullshit.

Monsanto will be the only option, farmers will be forced to buy from them because any competition will be crushed or absorbed in their total market domination because that's how monopolies operate you fucking dunce.

>for legibility
And that shopping list you replied to is anything but.

>451835913
got a license for that reply m8?

Why would anyone consider any of those communism you fucking moron?
God damn, this is why the EU doesn't even have any power in their own country. You stupid fucks are absolutely awful at arguing or debating.

keep bitching about spacing faggot, I can tell the conversation is a little tough for you to follow

>appeals to human nature
>talks about power differentials leading to exploitation
>literally wants to give some people the power to rule over others because humans can't be trusted with power
laughing at statist incoherence
you seem to think that without the state, humans are just meek little inerts with zero capacity to protect their own interests. Bet you support gun control, too
lmao

Did you mean to say ISIS? Again, Euro education at it's finest. Even more so that you think a ragtail group like ISIS is "big". They've never been an issue to us and never will be.

they were quite literally called communism by the opposition when they were first introduced. Government regulation is infact a good thing as long as its not overtly heavy handed or needless. So unless you want to live in a world with no minimwage, child workers and zero workers rights. Then shut the fuck up with calling every single thing communism

You cannot point to a single example of a natural monopoly. Monopolies require govt collusion. Standard Oil wasn't a monopoly. Vanderbilt created an illegal ferry service to COMPETE with a state-enforced monopoly. Everything you've been taught is the precise opposite of reality, because it serves your masters that you believe it.

>implying they can't simply finance a well trained and armed unit of men that will shoot any competition dead and destroy their production, or "reclaim" it for the good of the company
Are you daft? Has the entirety of mankind's history taught you nothing?

>he ignores and doesn't reply to the post that mentions by name the historical precedent that proves him wrong
If you let companies fuck people over, they will fuck people over. I don't know how this is so hard for you to understand. They will fuck people over until they dominate the market, they'll use their position in the market to erase all their competition, and then they'll fuck people over harder.
This literally happened in real life, your speculative fanfiction can eat itself.

the only reason people go to the right is because of retards like you, faglord

it's been 6 years already huh

Attached: 1487529570278.jpg (720x714, 109K)

LMAO the snowflakes are fucking seething at this post.

yall need to read chapter three of Rugmans "International Business", corporations aren't the big bad boogiemen they are widely though to be

Don't whine about the content next time you reply to one, you chose to see it.

You mean they'd behave like govt?

Also what's to stop everyone from arming themselves and defending their property?

>This was in 2012

Long over the hill, but before we hit bedrock

>Never an issue
>killed thousands of people brutally because you couldn't keep your lapdog and greed in check

every american has bloodied hands. there way of life has been bought by blood and cold hearted mass murder. also you too stupid to realize why I didn't use the real name either. no surprise because you are used to your privacy being raped and living in a police state

If he's so damn smart, then how did he end up with a name like rugman?

Checkmate, economists.

>Called bad by the companies only paying their workers 5% of their labor and forcing children into unsafe practices to save even more money
Yes user, of course they were considered bad by the people abusing them. Almost like how several country leaders said democracy was bad but also ruled with an iron fist and killed people who tried to oppose them. Now why would anyone want these bad evil things?
Again, the ONE thing I've pointed out is that you wanting government regulated spending and government regulated purchases is literally the definition of communism. If you're gonna try and talk shit, at least have a better education kid.

Any job that requires a degree and expeirence usually allows room for income negotiation.

Attached: 1548865814575.jpg (941x768, 119K)

I wouldn't go as far as calling them people.

What I for one desire is for games to be full of sex, violence and plain old fun. The game industry is now full of people who are fundamentally opposed to this in one way or another. Given this, short of starting my own company,(something I, like most people would not be successful at)what precisely are we supposed to do other then the buy the few games that buck the micro-transaction trend and the "no sexy stuff plus make all the chicks ugly for the sake of brownie points with legbeards" trend?

>If you let companies fuck people over, they will fuck people over.
And why do you need a govt to stop them from doing this? All you need is freedom of association and property to disassociate from bad actors or defend yourself from those who impose. The govt violates and reduces both of these capacities. You're literally handing the ball to the people with the money by erecting a legitimized locus of violent power.

playstation "gamers" on the right

>I will never accept publicly praised, shitty writing
Can someone clue me in to how you make sure that something is objectively shitty writing?

Unironically this, or just pirate everything.

I paid for Switch online the other day. Paying for console online was the one thing I refused to do.

EA published it.

>I'm gonna arbitrarily define monopolies as requiring government intervention so I can say it's not a monopoly if a single company dominates more than 90% of their market through underhanded cost-cutting and anti-competitive measures
lol

You're living in a fantasy world.
Tell me, what exactly is stopping a private company from taking advantage of a market an forming a monopoly if there is no government intervention?
What market force is there that stops a company that is large and successful enough to sabotage, encroach upon, and flat out eradicate it's competitors, from doing exactly that?

>And why do you need a govt to stop them from doing this
Because people don't want to get fucked?

published what?

I'm on the cusp right now, I want to play Tetris so bad but i'm trying to get people to go in on the family plan online so i can get it as cheap as possible, still, 14+ years of this almost being a shit industry standard and I've never budged,
Fuck console online fees

My condolences. My grandma had alzheimer's and I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

that would be a pretty witty post if not for the fact that there literally wasn't a game named

This entire board used to be filled with this sentiment until zoomers and shills overran actual users.

Lol, that's what I'm saying.
If a corporation does something against people, and they don't want them doing that thing, they will not allow them to. They will associate with someone else, or violently resist if they're not allowed to. Unless, of course, a govt with the monopoly on force, which controls the guns and the financial/monetary system, uses its power to suppress them, usually at the behest of the very cronies you think it's a defense against.

Corporations have no power to force you to do anything unless they behave like governments or collude with actual governments. The problem is government, not individual liberty.

thanks

Could you please leave the libertarian spergouts on the appropriate board? They're pretty tiresome.

I've seen these two posts in a thread on Yea Forums before.
This is a blackpill shill thread

>just don't associate with them lol
Damn... I disassociated from BreadCo because they started charging $50 a loaf, but they own all the agriculture infrastructure in the entire country and have enough money and resources to enforce their ownership so me and my family of serfs haven't eaten in 17 days... Guess I'll just die.

Damn... I wanted to get residential internet so I could get a job (because they need me to be able to access work related files at any time) but ISPnet is my only option. If I purchase their basic package, I wouldn't have enough money left each month to pay my rent. Guess I'll just be homeless and lose my job.

fuck you, nigger.
I didn't start the fucking thread. Deal with differing views, you little bitch.

I'll say it again, not that it'll do any good:
monopolies require govt. the doom scenario you sketch out is a literal impossibility on a free market.

>corporations have no power to force you to do anything
LOL

Then, would you be so kind as to get a trip so that I could voluntarily disassociate from you?

This is a stupid thread but it has given me a lot of food for thought. Thanks Yea Forums.

Attached: 1549684510367.png (534x494, 259K)

food's for eating, dumbass

I don't gve a fuck if everyone else is a fucktard who pays for every little piece cut off the original product. Get on my level lamb!

Attached: fucks i give.jpg (776x613, 312K)

Oh, right. I forgot that Wallmart kidnapped me and sent me to prison for not buying their shit. Silly me! Private business is, like, SO horrible. Bernie 2020

never change

Attached: 675.jpg (1000x800, 301K)

>g-give it up, you can't beat the system!

No. I'm forcing you to associate with me for the good of society.

>there needs to be consumer unions.
Isn't that a thing already?

How is it literally impossible? What market force makes it impossible?
What makes you believe that ANY economic system could possibly be totally free from corruption and exploitation internally?
Do you know nothing about human nature? Or are you just autistic?

I don't think so. There are boycotts but no persistent movement of consumer organization against corporations.

Corprate propaganda have successfully convinced people that unions are evil and you should never push for workers rights. So consumer rights are def not going to get unions.

>calls people commies
>because the rich elite told them never to speak up for your rights

lel

Not him but
1. This is an off topic OP
2. He was having an ongoing discussion with another user
3. you're gay

>corporations can't MAKE you buy their products
>they can only manipulate and dominate the market so that if you want to purchase something you have to purchase from them because there are no other options
>they're totally not forcing you to buy their product, you can just NOT buy it lol
>oops WaterCo controls the water market lol, your options are to die of thirst or buy from them now
>but they're not FORCING you so it's okay
You're a joke.

>That guy who went to jail for collecting rain water
I dont agree with Communism but I can see why a lot of young people are open to it when they look at the corrupted form of capitalism we have and find it lacking

Attached: 1275183948438.png (423x467, 271K)

Say your prayers then, you've interrupted my nap.

Attached: 1538559505489.jpg (1230x692, 164K)

Not him but
1. Ancaps are retarded
2. You can tell whoever you want to fuck off
3. No u

>tfw having fun with video games
feels good man

You monster.

just walk away.
If the market rejects you, reject the market.
If a machine does not serve you, what purpose does it have?

Attached: Kjell-625x352.jpg (625x352, 36K)

Actually me but
I disagree.

I can see why so many young people are disillusioned with American corporarist capitalism, I just wish they understood that communism is the exact same shit but find and replace "corporate oligarchs" with "the state".

Where do we walk away to at this point

>just walk away
I seriously can't read or hear that anymore without cracking a smile after watching Xavier. That goofy fuck.

I never said a laissez-faire market is free of corruption. Corruption/greed is human nature. That is precisely why I oppose the state. While I don't claim laissez-faire eliminates corruption, I do assert that corruption is less fruitful for the bad people and less harmful to society without the power to coerce people into compliance (the state). If your corruption is leading to higher prices and consumer dissatisfaction, you will be replaced by a better firm.

The mechanism in place here is competition. It creates a disincentive to do anything that dissatisfies consumers. It exists both in the active form, whereby other firms in your industry compete with you on price, service, etc, and in the passive form whereby there is always the potential that newcomers could enter the market should your fuckery make competing with you easier. Because there's no govt to artificially impose costs onto businesses, anyone with a little scratch and the will could potentially start a business. This maximizes competition. On a laissez-faire system, you have your property and that's it. You MUST convince someone to voluntarily trade with you to have a legitimate business. This essentially forces you to cooperate with people if you want to get their shekels. I know this all sounds retarded to most people today. I thought the same way. But I have yet to hear a convincing argument against full blown laissezz-faire.

nigger, away
look at whatever makes you want to vomit, turn 360 degrees, and walk away

Again, this entire "argument" rests upon the fallacy that giant, hegemonic monopolies can form on a free market, which they cannot.

We’re surrounded by vomit at every angle

>That guy who went to jail for collecting rain water
You mean that guy who was sent to jail by govt?

yeah yeah, that wasn't actually free market, a truly free market has never been tried etc etc etc
everyone's seen this song and dance a million times before

All thanks to corporate lobbying

If you point to an example of something I do not advocate for as an example of what I advocate for, is it not only fair that I reject the straw man?

Which is the inevitable outcome of any and all political systems.

Doubt the soviets advocated for starving to death either.

>the mechanism in place here is competition
Because there's nothing anyone could ever do that could be described as "anti-competitive" right? If that's not the case, then right there your entire post falls apart. Do you really think that private companies cannot act anti-competitively?
Think really hard about this.
>it creates a disincentive to do anything that dissatisfies consumers
Hmm, that's really weird. It's weird because if you look around at various industries where there IS competition, entire industries often try as hard as they can to promote anti-consumer and consumer exploitative business practices- and they're often very successful despite being objectively worse for consumers.
It's almost like what companies do to exploit the market isn't limited to stuff that doesn't disagree with you like price gouging.

>monopolies cannot form in a free market
>those weren't REAL monopolies
>that wouldn't happen in a REAL free market
Yeah and the Soviet Union wasn't REAL Communism, I guess we should totally try it again!
Go fuck yourself, you ancap retards are just as bad as commies.

Then the answer is clear, we must destroy the rich

Nah.
Maybe a few of them though, a bit of a "French revolution" of sorts in America wouldn't be too bad.

>HURR ALL GAMES SHOULD BE FREE AND SHOULD ONLY HAVE STORYTELLING AND WRITING THAT CATERS TO ME
Holy autism, Batman!
also
>muh $60 pricetags
New games have been $60+ for the past decade and a half

Attached: 1547955425524.gif (300x169, 377K)

>if a game isn't monetized to hell then its free!!

Hello EA shill

>wanting games to not be full of money grubbing bullshit is wanting free games
0.01 cents have been deposited into your account

Anti-competitve practices is like market failure. A hollow propaganda term with no bearing on reality. Cartels? Price cutting? Doesn't work. Has never worked, unless govt enforces cartels through exclusionary regulation. Price cutting has never even really existed. I know you think it has, because someone told you, but if you actually do the non-npc thing and look into it yourself, you will find it is a lie.

Let's do the theory to show how asinine a proposition it is, even if it sounds logical at first:
>I cut my prices below a level that anyone else can manage.
>By definition I am now taking massive losses, but I intend to make it up by jacking up the price once the others are out of business.
>Ok, maybe I can convince the shareholders of this.
>Everyone else goes out of business. I jack up the prices. Now my profit margins are sky high.
>owo what's this?
>Seeing the high profits, a new competitor appears! What? Two more? Shit! Another! And they're using better, newer equipment than me???
>Prices start equalizing again.
>Guess I have to cut mine again.
>Absolutely hemorrhaging money.
>Shareholders are somehow ok with this strategy.
>Others go out of business again, though they did make a lot of money in the short term.
>Ok, now I can ja---FUCK

I buy maybe 1-2 $60 games a year because most games arent worth it in my opinion
Ive bought 6 new games since 2014
>dark souls 2
>witcher 3
>DMC4:SE(was only like $40 and not an actual new game)
>dark souls 3
>final fantasy 15(not worth at all in hindsight)
>monster hunter world

>anti-competitive practices don't exist lol
t. NPC

>people can just pull infrastructure, supply line, distribution, raw materials and equipment out of their ass

boomer elite fantasy situation to make you think it's all "fair"

nice strawman

video games

t. guy repeating popular myths that 90% of people believe in against a guy speaking unpopular truth that gets him branded as either evil or retarded by most people
lmaoing

>seeing the high profits, potential competitors begin to
>using my frankly mind boggling amount of money, established market presence, and already in-place infrastructure, I get rid of the potential competition before they have the chance to get big enough to be a threat
>continue to dominate the market
>use my even more ridiculous amount of money to ensure that new competition has a hard time popping up in the first place and is at a disadvantage compared to the sheer scale of my operation which is basically exponential in a global marketplace
>I can now do whatever I want without consequence

>using my frankly mind boggling amount of money, established market presence, and already in-place infrastructure, I get rid of the potential competition before they have the chance to get big enough to be a threat
ok, now, instead of just asserting this, try to actually explain HOW this part occurs. You will see the flimsiness of your committee-controlled worldview.

>Not a single mention of 'zoomer'.
I'm always reminded how truly alone Yea Forums is.

Attached: 1550446482954.jpg (1079x1123, 319K)

>beep boop anarcho-capitalism has no possible flaws beep boop
>anti-competitive practices would lead to flaws so I conclude they do not exist because I say so beep boop
>I am perfectly sane, my logic is impeccable beep boop

I'm pretty satisfied with pirating 99% of my games and buying the ones I really like.

The industry and its bullshit will implode on itself eventually, even despite the vast number of retards who buy everything they shit out at every chance that they get. After that happens, maybe then I'll give vidya a chance again.

But until then, I'm quite content with never paying for a single game ever again.

Attached: 51477544_2197342770312753_4017810376329527296_n.jpg (640x960, 33K)

>lol why go to protest it doesn't matter
>lol why vote it doesn't mean anything
>lol why even talk about what's important to you
>lol why even try to promote important matters that could benefit society
you are literally human garbage. 100% useless to society and human race.

deleted comment because it was so bootlickingly bad

Attached: 1 hp remaining.webm (360x640, 414K)

>banned for participating in a thread they leave up
the absolute state of vjannies.

Attached: 1549073805357.jpg (863x867, 284K)

actually I got fucking banned and they deleted my comments, which were all great. fuck jannies

Attached: 1549055714109.jpg (224x225, 13K)

>uh oh, banks, people aren't buying my game please let me loan money to cover my expenses, i'll pay you later
>sure thing bud
>goverment covers loan expenses if the company doesn't pay because "we must support out industry"
There you go OP

Attached: state nigger.jpg (850x400, 38K)

Capitalism is killing gaming. The industry expects year over year growth. EA called BFV a failure for selling 6 million copies when they expected 7 million. Since when is selling 6 million of a product a failure? Only when shareholders expect to be even more ridiculously wealthy.

Based and goypilled

>Seeing the high profits, a new competitor appears! What? Two more? Shit! Another! And they're using better, newer equipment than me???
ok, now, instead of just asserting this, try to actually explain HOW this part occurs. You will see the flimsiness of your human-nature-denying logically incoherent corporarist worldview.

Anti-competitive practices that make it harder for new competitors to enter an industry and allow companies to profit from consumer unfriendly practices aren't few in number.

Exclusive dealing, price fixing, predatory pricing, aggressive marketing and disinformation campaigns, various forms of collusion between companies like agreeing to maintain separate regional monopolies, and even literally absorbing competitors.
How, pray tell, can a new competitor show up if the company that manufactures production equipment has an exclusive deal with the potential monopoly (that is mutually beneficial to both of them as long as the monopoly is maintained) and the industry surrounding production of the production equipment is equally corrupt?
You massively downplay just how hard humans will work to scum the shit out of each other. Fuck yours.

t. someone advocating for government intervention on the market

Attached: What capitalism is.png (253x200, 5K)

Backlash isn't what is killing Blizzard. Activision is. WoW was at its most popular when there was lots of backlash against the star pony.

When people criticize capitalism, they're usually trying to criticize American corporatism. They're not literally advocating for the end of people buying and selling shit, you autist.

The government is my own boot, I control who it kicks. Why would I be licking it?

What does it matter if he regrets before he's dead? The man who has nothing but regret and the man who has accomplished much are both equal in the end.

>Yeah well the man who accomplished much will be remembered!

Remember to be buried with some bug spray to keep all the critters in the coffin at bay so you won't decay while being remembered all day.

The man who accomplished much will have created an empire for his children to inherit.

>Anti-competitive practices that make it harder for new competitors to enter an industry and allow companies to profit from consumer unfriendly practices aren't few in number.
And they all require the govt to be maintained.

Your post basically talks about cartels and price cutting. That's the only shit you people have. I explained why "predatory pricing" doesn't work.

As for cartels:
youtu.be/H6Opvlmy8i8
youtu.be/Mj2nt9MZPHk

fuck jannies

reminder

Attached: 4chan.png (684x292, 19K)

Attached: trump-israel.jpg (1024x683, 67K)

Words are supposed to have meaning, how do you hope to make a point with this kind of "freestyle semantics"? Saying "DAE capitalism bad" only opens borders for retarded millenials to advocate for alternatives they don't even understand like some collectivist ideology.

Attached: Is it Capitalism.png (497x984, 187K)

That's great. I'm sure he will feel really good about that in his coffin.

Hey mutts, how is that wall coming up? Fucking kek, looks like a leftist spic or Bernie will end up rulling your asses after all.

OLD THING GOOD
NEW THING BAD

You'll understand when you have kids user

my purpose is to farm (you)s

>anti-competitive business practices which can be enacted simply through private agreements between private companies with no government action involved totally require government intervention even though it isn't involved at all
>I'm going to pretend you're only talking about cartels and price cutting as I define them because if I can't strawman what you're saying I basically have no argument
>predatory pricing doesn't work because my headcanon says it doesn't
Really nice post you made there mr ban evader. Solid points, shame they're all garbage.

What are greedy shareholders and ridiculous expectations the result of not but capitalism?

Hormonal impulses don't make things reality, user. Or else all trannies would be biologically women.

Greddy share holders wouldn't be able to act like this in a free market. Copyrights are holding everyone back.

>fuck jannies
why, what seems to be the problem?

Literally any criticism of American corporatism gets you accused of being a communist, so I guess they're just rolling with the punches.
If not licking Jeff Bezos's asshole makes you a communist, a lot of millennials are gonna be communists.

You haven't explained how it's not capitalism's fault. Copyright or no, the ownership of the means of production is not in the hands of the workers.

>in a free market human greed doesn't exist lol
>everything would be perfect and people would act exactly like I want them to

>real capitalism has never been tried

oof

sounding like a soiboi there

Current system has always the problems of the free market but with none of the perks. Government work is the least efficient shit in the world. I'd rather have corporations run everything rather than the thieves calling themselves politicans in command

It wouldn't the private sector 5 years to repair a road.

Firms colluding is cartelization, genius. Your whole basis for why predatory pricing works is that cartels will shield the price cutter from the obviously uncompetitive nature of predatory pricing. This means that of the two examples you gave, pp and cartels, one relies on the other and the other relies on itself. So now you have to prove that cartels are viable for your entire theory of anticompetitive practice to hold.

As for aggressive marketing/disinfo, the only other thing I saw besides those two:
>disinfo is potentially fraud/slander and puts you at risk of litigation
>"aggressive marketing" just means "really trying to convince someone to buy your shit." forgive me if I don't shutter in my panties over this. Also remember that marketing costs money, and, unlike govt, businesses' coffers are finite.

Yeah, you'd give them $4 billion to fix all the roads in the country and they'd just take the money and keep it instead of building anything and you'd be powerless to stop them.

Is that what a strawman looks now?
Be a shit dev = get overthrow by better devs that make the same product but better
Another strawman what the fuck

>businesses can just take your money and run with zero consequences
>advocates an institution that spent tens of thousands of taxpayer dollars on a hammer
lmaoing

>And then a moon falls and there is a demon inside who makes the entire world into sex slaved. Good end

See I can just make things up too.

>I'm gonna keep pretending you're only talking about cartels and price cutting so I can make arbitrary assumptions about how they operate like "cartels will shield the price cutter" instead of considering how the anti-competitive business practices actually operate
lol
>disinformation is fraud and puts you at risk of litigation
Oh, so in order to prevent anti-competitive business practices from creating monopolies, you need some kind of... legislative and executive authority... to judge and enforce fairness. I gotcha.

>he thinks it was made up and not analogous to actual events
Businessmen are literal rats and you're even lower than that.

Yeah, they're called courts. And Ancaps believe in courts.

It's almost as if you have no idea what Ancap is.

>he thinks this makes his post more believable
XD

Yeah, in a free market all the bad people will just go away for some reason and everything will be perfect.

Also if you have examples besides cartels/pp, you have yet to provide one. I read the whole post. It was all cartels, pp, and "scary marketing"

wtf I love librarianism now

And thats different from politicians stealing money from tax payers every day, being immune to the law and getting made thousands of dollars for doing literally nothing- every week for the rest of their lives after leaving office how exactly?

There is always going to be an element of corruption when dealing with rich assholes, but the current system removes any efficiency that would come with it

Alright so I think we're getting to the same page here,
In order for anti-competitive business practices to not lead to monopolies, it needs to be illegal to enact those practices?
Really makes me think.

No pro-cap has ever said this or even implied this. Also you can take any argument based in human nature, corruption, greed, selfishness, corner cutting, incompetence, laziness, etc. and it applies doubly to the state as it would to private actors. You btfo yourself.

youtube.com/watch?v=7jRfXTtR34g

If by "anti-competitive business practice" you mean "violently interfering with others or spreading false information," then yeah. But that's not what you mean.

>Comparing the neccessity of water to the modern gaming industry

>Implying all the bad people will go away with or without capitalism
Capitalists understand that bad people will exists in there system.
Capitalists understand that the majority of the time, they can ignore them and rarely would a corparation in a deregulated market would become a complete monopoly.

>Exclusive dealing, price fixing, predatory pricing, aggressive marketing and disinformation campaigns, various forms of collusion between companies like agreeing to maintain separate regional monopolies, and even literally absorbing competitors.
>It's just cartels and pp and scary marketing which are all terms that I continue to define and make assumptions about exclusively in my own head
I thought the claim was that monopolies which come into existence through anti-competitive business practices don't exist because all monopolies need government interference.
But now we're discussing how certain anti-competitive business practices can only be stopped by some kind of governing body (however limited you want; if it governs, it governs) that has the power to make and enforce laws that prohibit them.
So which is it?
Or are you saying
>practices which actively hurt competition in a market don't count as anti-competitive business practices because they're illegal even though there's no government its just a totally-not-government judicial system

This thread hasn't been about videogames for so long dude. That reply chain is obviously divorced from the industry by this point, don't be disingenuous.

It's not my job to save people from themselves. It's not my job to save the videogame industry.
They can buy their 60 dollar season pass critically acclaimed tranny simulators all they want. I will not because I don't like those things. If somehow all fun games stop being made I will just do something else, there's endless amounts of things to do in this world that aren't games

>Exclusive dealing, price fixing, predatory pricing
cartels and pp (wtf do you think exclusive dealing means if not cartels)

>various forms of collusion between companies like agreeing to maintain separate regional monopolies, and even literally absorbing competitors
again. cartels. is this real stupidity or bait?

>I thought the claim was
again, definitions. Violent interference and fraud violates property rights, and such things could prevent competion theoretically. Only because it violates rights is it legitimate to respond with force to make the victims whole. You think anything a business does that you think might be bad possibly in some nebulous way maybe should definitely be responded to with force. None of the examples that you would point to would fit the criteria of rights violations (Standard Oil, Vanderbilt, Microsoft, etc). Something like the East India Trading Company would, because it had an exclusive monopoly charter from the monarch.

>even literally absorbing competitors
you could argue this is a merger and not a cartel, but the effects are very similar and both suffer from the same weaknesses to competition

You're going to call them all cartels, okay, what next? I disagree, but if they're cartels, so what?
You can't just toss it all under the umbrella of cartels and pretend that's a refutation.
Saying "it's cartels" doesn't give any mechanism in the slightest that would stop the specific practices I listed.
The only purpose you have in generalizing those practices as "cartels" is that it allows you to make arbitrary assumptions about how they work.
It's like saying anything small and white is a golf ball and when you swing a club at a golf ball it doesn't shatter, so when you swing a club at an egg it obviously won't shatter because it's basically just a golf ball.

In order for your argument to work you have to generalize all anti-competitive business practices as variations of a cartel that behaves in a very specific way, because the nuance of how they actually work defeats your point.
That's the essence of a strawman, you're arguing with a construct of your own mind rather than the words and ideas I'm conveying because otherwise you'd be out of words to say.

Yet you haven't proven your point and are acting like I have the burden of proof. You've said "firms will collude to keep competitors out." That's a statement not backed by any theoretical argument or historical precident. I've provided reasoning as to why collusion merely sets the stage for profit-seeking competitors.

You can say, "well what if the supplier colludes and refuses to sell to the new guy." And I can say, "what if he doesn't? he stands to make a good amount of short run sales by selling to him secretly" or "and why do you assume said supplier is the only supplier? why can't the upstart go to a different supplier? does this evil umbrella corp own the entire world, now?"

Both of us are asserting things, but I'm able to at least rationally justify my position and have provided a lecture link, and I don't have to resort to fanciful hypotheticals.

That's why I pirate.

>You've said "firms will collude to keep competitors out."
That should say SUCCESSFULLY keep them out. Obviously firms have colluded. But it only hurt the colluders in the long run.

>That DMCV thread defending the no alt costumes and saying they'll gladly buy the DLC

Attached: 1547483438580.jpg (500x348, 43K)

what?

Attached: 1534028110910.png (800x480, 212K)

>hell yis, us bombing kids to shit with our MOABS sure made your place safer with all dem rightfully angry people and refugees! Where's our thanks!

Only a murrifat could say something so inane.

>who you are an unpaid advertiser fo
No you mong. I'm just an observer/interviewer. They recognize my intelligence and power but I never play the game. You're not a big boy influencer because you think online is IT. Whereas real influencers know you need a party/group of organized people to get shit done. Then, you slowly but meticulously grow in the ranks, licking the top and kicking below you.

I had an acquaintance who was the youth leader of the biggest liberal party of my country. I asked him why he'd keep hosting these stupid meeting with these lower intellect people. He told me this: ''They might become useful to me later''.

Now that, in one sentence is politics. You're just wasting air, typing futile words on keyboards. Most political geniuses barely use computers. They are just networking every day and reading books/material to increase their knowledge and power. The fact taht you're uttering these words to me and the fact that you are probably already over 18+ is proof taht you have missed the boat already. You will NEVER become a political powerhouse, because you didnt start your ambitions as a kid.

There is a difference between 'advertizing' and just seeing potential. Maybe one day you will understand this as well so you can get less angry and frustrated at the world around you.

My tip to you: Read some books by ex politicians, they are often wise men and they can offer you a glimpse into the facts and fiction of power. (there's a lot of fiction out there and a lot of morons/retards that think a small group is in control).

shame. all these big words strung together and still said nothing. faggot.

>social laws are combomburlusirsms
> jews want to import arabs to the west!
>combombulism loves arabs import! It's muh cultural marxicsmss
>the school of .. austria breh!

>you wanting government regulated spending and government regulated purchases is literally the definition of communism. If you're gonna try and talk shit, at least have a better education kid.

Ouch, the irony is so hard it nearly cuts me! The funniest bit is you will keep screeching!

Except that never happened user. Maybe it's time to take some time off the boards and meet some people, hm?

did he die?

This doesn't effect your analogy as you're talking about voting for a single representative once but it's worth pointing out that only being able to vote for one party is a bug and not a feature if your goal is being representative (and thus democracy). It means if you support values that are not all within one party then you must pick which has the most important and disregard the rest. This is why the "left" and "right" are how they are now. Voting 3rd party is effectively waste your vote under a system of winner-take-all (first-past-the-post) - worse than wasted as a vote for 3rd party is effectively a vote for the main party you dislike the most (in most constituencies). The better a 3rd party does the more it hurts it's own voters because the main party they prefer gets less votes. This is why it's either clowns to the left or jokers to the right. If I know your views on gun control I shouldn't be able to reasonably guess your views on a totally unrelated topics like same-sex marriage or abortion. People are joining political tribes instead of trying to adopt good ideas. This isn't just from only being able to vote for one as that a simplistic view of the voting system but it's something no one seems to care to talk about. It's great we can vote but it's still currently a con because you're forced to vote tactically for it to matter instead of simply for who you want. This is why people don't vote, not all because they're lazy but because it's currently dictatorship-lite.

Attached: asd.jpg (184x184, 9K)

This.

The problem is that our civilization has made life something to be solved rather than something loved and lived.

Unfortunately, the small majority of people who are trying to "vote with their wallets" are only people who care about the gaming industry, ala a small minority of people on reddit and Yea Forums. Casual gamers hold market dominance and without a huge movement they'll keep buying games and supporting these shitty business practices. Hell, most casual gamers use micro transactions.

I wonder if there's some way to change this.

you can't just vote with your wallet and then not do anything else. you need to give people good alternatives to the shitty games they buy without knowing any better and help them understand why they're being taken advantage of.

Outskilled

Attached: 1523920086869.jpg (300x300, 40K)

BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Attached: 1540517761806.jpg (644x787, 93K)

>The entire game is to continuously yell at retards till they do what you want.
This is true.
If shills find value in making a thread to promote their product, then there's value in defaming and slandering that product.
You can tell it works too because they get REAL fucking frustrated.
Even if you don't have a valid argument at all, just disagreeing and namecalling is enough so long as you keep doing it. The shills do it so it obviously works, at least on the gullible masses that keep buying this stuff.

I find it amusing that Jews think "psychologically healthy" means "doesn't fight for your rights or values".

Gotta be in it to win it.

Attached: shills.png (500x777, 108K)

Yeah man, the entire way these corporations get in power is just shilling and counter shilling

It’s fucked up, but to get anything done in this world you gotta scream at retards. Life is just one big tard wrangling contest.

Attached: 2F559242-90B3-4711-B585-D3854CF6DDDD.gif (540x304, 37K)

What upsets me the most is that people STILL respect women and trannies.
It NEVER leads to anything good.
How many times must the lab rat be shocked before it stops pulling the fucking lever?

Attached: angery.jpg (215x234, 4K)

Is there any website like IGG-Games but without the Vietnamese Spyware bullshit?

what anime is this again?

If the river refuses to follow you just build a dam, break it's will and force it on it's knees

Attached: 1546691350823.png (654x526, 225K)