Breath of the Wild

So outside of korok seeds and weapons that break after 5-10 swings is there any rewards for exploring?

Attached: 1529118159322.jpg (249x250, 12K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/sjQciNO-ODU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

yes

>I need games to spoonfeed me tasks
I bet you think achievements/trophies are a good thing

I don't see what's wrong with being given tasks to do in the game?

I'd rather be rewarded for the things I'm doing right rather than being told to do anything and having no sense of accomplishment or progression.

Doing important tasks and being rewarded with story progression, unique items, etc >>> wandering around doing fuckall in a soulless space going "ooooh look at that forest omg amazing graphics XDD!!!!!!" all fucking day for 500+ hours like someone with severe ADHD and autism.
>b-b-but there are already powerful weapons and it feels good getting them!!!111

This argument can easily be killed with Lynel farming.

Attached: Optimized-The-Legend-Of-Zelda-Breath-Of-The-Wild-780x438_rev1.jpg (780x438, 96K)

Listening to morons complaining about BotW is like listening to a child trying to convince me that The Godfather is a bad movie.

>it-its boring!
>there's no car chases, tits or 'splosions!
>the first 40 minutes are all about a wedding! Reeeeeee!

Attached: 1550017686286.webm (1440x810, 1.93M)

>heh look at all of these losers complaining about this game
>has no valid counterpoints to counter these arguments.

How long do you intend to waste your time? The Nintendo Defense Force is slacking.

Sounds like you never played the game and made up an analogy just to be a contrarian.

IT
IS
A
GAME
FOR
KIDS
STOP
TAKING
IT
SO
FUCKING
SERIOUSLY

Well, besides the rewards you already listed, there’s also the sense of discovery. And typically rupees and new ingridients for food. And stuff to upgrade your clothes.

>A single player, no online game's second anniversary is just right around the corner
>and Yea Forums STILL CAN'T JUST SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT IT
What has BoTW done to this board? Why can't Yea Forums just let it go? What the fuck is happening?!

>Sense of Discovery
I don't get this argument. I have 50 of these seeds now, and so far the only interesting thing i found by just going off the path was this sword in a rock over Kakariko Village that had a frog stone beside it. It was neat, but not mind blowing. I spent maybe too much time around it trying to see if it was a korok puzzle before hopping away. Even after that the weapon i got broke a few min later during an enemy camp raid.
After hours of this game, that is the biggest thing i found and I can't help but think that Mario Odyssey did it better with the out of reach coin piles.

next toon link game when?

Attached: 1527781070615.png (430x350, 9K)

How long to you intend to make empty complaints about one of the acclaimed games ever made?

Who are you trying to convince?

This is now YEAR THREE, when will you get over it?

>its a game for kids

LOL

Nintendo game, aimed at ''kids'':
>Treats the player with respect
>Tutorials are done through the player experiencing every system in perfect set pieces that convey mechanics better than text boxes
>complete freedom, player has to find things themselves, removing the use of constant arrow-following and making it feel like a world
>every action, like for instance cutting a tree, is done by the player

Sony games aimed at "Adults":
>Pillars of light in the sky to help players find their way
>Compass/minimap to let the player know exactly where to go, wouldn't want them to get lost ;)
>PRESS X TO ROW YOUR BOAT
>every action done by the player is a button press followed by a mini cutscene

Attached: 1549898166534m.jpg (1024x746, 98K)

Neat is basically what this whole thing entails. I really liked finding stuff like huge ribcages, old ruins, people to save, little ponds surrounded by mushrooms, etc.

Yep, weapon durability absolutely destroys the gameplay loop. Imagine how rewarding exploration would be if you actually got to keep the cool weapons you found and itemization became an actual component of the game

Niohs early beta also had weapon degredation and everyone hated it. The devs subsequently removed it and the game was better for it.

Attached: 1386179464770.png (424x353, 230K)

The joy of exploring IS the reward. Kill yourself.

>"Go collect X Y's for me"
>This is good because you can do it in a variety of ways
Absolute state of BotW drones

I don’t get why you wouldn’t just use the best weapon forever and just not bother with any other ones without weapon degradation. I just use weapons until they break. Then I find more cool new weapons. There’s a constant stream of new weapons.

There is no joy of exploring because after a short time you'll realize there's barely anything to discover other than shrines and koroks. There's like 10 cool things you can find and after that you can basically just sell your game. The exploration is shit, the open world is empty

I'll never get over it. Ever.

BOTW was a disappointing experiences and now I'm seeing people on the internet telling ME how this game should be played to get an ounce of enjoyment out of it despite the fact that this game has flaws.

I am happy to list all of the flaws and problems I had with this game if you are really asking though.

YEAR THREE

Still utterly fucking assblasted and traumatised.

lmao

Attached: 97.png (1080x1522, 957K)

You don’t need tangible rewards to discover stuff. There’s more to find than people act.

cope

The POINT of exploration is to find cool shit. That's been the point of it since humanity existed. Wandering around for the sake of wandering around is retarded. You are mentally ill.

>There’s more to find than people act.
Yeah, shrines, koroks and shitty fetch quests. There's lots of garbage to find

>after a short time you'll realize there's barely anything to discover other than shrines and koroks
fucking nonsense.

After spending the first few hours of the game on the Great Plateau (probably the best tutorial area in any game ever) here's what I did:

Found the 2nd tower
Climbed the Duelling Peaks and completed the shrines there.
Encountered my first fully functioning Guardian.
Found Kakario and Hateno Villages, each with their own unique culture, lore and side quests to spend hours in.
Caught and tamed a horse and found my first stable
Fought a Dragon on a mountaintop
Travelled to an Island which became an amazing survival challenge all on it's own.
Fighting 3 giant ogre brothers
Ran a gauntlet of enemy camps on the way to Zora City
Zora City itself
A pant-shitting stealth mission on a mountain top to collect arrows from a centaur monster
Using those arrows in a one-on-one battle with a giant mechanical beast in a lake while riding on the back of a merman
Conquering inside of the mechanical beast and subsequent boss battle

While all this is going on I'm constantly engaged with the world around me: weather and climate forces me to adapt to how I travel. The topography and verticality makes getting to destinations fun and engaging. I'm finding subterranean shrines with their own unique challenges and obstacle courses, I'm finding various types of korok puzzles, I'm stumbling into boss battles with huge Rock Monsters, Ogres, Centuars and Skeletal Giants, I'm finding myself ambushed on the road by assassins disguised as NPCs, I'm racing against time to catch falling stars before the sun rises, I'm battling enemy camps, saving local NPCs from danger, and fending off bears and wolves.

All of this happened to me in ONE FUCKING CORNER OF THE MAP.

This "no-content" meme is just desparate lies and seems to only exist in place of people having a genuine argument against the game.
>I'll never get over it. Ever.

This pleases me.

Attached: 1533657597650-1.png (840x506, 550K)

>COPE!
>says the user, who still can't get over a 2 year old game getting high review scores and a GoTY award

Just look at Skyrim. It did away with weapon breaking and people loved that game. You still found better weapons with enchantments on them, or pieces of armor.

>cope

LOL yeah, hang on til I cope with my 97-rated GOTY lmao

Attached: 1550736453676.gif (375x375, 179K)

@451820440
>Copypasta which has been debunked almost every time
Not even going to bother

Why is the framerate so shit in this game?

by the end game you are in a never ending state of finding those best weapons, so why does it matter?

Skyrim's design isn't even remotely comparable to BotW.

Understand that this is the Nincels first encounter with a Ubisoft game. So to them, climbing ubisoft towerds, running around the map and doing Ubisoft collectibles and repeating a laundry list of ubisoft goals is actually enjoyable and new.

Let them have it. Of course its an empty and lifeless open world, but its the only one they have ever had so it must be wonderous

Attached: 1358042544444.jpg (716x472, 52K)

Eh. I found almost all weapons I found in Skyrim to be essentially vendor trash, while I actually use every single weapon I find in BOTW.

Nah, its never been debunked ever. Because you can't.

Just say "it-it doesn't count".

I wonder how it got that rating.

Attached: 1540589370700.png (1630x1122, 733K)

user, you misunderstand.

Exploring IS the reward.

Attached: 1509157993641.png (322x346, 187K)

LOL

Pathetic. Stay mad because Nintendo schooled the entire industry. Yet again.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-09-23-09-07-33-1.png (1080x614, 82K)

>Made a carbon copy of a Ubisoft game and westernized its one good series to hell

Yes user, you utterly demolished the west. Well played sir.

Fucking SEETHING lmao

Attached: 1534272182136.jpg (165x191, 13K)

Yeah the game sucks, zoomers just haven't played the other Zelda's so they don't have a frame of reference.

I played other Zelda games. Windwaker and LttP are my favorite. BOTW was pretty fun.

BotW is one of the most 'Zelda' games ever made kiddo.

Attached: Duj30PhXgAAJN1E.jpg (659x680, 115K)

>Game without dungeons is the most zelda game

He probaly lives in Kansas or some shithole smoggy city and has never seen a forest, beach, or mountain in his life, so BotW makes him crap his pants. Wonder what a walking simulator would do, then.

Love this pasta

>Game without dungeons

?

Attached: 1536670738105.png (1000x563, 788K)

Why did you post a mini game?

Only real dungeon in the game is hyrule castle, and you can skip all of it by climbing up the fucking side of it!

>wind waker nigger trying to talk shit
lmao

Attached: 34ab0ea970bc5fcf097f5754a07148d19cb54035c4b477eddc4aab196096b089.webm (640x360, 2.52M)

The divine beasts are also dungeons.

Here's your dungeon bosses for botw

Attached: CGy54iB.png (1280x720, 1.6M)

Define "minigame"

I've heard people throw that word around a lot as if it's a bad thing and I want to know what it means.

>Found the 2nd tower
Oh look, finding things that are high in the fucking sky and easy to find are an accomplishment.
>Climbed the Duelling Peaks and completed the shrines there.
Why are you making these out to be massive milestone, game-breaking achievements?

>the rest of the list is basically a toddler nagging his mother of the pebble they found in the garden

Not to mention that these points are only valid for the first play-through. Once you spend more than 50 or so hours on this game, everything gets stale.

- No excitement in collecting new weapons anymore, if I wanted the most durable weapons, I'd just go off and kill Lynels.
- Shrines are repetitive, and the reward that you get out of completing one just isn't worth the effort.
- Have to actually remove the special abilities you gain from champions in order to make this game any more challenging.
- Random boss fights are pretty fucking easy if you don't fucking suck at this game.
- There are videos of people putting rocks on Stasis above NPC heads so they instantly die when they turn into Yiga. They're that bored.
- Stealth is redundant when, again, you know how every opponent attacks and know exactly how to perfect parry and bomb parry/bow spin.
- Eventide Island was basically the exact same thing you went through at the start of the game. No items and getting by with what you have.
- THE ONLY INCENTIVE TO DO THE KAKARIKO SIDE QUESTS WAS TO GET TO THE SHRINE.
>Fought a Dragon
Why are you lying? You don't fight the dragons in this game, you only shoot an arrow and get a scale. Why overexaggerate what's actually in the game to excite your experience? Unless you consider a Lizalfos a dragon, to which you're definitely retarded.

Dungeon in old Zelda
>I went into a dungeon
>I killed a bunch of enemies
>I did some puzzels
>I got a new item
>I fought a unique boss

Dungeons in Western Zelda
>I pushed a ball

I just got out of a shrine that was just motion control mini golf

Nintendo is so garbage that didnt implemented trophy/achievments yet,t herefore they are bad

Attached: 1549121536604.jpg (552x540, 37K)

Yikes. I'm honestly glad Aonuma is no longer directing Zelda games.

dungeons in BotW are more puzzle focused. I see nothing wrong with that.

FUCK the Gyro shrines. whoever thought they were a good idea should be fired.

By fight a dragon he meant “clean the gunk off one of them”

It's funny because he doesn't even fight back

The only thing that doesn’t apply in that description to the divine beasts is getting a new item and even that might not be true.

As for shrines, some shrines are clearly better than others but there are a fair few that have as good puzzles as the dungeons in other games.

>>Climbed the Duelling Peaks and completed the shrines there.
>Why are you making these out to be massive milestone, game-breaking achievements?

I'll tell you. I got to that mountain very early in the game. I didn't have to climb it - it wasn't what the game was asking me to do - I just wondered if I could.

So started slowly at the base, only having a small stamina wheel meant I had to carefully plan my route, always looking for ledges, always adapting to the landscape, the weather and the cold climate the higher I got.

Eventually about halfway up one of the mountains, I got stuck. No handy ledges for me, no way around without falling to my death.

Then I go an idea, I looked over at the 2nd mountain and could see a way up. So I launched myself into the void and sailed over, an absolute thrilling exhilaration to be paragliding this high up (1st time in the game). Once I made it to the other side, I managed to pick way higher still. And then jumped and sailed back across to the first mountain to complete my accent to the summit.

I did it. ME. I solved and conquered this mountain all my own. What a fucking feeling. So get fucked and don't try and tell me I didn't have the time of my fucking life playing this masterpiece.

>You don't fight the dragons in this game
I guess you didn't save the corrupted dragon on Lanyaru Mountain.

Attached: 1520234283153.jpg (480x495, 122K)

>I climbed a mountain
wow, impressive.
>I guess you didn't save the corrupted dragon on Lanyaru Mountain.
Not a fight you retard.

Some shrines actually have armor.

Also money and resources that you might need for upgrades.

Also, although you can't see it, keep in mind that there's an overall leveling of the weapons you find. The more you find the stronger the higher the chances they will be stronger.

awful

Why can't i lock onto this fucker?! it is RIGHT above me! It is almost in melee range and I can't lock onto it at all!

Attached: Guardian_Skywatcher_front.png (280x280, 142K)

Don't you ever get tired of having the same argument every day? For almost 2 years now. Can you believe that? Arguing about the same thing every day for 2 years?

You are supposed to fall and do the slow mo arrow shot.

No point arguing with these people. They’re either complete normalfags or are the kind of people who could not understand human interaction until cartoon ponies showed them how.

Does that do extra damage or something? My bow has like 20 damage to it, and it has a lot of HP

Yes, you 4 dungeons. A full priced zelda games with 4 dungeons. Thats. It. At least you have the ubisoft open world to keep you occupied I guess

Guardians have a weak spot in their eye. If you do the slow mo shot it's easier to shoot the eye.

It must be absolute mental anguish waking up every day in a world where BotW is considered one of the greatest video games ever made.

You simply don't understand game design and that's why you'll always be baffled and angry.

Attached: 1549582828427.jpg (750x743, 66K)

5 if you count the castle. And there are enough decent shrines that you could sum them up to a couple of dungeons.

Not an argument.

It's a typical 'make your own fun' open world game.

>this game is 3 years old already stop talking about it!

Fucking zoomers I swear.

You don't have an argument. Its been two years and you're still butthurt because Nintendo made a good game. That alone speaks volumes.

RDR2 has plenty of BOTW style quests as well in addition to all the story setpiece missions, but okay.

>Changing the topic and ignoring arguments
So this is the power of BotW drones.. There still isn't a way to fight Dragons in BotW. Why are you lying?

Do you think people are going to be talking about the RE2 Remake in three years? RDR2 in three years?
Hell GoW literally won GoTY and it's already forgotten. Why is that?

There is a whole fucking board for talking about games 20+ years old. 3 years is nothing.

Because it is a single player, story driven game? Like I’m the biggest nintendo fan ever but shitposting about BOTW doesn’t mean the game towers over the other games. It just tried something different for a Zelda game and is still controversial in some of its design decisions.

The best way to approach them is to destroy its propellers. It’s difficult to kill as long as it’s airborne.

no. its a empty open world. There is nothing exiting to find like in skyrim or any other open world game. Even ubisoft are more exiting. In skyrim you never knew what dungeon etc you find but in botw its always a stupidly easy shrine.

>implying there's anything exciting to find in Skyrim
wew lad

Attached: 1505946528337.png (700x913, 368K)

>There still isn't a way to fight Dragons in BotW.

Are you fucking dense? The game puts into a confrontation with a corrupted dragon - the mechanics of which are exactly the same as every Zelda boss. Its a fucking boss fight. Your desparate attempt at twisting the story of the confrontation does't change the actual gameplay requirements (hit the boss's 3 weak points for success).

Cry more. You really have nothing. And after two years I would have thought someone could manage something beyond meme responses by now.

People still talk about Chrono Trigger, Morrowind, Kotor, Final Fantasy and many others, Little Zoomy.

If BotW is one of the greatest modern games, then this whole hobby has gone to shit.

>you think people will be talking about REmake 2 and RDR2 in three years?
My god kid, you are so young you couldn't even understand my post.

The dragon doesn't even attack you, you fucking retard drone. You just hit the big glowing vital points to complete a quest with a shit reward.

FUCK! I just managed to beat it with an unlocked on shield parry (took a few tries and a few parries, broke a few shields too)
And then the fucking BLOOD MOON came up!
I am so MAD!...but I am having fun

Attached: 200_e973ff_5439588.jpg (497x732, 69K)

>Picking only three 3 of 13 reasons, failing at 2 of them

You didn't played it, you saw youtube videos to gather weak arguments

Why bother attack a game 2 years old? Do you feel you need to prove anything? You need to prove its a bad game? it is Not, maybe it is not the best game in the world for you, but a it is a very good game for many of us

Really curious why these threads exist

youtu.be/sjQciNO-ODU
Reminder that this is a boss fight to BotW drones.

Attached: When_your_opponent_TAKES_it.jpg (960x599, 134K)

It is a fucking 3years old game in the current fucking nintendo system, this is what he meant you fucking retard.
Fucking flavor of the month zoomers.

>weapons that break after 5-10 swings
This is complete bullshit and you know it. Even boko clubs last longer than that. Most of the common items in the late game last over 50 hits on average.

I want to lick her eyebrows

Skyrim is garbage lol.

to each their own
i put in over 400 hours into botw, its just fun to wander around and enjoy the surroundings. its a very relaxing game.

that said, i wish it felt a little more like a zelda game
i miss dungeons and items you get from dungeons

if botw had the overworld that it does, plus all the things i like about zelda, it would be my favorite game of all time.

Power ups like every other game in existence? BotW has maybe the most honest and straightforward objective ever. Exploring always makes you stronger through various means and that always advances you to the singular objective of beating Ganon.

cope he says as he's still buttmad at botw

But Zelda: Skyrim Edition is GOTY am I right?

The one difference that makes BotW so addicting to me is that it has this feature that lets you see where you've been on the map since the beginning of the game.

Why doesn't every open world game have this feature? This lets you avoid retracing steps and you can eventually experience the entire map for yourself without having to keep track.

Attached: 2019021821291900-F1C11A22FAEE3B82F21B330E1B786A39.jpg (1280x720, 376K)

>That doesn't count!
>You were having fake fun!!!

Because your playing the Wii U version? On Switch the only place I had problems was the Korok Village.

Yeah because it's much better than Skyrim

You have not played the game have you? The Boku club breaks after about 3 full combos. Maybe 2, but I have not used one in a few hours.

The word is addictive, not addicting.

BOTW has to be one of the best games ever made if anti-nintendo shills still go this hard after three fucking years XD

>explain why pasta is shit
>see the same pasta next day
>drones ask you to debunk it again

Sure thing.

There are some Zelda fans who genuinely are disappointed, but I feel they are often just as dismissive.

>CRITICS ONLY LIKED IT BECAUSE UM... REVIEWBOMB DRONES
>posts user scores
>Only 2 of the 6 are for BOTW
>One of them isn't even a Nintendo game
BOTW deniers are only getting more pathetic as time goes on.

Attached: bXX9A38xxRkoAZ9NwE7Vildl5UnBqG92lyb25_rTnxY.jpg (599x768, 104K)

>I fucking hate Skyrim OMG!1
>I fucking love BotW because is Skyrim but with Zelda!1

My god, you drones really are retarded.

>the game has to tell me how to have fun with rewards that are just textbox notifications
Basically autism

Nincels think any criticism of Lord Nintendo makes you a snoy, they base their entire identities as human beings by what they buy. It’s sad, really.

Crying about how much you dislike a game for three years straight is not criticism, kiddo.

>anti-nintendo shills

The state of nintendo fanboys, can't even defend their game with resortin to console war shit.

Attached: E007F520-461F-452C-94C9-CE791BAFB307.png (1853x1394, 892K)

lol cope, the game doesn't need defending from autistical nitpicking.

Attached: 1549570091438.png (1637x1302, 2.18M)

>stop criticizin my game!1
Your game is shit kid, people will say it till the end of time.

Godfather does have car chases, tits and explosions though?

Attached: confused sans.png (440x290, 42K)

It depends on whether you are hitting the enemy or their shields. It'll break faster if you're hitting their shields. But still, 2-3 full combos is over 5 swings anyway and boko clubs are the least durable weapons in the game next to twigs, so it's extremely disingenuous to imply that most of the weapons you're collecting break in 5-10 hits.

>You're having fake fun! DE Status: BUNKED!
>*claps dust from hands*
ebin

again, not criticism.

Hey bitch, how is this an argument?

Two different games

My God you are really retarded

>game doesn't need defending
>a thousand >97 posts in the same thread
Sure thing autist.

This. Just got my sonos and it’s amazing game to play while listening to podcasts. I have beat the main quest and the ballad of champions. It’s still fun as fuck just wandering around.

Attached: 1550605203942.jpg (841x1336, 358K)

Yes user, they're two different games, very good.

Why bother critize?

"I don't like it" isn't an argument sweetie :)

>Game bad
>Actually game not so bad
>Pikachu face
The discussion doesn't warrant an argument in the first place. Also your picture is less of a gotcha moment than you think.

Why brother doing anything user?

How the fuck are you getting 3 years?! The game is 2 years old. You start at 2017, and count up. Basic fucking math!

Attached: count-bats.png (1517x2048, 2.03M)

Rent free retard.

They’re factoring everyone saying it was going to fail months ahead of time

You shouldn't be just blindly defending companies user, they do not have your best interest in mind.
Criticizing is how you keep devs from rapin a good franchise too much. Be smart with how you spend your (parents) hard earned money.

>discussion doesn't warrant an argument in the first place
>only arguments we ever get in response to our criticisms is "oh just get over it already, why do you care so much after 2 years???"

Keep crying, you fucking faggots. This game sucks.

Attached: the things i do for 4chan.jpg (633x758, 160K)

>Game bad
>NO. GAME BAD.
>NO! GAME! BAD!
>NO!!! NOOOOO!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
This exchange really doesn't warrant effort of any kind. Sorry that I think your opinions don't have value.

>sweetie :)

Yikes.

Attached: 1550500408909.jpg (240x240, 6K)

The reward is all the friends you make along the way.

Attached: IMG_20190213_180324.jpg (484x1245, 164K)

I guess you never played the original? Nearly every Zelda game aside from breath of the wild has been a worse version of a link to the past. Breath of the wild seemed more like a reimagining of the original but in a 3d space. MM is the only exception as it is different. But I like breath of the wild more because I despise being rushed when exploring.

A friend bought a switch only for BOTW
After about 100 hours of gameplay he started to get bored, asked me what other good games are on switch

Not knowing what he might like, suggested Skyrim (similar games, he might like it)

He bought it! Played few hours, sold it, and then continued playing Zelda

true story

Attached: Gustavo nice dude.jpg (2219x2219, 319K)

Best game of all time

faggot

>actual snoyboy: game bad!
>nincel: *posts Zelda timer meme* “Not an argument! Snoy!”
>nintendo fan: “I didn’t like it too much, here are some criticisms”
>Nincel: “those are nitpicks, give me an actual argument”
>Guy who played Zelda since thd NES: “Here is my argument and I study Greek Debate philosophy in my spare time”
Nincel: “SNOY, you haven’t even played the game”
Why are nindrones like this? Is it autism? They ask for an actual argument that isn’t sonyfaggotry and when one is presented by an actual nintendo fan, the drone will call it nitpicking or say he’s not a real fan, as if he just asked for an argument just to autistically “debunk” it in order to boost their ego. I’ve met people like this and they are insufferable. Is this what a majority of Nintendo’s fanbase is? Or is this just Yea Forums being infected by the rot of deinstitutionalization?

Fpbp

What are you faggots still talking

>“Here is my argument and I study Greek Debate philosophy in my spare time”
Ah yes this frequently happens in threads user. Great example

>people actually think like this
Besides, wandering around for 500 hours would be the opposite of ADHD, dummy

Seconding this. Sounds like autism

they're not even complaining about being given tasks. They're complaining that there's no rewards besides the rare chance you'll get some armor and even then you're forced to wear certain sets in several big chunks of the game so you aren't even free to fashion either. Really the only reward you can pray for is that the shrine you find will actually have some good puzzles in them, which is about as rare as finding armor

Attached: tetra.jpg (523x351, 91K)

It’s OCD

Google it yourself faggot

It does just not immediately
These new age retards what everything immediately

Yea Forums is an example of why NEETs and autists should not be allowed internet access and should be institutionalized. There’s never any good dicussion here, not even fun shitposting anymore, just sperging and nintendo fanboys calling each other snoy when one isn’t enough of a fanboy, punctuated by actual snoyposting about Bloodborne.

>I have 50 of these seeds
Go fucking turn them in then.

Someone who actually doesn't know what ADHD is and just spun the argument around to act like they do.

Symptoms of ADHD:
failing to complete assigned tasks
trouble paying attention
being easily distracted.
restlessness

>wandering around for 500 hours

That's not what I said, you fucking retard. I said that people will get easily distracted by trivial shit like a rock hoping it's a korok or some barren forest in hopes to look for something worthwhile. It's official, the people on this board and this site in general are genuinely brain-dead retarded. No actual discussion can be made here.

>Believing anyone who liked BOTW is a nindrone

Why are anti-nindrones like this? Is it autism?
They see the scores the game gets and still blindly argument, made up arguments possibly from legit ones on youtube

I’ve met people like this and they are insufferable. Is this what a majority of Anti-Botw’s hatebase is? Or is this just Yea Forums being infected by the rot of deinstitutionalization?

Nigger the game throws awesome weapons at your constantly
By the mid game was I decided do I want 10 Lynel weapons or 8 Lynel weapons and 2 guardians weapons?
There is no lack of awesome shit anywhere

Here’s a 1st problem
You’re still alive why haven’t you offed yourself already?

I hope your not expecting a response from him, because you’re right
though he may feel compelled to answer now that this post exists

I ain’t reading your fucking novel nigga.

>implying that being anti-anything-drone is a bad thing
Wew lad, you just outed yourself as a corporate cuck. It doesn’t matter if it’s Nintendo, Sony, Steam, or Microsoft, blind adoration of a company and a complete dismissal of any critique by more sensible fans is just sad.

Cope

True
Don’t they realize we really look like this instead of steaming ears mad?

Attached: C48A50A4-4BDF-4A27-943B-904502E49866.png (737x345, 27K)

i have not figured out that part yet. I just started playing the game yesterday. The game is fucking huge man.

The magic of BotW is that the JOURNEY is the reward and that you have fun exploring

What's wrong with them?

Was this also in the original game? I don't remember this amount of hand holding going on.

Were you born in 2000?

Why is exploring fun?

The only people more annoying than Nintendo fanboys are anti-Nintendo fanboys
Even Sonic the hedgehog fags aren’t as annoying now that’s an achievement

The problem is that you are in the worst board of Yea Forums, even Yea Forums and /pol/ are better

Same kind of person that only goes outside to run errands.

>this is what Xbox fanboys have to resort to

Because the game allows you to traverse the world in several intresting ways and rewards you for putting effort into the world.
Finding the Lord of the Mountains isn’t a tangable reward, it’s just very gratifying to check out a light in the distance pop up and find a mythical beast

Not surprised. Even with overly fragile weapons the combat is still better than Skyrim. Really everything in BOTW is better than fucking Skyrim.

Are you being hypothetical or do you not find exploration fun?

Attached: 0BA6250A-C1B5-4FF6-8427-41ED351B561A.jpg (572x303, 123K)

So a game made you think for the first time in your life and that makes it a masterpiece? Jesus christ

>The magic of BotW is that the JOURNEY is the reward and that you have fun exploring
I don't disagree, but there were more than a handful of times of where I went to a place that looked suspicious and there was nothing there and I was disappointed. But there were definitely significant more instances where I was not though.

Attached: Nazi Kazuya ponders the Heihachi problem.png (640x360, 1.12M)

Yes, but to find them you have to go anywhere but the boring plains. It’s a fun game and I like it. But it has issues that seem to come from running out of time. Some parts feel Lost Izalith-tier. But the game does feel empty often, but it is punctuated by quite memorable areas. I dug the hell out of Typhlo ruins. I’m going through a second playthrough now. But the lack of enemy variety and good dungeons is I think what hurts most of all.
It’s no 10/10, but of course me saying that means I’m a Sony fanboy who doesn’t own a Switch based on this thread’s logic. Probably the same people who keep pre-ordering Pokemon games. I want to see an even better game in the future. I know Nintendo is capable. It’s when fanboys drown out all critique that you often see no improvement in sequels.

>implying that there are any Xbox fanboys left
Nobody owns an Xbone

>a thoughtful non-shitposting answer
thank you
For me, the fun in exploration comes in the anticipation of what you might discover. Without this, it's basically just walking. For me, BotW has a few things that make exploration worthwhile, like the hidden goddess statue in the desert or the golf mini game, but overall I find it hard to go back to because of how much not worthwhile stuff there is.

No, it was just disappointing. A waste of potential. I loved ALBW.

There's a difference between needing a sense of purpose and needing to be spoonfed tasks.

I once heard someone talk about how they spent hours seeing how far they could shield surf. I just don't get the appeal of that. Player generated goals after fine, but it doesn't have anything to do with why I enjoy Zelda. It's definitely a valid criticism that there's so little tangible reason to explore.

So outside of The village where you find Impa on one of the roads leading into the village you’ll find a tree man named Hetsu

You’ll ask you to bring him back his maracas
kill some Bokolins give it back to him

Afterward every handful of Korok seeds you give him he’ll give you a new Weapon, Shield or Bow slot
Keep in mind the count doubles everything you get an upgrade a specific slot

Ie: 1-2-4-8-16-32 etc

Also keep in mind he’ll leave that spot and go to lost woods after you reach a certain amount of upgrades I believe it’s 4

So it’s a walking simulator, got it. You basically admit what’s at the end of the tunnel, over the hill isn’t worth mentioning. And the final boss is representative of this most of all.

Did you really just ask that?

Attached: 0D8DF0ED-D517-42A4-85F9-CFBC78B3C11C.gif (720x405, 749K)

Autists lack theory of mind, so no.

Exploring isn't fun if you don't actually find anything.
>inb4 pasta about all the things you can find that are non-interactive set pieces that don't give you unique rewards

I find it funny that I have went into every building in that village, been on every mountain top around it, and still missed something this important.

Skyrim is shit, but let's give an example here: there's a spellbook you can find hidden in a bucket in a fort taken over by bandits, the bound bow. Now normally you'd have to be in good with the mage's college to get your hands on this, and be sufficiently skilled in conjuration for the specific guy to even sell it to you, but no, it's just lying there in a bucket. And you can make an entire character build around this one thing. That's a reward for exploration.

It’s replayability that’s what people are feeing empty from, even in the same playthrough. Once you’ve done all the big quests, saw all the amazing sights (and there are quite a few), the game feels more hollow because you spoiled yourself, and then you put the game down and play something else for a while. There’s no middle to BotW, it’s either intense boredom or “how did they think of this” greatness. Enemy variety would have helped a lot, bokoblins are boring to fight.

They were making fun for themselves because they had nothing else to play on the Switchz. Now other games are out.

Aren't shrines like 3/4 of the game that isnt part of the overworld?

That’s another thing: lack of build variety in this game. You only get one link, and the variety only comes from what armor you’re wearing and what weapons you have equipped. No fighter class, no thief, etc. It’s not enough of an RPG. That would improve replayability, I think.

Eh it happens
It took me over an hour to figure out Phatom Hourglass’s “Close the fucking DS”
I had to get help from my dad who figured it out
12 year old me wasn’t the brightest

>Exploring isn't fun if you don't actually find anything.

So you didn't find the 4 divine beasts and their associated quests? You didn't find all the towns and villages? You didn't find any of the shrines? You didn't find any of the Labyrinths? You didn't find the evil ninja hideout? You didn't find the island? You didn't the giant sand monster bosses? You didn't find the magical sword in the spooky forest?

Why does none of this count?

>he doubled down on the ADHD argument
Holy shit dude you can just admit you didn’t mean to say adhd.

he's a fuckwit, likely too busy jacking it to danganronpa

Skyrim gets a 40/40 in Famitsu, and all of a sudden huge Japanese franchises go open world. Zelda did it (Zelda 1 has a gated progression, so zoomzooms pls stfu), Final Fantasy did it. People are going to say Zelda is an action-adventure game, not an action-RPG, but in an open world replayability is greatly impacted by the depth of character customization. As you say, there's only one Link, one set of tools (greatly diminished from a typical Zelda game), and a scant few abilities you get from the champions. Everybody's Link is the same. Every playthrough, your Link is the same. If it's not a good traditional Zelda, what's it supposed to be? Because it isn't a good action-RPG either.

>Zelda games need skill trees & character sheets
jfc fuck off it's bad enough that BOTW is open world

Attached: pOOGzBD.jpg (624x480, 68K)

Skyrim can get all the video games journalism awards in the world and it would still be janky gamebryo bethshit

Attached: ZFofj4B.jpg (1920x1080, 545K)

You act like these are necessary features, when BOTW is more of a cross between an immersive sim and an action-adventure. The play variety comes from where people choose to explore and how they go about doing that, playing with the game’s systems with the tools their given

>So you didn't find the 4 divine beasts and their associated quests? You didn't find all the towns and villages? You didn't find any of the shrines? You didn't find any of the Labyrinths? You didn't find the evil ninja hideout? You didn't find the island? You didn't the giant sand monster bosses? You didn't find the magical sword in the spooky forest?
None of these are rewards for exploration. They're just sites on a map. Set pieces. What's actually in them? Most often: breakable weapons.

The weapon breaking system is retarded because you can never run out of good weapons to use anyway and it makes the Master Sword feel weak and flaccid like all the penises of the people who defend this system without even trying to think about how stupid and pointless it is.

>an immersive sim

Attached: 1475531031336.png (200x331, 49K)

It’s an open world game. It does that better than most, and the plateau was 11/10 GOAT. But there are better Zelda games because rhey hold up through the whole game and the tight experience is more replayable.
It’s the open world genre in general that is limiting, as too much time is spent on making a giant map in all of these games.

something on your mind?

>Everybody's Link is the same. Every playthrough, your Link is the same.

The fuck? This is the most customisable Link in any Zelda game.

Not only that, but everyone's actual adventure is different. People will experience things in completely different ways.

>when BOTW is more of a cross between an immersive sim
No it's not. There's nothing Deus Ex like in BotW.

People's experience will be different in that they see things in a different order, but Link expresses very little agency in BotW.

Not even him but you’re retarded

Attached: 2C146CA4-5E55-4681-89D7-AA4A88D3866F.png (500x500, 238K)

>immersive sim
>NPCs besides a few feel like they came out of an NES game
>Link can shove 400 thousand calories worth of food in his mouth through the pause menu just like Skyrim
>NPCs are invincible
And there’s a lot more gamey stuff in this game.

wow almost like any other zelda game ever but I like how you can ignore everything that BOTW did to improve this aspect in order to continue down your absurd narrative

If you ignoring climbing/gliding/taming horses/shield surfing/stasis flinging sure

yes it is. they're very similar. zelda is just designed by people who understand video games need gameplay that isn't left clicking

>None of these are rewards for exploration.

Like most BotW shitters, the mere concept of 'game design' goes over your head, leaving you completely baffled.

The game gives you one single objective: beat the bad guy in the castle. How you go about doing it is up to you. BotW gives the player a vast world to explore and create their own adventure in on their own terms.

Every single thing you do in the game is connected. Every single thing.

How do you beat the bad guy in the castle?
By making yourself stronger and freeing the four divine beasts.

How do you make yourself stronger?
By exploring the world, finding shrines to boost your health and gathering wrapons and armour.

How do you free the four divine beasts?
You'll have to explore the world to find them.

Finding towers and activating them will help to map the world, making exploring easier.

Finding and hunting food and materials which can be cooked into meals which offer various stat buffs, allowing you moren stamina or climate protection to explore further or strength or defense boosts to engage in combat.

Engaging in combat will net you weapons, materials and monster parts.

Monster parts can be use to upgrade various armour sets allowing climbing buffs or weather protection or strength or defensen or stealth boosts. All of which allow you to explore even further or fight even harder.

Finding koroks will increase your weapons cache - making you more empowered and able to take on stronger enemies and earn even more unique and rare monster parts.

Completing shrines can also boost your health or stamina if you want, allowing you fight harder or explore further. Finding a shrine will also create a handy warp point making exploration more convenient.

And so on. Its one big giant sandbox for you to play in as you build yourself towards the main game objective - which you can tackle at any time you feel ready.

The 'reward' is you creating your own adventure. Everything is on you. 97 GOTY.

Attached: 1550511158079m.jpg (1024x576, 69K)

Can you see yourself replaying BotW as much as an RPG with different character classes?

Immersive Sim:
>An immersive sim (simulation) is a video game genre that emphasizes player choice. Its core, defining trait is the use of simulated systems that respond to a variety of player actions which, combined with a comparatively broad array of player abilities, allow the game to support varied and creative solutions to problems, as well as emergent gameplay beyond what has been explicitly designed by the developer. Immersive sims by definition allow for multiple approaches

All that for a mediocre Ganon fight.

yep

Instead you constantly fiddle with inventory management. Glorious indeed.

No,

He's saying he doesn't want to play a sandbox physics "game."

So it’s a travel simulator. So why can’t I ride a dragon and fight Ganon in the air? Why can’t I swim underwater? Why can’t I dig? Why can’t I mate with best girl?

Yes, probably the biggest let down of the game honestly but Hyrule castle is fun as fuck

>Link expresses very little agency in BotW.

What the actual fuck am I reading? Do you even know what 'agency' means?

Yeah, BotW ain't that. Try playing real immersive sims like Ultima Underworld, Arx Fatalis, Prey, Deus Ex and so forth and you'll see that BotW is nothing alike them.

lol cope

My god that wall of text, do you seriously need a spce between every sentence? This really is reddit spacing. And yeah, goal is to defeat Ganon, but then you realise how shit of an encounter that is so it makes the entire game feel like a waste of time storywise. You really have to go in with a “it’s about the journey” mindset or else the game will end up pissing you off. Ganon was rushed.

well yeah it's an open world sandbox game so it is all about the journey

People are calling BotW an immersive sim, saying that the player has all this choice, but their choices are localized to things that don't matter. What happens to NPCs, and what happens to the world around them goes one way. It's scripted.

They’re zoomers, this is their first Zelda game, and they don’t want to play “old” games. So you won’t convincd them.

Reddit spacing is gay for short posts but it’s basically necessary for longer blocks of texts retard

Maybe it’s time for the open world meme to die. But normies eat it up so it’ll keep being the big thing with game design, surrounded by mediocre Dark Souls clones like the Surge

Yes. It just takes going into the game with a different challenge or approach to how you will accomplish things

or you could just not post walls of texts like some autistic faggot making a blog rant

>Maybe it’s time for the open world meme to die
no

You added spaces between single sentences. Nobody who is fluent in English does that, ESL-kun.

>puzzles, stat ups, treasure, equipment, and scenery aren't enough rewards for exploring

What do you honestly expect to find out there? The meaning of life?

Maybe you shouldn't cry about a game for three years just because other people like it

>discussion is BAD
Seriously, fuck you. From the bottom of my core I mean this when I say you’re killing this site if you think actual discussion is bad

Like only healing outside combat? I’m thinking of doing that.

Attached: 07B0A2B7-086A-4BC3-B81B-13C83CDD4C66.jpg (734x538, 66K)

I’m also wary of Master mode, I’ve heard it’s spongey enemies with health regen, which tied with weapon durability becomes tedious

I've played the game for about 25 hours now, did a ton of exploring and did two divine beasts.
Honestly, what kills it for me compared to any other Zelda game is the lack of interesting items. Sure, you have divine beast abilities, but those seem rather meh. Most of the other shit is unlocked during the plateau and it stays that way due to the open nature of the world. You don't really get new items, the old
>oh, I'll have to remember this shit for later
never really comes into play outside of a few shrines with higher level enemies. Boss fights seemed boring as fuck so far, too. Exploration feels Mass Effect 1 tier at some points since there's fuckall to do in an empty world, and towns and settlements are rare as fuck.
So unless there are some amazing sidequests coming up during mid-late game, I just don't see the appeal. And I've played through almost every Zelda game outside of 2 and Skyward Sword and liked each of them in their own way.

>between single sentences
We’re you under the impression that I was the guy who typed that long post or something?

That definition applies to BOTW whether you like it or not. One of the key features of immersive sims is the use of in-world systems and giving the players the tools to approach tasks in a variety of ways. If you don’t recognize that this is one of the key selling points of BOTW, you’re blinded by your hate

>doesn’t even know what a typo is

Warren Spector's whole ethos was giving the player meaningful choices. What does it matter how you climb a fucking mountain?

>thinking that basic open world/survival concepts are groundbreaking

Like most Far Cry shitters, the mere concept of 'game design' goes over your head, leaving you completely baffled.

The game gives you one single objective: beat the crazy bad guy. How you go about doing it is up to you. Far Cry gives the player a vast world to explore and create their own adventure in their own terms.

Every single thing you do in the game is connected. Every single thing.

How do you beat the crazy bad guy?
By making yourself stronger and progressing the main story.

How do you make yourself stronger?
You'll have to explore the world to find them.

Finding towers and activating them will help to map the world, making exploring easier.

Finding and hunting food and materials which can be crafted into upgrades which offer various stat buffs, allowing you moren health or inventory space to explore further or damage or defense boosts to engage in combat.

Engaging in combat will net you weapons, materials and money.

Money can be use to upgrade various abilities allowing health or inventory space or damage or defensen or stealth boosts. All of which allow you to explore even further or fight even harder.

Finding animal pelts will increase your inventory slots - making you more empowered and able to take on stronger enemies and earn even more unique and rare animal pelts.

Completing outposts can also boost your health or damage if you want, allowing you fight harder or explore further. Finding an outpost will also create a handy warp point making exploration more convenient.

And so on. Its one big giant sandbox for you to play in as you build yourself towards the main game objective - which you can tackle at any time you feel ready.

The 'reward' is you creating your own adventure. Everything is on you. 97 GOTY.

terrible opinion but okay

you're an idiot that doesnt even realize runes and weapons act as items

This.

Shrines aren't dungeons, they're the equivalent of the smallest tier of puzzle room in a dungeon except spread out across the world in bite sized pieces. Divine Beasts are more akin to dungeons but they're still essentially just big shrines, they're not proper dungeons with multiple keys to unlock locked rooms, puzzle rooms, enemies littered everywhere (The most enemy-dense DB is like eight enemies total in the Gerudo one and event he DLC one is lacking in enemies), a unique item that is given to you to solve puzzles in the dungeon which you can then take outside the world and use it freely to unlock items and paths you missed that are only available with that item, and obviously the boss at the end that gives you a piece of heart that is weak to said dungeon item.

The closest BotW comes to dungeons is the DLC one and Hyrule Castle, but the former is still mostly just puzzles rather than a mix of battles and puzzles and it doesn't give you a unique item until the end while the latter isn't a traditional dungeon in any sense.

The worst sin BotW commits is not locking you out of things if you don't have dungeon items. The best part of every Zelda game is getting a new item, seeing how it works on enemies, seeing how it affects you, seeing how it affects your environment, and then getting pieces of hearts, bottles, the collectible of the game, and having new paths opened up for having it. Ravioli is the only thing that even comes remotely close to that feeling and it's got such a ridiculous cooldown unless you're at endgame in the DLC. That's not to say the newer games weren't handling it like shit, they were, you'd only use an item in very specific situations and potentially only on one enemy, but that doesn't mean you can't improve upon it. I really hope BotW isn't the standard for new Zelda games in terms of world setup because a lot of the mystery comes from paths you can unlock with the new sub-items and items you can obtain with it.

Yawn, oh look a shitter.

Attached: Rival_Devs_In_Awe_of_BotW.png (1861x1080, 420K)

>you're an idiot that doesnt even realize runes and weapons act as items
>runes
Don't really get used outside of shrine puzzles
>weapons
There's what, 5 weapon types where it largely does not fucking matter which one you use. So what's the point?

I just miss the old feeling you'd get where you'd progress through the game and get more and more options to do cool shit and interact with the world in a different way. Here it's just
>here's your shit, now run around for 100 hours and have fun
which does get boring really soon.

Every Zelda thread it’s shitposting by snoys saying some forgettable game is better and then nintendo fanboys attacking other fans who have any criticism toward BotW. “Give me an argument” you give one, and no matter what you say, it’s always “not an argument”, they have to be right. No agree to disagree, no differences in opinion.

Some expansive sidequests that added to the lore/worldbuilding which give an excuse for gameplay outside of the established busywork (Shrines, Trash Mobs) would have been nice.
Shame that everything you see is littered with predictability.
>See that Colosseum?
>You can climb it, but there's nothing except a dozen blind enemies and two korok seeds
What the fuck was the point of having the concept and asset team create things if the design team was just going to copy-paste their work onto everything otherwise unique?
Breath of the Wild is forgettable as fuck because of this. You can play for 500 hours and "find something new" but I fucking guarantee it's going to end the same.

you haven't had any "aha" moments yet of discovering something neat?

I don't necessarily mean a hidden secret or even a shrine, but some eye catching thing that just pulled you towards it, and ended up being a 30 minute detour?

my first playthrough I found the Coliseum directly after leaving the plateau and spent over two hours trying to beat the Lynel there. It was a blast not because there was a unique item or reward or even any actual recognized achievement of doing so, but because I wanted to see if I could do it.

The enjoyment factor from this game is sort of like Dwarf Fortress, in my opinion. It exists entirely as is without any regard to the player. You, in the royal sense, are not the focus but instead treated as being an inhabitant of this empty world. The game doesn't say "oh no you're special, here's a quest marker" but rather openly presents information as you find it. What you do with this game is entirely up to you, and regardless of personal opinion it is the greatest step forward for the series since the original NES title

>Shrines aren't dungeons
Yes they are

How do they rate to dungeons in previous games?

No, they're bits of dungeons. If they were dungeons you'd have 120 unique sub-items to use around the world. You'd have enemies and boss fights in every single one. You'd have multiple rooms instead of just one room or one long room and the very rare "Do this puzzle then do it again but more convoluted for a treasure chest". What is your definition of a dungeon in a Zelda game because a shrine is a glorified single room of a dungeon that hands you a pseudo piece of heart.

I felt the same way. Mostly. I got to liking the disposable weapons, but it took a lot to break out of “this is too good to use” mentality. Fights are a lot of fun when you break your weapon on an enemy, then take his and break it on someone else and etc.

But exploring felt pretty meh. The game looks nice but a lot of times there was just...Nothing. Just taking the great plateau, I cleaned out the forest and made some cold resistance food to last me for awhile and went to explore the ice area. Outside of the shrines there was nothing up there that made it worth exploring. No rupees, respurces or weapons, even. Not even monsters. Climbed to the highest point, nothing. Checked the corners, nothing. Walked until I ran out of food, nope. Checked along the river and fought some slimes, that gave me something at least. Teleported out and finished the plateau up, never really felt bothered enough to check again even with the warm clothes because why bother? I’m sure I missed something, but it still kind of killed my motivation to play much further, since all the gathering and combat exists to further the exploration, but the exploration doesn’t seem to give much back. I got my memories back, saw another temperature I’d need equipent or food to manage in the desert and just decided not to bother.

Zelda games are all different bub. They generally have their own unique gameplay hook which the rest of the game is built around.

In Breath Of The Wild's case, the clue is i the fucking name. Dungeons are not the point of the game. Just like dungeons are not the point of Majora's Mask. You don't hear people raving about the dungeons in MM because the game's appeal lies elsewhere.

And for what its worth, BotW has some of the best puzzles in the entire Zelda series.

>he still thinks implementing cooking, consumables, looting and exploration in an open world, survival game is groundbreaking and has never been done before

Attached: risitas.jpg (480x360, 23K)

you'd also have rooms with just puzzles in them just like you also have shrines with specific fights in them lol.

Previous games were much more linear

>you haven't had any "aha" moments yet of discovering something neat?
Not really, but maybe I've been unlucky so far and I haven't run into anything special. Most of my time was just spent by mapping out shrines, getting to them and maybe discovering the odd korok along the way.
As for higher enemies like you've mentioned - eh, I've tried this, but it just felt like a chore because it's just that in a game where your strength is dictated solely by your numbers. Especially when your shit breaks pretty fast and your enemy has a gorillion HP compared to your damage output.

Something like Dorf Fort has the benefit of options. That, and being the love child of a pretty autistic dude. There's just a fuckton of things that can happen, and a ton of different scenarios that can go wrong. Which is fundamentally different from running through a mostly empty overworld, and discovering mostly repeating things. I just don't see the enjoyment in huge, empty worlds. I've seen this shit in other games, scaling rocks for hours only to find something you've already seen elsewhere is meh at best.

>best puzzles
Oracle of Ages was better

I understand that but the problem is here BotW could shape the rest of the entire series due to its reception which is what I'm worried about. We could potentially have sub items thrown out the window instead of improved upon, people's acceptance of shrines means no more proper dungeons, just make caves everywhere that have one puzzle or a big fight in them, no more blocked off paths due to not having an item because you can just climb over it so everything has to level with you to accommodate for that freedom, etc.

I'm completely fine if they keep BotW's formula as a side game, one they make every other game, but if it replaces the Zelda formula it's going to really suck because BotW gets old after a while simply thanks to its formula. Eventually you realize you just find something like the Hinox to get your weapons, take on a Lynel, and you're set for the rest of the game. Plus bombs trivialize any encounter under 50 HP even on Master Mode. I'm just not looking forward to the next games because for all we know they're going to be of equal size or even bigger while barely fixing the basic issues they introduced.

I own the collector's edition of BOTW. I'm a huge Nintendo fan. I didn't like BOTW. It's a perfectly fine open world game, yes, but I didn't buy it to play an open world game. I want a semi-linear game with dungeons and puzzles; I want a Zelda game. There are plenty of open world games for me to choose from if I wanted to play one, but I don't. I don't really like open world games. Meanwhile, good semi-linear-dungeons-with-puzzles games are few and far between, so the fact Zelda moved away from it and got praise suggests they might not go back, meaning this genre will get even more rare.

To use a food analogy, as I know everyone here is fat, imagine you go out to a burger joint you've gone to multiple times and order their new burger. They serve you a steak. It's juicy and delicious and well made. Were you in the mood for a steak, it would be perfect, but you weren't, you wanted a burger. Then when you complain, hey my burger is a steak, everyone comes out of the woodwork with "But that's the best steak in the world?!" I have no problem with BOTW as an open world game. I have a problem with it not being a Zelda game in anything other than name.

>you'd also have rooms with just puzzles in them just like you also have shrines with specific fights in them lol.
The difference here is that there would be roughly 20+ of those rooms for a dungeon which would also have enemies in close to every single one and then there would be even more traversal rooms with enemies or sub-item puzzles. Shrines are nothing like dungeons, they're individual dungeon rooms at the very best.

DF is definitely a game that doesn't bear comparison well, but my point was that BoTW is the closest a single player open world game has come to being as far away from a game as possible.

Yes the tutorial area and the ghost king scene exist to point you towards Ganon in an eventual sense, but after that it's entirely hands off.

Just like no one tells you how to make your first fort, your first run through this game is an experience you can't find an equivalent to anywhere else. No HUD, no guides, just exploring this "mostly empty" world that genuinely succeeds in pulling you into it for hours at a time.

it is enjoyment depicted not as challenges to overcome or black and white yes/no outcome paths, bur rather in the same way a ball is fun to a kid. It doesn't have a sign on it that says "Throw/Bounce/Catch/Roll me", but the kid just does those things through trial and error.

>whats ao special about Super Mario World?
>i can jump on platforms and bounce on enemy's heads in Bubsy The Bobcat!
>i can ride dragons in Golden Axe!
>i can fly in R-Type!

Hey why don't you stack up every open world game ever made just to compete with BotW and they still won't be half as fun to play.

good metaphor and point user

>And for what its worth, BotW has some of the best puzzles in the entire Zelda series.
It really doesn't.
Between the severe design limitations by making the majority of Shrines physics-based, the solutions are always obvious, whether they've been repeated or not, and boy do they repeat.
I love how Half Life 2 garners criticism for repetition in puzzles design, but BotW is immune and now are somehow the bestest puzzles. Even for the series, shit is weak. It never got better than the Constellation puzzles, which is about the only one that makes you think.
If you continue to compare each new iteration within the limits of the series, your franchise will never get better, like it hasn't in over twenty years. Ocarina of Time was revolutionary for a variety of reasons, and you'd have to be an idiot to not take inspiration and learn from it as a designer. So here are (You) and Nintendo's retarded ass, ignoring fucking everything else that's occured in the genre/industry, and just pumping out a game that looks like it was filtered through Twitter's popular tags to appeal to the flavor-of-the-month. All wrapped in a severely underwritten backstory, possibly the worst action combat currently on the market (even Ubisoft is managing more intricate mechanics at this point), and absolutely zero creative spark.
Keep comparing it to twenty years worth of trash, though. Hey I mean at least it's not Phantom Hourglass, right? They must be doing something right!

Nintendo took criticisms that the series was getting stale pretty hard. BotW was attempt to show they could make a great Zelda game without the tired tropes of the series.

Things like the hookshot and massive themed dungeons will come back.

>Shrines are nothing like dungeons
wrong

Just Cause 2 is funner.
Some of the dialogue is chuckle-worthy.
What's yer point? That you inexplicably haven't played any video games outside of Legend of Babby's first adventure serial?

Explain and it better be a good one. They're not DUNGEONS they're DUNGEON ROOMS. This is like saying the Cave of Ordeals is 50 dungeons.

I take that back, Aonuma took inspiration from Skyrim in regards to the designing of the Domains, and boy fucking howdy did he make Todd Howard look like Micelangelo.

>Babby's first adventure

This is how to spot a shitter. BotW treats players with far more respect and intelligence and is ultimately way more sophisticated in its design than most of its peers.

Its a shame you can't handle it.

>substitute long-standing series tropes for generic tropes that exist in every open world game being released weekly
oh my
sounds like they couldn't make their formula better, so they just shifted gears to give the illusion of moving forwards, when in fact they went sideways.

Sorry guys, BOTW will always be 2017 GOTY and none of your crying will change that :)

lol cope

He might be right about Just Cause 2 though. I hear it was pretty good.

I’ve never played Master Mode, is it as bad/tedious as people say it is? I’ve heard it’s just a standard “spongier enemy hit harder” thing.

>No actual discussion can be made here.
it took you this fucking long to realize this?

Attached: Left arm of the forbidden one.png (151x193, 60K)

>BotW treats players with far more respect and intelligence and is ultimately way more sophisticated in its design than most of its peers.
the fucking mind of a botw "shitter", do you think nintendo created the concepts of an open world game? or that having no pointers in the map makes it so much more intelligent? botw just follows the trends of every other aaa open world game, but because muh zelda name it has to be some game design masterpiece

Who is this semen demon?

>The Legend of Zelda
>Walk into a cave, or don't, who cares
>Get your ass beat by enemies out to rape your shit
>GO FIND SOME OLD COOT BY A GRAVE
>where the fucks the grave?
>

>Breath of the Wild
>Exposition cutscene establishing the same fucking plot that's been on cycle since the beginning of time
>HEEEEYYYY-YOOO, MY NAME IS OLD MAN EXPOSITION, let me teach you everything you'll ever need to know and give you every tool in the game
>YOU CAN'T JUMP OFF FROM THAT HEIGHT, YOU'll DIE, please continue with the tutorial
>Congratulations on finishing everything the game has to offer, here's a handcarpet that will remove any sense of scale or threat the verticality introduces, reducing all heights to an unfun, poorly implemented Raimi spiderman simulator without web slinging that only serve to make you incidentally bypass what little design the game world otherwise has
>Before you go, meet me on top of the TEMPLE OF TIME, YOU REMEMBER IT RIGHT? THIS IS HYRULE, THAT'S THE TEMPLE OF TIME. NO I DON'T KNOW HOW IT GOT ALL THE WAY OUT HERE STOP ASKING QUESTIONS.
>Exposition dump #4 from a force ghost
>BEFORE I GO LET ME GIVE YOU TWO QUEST MARKERS AND ZOOM YOUR CAMERA IN PRECISELY WHERE YOU SHOULD GO FOR THE NEXT EXPOSITION DUMP
Fuck outta here you retarded nigger, your game is a nonthreatening safespace that respects you as much as putting Hard Mode, which is just an arbitrary numerical increase to trash mobs that otherwise will never fuck with you, behind a paywall.
You're so fucking delusional it's a miracle of God you haven't walked into traffic.

Nintendo fanboys don’t play other consoles, so when Nintendo jumps on a bandwagon five years late/rediscovers something good the AAA abandoned out of greed/makes an improvement on something, they claim Nintendo invented it.

>is it as bad/tedious as people say it is?
It takes roughly 20 hours to actually start due to the enemy tier system. The major problem is that you have to deal with blue and black tier enemies right from the Grand Plateau with shitty sticks and 99% of the the first 20 hours is you abusing bombs, gravity (Which does not kill black tier enemies), and running away from most encounters with the 1% being very very rarely killing enemies with a weapon. Unless you know spawn points for high tier weapons by heart you're going to be using Soldier weapons on black tier enemies (If you can even get the Soldier weapons since it takes an eternity to kill enemies with bombs and they recover faster from being knocked down so they pick up their shit if you to knock it out of their hand). Most people tend to just beeline towards Majora's Mask it's that awful at the start.

Once you get past the 20 hour hump you'll finally have enemies spawning with Knight equips so chests will also start giving you them, equips will start gaining durability and attack upgrades so it's finally worth finding them, you at least have some equips to tank the damage because you get one-shot constantly, and you'll most likely be able to take on a Lynel due to the abundance of decent weapons now.

The worst part of Master Mode is really the enemies themselves. You will never bother fighting groups at all, it's suicide even when you have a fully decked out outfit because 3+ gold spawns along with 2+ silver spawns is commonplace. You'll spend the VAST majority of your time abusing sneakstrike's damage buff and save scumming to make literally everything count.

It's a complete pain in the ass but it becomes more or less like normal mode you just fight enemies that aren't minibosses or Lynels next to never.

See and cry more.

That sounds boring as fuck, I think I’ll stick with not healing during combat and limiting upgrades, unless that’s still too easy.

>Ubisoft, EA, Rockstar, etc. have been making open world games for a decade or even longer
>genre is stagnating
>Nintendo shows up
>having no background in AAA 3D open world development, they decide on a whim "Here, let me try that"
>right off the bat, Nintendo make the best open world game ever made on their very first attempt using a fucking toaster.

This will never not be hilarious.

Attached: 1538802026609.jpg (640x640, 126K)

I think that BOTW has a few big flaws, and it's still the best open world game I've ever played

Attached: 1480207701629.jpg (807x802, 74K)

It is the best open world game I’ve ever played, but as a Zelda game it’s held back by the genre itself.

You don’t need a game to be open world to be nonlinear

Didn’t Monolith Soft come in and help, who have been making damn good open world games themselves?

>Shill Free Climbing like its the second coming of Christ
>Can't even climb into the Divine Beasts

Attached: 39C44DAA-5A34-42E4-B861-BB82F1572FCB.jpg (640x633, 41K)

BuT iT’s MaGiC mEtAl YoU cAn’T cLiMb It

The fights themselves were fine (if way too easy), but I wish they would've given them more unique designs

They did the topography, ironically.
Imagine if they had got to create the universe for BotW?
Instead look, remember Hyrule?
Remember in Xenoblade when the sense of scale was unimaginable because of the design work? What if we ruin that by making every height climbable in a couple of minutes.
>See Death Mountain?
>It's practically a mole hill, just circumvent it in a fiver, there's nothing on the north end anyway unless you like a tiny floating setpiece snake

>try to parachute on top of the divine beast
>game is like LMAO NO
like... not even a loading zone?
even far cry 3 lets you parachute inside of quest areas to begin the quest

Attached: 1489785300442.gif (280x302, 3.75M)

Unfortunately yes
The low point of an otherwise pretty kino final dungeon

>Rewards

Are you a skinner box experiment?

This is one of my least favorite things about the game tbdesu
>Everything is optional - do what you want
>Uhhh but don't forget to talk to these NPCs to get inside the giant robot!
What's the point of having them stomping around in the overworld if it doesn't affect anything?

>verticality
far cry 4

>durability, stamina, exploration
literally any open world game in existence

>b-but it doesnt point you anywhere
morrowind, a +15 year old game

>you can go anywhere from the start
again, every aaa open world game. the difference is that some regions may have actual challenges if you go early in the game, unlike botw where everything has the same difficulty once you exit the tutorial area

>everything has the same difficulty once you exit the tutorial area
this is my biggest gripe with the entire game
The first 2 hours of learning the combat is a trial by fire
and then the game just becomes "press button to win" except with linels

I was gonna say, I had a stockpile of elemental arrows by the time I started doing the DBs and the Blights are just pushovers. Even the nothin' personnel one.
on a semi-related subject; why wasn't the Blood Moon a constant world state that was partially lifted as you went through the game, sealing the Blights?
Blood Moon is super atmospheric and would have been terrifying coming from the resurrection shrine into fucking that. Enemies could have been super rabid and constantly on your dick like Dying Light, but as you progress they become less aggressive, maybe eventually revealing that most of them are just sentient beasts that keep to themselves (like they already do because fucking MMO trash mobs) except for the ones that have undoubtedly pledged loyalty to Ganon.
Might've ben cool, u know, to have some consistent and convincing lore to unravel during 150 hours of busywork, mayb.

5-10 is also the number of meaningful enemies in the entire game

Attached: ENEMY VARIETY LOL.jpg (3170x1236, 860K)

hey windwaker fag
heres your 'exploration':

>Northern Fairy Island
>Western Fairy Island
>Eastern Fairy Island
>Southern Fairy Island
>Thorned Fairy Island
>Cyclops Reef
>Two-Eye Reef
>Three-Eye Reef
>Four-Eye Reef
>Five-Eye Reef
>Six-Eye Reef
>Eastern Triangle Island
>Southern Triangle Island
>Northern Triangle Island
>Star Belt Archipelago
>Five-Star Isles
>Seven-Star Isles
All of those islands are totally barren and/or copypasted

And then we have:
>Star Island
>Overlook Island
>Mother and Child Isles
>Spectacle Island
>Pawprint Island
>Flight Control Platform
>Rock Spire Isle
>Needle Rock Isle
>Islet of Steel
>Stone Watcher Island
>Bomb Island
>Bird's Peak Rock
>Diamond Steppe Island
>Shark Island
>Cliff Plateau Isles
>Horseshoe Island
>Angular Isles
>Boating Course
All of those islands have less content than a single puzzle shrine in breath of the wild (of which there are 87)

even the lynels my dude, once you learn the attacks of the two different varieties it's easy as fuck. just make sure you bring a big dmg weapon so you dont spend 10 minutes going through it's health pool

17 fucking enemies
holy moley I knew it was low but not that low

Attached: nervous raiden.gif (440x247, 994K)

>le-let me stack up every open world game ever made to compete with BotW!

LOL get this,BotW is more fun

As you beat divine beasts, the colors of the enemies change and their gear improves.

They barely even seem to affect anything in the story either
>This here's Vah Neighboris. He's causing sandstorms so (You), the Hero, can't explore the outer rim of the desert
>This here's Vah Dododongo, and we can't get to our rock caviar because he's collapsing the mines
>This here's Deh Medoh. He's hittin' us with beanbags goddammit, fuckin' do something.
>And this here is La Cirque du Soleil, and he's preppin' to flood Hyrule for some reason even though Ganon seems more like a scorched earth kinda motherfucker, literally and figuratively

Attached: AD81508A-48E2-40A2-9D52-FCA52CEBD23A.jpg (385x377, 64K)

the scary thing is that majora's mask was a copypasta job from OOT that reused all its assets, created in just 2 years, and it had MORE new unique enemy/bosses than botw.

the #1 fuck-up of nintendo in botw was that they didn't devote the SMALL amount of development resources necessary to create a variety of minor enemies. They focused everything on making sure bokoblins had idle animations and ate their own boogers, but then the only minor / environmental enemies are;
>keese
>pebblit
>octorok
>chuchu

just look at every other zelda game, there's dick tons of enemies that look like the developers shat them out in a single sitting. How long does it take to model and implement something like a Like-Like or Leever or Skulltula?
instead we got:
>desert area: filled with lizalfos/bokoblins/moblins
>forest area: lizalfos/bokoblins/moblins
>mountain area: lizalfos/bokoblins/moblins
>snowy plains area: lizalfos/bokoblins/moblins
>jungle area: lizalfos/bokoblins/moblins
>beach area: lizalfos/bokoblins/moblins
>etc etc

What enemies?

>stack every open world game ever
ah yes far cry 4 is every open world game ever

>LOL get this,BotW is more fun
muh subjective opinion makes botw objectively better

Attached: nicky.gif (177x150, 1.74M)

fugging dual screen, was literally turned off

The ones that have different colors. So, Lynel, all the oblins and the Lizalfos or whatever. Oh and the big cyclops guys. As for when they upgrade, I guess I was wrong about that. But you don’t fight the same ones for the entire game, at least stat and gear wise. I’m not arguing that we couldn’t have used more variety though. Just saying there was a difference between the first enemies you see and the ones you see later.

>game with weapon durability
>no like like
holy fuck I never even realised how fitting the like like would be to BOTW
they dropped the ball hard

Attached: 1470629979446.jpg (228x218, 5K)

>each with their own unique culture
Yeah stopped right there. It's obvious you're a fanboy. I'm glad you enjoyed the game. Did you know there are people out there that eat their own shit and enjoy the taste?

And that's great because it's a comfy exploration game and not what you said.

TP's enemy variety was fucking great. The gameplay may have been shallow, but it did a great job of making every area feel authentically snowy, desert-y, forest-y, etc

Attached: 1506966489119.jpg (480x360, 16K)

___fun___

>Don't really get used outside of shrine puzzles
Bombs and stasis help a lot, especially with big crowds of enemies, magnesis is more situational in combat but if you have metal boxes you can still make great use of it.

>weapons that break after 5-10 swings
Not even fighting lynels do weapons break after 5-10 swings faggot, did you even play the game? not to say that you literally drown in weapons the whole game

Attached: 1517923341812.png (565x541, 157K)

fire area has fire wurms, fire slugs, tektites, flamethrower toad things, etc
ice dungeon has wolves made of ice, soldiers made of ice, ice crystals, etc
spooky dungeon has zombies and spirits
underwater dungeon has fish and shell-bugs and shiit
freaking twilight area with twilight shit

meanwhile every area of hyrule in botw has the exact same enemy variety and the only changes at all are a few minor reskins like fire keese / ice pebblitts, and there's only 2-3 elemental varieties of each anyway
and the dungeons ONLY have guardians

The game, you zoomer fuck. In Mario Bros. you're fine with the coins and the 1-ups, and you're fine the stars even though you know they're temporary.

And I'm shocked that the game can have so many critical flaws, and yet brainlets are still getting stuck on the most entry level basic retard hurdle with the item durability. Yea the game has a fucking ammo system and survival elements, those are just the basic rules of it. Maybe it's not done perfectly, but it's certainly not supposed to be World of Warcraft like you stupid shits want. Duh.

Attached: 26135-smb3.gif (256x240, 3K)

Am I the only one who hates these little shits?
>Be exploring and enjoying the comfy atmosphere
>Suddenly "AWWWOOOOOO"
>The shitty combat music starts up and ruins the atmosphere
>Wolves just circle you forever and only attack if you stop moving
I wouldn't mind them so much if they didn't spawn fucking everywhere

Attached: 1506966489097.png (280x280, 120K)

maybe if the ambient creatures other than grizzlies had
>any threat potential whatsoever
>any reward for killing them
>any real combat

wolves doesn't seem to have any purpose other than to screw up your music. They're totally non-threatening, deal no damage, aren't aggressive enough to ever land an attack unless you afk, and you can kill them accidentally but can't lock onto them, and give useless meat

man, what happened to the fanbase after ALttP and OoT?

>not headshooting them with the bow when they go awoo
>not running at one of them with a spear and ohko it the instant they go awoo or circle
>not bullying them with stasis
>done
you deserve to get bullied by them if the only thing you do is raise your shield and wait

WW ruined everything.

>Using anything but bombs.
>Wasting durability let alone arrows
Disgusting.

>not just running them over with a horse

>Using horses at all when you have to climb everything and go off-road every five seconds.

People love WW tho, it's some folks favorite Zelda.

>the only actual decent dungeon is Hyrule Castle,
>completing the shitty Divine Beasts makes Ganon a complete joke to deal with

Attached: 1550100536705.png (421x393, 267K)

sry but I paid 2 w-

...make my horse useful

Attached: zelda-botw-ancient-horse-armor-saddle-bridle-locations.jpg (800x556, 158K)

and yet

Attached: hyrule in botw vs ww.png (1920x2192, 2.7M)

you can do that? :0

Its now 2019 and there are still seething faggots utterly traumatised by BotW and still trying to convince nobody but themselves that it isn't one of the best games of all time.

Holy fuck this board will never recover.

Attached: 1549387929224.gif (250x355, 1.34M)

and yet what? I don't think you can say a game love and cherished by many "ruined" a series.

Why is it whenever a game comes out that's good, but in a genre people don't like, the people who don't like that genre are told "your opinion is wrong" and not "you're free to have that opinion"? BOTW is not one of the best games of all time, it is one of the best open world games of all time (maybe; I'm not a good judge, as I dislike the open world genre). For the people that wanted a more traditional Zelda game, BOTW is one of the worst entries in the series. Their complaints are valid, because as it stands it looks like it's going to be a while before we get a new Zelda in the style of the older games.

>NEW GAME BAD

lol okay

>So you didn't find the 4 divine beasts and their associated quests?
The divine beasts are not rewards for exploration because the location of all 4 gets marked on your map during the main questline.

>Thread is still up
BotW drones really can't take criticism

lol cope

BEGONE

Attached: sudden death falcon kick.webm (1280x720, 2.92M)

>The divine beasts are not rewards for exploration because the location of all 4 gets marked on your map during the main questline.

First of all; no they don't get marked on your map. They only get marked on your map if you find Impa - which you do not have to do. You can fuck off in any direction you feel like and do whatever you want. So many players find the beasts by themselves.

And even if you do find Impa and get the locations marked on your map (which you can just turn off if you feel like it) YOU still have to go and find the fucking things. YOU still have to make your way through the world, climbing mountains and snaking your way through valleys and forests to get there.

If you don't think that find the associated quests, storylines, confrontation with the beast and eventual 'dungeon' inside - and then gaining the champion ability (essential this game's version of magic spells) to be a reward for exploration then I don't know what to tell you. Go play something else but you're going to need a better arguement than "muh opinion".

>BotW drones really can't take criticism

He says this in YEAR THREE of crying about the game. lmao get over it. Nintendo will make many more great games for you to get upset about.

>no they don't get marked on your map. They only get marked on your map
wow

Attached: Alice_satisfied.jpg (500x378, 55K)

This. Please. I'll take a remake of PH/ST while we're waiting (especially if they go back and fix some minor thing), but I really fucking want another Toon Link game.

Attached: 1549839400917.jpg (616x478, 55K)

Oh look a shitter.

Genuinely bugged me too. And I liked BOTW.

at this point every game after OoT is one of the "worst entries in the series".

nobody accused minish cap of being the worst in the series
everyone just said 'meh' about it when it came out, and still do

3D games are more heavily targeted than 2D ones for whatever reason. Maybe because they always play it relatively safe.

Minish was more cute than fun I felt.

not that it wasn't fun, just that it felt like the appeal was more tied into the look and vibe of the Gameworld

I think that diagram hides BOTW's strengths in that the Bokoblins, Lizalfos,etc. can wield any single kind of weapon. The a single enemy type in in BOTW has more variety in what they can do than the variants of the same enemies in other games.

> The a single enemy type in in BOTW has more variety in what they can do than the variants of the same enemies in other games.

what are the enemy AI varieties for different weapons in botw? For say a bokoblin its just;
>melee (unarmed, 1h, 2h, spear, etc- same AI, just different attack animation)
>melee + shield
>ranged
>mounted with ranged weapon (boko only, not moblin/lizalfos)

well i hate to break it to you but even snes zelda had that

Attached: types.png (931x345, 28K)

>well i hate to break it to you but even snes zelda had that

and by even you mean almost exclusively.

what do you mean
skyward sword had melee, ranged, cursed, electro, etc bokoblins, moblin varieties
TP had bow/melee/shield/mounted/etc bokos/bulbins