It's a hip hop episode

>it's a hip hop episode

Attached: 1633731273117.jpg (900x900, 142.36K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Nu_y5orktv0
youtube.com/watch?v=8QFH0h4tzjI
youtube.com/watch?v=a7vhmjUIxWI
youtube.com/watch?v=NEM-AtfXMqY
youtube.com/watch?v=815kbvmNWNM
youtube.com/watch?v=acGqQn9rk0U
youtube.com/watch?v=3GB9CGFaUmU
youtu.be/yEo87oaQXZY
japanesepod101.com/japanese-onomatopoeia/
youtube.com/watch?v=Dx_fKPBPYUI
youtube.com/watch?v=Ui8g8HF4TvY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

rhyming is cool

What the hell is happening? We can't let them do this.

Is rap really that popular in Japan? I thought Japanese can't rhyme.

is it true that japanese people bring immigrants from poor african countries and dress them up like cool hip hop black man from american media just to stand in front of their stores and try to bring in customers?

The Yakuza aren't really Japanese.

Hip hop is cool when they aren't singing about the society or police cruelty agains minorities.

Everything is popular in Japan. Do you think Japan is a closed island that doesn't consume foreign culture?

It should be

This, they even have a Chicano subculture.

What do you guys think of Japanese rap and hiphop? They rarely if ever talk about politics or gangbanging or crime in their songs which most of the western acts I listen to do.
It's like they're still stuck in the 90s era of vibes and camaraderie. Even people like moe and ghosts has her subject matter be more abstract.

What's worse is when the writer clearly isn't a rapper, and what's really really worse is seeing lyrics translated into English by other people who also aren't rappers.

Yea Forums should be. I'm tired of you /pol/tarded schizo fucks shitting up the board.

^
What a faggot

I like it, it's just pure fun and not diluted with trash politics and virtue signalling.

youtube.com/watch?v=Nu_y5orktv0

Attached: maxresdefault (A).jpg (1280x720, 204.77K)

His Kaguya is sweatty, sees him with a different chick already, moar spagghetti.

nig nog epeesode?

There are some Japanese rappers I enjoy listening to, but it's more of a hit or miss. Thematically it's usually about women, money, or drugs, so it's not that different from American rap, but the delivery is not as obnoxious.

You will never be a woman

Needs to be some sort of test or filter that will filter out pol tards and their latinx army like a captcha of some sort specially tailored to them

Samefag
>latinx
You can't be real

Well there is no mention of crime cause well nobody wants to get locked up whatsoever. If someone was repping they are a real hard g, but if they can't back it up they look like a fucking busta. There is probably songs about other shit you don't like, but you probably haven't heard them. I like some of the 90s stuff and I got a mediocre el nino cd this year. Sadly, there is few rappers that can touch viper the rapper in world let alone Japan .

100x better than idolshit.

I like KOHH

youtube.com/watch?v=8QFH0h4tzjI

It's funny, because hip hop formed originally as a culture from the poor class. That's why rich people rapping makes it automatically bad. Same for nips, aren't they one of the most NPC-people in the world, rapping that inherently involves politics or some kind of contrarian opinion makes it even funnier. That's why they can only resort to this lukewarm "humor" rap, which is the most cancerous thing to exist in the genre. Either do it right or not at all.

And hip hop has ALWAYS been about the message and politics. It's only when the suitmen came that the entire thing became very stagnated and sterile.

Something that would cause people like Jose hizucoatl here to seethe and stop posting for several hours

Attached: 5h0zdxevlem81.jpg (2246x1836, 421.35K)

>this lukewarm "humor" rap, which is the most cancerous thing to exist in the genre.
"Emo rap" has been a subgenre for a while now

Not a rap fan, the image I got from it was that its mostly about doing drugs and banging hoes.

Why are you so racist towards hispanic people?

Revisionists will probably claim that they were forced to do that by the industry or something

You go on and project and call all the Japanese npcs. Then go on to argue the main point of hip hop is politics. Don't you have the reasoning to see why that is wrong? If not, why are you on this board?

That's the image almost everyone has now, because that's what it is now. The roots have burned a long time ago.

Okay so the way I see it there's two type of Japanese rap: the more "indie pop" melodic style, like DAOKO, ReoL and Suiyobi no Campanella.
And something closer to 90s USA rap like Rhymester and BUDDHA BRAND.

I was skeptical about it but I checked this song out and damn it rocks, actual NAS-tier rap.
youtube.com/watch?v=a7vhmjUIxWI
I have a surface level understanding of Japanese via manga and anime so I can sorta follow the general meaning, with looking at the song text lyrics, of course.

youtube.com/watch?v=NEM-AtfXMqY
it's all there too

chi chi chi chimochi
youtube.com/watch?v=815kbvmNWNM

That Kaguya one felt like it went one for fucking ever.

>Everything is popular in Japan.
Except for immigration.

I like it as listening to hip hop in foreign languages makes you zone into the musical aspect instead of the lyrics. Because the rap in English is basically a glorified nursery rhyme for low information voters, having the lyrics not a factor makes you really feel the vibe and beat. Here, an example from anime:

youtube.com/watch?v=acGqQn9rk0U

How much closer is it to rap than it is to denpa? Because the lyrics are uinintelligible.

youtube.com/watch?v=3GB9CGFaUmU

Japanese rap is trash and that's why I like it youtu.be/yEo87oaQXZY

That's why you always gotta google the lyrics 歌詞 whenever you listen to a Japanese song on Youtube, some Youtube channels include subtitles but for the older stuff like Tokyo Jihen and Makoto Kawamoto (not really rap but that's what pops up in my Youtube recommendations) you gotta search it out on Google, compare the text to what is being sung, look up the harder words on "jisho.org" (a really useful site dictionary site for deciphering Japanese text in sentence format).
You get a very VAGUE exposure to spoken Japanese at least, having an anime watcher background really helps with "hearing separate words", reading manga raws and doujinshis helps you recognize the more common kanji words.

Yeah, yeah I know it's a bad method of learning Japanese, in actual Japanese you gotta keep in mind to always add "desu" to nouns and adjectives and change the verb into a "-masu" form at the end of sentences if you don't wanna sound rude to real people (or should I say, riajuu no hitobito)

the DJT thread is two blocks down

They are appropriating black culture

What kind of 90s hip hop are you listening nigga, lmao. The 90s were just as political and "venerating" of gang violence. What did you think Coolio was calling out?

I hate this nu-con bs, you guys are all the same, complain about todays politics in todays music because sincere feeling or not, it makes you uncomfortable but the music of the past is something to venerated even though at the time it was just as provocative and political vs then sensibilities

90s japanese rap

It's literally 90% unintelligible lyrics

>CHICCHICCHI CHIMOCHIMOCHIMO CHIMOSHII kimochi URESHII tte maji
>CHICCHICCHI CHIMOCHIMOCHIMO CHIMOSHII tte maji TANOSHII kimochi
>Ame futte chi katamaru... kedo "kouun na baai" tte jouken ga nai?
>Hare motto ii koto ga aru! Sore kyou un no hani tte joukyou the nice

>CHICCHICCHI CHIMOSHII moshimo PINCHI ga kite CHIMOSHII ga ite
>CHICCHICCHI mochiron da maji mattero tte makasete Say! CHIMOSHII
>Yotsuba no KUROOBAA toreba sore wa happa? Yes, Happy
>CHIMOSHII tanomoshii rashii ato yasashii tte hanashi! MERUSHII

>Acchi kocchi TACHIMACHI kawaru unki yohou wa
>Fumu fumu de MOFU MOFU...
>NICCHI mo SACCHI mo ikanai darake!

>CHICCHICCHIMOCHIMO MICHINO CHIMOSHII
>CHICCHICCHIMOCHIMO KIMI NO KIMOCHII
>Mami mume mimo ame nochi harete
>Nanka chotto FANSHII

>CHICCHICCHI CHIMOCHIMOCHIMO CHIMOSHII kimochi URESHII tte maji
>CHICCHICCHI CHIMOCHIMOCHIMO CHIMOSHII tte maji TANOSHII kimochi
>Ame dakara TSUITE nai tte sore kuugen? ANRAKKII na zannen mind
>Hareta kara fui ni mita niji guuzen no RAKKII tte mon ja nai?

>CHICCHICCHI CHIMOSHII moshimo PINCHI ga kite CHIMOSHII ga ite
>CHICCHICCHI MOCHIBEESHON age miteru tte mimamotteru dake!
>Minna donna mondai nanda sonna mon Tough ni OK
>CHIMOSHII wa kouhei dashi DEMOKURASHII na kanji CHIMOSHII

>Acchi kocchi mainichi areru unki yohou wa
>Maji maji to fumou fumou...
>Dounika kou ni kashite agemasho!

>CHICCHICCHIMOCHIMO TSUMI NA KIMOCHII
>Mami mume mimo minna no LOVE KYACCHI
>Datte AIDORU da SHII

>Pyopyopyo~n URUTORA JANPU
>Kuroi mo kumo kumo tobikoe
>ROBO usagi dakedo hito hada nui ja imasho
>Tsuite oide yo!

>CHICCHICCHIMOCHIMO KIMI NO KIMOCHII
>Mami mume mimo ame nochi harete
>Nanka chotto FANSHII

>CHICCHICCHIMOCHIMO TSUMI NA KIMOCHII
>Mami mume mimo minna no love kyacchi
>Datte boku wa CHIMOSHII

70% of the song are words with actual meaning, I see a couple of grammar structures in there as well, also check out this
japanesepod101.com/japanese-onomatopoeia/
I don't think this is rap, at least not stylistically
Something more along otaku pop music

actually the 90s were probably the least political years in hip-hop because gangsta shit took over and the actual political rappers like chuck d and ice cube stopped making (good) music. It only really came back in the 00s due to the influence of lupa fiasco and kanye which has carried over to the 10s.

Is this rap?

youtube.com/watch?v=Dx_fKPBPYUI

>I don't think this is rap, at least not stylistically
Yeah that's why I thought of it as denpa and not rap. It's just a bunch of Japanese onomatopoeia put together to sound cute and makes the listener get addicted to the song itself without having actual meaning to it.

I like the jazzy stuff
youtube.com/watch?v=Ui8g8HF4TvY

>FAT
>nuts

>They rarely if ever talk about politics or gangbanging or crime in their songs which most of the western acts I listen to do.
user Japan is probably the only country on earth that dabbles in nationalist rap.

This is more "anime soundtrack" style, I think this would fit as a MHA opening, like UverWorld
Nice vocals btw

>nationalist rap
wtf is that even supposed to mean

Sora wo miagereba
Hoshitachi ga hora matataiteru
Kono hoshi no hitotachi mitai ni
Samazama na hikari wo hanatte
Sono naka de boku mo
Hitokiwa kagayaite itain da
Me wo tojite kokoro ni chikau
Nagareboshi ni yume wo takushite

Attached: 520ec4ae602e744ba7da9010a15d459d.png (839x457, 96.73K)

Right-wing nationalism as relayed hip hop. It's exactly what it says on the tin.

>only country on earth that dabbles in nationalist rap.

Finland has them too

that is way funnier to me

do they use shamisen/koto music as beat samples?