ONE PIECE

Does one piece warrant its massive chapter count?
How do you think will it end?

Attached: straw hat ship.jpg (1920x1080, 763.06K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/blondemarimo/status/1522789086599454723
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Does one piece warrant its massive chapter count?
No
>How do you think will it end?
Poorly

No

One piece would be some "thing" that grants its possesser complete control over the seas. There would be a three way war between the three Great powers and straw hat pirates will be in the middle of it all.

Shit'll happen. Luffy would then proceed to destroy the one piece in order to stop bloodshed. He'll end up sacrificing himself because the will of D is to discover the one piece only for the world to fall into chaos after its discovery.

During this vicious war, the people will finally witness how corrupt the world government and will wholeheartedly support the straw hat pirates.

Good gois win bad gois lose. Jobbers will job.

No.
With a whimper.

/thread

fight spics denied

Some arcs do, but maybe not one piece as a whole, sometimes oda just keeps masturbating in one place for way too long and to justify it 5 years later he’ll go
>ha got you, now you member that one panel from a billion pages ago
>how do you think it will end?
Is either going to be the greatest ending of all time, the epitome of the genre or a meh ending with lots of open ends that let toei make One piece GT while Oda fucks off

So is One Piece a battle shonen, an adventure shonen or a war shonen?

>Top 5 Sexiest:
1. Yamato
2. Yamato
3. Yamato
4. Yamato
5. Yamato
>Top 5 Cutest:
1. Yamato
2. Yamato
3. Yamato
4. Yamato
5. Yamato
>Top 5 Prettiest:
1. Yamato
2. Yamato
3. Yamato
4. Yamato
5. Yamato
>Top 5 Funniest:
1. Yamato
2. Yamato
3. Yamato
4. Yamato
5. Yamato
>Top 5 Personalities:
1. Yamato
2. Yamato
3. Yamato
4. Yamato
5. Yamato

Attached: Yama175.jpg (988x1581, 718.21K)

mariejoa represents oppression and elitism
fishman island represents segregation and discrimination
the grand line and red line represents the separation of the seas
all will be destroyed
just like he destroyed namis room at arlong park because it represented her captivity
just like how luffy destroyed the navy’s flag because it represented the enemy which pursued robin all of her life

Dude you spelled Kawamatsu(My Husband) wrong

Attached: KawamatsuHi.png (820x945, 832.87K)

Attached: 30E066D7-4B0F-4532-AA1C-C97182BC66A0.jpg (750x1112, 106.15K)

Battle shonen. It's not an adventure story, almost every storyline is a lead up to the battle with some side-battles along the way; if it was an adventure shonen, there'd be more Gaimon like events; a strange island to explore, unexpcted problems to sovle in clever manner; they'd the main focus instead of the backgroind. It's not really a war story either. What we're seeing is a battle shonen war that's mainly about one-on-ones leading to the MC taking on big bad.

I just can't stand it anymore
I want this to be over

Why luffy having his basic paramecia all the time was a bad idea? why changing it to be a god among men? why is it wrong to be the king of pirates with a humble (and awakened) paramecia? fuck zoan and fuck nika

It used to be an adventure story.

When I say "FINAL" you say "NAKAMA"
FINAL

Attached: 16089308720.jpg (600x741, 58.79K)

FLASH

Attached: Final-Flash-Vegeta.png (1280x720, 688.61K)

SCABBARD

ok, now pay cash

Attached: Happiness punch.png (615x465, 226.74K)

I can't wait for Gear 5 vs Kaido to get animated and Luffy has a SICK fucking super saiyan aura bros it's gonna be litty fr fr

This was the exact moment I gave up all hope for Wano, Oda wasn't even able to kill off a single minor mentor character even after ending the previous chapter with that character specifically saying he had no regrets

Attached: 1651898574760.png (937x723, 436.91K)

I mean its length is part of the appeal. It deserves to be long because being long makes it better

Yes and no. Yes in the sense it's a big story that necessitated a large chapter count. No in the sense that you could literally remove 200+ post-TS chapters and change nothing about the story whatsoever. The post-TS bloat has gotten out of control.
Short of expectations, simply because the expectations built up are too big to ever be met. It'll be fine though.

Attached: 1645353316136.webm (1920x1080, 2.98M)

Expecting death in One Piece was your own fault.

I checked out during Odens flashback when Kinemon and Denjiro started arguing about who loved Oden more
the Tobbi Toppo were fun though

It's an adventure shonen AND a battle shonen
You people realize that genres overlap all the time, right? Most stories aren't just one genre and that applies to One Piece as well.
One Piece is an adventure manga because the entire story is about traveling to fun locations, meeting people, seeing crazy shit, etc.
It's also a battle manga because characters fight a lot

When can we expect an official color scheme for Gear 5?

Fuck you Toei

>Let's go to Sky island, sounds like a fun adventure
>Well I'm here now so I've got to kick somebodies ass

>almost every storyline is a lead up to the battle with some side-battles along the way
You can say this about most action-based media in general

>No in the sense that you could literally remove 200+ post-TS chapters and change nothing about the story whatsoever. The post-TS bloat has gotten out of control.
More like 20-40 chapters desu

Attached: cucked.png (454x646, 318.59K)

>the entire story is about traveling to fun locations, meeting people, seeing crazy shit, etc.
Hasn't been about that for at least 3 years now.

It's a story about a journey around the world, so of course it's going to be long. But Oda likes to cram so much unnecessary fluff into his arcs that it becomes obscene.
A journey to space.

We've had multiple people die in this arc alone.
>Yasuie
>Oden
>Toki
There was no reason for Hygoro to live when he was perfectly comfortable with his ending. It really cheapened the moment and also made the prior chapter completely unnecessary.

July maybe

As much as you people like to shit on Wano it absolutely fits what I'm talking about. It's an over-the-top goofy parody of feudal Japan

Attached: wano country.png (928x622, 500.5K)

>he thinks Yasuie is actually dead
Also flashback deaths don't count because of course they had to die otherwise they'd have to affect the current plot.

Attached: waiting for luffy.png (1024x1366, 717.36K)

You could make PH 5 chapters max. You could cut away half the chapters of Run Piece from the WCI. You could easily remove or lessen some of the tournament shit from Dressrosa, and all the individual fights could be slimmed down dramatically, Dressrosa alone had no fucking right being over 100 chapters long. There has been so much bloat that it's remarkable how diluted it's become.

Kin'emon had a worse fate
>revived for a fart joke

Literally just an excuse for Oda to rip off multiple samurai movie backdrops, has Ringo being a winter island actually meant anything? No, it was just a reason to have Zoro fight in a snowy landscape.

Yasuie is dead. So your point fails on that standard by itself.

Heh, give it a year, if Pound isn't dead you can bet your ass Yasuie survived too.

Pound was "killed" offscreen in the typical Oda falseflag fashion. Yasuie was shot dead in front of the entirety of Wano, and his corpse was literally buried. They have a gravestone for the guy. He's dead.

why the FUCK did he do it?

Attached: A FUCKING SUN GOD.png (733x1024, 689.96K)

I think we can already count Kanjuro and Orochi. I know we're talking about Oda, but there's no way they'll survive.

Remember who carried his body back to Kuri, Oda has something planned for that.

sellout author

twitter.com/blondemarimo/status/1522789086599454723

Small snippet from the Mayumi Tanaka interview was translated. No new information in this segment really, just reflecting on how she started voicing Luffy

Would you take a

Attached: 30248491002.jpg (1536x2048, 456.62K)

More like 500 chapters, you mean?
You can literally remove complete plot arcs that do not contribute anything of value to the story or the characters (which are almost 100% static anyway). Several arcs are simply repeats of a prior arc with some superficial changes. It's like Star Wars reinventing the Death Star over and over again, but somehow even worse.

>Alabasta had a million nameless soldiers and only about 30 named characters
Why did Oda Rush Alabasta?

Attached: 8 (1).jpg (780x1200, 227.43K)

For all intents and purposes, Yasu is dead.

>Remember who carried his body back to Kuri
You mean Franky, Nami and Kanjuro?
Yeah, I'm fairly confident two SHs weren't oblivious to his dead body. He's dead. Any claim to the contrary is retarded headcanon built on a braindead assumption that Kanjuro's drawing ability would conjure up a fake Yasuie so Orochi could do ??????????? with the real one (both of whom have been removed from all fighting on Onigashima to this point).

Attached: dead and buried.png (658x975, 567.59K)

?
This whole arc has been filled with goofy and over the top shit. We’ve had fun settings in act 1 and 2. In act 3 while the setting HAS been a bit generic it makes up for that by filling it with as many fun designs as possible

>as many fun designs as possible
Yeah I totally fucking adore goofy samurai fodder numbers 4069 through 4074

Unironically, what is the narrative point of Luffy's fruit being a mythical sun god fruit instead of the rubber fruit? Oda could have had Luffy doing all this without changing the name

No?
Tell me an arc you could remove and I’ll tell you why you’re being stupid

>Kanjuro and Orochi
>there's no way they'll survive

Attached: the ride never ends.gif (500x500, 204.85K)

Fishman Island

I’m talking about the smile users. They all have such over the top designs

I remember people using that expressionless Carrot panel to prove she was the traitor lol

>the one Roger is waiting for isn't you, Teach
>you may be a smart schemer who plans everything meticulously
>but you didn't eat the only devil fruit in the world that qualifies you to fulfill the 800 year old prophecy
I hate shonen

Attached: whitebeard.jpg (744x385, 156.27K)

>Development for Jimbei + a little bit for Nami
>Shows how far the crew has come over the TS
>Lore shit
>Explores theme of racism that was hinted at earlier in far greater and more nuanced detail

All of them. One Piece would be better off not existing.

>Development for Jimbei + a little bit for Nami
Kek. No.

All unnecessary, especially that last one.

Teach’s endgame goal is literally contrary to Roger and Luffy’s. That fact alone disqualified him from being a candidate.

She's great, I love her. The voice acting is the only thing that has been solid throughout the entire One Piece anime and she is the pinnacle.

It did
Maybe you don’t like Jimbei for whatever reason but it fleshed him out more

you're better off not existing

Wasn't that the same arc where Sanji told Jinbe to filet himself for no good reason?

>BB takes what WB said literally
>Decides he needed the Nika
>Steals Luffy’s DF and his destiny
>Still loses
I unironically think this will happen