Why is becoming a wagie considered a happy ending in Japan?

Why is becoming a wagie considered a happy ending in Japan?

Attached: 6-Neon-Genesis-Evangelion.jpg (2000x1000, 129.06K)

Have you ever tried getting a job?

>missing the entire point of this character
Jesus Christ

What is the better alternative?

You could interpret it in multiple ways, but Anno and the writers didn't really put any thought in it so why should we? Every idiot has an enabler, someone who didn't push him forward.

been working for the last 5 years, when does the magic happen

when you retire in 50 years, but you'll be to old to enjoy anything.

i will never work

Attached: rakka.png (935x883, 1.63M)

The director found happiness in his shit life and thinks that can be true to every wagie. It's stockholm syndrome propaganda, japs just don't know any better

I'll never get this part of the nip mentality. Poor guy, he didn't want to be a military pilot, he just wanted to be average. Because taking no risks is so great, when you're already a coward with second thoughts.

Attached: four pathetic.jpg (984x720, 76.3K)

>t. never worked a day in their lives

It's a step up from being a mecha pilot, I don't think they'd ever even pay Shinji for risking life and limb for that bunch of emotionally stunted dicks and witches.

Why does he still wear that choker?

Yeah, losing 9 hours a day plus commute to push papers or, god save me, deal with sales and the public is the way to happiness and meaning

They're masochists, completely broken bootlickers. And Anno's trying to peddle this on the masses even though he makes millions off of fucking cartoons

I've been at both sides of the equation and frankly I was unhappier when I was a leeching parasite with no purpose or self pride.

Being a wagecuck fucking sucks but having no job and as such no money is too much pressure for me. It's not like I consoom a lot but worrying about money all the time is no fun.

Too bad I'm in engineering so there are no female coworkers.

Attached: office girls.jpg (1568x2200, 1.84M)

> unhappier
Yes, less worse is better than worse, the point is that bad is still bad.
In the end it becomes a discussion of why jobs are shit and then you need to choose between marxism and freedom on the discussion.

You were told that "You're special" when you were a kid, right? Now you're feeling bitter that all of it were pack of lies, huh?

Sorry, Haibanes still have to work.

Thriving on your daily labour is. You wouldn't know though since you're a retarded manchild.
This.

>In the end it becomes a discussion of why jobs are shit and then you need to choose between marxism and freedom on the discussion.
Fuck off back to /r/antiwork, you leech.

I like my job as I'm a self employed artisan, but you're deluded if you think I like dealing with customers, paying taxes (and see most of my hard earned money go poof in return of a shitty pension when I'll be 70, maybe) and always having to think about whether I'll have enough money next month, I like my work in itself but I don't like anything else about it.
Sure beats being a NEET or a soulless white collar slave but actual work is hardly a way to happiness unless you're one of those extremely lucky folks to land in an incredibly good position, in a field you truly enjoy and with no worries about the future.

Attached: 1650395009841.gif (400x300, 22.14K)

Get in the cubicle Shinji

Attached: sq759.jpg (2243x1598, 233.58K)

>shinji isn't a chef
DROPPED

Attached: richman2.jpg (484x349, 52.07K)

Yea Forums is full of literal /pol/tards now, so of course they'll always suck the dick.

>tfw they didn't like the powerpoint you've worked on all day

Attached: f03a59dafe11f54a4e95ecd38bed7d50.jpg (1062x1062, 98.12K)

with your reading comprehension it's no surprise you enjoy your cubicle

This is NEET country, fuck off you retarded normalfags.

Gotta man up sonny, and the only way to be a man is to be a slave to another man!

It's his way of remembering Misato, same as when she wears the cross pendant.

It's in the fact that you don't even notice how relatively not shit your life is. Imagine spending years looking for work instead.

>Yea Forums is full of literal /pol/tards now, so of course they'll always suck the dick.
>not being a worthless neet makes you a /pol/tard

Attached: 1486145081227.png (93x121, 8.69K)

Asians are a soulless race. Anime and manga is just their way of coping with their bleak existance

>and the only way to be a man is to be a slave to another man!
>said the literal slave to the government
I bet you don't even cook your own meals.

And now that he has one he still feels like shit so what is the point of looking?

>Too bad I'm in engineering so there are no female coworkers.
Too bad? It's a plus. You shouldn't be looking for 3dpd at work anyway

You shouldn't even be looking for 3dpd to begin with

How am i a slave? I get money for doing nothing lol if anything I'm the king

He doesn't know/remember how shit not having a job is

Pampered richkids and shitcoin lottery winners need not apply, nothing you say is actionable advice.

fucking retard

I have a slave to do that

I hate americans so much it's unreal.

Disparaging NEETs is against the spirit of Yea Forums and otaku culture and should result in a ban

Your taxes goes to my belly that's the system you decide to engage in lol

I guess he wasn't truly free until she came along and freed him

This.
Having a shitty job sucks, but not having job at all sucks even more.

They'll bend over backwards to defend the most miserable soulsucking jobs. If we're talking about jobs that are actually fulfilling, then I would be more sympathetic.
These people aren't human, and they applaud as their cage continues to shrink.

finding something that actually makes you happy to do, instead of working a job that you hate

>I'm the king
Your whole existence depends on the government and/or your parents. Without either, you are nothing. But go on, tells us you're the king of your own castle, even though you don't actually own it.

Nah, I'd rather be a neet making disability money than a dishwasher.

I'm the king of my own castle (even though I don't actually own it)

what was shinji's job
he looks like a university student or something

Attached: Ewra5FrWEAA6YQ-.jpg (606x454, 57.48K)

As a tactic to present an average animated movie as an extrodinary one this is fucking brilliant. Anyone who disagrees, you can just accuse them of being unemployed or of not making enough money. They're literally subhuman if they don't like your movie. It's fucking art is what it is.

Attached: disgusting.jpg (937x534, 95.07K)

What a fucking loser mentality. I've been working since I was 20, with a one month break once while I job hunted when I was 24. Getting a job is not a destination and isn't some "happy ending", its just a facilitator so that you have the money to be able to do the stuff that IS what completes you.

>missing the point that real people aren't as pathetic as Hideaki Anno

>I'd rather be a neet making disability money than a dishwasher
Have you told mommy and daddy that?

Nothing angers more a slave than a free man haha

>Shinji's no way fag face
Based shinji telling kawafujos to kill themselves.

>"Nothing angers more a slave than a free man haha"
>t. probably never left his room for a full year

>>missing the point that real people aren't as pathetic as Hideaki Anno
Going by this thread, they're even worse.

>He doesn't enjoy his job
Ngmi

There are a million other things you can criticize, unemployed subhuman

Good. Now bark for me, you dumb mutt.

If your system is so good and fulfilling why do you get so angry at me for not participating? You shouldn't care about me at all, almost like you're full of shit and misery loves company huh?

The point isn't that he became a wagie, it's just that he accepted to not be a coward in life anymore with the help of friends, lover and family.
Also yeah being a wagie sucks but unless you're american you should also be able to fight for your rights

That's just a given when it comes to asking for better pay, better hours, any kind of societal change. But Japan is full of self-hating robots, so of course they'll never improve their lot.

This 100%. If you're a dead-end wagie with nothing in his life other than his $11 an hour job, then you have both successful men and NEETs laughing at you.

How did you guess I didn't like the movie? Oh, and I also didn't like Eternals. Wonder what that one says about me.