The Daughtersploitation genre

The Daughtersploitation genre

Attached: 1645335642255.jpg (1920x1080, 98.96K)

unfunny anime

unfunny user

why she venting tho?

Cute and funny anime

this show feels artificially good
like it's presenting itself as being higher quality than it actually is

Oh, how's it achieving that?

>artificially good
Is this sime kind of Yea Forums meme like artificial fun?

>3x contrarians
>1x pedo chud

Is this modern Yea Forums? Cringe...

>chud
fuck off

What is Ceiling Anya watching?

>chud
You will never be a woman

What does that even mean? "Good" is subjective, there's no "genuinely good" in the objective sense.
If you think it's you think it's good then it's good, if you don't like it then it's bad, simple as that.
Yea Forums really loves being convoluted for no reason.

but i am a woman!

"Glurge".
The sappy moments are extra sappy. The social bad guys who get in the MCs' emotional way are extra bad, etc. It's all designed to tug at your heartstrings in a shallow and shameless way. The characters themselves don't have much depth to them, they're just set up in this situation with their one-note personalities as vehicles to provoke the kind of emotions the author/director hopes to draw out, without spending much effort on development or treating the story seriously. This series still has its cute moments, it's just intellectually lazy, is all.

>Yea Forums
Opinion discarded.

You mean forced good

HAVE SEX DAMN IT

Attached: touch grass have sex.jpg (1200x852, 507.07K)

in your head maybe

There's an entire spectrum of qualia that can be applied to an artistic or intellectual work without reducing it to mere "good" or "bad". I personally refuse to participate in such reductivist thinking.

PROCREATE

I'm trying!

i do kind of get what you mean, like with clannad the sad moments are very manufactured

>Daughtersploitation
>artificially good
>forced good

Ironic or not, these posters are right, if poorly expressed. In this medium, it is possible for a production to posture as if it's achieved some level of artistic merit, and wear these pretended accomplishments on its sleeve, without having actually made the effort to cultivate emotional bonds with the viewer by growing its characters and earning their development through the story. This is a subjective criticism, but so are most; it's still valid, observable, and reproducible. In essence, it's an expression of failing the "show, don't tell" suggestion.

>The social bad guys who get in the MCs' emotional way are extra bad
I hate this kinda shit above all others. Especially when they make them ugly just to drive home the point that they're bad. Ugly people are people too ;_;

overrated

She had a traumatic upbringing.

Me masturbate to Yor's sweater dress, stirrup pants, and ankle boots.

Attached: 1620454346338.jpg (1280x720, 216.35K)

Why spam this meme in these threads? She's adopted

Yes but the series is obviously attempting to induce feelings of parental desire.
>Oh man, imagine how cute it would be if *I* had a daughter!

Normalizing adoption is important too. Adoption should be incentivized over shitting out your own kid.

Well we're 3d with 3dpd problems so it wouldn't. It's rare for a real child to be at least half as cute as Anya.

Adoption is way, way, way more work. Much faster to just procreate.

so you're saying it insists upon itself?

Adoption frontloads the work in order to let you skip the phase where a crying baby is waking you up every night. Seems like a good tradeoff.

fuck off spamming your forced meme tourist, we use "deconstruction" here

Still makes more sense than "artificially good" whatever the fuck that means

I bet Anya sucks good.

>whatever the fuck that means

Anya's cute, Anya's funny!

>to posture as if it's achieved some level of artistic merit, and wear these pretended accomplishments on its sleeve
>it's an expression of failing the "show, don't tell"
Clearly that's not what those anons meant and you know it

It's a good show and I won't pretend otherwise. No I won't explain why it's good.

>we
Don't care about your mental illness.

>It's rare for a real child to be at least half as cute as Anya.
It's quite common when they're Japanese.

That's just anime in general.

> [X] cute
> [X] funny
Yeah I'm thinking AOTY.

Attached: approval of the retarded.jpg (729x585, 217.75K)

It's exactly what it means, don't get upset because you can't take criticism. I've noticed some people on Yea Forums displaying an irrational level of anger these past couple days over certain turns of phrases and expressions. I can only guess they'd never heard those particular words before and like most midwits get upset at their intellectual failings and lash out in some kind of ego-driven retaliation, as if someone anyone using phrases they aren't familiar with are the villain. It's my not fault you aren't familiar with colloquial english.

kinda sus

That's a pretty good term, actually. I really like it user. Good for describing all of these "imagine if you had a cute daughter" shows.

I like this show like I like Umaru.

Attached: 1648312113685.jpg (240x240, 15.95K)

It's almost kind of sad to what lengths some anons will go just to be contrarian to a really popular show. Not like I didn't expect that to happen since it happens all the time.

Artificially good response
like it's presenting itself as being higher quality than it actually is

So then you agree with me that that is, in fact, a valid criticism that can be leveled at a written work. Check and mate.

I'd exploit my daughter if I had one

ToT

>Artificially good response

Ironic or not, this poster is right, if poorly expressed. On this site, it is possible for a reply to posture as if it's achieved some level of intellectual merit, and wear these pretended accomplishments on its sleeve, without having actually made the effort to cultivate a discussion with the readers by building an argument and making a point. This is a subjective criticism, but so are most; it's still valid, observable, and reproducible.

forced fun with anya

sounds like you insist upon yourself with that opinion

More like your headcanon in general.

>midwit
>People respond emotionally to something that I don't therefore it must be fake and those people must be midwits
There's a reason Salinger is so famous, bro. Catcher in the rye might only resonate with teenagers, but it still resonates with teenagers. I use it as an example because you might like the theme better, btw.

That doesn't even make sense.

that projection

>Everyone's a phony!