Kamina represents everything I hate. He is the douchebag older brother that hurts you more than helps...

Kamina represents everything I hate. He is the douchebag older brother that hurts you more than helps. He forces the archetype of a "manly man" on you. That path of recklessness and irrationality will only lead you to death.
Simon was the reliable one, he was truly the one that got things done while Kamina just dicked around

Attached: Simon1-752x440.jpg (752x440, 40.16K)

Other urls found in this thread:

hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2010/04/alot-is-better-than-you-at-everything.html
gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=10835463
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

fag

Yeah thats kinda the point.
Irrational idealism/optimism allowing people to surpass what they believed was pragmatic or realistic and beating the odds.

>He forces the archetype of a "manly man" on
you will never pass

>Kamina represents everything I hate.He forces the archetype of a "manly man" on you. That path of recklessness and irrationality will only lead you to death.

Attached: _nerd.jpg841170E8-0424-4B13-A2F7-EEC98CFFD346Original.jpg (800x800, 62.46K)

Kamina had a small dick

Hello Clawshrimpy

There’s nothing wrong with being a manly man, you should try it, it’s fun

>dead virgin

Kamina actually had depth
Simon was just a self-insert.

Oh look a gurren lagann thread! Surely this wont be blatant bait and shitty opinions.

Kamina is acting. He knows that Simon has the potential but not the self-confidence. That's why he pretends to be a manly role model so that Simon actually get shit done. It's the whole point of the believe in me who believe in you line.
Kamina represents idealism. He's a moving force, but his recklessness brings him to his death.
Simon's second partner, Rossiu, represents pragmatism. He knows how to make things work, but his desperation in maintaining the status quo and not any taking risk ironically makes him a threat.
In the end of his hero's journey, Simon becomes someone with the audacity to beat the Anti-Spiral, and the smart to give up on spiral power (even if it means personal loss). He becomes the ultimate leader.

how is your relationship with your dad going, OP?

You cannot transition into a woman.

Yeah, I LARP as Kamina.

Attached: sketch-1845645645461456412121234412774417979.png (723x760, 614.85K)

>He forces the archetype of a "manly man" on you
I was gonna try some clever remark to this bait, but you kind played yourself. Sound like you grew up without a father.

Simon wouldn't become the man he became at the end of the second half but before he became a hermit if it wasn't for both the wisdom and mistakes that Kamina showed him throughout his life. You're right OP, he's a
>manly man
flawed, and not afraid to be honest with himself and those around him

>itoddler

Five star post

Attached: 1618996274475.jpg (873x916, 100.95K)

she's 14 years old you sicko

I remember when TTGL first aired and it was THE anime of Yea Forums and Yea Forums for a long while. But then Yea Forums turned on it years ago for some reason.

spot on

Attached: 2234235.jpg (718x388, 91.97K)

>He is the douchebag older brother that hurts you more than helps. He forces the archetype of a "manly man" on you.

Attached: 78A6B0B8-0AC5-40BA-9D57-9C014407928C.jpg (935x828, 558.59K)

what a fucking slut

Gotta pull the rug out from under the newfags. That's my interpretation anyway. I think it helps with gatekeeping.

So is he.

Because suddenly the things they liked as kids has to be bad.

Yea Forums is the most contrarian site on the entire internet

>the archetype of a "manly man"
oh sweaty…

Attached: 65E9BAF5-BCC4-4652-A377-40BA18359D87.jpg (1280x720, 93.91K)

OP let me beat the shit out of you real quick faggot

Wasn't that exactly what they showed? Episode 7 basically gave the viewers the idea that ig Simon gets his shit together, he's far more reliable than Kamina will ever be. Even Kamina himself admits this in the flashback about the tunnel digging and the earthquake. Once Simon finally moved on from Kamina's death and pulled himself together, Dai-Gurren went on to decimate Lordgenome's forces with Simon singlehandedly taking down all of his generals and BTFO-ing Viral in every opportunity.

>he said, on Yea Forums

Fag

Whoaaaaaa, hey what's the matter champ? Why the foul language?

You're not acting very tengen toppa OP

Attached: 1506510253705.jpg (960x737, 40.62K)

>He is the douchebag older brother that hurts you more than helps. He forces the archetype of a "manly man" on you

Attached: 1434370289807.png (1055x845, 44.55K)

Holy fuck someone actually gets it.

Because it reminds alot of them of who and what they could be instead of what they've become and they are understandably bitter about the contrast.

What about Kittan?
He was cool and always cared for his sisters, even when one of them became a bitch.

Attached: e31a58929e0862f0f6ed77f18a4eb841.jpg (1680x944, 192.43K)

alot isn't a word

Why didn't he marry all of his sisters before they were taken from him?

I know. Unfortunately, it's a bad habit I can't seem to get rid of these days.

Attached: 1651531834392.png (471x287, 214.77K)

I didn't had a father either, and yet I too think OP is a raging faggot who probably has cut off his dick

I always have the teory that Kittan liked Yoko but Yoko liked Kamina.
Then Kamina died and he for respect to his dead friend never make a move and istead tried to help Simon.

kino

Well yeah, that's kind of why he died. Kamina is a walking case study of the virtues and vices of the alpha male; of course he was gonna be a charismatic asshole. It was for Simon to synthesize Kamina's courage with his own carefulness to surpass and succeed him and lead the people to a better future.

Attached: 1649936495736.jpg (2000x1486, 372.05K)

OP...

Attached: 1641906516443.png (664x351, 82.48K)

Don't go anywhere near that disgusting deathmark whore, Simon

So then why does he become a dirty hobo with no friends?

i always think about these guys hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2010/04/alot-is-better-than-you-at-everything.html

CLAWSHRIMPY ?!

Simon also died a virgin, right?

Because he knew when to back off and leave it to others. He did all he could for the people in creating a path for them to go down for the future. It goes full circle with his introduction as a digger who dug trails for the village to expand but here he expands possibilities. With his job done, he can live a simple life, travel, and watch over the world and future he's helped build.

>Yoko ended up a lonely cake teacher
Sad.

No it's confirmed he and Nia fucked before she disappeared

really? i watched TTGL 7 years ago

gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=10835463
>Did Simon and Nia 'do it' during the 7 year timeskip?
>During the seven year timeskip Simon and Nia did what had to be done.

What if Noriko lived in Simon's village?

Attached: 174.jpg (640x460, 40.13K)

The virtue of Cincinnatus. A leader who granted Rome military victory, when his job was done, he stepped down as dictator to return to his farm. One of the few things I remember from high school history class.

>Simon was the reliable one, he was truly the one that got things done while Kamina just dicked around
this is the entire fucking goddamn point of the first half of the fucking show i can't believe i have to share a planet with people this illiterate
jesus christ i'm going to go drown myself. fuck this. i'm done.

eh that's pretty vague

That's pretty based.

>Asked if they had sex during the seven years of their being together
>response is 'did what had to be done' to denote activity was indeed taken and also cheeky reference to the line Nia gives Simon in the last battle while she is literally sitting naked on his dick
>Vague
user...I...

Couldn't they have made them live together or something during the epilogue? It would have made sense for Yoko to want to stick with Simon after he lost Nia. Both of them being lonely doesn't reinforce the message of the show.