After how many episodes do you abandon a series if you're not digging it?

Anime babby here. Started watching something, a very famous very popular anime. However I'm just not feeling it, 5 episodes in I find it boring and tiresome to watch. However I feel almost crazy because it's so popular. Like it MUST BE good, so maybe there's something wrong with me, and I should keep watching until I finally GET it?

I dunno bros, what do you do in situations like these? Plow through or quit?

How hard is it to understand that different people have different tastes? Just drop it and get on with your life. also post tits

first 15 minutes

3 is the golden rule

Name the show, faggot.

>However I feel almost crazy because it's so popular. Like it MUST BE good
This is either bait or you need to go back

I do not “decide” to drop a show. It just kind of happens.

3 episodes at most. It's only happened to me with a handful of shows, but when I can't get into it I just have to let it go. If it's such a pressing matter for you, I recommend you drop the anime and give yourself some time, wait a few months and then give it another shot. It is possible that a good show doesn't appeal to you because of your own life's circumstances. Or it could just be bad, but it's best not to rule anything out.

Usually half an episode. Maybe a full one for more plot heavy shows because they tend to save something for the end.
No reason to watch shows I don't like just because other people do.

I am trying no drop policy

why do you hate yourself so much?

Put it away, maybe come back later when looking for stuff from the backlog.

FWIW, I never felt like finishing PMMM because I just didn't give a shit about any of the characters.

>However I feel almost crazy because it's so popular. Like it MUST BE good, so maybe there's something wrong with me
Doesn't work like this. People have different taste. There are plenty of shitty, trashy things that are popular. Basically, think about you're spending your time. Another option is to check out the manga of someting. It's common knowledge by this point that anime shave shings out of the story, change things around, add stuff etc. You can also read something faster than you watch something, so if you still want to keep at something, try the manga.

3 episode rule is a thing for a reason. But for me personally, it depends on how long the show is. If it's a 1 cour seasonal, I'll usually just stick it out to the end to see if it improves because it's not that much of a time investment, but there's no way I'm doing that for a show with 50+ episodes

Ok thanks, yeah I'll drop it. So many animes to watch in this world, why waste time and suffer to grind through one I don't like? Well, I have autism so there's that. I get uncomfortable when I leave things incomplete. But it's time to overcome that shitty habit.
lol a little bit. I needed (You)s.

Ok, here goes. I am not familiar with this board I hope you don't savage me for this.

YuruYuri

Context: Never got into anime as a full time hobby, but I have watched a few animes over the years. But always serious ones. I guess that's the type of anime I like.
Then a couple of years ago I watched my first pointless brainless anime, Gabriel Dropout, inspired by /g/'s Sataniaposting. It was stupid but quite still fairly funny and enjoyable for what it is. I watched it last thing at night when my brain was already tired from a full day of work/study. When my brian is tired I find things funnier, I discovered this years ago when watching Seinfeld. Anyway. there were a few uncomfortable pervy/pedo type moments, like a brief one every couple of episodes, but not enough to ruin the overall enjoyment of the show.

Fast forward to now, I started watching YuruYuri. Again, inspired by reaction images all over 4chans. But I guess here's the real key - I did not know what 'Yuri' was (not a full weeb). But I started watching it and yeah I really don't like it, it's way too pervy/pedoey, especially because the girls are portrayed really really young. It's only when I thought holy shit this is kinda disgusting, that I finally remembered that "oh yeah, Yea Forums has a board called yuri". I like lesbo, but adult lesbos. Little children, no thanks. I guess I'm just not a pedo. So yeah, I'm finding it really difficult to watch this. And it's not even funny, I don't enjoy the characters or little 'stories' at all. I guess I just don't like this genre. I'll drop it, thanks Yea Forums

lol

>yuru yuri
>way too pervy/pedoey
What a faggot.

Holy fucking reddit

you deserve to be savaged for this, but not because you didn't like yuru yuri, but because you have absolutely no fucking clue how sexual attraction works and you should probably kill yourself for forcing your unhealthy opinions on the rest of society. 14 is the peak of human male attraction to women. it is both something men and women appreciate, men for obvious reasons and women because they fantasize about being so attractive. Finally, the lesbians in particularly would really enjoy such a show.

Basically your opinion on the show is secondary to your cancerous opinions on cunny.

Attached: DF967607-E8D5-4ED5-9BBA-E14827B6FEDD.jpg (560x667, 49.78K)

If I am bored for 30 seconds during the first episode it's down the shitter forever

My autism doesn't let me drop series but I usually know whether or not I'll enjoy something before I watch the first episode

every scene is either that girl's full on lesbian fantasies, or other shit like panty jokes. i know it's suposed to be portraying middle school but the girls come off as way younger, prepubescent. only yui arguably comes off as pubescent, but still not 15. more like 12. also how can a 12 year old get an apartment and live by herself, thats so dumb.

do you genuinely find yuru yuri funny? i forgot to mention, i also watched nagatoro recently. i liked that, i found it funny. and like i said, i enjoyed gabriel dropout too. i can enjoy non-serious animes. but this is just super pedoey and on top of that is not funny or interesting in any way. at least to me. you do you. anyway, thanks everyone.

show me a very well developed booby 16 year old, yeah i get it. 16 year old virginia roberts, basicaly fully grown, well developed, knows what she's doing, isn't forced into it (epstein and maxwell gave her money, they didnt kidnap her, didnt hold her at gunpoint, she did it willingly for the money), i can see the appeal.
but the girls in yuru yuri are basically prepubescent. straight up pedo shit, not ephebophilia.

Attached: latest[1].png (720x720, 459.1K)

OK pedo

>dropped moeshit
You are not missing much

>it's way too pervy/pedoey
It really isn't. But if you don't enjoy the first episode you're not going to like the rest. Maybe give it another shot in a couple of years.

Attached: 1646585624608.jpg (850x1243, 258.89K)

OP, you're not entirely wrong about it being a bit pervy and I kind of felt the same way when I first started watching anime (though not with YrYr and it's still one of my favorites), All I can say is that you'll just sort of get used to it as you watch more anime and it won't bother you as much, so maybe come back to YrYr in a couple months. I personally enjoy the jokes about Kyouko being retarded, Akari being forgotten, etc... more than the fanservice anyway

I'm sorry you have no fucking clue what a child looks like user. Hopefully you never have one. the only one even a little stunted is akarin and she's still nothing like prepubescent.

1 epiosode. That's all.
If an anime can't make a good first impression, it's either not your cup of tea or it's misdirected as fuck.

I'm sorry user, but you're not allowed to abandon anything ever. Can you really call yourself a fan of anime if you abandon it like your father abandoned you?

Here's my filter heuristics (not completely, but generally)

>see list
>pick out interesting art/premise
>watch 1-2 episodes before continuing it

The biggest factor for me is, my years of knowledge/intuition built up by watching 1500+ anime, reading 3000+ manga, etc. So I, like a really advanced machine learning system, can pick apart any anime and determine its worth without even watching it. I'm 95% right on my heuristics. On the chance I do get it wrong sometimes with false negatives, I continue to browse Yea Forums through thumbnails/webms on what I miss.

based. Same

This, but there are times where I get hooked on episode 1 then lose interest in the next and I honestly believe its because I find reading manga/novels to be a better time investment

Maybe you really should have lurked two years before posting.

Gintama got good after about 50 episodes and it's one of the best anime ever made.

You sound like a very boring and lame person. I hope you quit watching anime, or at the very least stop posting here.

1 episode, if it really doesn’t even to hook me then I drop
Then 5 episodes, that’s the length of a movie and if it can’t tell or show anything interesting in it then it’s incompetent

One. What are you, stupid?

Wait, Yuru Yuri is pervy?
I don't see it.

Attached: 1445895867354.webm (854x480, 1.43M)

If its 12 episodes I will drop it if I don't like the first 3 episodes. if its 24+ episodes I will drop it at 6-7 episodes.

Try to steer clear from this sort of format, or sharing so much about yourself. Brevity is key. Yuru Yuri sucks, you're missing nothing there. I would suggest you don't come back here. Yea Forums is not a friendly place.

Akari's sister...

>Long text scares me
Hi Twitter!
Also don't let this newfag see screencaps from before 2010. It'll blow his mind.

It just seems your own sister doesn't love you very much.

Attached: wash.webm (368x640, 1.35M)

So what I've learnt from this thread is that I should really watch Yuru Yuri. Thanks OP.

>/g/ browser
>reddit spacing
>yuruyuri = pedo
tranny spotted

Attached: 1648514318030.png (500x281, 213.84K)

>like your father abandoned you
niggety nog :----DDDD

I don't even have a sister ;_;

I dont even like the meme but
> because it's so popular. Like it MUST BE good
is peak NPC shit

>Gab Drop and Seinfeld as reference points
Jesus fucking Christ

Yuru Yuri was never a particularly good show in the first place, even when it started airing and we all watched it seasonally. You're right to drop it.
If you want to learn about the "cute girls doing cute things" subgenre go watch K-On.

Attached: that nigga gay.png (500x382, 80.44K)

I don't get the question, do you believe I have some sort of rule about how long I give a series before I drop it? Why? I drop it when I stop giving a shit about it. Do you think I'm sitting here with a watch and I'm saying
>alright if this shit doesn't get interesting in exactly 386 seconds I'll stop watching
??

Attached: 2022-02-16 00_41_45-(0) _a_ - Sengoku Youko Storytime FINALEST THREAD - Anime & Manga - 4chan — Mozi.png (166x180, 23.94K)

nah, I just choose anime that would be interesting, and it takes too much time...

If you read his next post you'll see he admits to being autistic. So yes, a 386 second rule is exactly what he's looking for. Autists are funny

Jesus. How it's like to be new to Yea Forums in 2022, are you enjoying your stay?

Less than 1 episode. I don't watch tv to fit in with you losers. If I don't like the show, I stop watching.

>Yuru Yuri was never a particularly good show in the first place, even when it started airing and we all watched it seasonally. You're right to drop it.
This is bait right? S1 and S2 are absolute peak CGDCT, with one of the most likeable casts in the entire medium (not just for comedy but as characters, hence why s2ep11 works), peak slapstick humor, a gorgeous color palette, and these short backgrounds music I can't get out of my head.
I rewatched S1 for curiosity's sake recently and I ended up binge watching all three seasons plus the OVAs, and now I'm back at waiting for season 4.
I don't think you need patrician taste to appreciate YRYR, but appreciating YRYR is sign of patrician taste.

Attached: 1629224036321.webm (900x506, 2.4M)

>3 episode rule is a thing for a reason
No, it's definitely not a real thing. Just something that you losers push, so you can continue to lower your standards until you like it. It's the sunk cost fallacy that you set yourself up to have happen.

Ok pedo.

No, it was seriously not a good CGDCT show. There were good comedy bits but infrequent enough for the whole to end up a mediocrity.
Dropped it after s1 ended and doubt it got better.
Overrating YRYR (calling it the "peak" of anything) is a sign someone needs to develop their taste. Although for years now Non Non Biyori has stolen that torch of "CGDCT f/a/ns massively overrate by calling the best X ever." But by comparison, NNB is actually pretty good.