Using this power will reduce your lifespan

>using this power will reduce your lifespan

Has this EVER mattered? Like, a single time. Just one example?

Attached: 1602564840945.jpg (281x367, 32.15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

dragonball.fandom.com/wiki/Heart_Virus
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Dragon Ball

Kurapika spamming emperor time reduced Togashi's lifespan.

Should have used it more then

They meant the lifespan of the author

Himeno from CSM.

When? How? Who?

Kengan Ashura before Omega ruined it.

Cigarettes. My grandpa died of lung cancer when he was 55.

The Kaikoen gave Goku a heart attack when he was like 40 in Trunk's timeline.

Naruto.

Kino

The kung fu guy vs the sand guy in that ninja show

Roshi with Mafuba

His leg was shattered by sand coffin.

Those girls using lead paint to get with guys

Pretty sure it's a big thing in Death Note, OP.

no he got a heart disease from a virus.

When did it matter though?

All those times Light refused to sacrifice his lifespan user, did you miss it?

literally the main point of this character

Attached: vlcsnap-2021-08-16-10h22m07s705.png (1280x720, 897.65K)

It applied to Fei at least.

Show me the picture from the microscope

Hello.

Attached: 1622504372595.jpg (516x528, 68.29K)

dragonball.fandom.com/wiki/Heart_Virus

I preffer my head cannon, sorry.

That actually would have made more sense and give a reason to why he doesn't use it anymore after Namek

Chrono Crusade or something.

Came here to post this.

Literally every character in Demon Slayer that activated his mark

We won, Coltkasachads!

Maybe with granolah in dragon ball, the arcs not over yet though
also didn't they have something like that in kimetsu as well, they all died young

>In the early years of publication in Vietnam, the company publishing Dragon Ball Z in Vietnam wanted to increase the humor, so they changed the Heart Virus to food poisoning. In later republication, it was corrected exactly as the original version
maybe it should have been food poisoning, there was really nothing stopping Bulma from giving Goku a better mechanical heart

In other words, it didn't matter because it was never used. (Outside of Misa, who only died in the epilogue)

>so it didn't matter except in this case where it did
Light's main character flaw was him deciding to not use this and beat his opponents with his 'genius' and this lead to his eventual downfall. It was either do it and ensure a life of success, albeit a short one, or live an even shorter one where Light's mistakes would end him.

You and I both know that's not what OP means.

I don't think you understand what OP is talking about.
Normally in anime where this line is used, the protagonist still does the ability and yet it never effected him in the story, as he continues to live until the end of the series and beyond.
However if one were to decline to use such an ability, like Light, it might as well not exist at all. It's just adding more drama with no substance behind it. Like, imagine if Light relied on Misa killing Near, but then Misa died before she can do it. THAT would be a consequence.
But as of now, due to Misa only dying after the story ended and Light never using it, that deal "half of your lifespan for shinigami eyes" could have never existed at all and it wouldn't change a thing. Might as well just said "Rem gave Misa shinigami eyes because she likes Misa" without any fake stakes.

Fuck omega for ruining everything. Ohma dying after overusing his bullshit power-up was kino

Attached: 1651380657150.jpg (844x1199, 344.14K)

Light’s dad got shinigami eyes and died immediately after

He was murdered, though. The eye makes your body fail from natural causes more quickly

>decreasing lifespan never kills and matters
>increasing lifespan kills
What kind of pottery is that?

Attached: __hei_and_amber_darker_than_black_drawn_by_alpha_smashbox__5e68b8174ddcc0b919162b26432df3c8.png (600x581, 293.28K)

This lad from Nabari No Ou

Attached: EazvIcCXgAAdfqm~2.jpg (339x511, 29.14K)

From a shinigami’s perspective all causes of death besides the death note are natural causes.

same thing happened to my dad, when he was 42

>Forgive me sensei... but just this once, I have to go all out
Has this EVER worked? Like, a single time. Just one example?

Attached: Kaioken_high_quality.PNG.png (1200x900, 1.82M)

I HOPE MY BODY CAN TAKE IT

Attached: ChrnoCrusade v08 c57 222.jpg (750x1077, 94.96K)

Yes, but the eyes reduce a lifespan by half. Meaning instead of 1 hour after getting the eyes, he would have otherwise died 2 hours after getting the eyes. Big dif.

Chainsaw Man, arguably. Aki trades his lifespan for power repeatedly, loses more to save Angel, and then dies young and messily when his time runs out and the death the Future Devil foresaw for him finally happens.

it happens to my dad currently, 60 years old
and he still doesn't stop smoking. He did actually had a chance to fight the cancer a year ago, but nope, smoking was more important to him. And my mother, who always was afraid of cancer and has to take care of my father who is almost literally falling apart, still smokes as well.

Talentless Nana might be one of the most clear-cut examples of an instance where it mattered

Attached: 5325b191a6d60ab4450bdc2376393813.jpg (1080x1080, 97.2K)

Aki from csm

Attached: msk.png (837x595, 780.08K)

Ryoko, but you wouldn't know what that is

Pic related? I don't remember what you're talking about but I checked out hard once it went into hiatus and came back .

Attached: 1630018337100.jpg (350x550, 152.98K)

no since most of the time the story ends before the characters even have a chance to get old

It's after the hiatus, so yeah

Seems weird because it means he would have died a few hours later even without the eyes...

The countdown is their destined death, the part you're not meant to fuck with.

In Fairy tale there was the woman who reversed time by like 10 seconds and she ends up an old lady near death after.

Mashle

What's the difference between this manga and its adaptation? Watched the anime several years ago and was kind of disappointed when they introduced "shorten your lifespan" mechanic literally in the first episode and then both MCs died at the end for that exact reason.

And then 2 chapters late he gets his shit kicked in anyway by the next opponent because it seems that he still wasn't going all out