How did a normal kid end up being corrupted so easily?

How did a normal kid end up being corrupted so easily?

Attached: 1639080022053.jpg (2560x1440, 212.14K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IRR7CwdHxUE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

he wasnt corrupt
its the rotten world that needs cleansing

socioeconomics

He was always a dipshit. The book just gave him an excuse to be more direct about it.

He was a completely different person when he lost his memories of the Death Note.

>you can't kill criminales it's le bad
He did nothing wrong

Well, he's smart but not wise. That's why. If he was smart AND wise then he would have kept the notebook and never killed anyone. Or alternatively, he would have killed like before but not fell into childish traps like L on the tv channel trick.

He wasn't normal.

>If he was smart AND wise then he would have kept the notebook and never killed anyone
Great. Then Ryuuk would eventually kill him anyway because he's bored.

>explicitly says he and Kira have the same ideals during the memory loss
Not being a serial killer just because you don't have a magic book to do your dirty work for you doesn't make you a good person. Makes you fucking lame actually.

Being a high IQ genius surrounded by a bunch of low IQ apes can do that to you. The entire point of Watari's foundation is finding kids like this and providing them a place to use their abilities for good.

a large portion of the world's population was agreeing with kira's methods.

The fuck does that have to do with anything? The question was if Light was always "Kira".

This. He wasn't normal by any means before the DN. He was outsmarting everyone, which is already a big factor of marginality by itself but on top of that he was handsome and popular with the girls, good at faking sociability, charismatic, etc. Extremely intelligent people most of the time suffer from social disabilities, or aren't extremely good looking.

But not him. He was and had everything, basically one in a million. He even had a good, loving family, no trauma/fucked up childhood. Hard to not have delusions of grandeur and think of yourself as anything but a god when life hands you this much.

Everything about him makes sense.

I want more of Burnin.

He was always a psycho. Power doesn't corrupt, it just gives already corrupt people the means to do evil.

He was highly intelligent and knew that the world around him was disgusting and full of corruption, he was able to see and envision a perfect world that normal NPCs couldnt

Rather than not being wise i would say that he had too much pride in himself.
He was the Top national student in japan for who knows how long at the moment he got the Death Note.
Like this user mentions He had everything in his life. Because of this he suffers from a superiority complex and the Death Note only amplifies this point, then some smuck comes and announces to the whole world that he's going to catch him when he believes himself untraceable. Never did he expected to find someone as good as him in the world. Because form his point of view, there was none.
Light failed just by virtue of believing himself invincible, that no one was going to catch him.

Power always corrupts, no one is free of emotions that go against the beliefs of society.
selfishness, egoism, jealousy.
As long as humans strive for individual objectives we are bound to be corrupted by those beliefs.
But to get rid of those ideals and dreams would be to strip yourself of that individuality and become a puppet of society, an NPC.

Ray Pember ? Naomie ?

Only dipshits on Yea Forums believe themselves to be wise right from the get go. You get wise with experience and him falling into that trap counts as one.

>Fulfilled his primary goal of preventing another nation from getting the Death Note
>Makes said other nations eternally paranoid about the possibility of being killed or manipulated
>Makes true on his promise never to use it
>As a Bonus, in his lifetime is able to personally see Ryuk should he appear again
Dare I say DN!Trump is the final winner of the series?

Attached: 0110-083.jpg (784x1176, 101.1K)

how dare light defend himself

>corrupted
Light was already a narcissistic bitch with a big ego, he saw the Death Note as a confirmation of his superiority to normal people, a gift from God even.

What would Biden do with the Death Note?

Write his own name because he has dementia

I wonder how Putin's expansionism would change with if this actually happened.

This was the dumbest fucking thing to come out of the entire trump era.

He should have just kept killing people and it would have been fine. Death Note is flawed because its existence makes no sense. If Light was so smart he would have never killed the fake L on TV.

>putin didn't die 23 days after launching attack on Ukraine
Imagine if he did, this page would have been legendary

>How did a normal kid end up being corrupted so easily?
idk but satan whispering over his shoulder and being in possession of tool which could earn him a free spot on death row if reavealed might have something to do with the case in question...

98% of the people we see him kill are already incarcerated. He could have killed the thousands of corrupt CEOs and politicians who are getting away with it but instead chose to go for low hanging fruit.

What do you mean by corruption?

Light's only problem was that he restricted himself to killing criminals (and a handful of people that tried to get in his way).

He should have used his power to become the anonymous supreme dictator of the world, or at the very least to decapitate the ruling class of major nations and powerful international organizations.

Attached: 812258c2d365c23d22ada06b2eb43e63.jpg (365x478, 38.98K)

He did everything wrong. All he did was play executioner, not actually being some god of justice. He didn't try to go for unknown criminals or people who manage to evade justice. The only times he deliberately tried to investigate people was when his own life was threatened.

Did he have to rub it in their faces? That doesn't seem like something a person with benevolent intentions would do.

quiet kids are never normal

>know world is full of corruption
>goes to kill simple thieves already doing time rather than actual corrupt people that wield way too much power or all the rich people who get away with their crimes

Even if he waited until Cameras were off that still would have set the cops after him

Cop's kid. If you met one in high school or college he was probably similar to the character.

settled on their love nest

He only killed people the state deemed "evil" he was a government dog

>normal kid
he literally spends the first episode looking at his dipshit teenage classmates and going 'heh, the world would be a better place if they were dead. no one would miss them. the world is ROTTEN'. then his reaction to realizing he might have killed a human being was not "oh fuck", but "huh, I'm gonna try again to make sure". and THEN, when he makes sure it's real, his coping mechanism is to go "NO, THEY DESERVED IT. I'M THE ONLY ONE WHO CAN JUDGE THEM. I'M A GOD". absolutely nothing about light is normal.

Yeah, incarcerated people are never let out. They also definitely don't return to a life of crime when freed either.

And it certainly never runs in the family.

He was never normal.

it's probably difficult to imagine if you're someone who has no desire to do terrible things but a significant portion of the people around you are only civil and 'normal' because of laws and fear of punishment that keeps them from lashing out
I'm not just talking about Yea Forums edgelords who would rape and murder and abuse their power the second they got it, even among the normalfags there are people who are just barely anchored by societies expectations that they don't do horrible things to other people, and even they'll snap over trivial bullshit like road rage or their fast food order being wrong and turn into monsters given the chance. you take for granted that you live in a world where the brutalities and cruelty of humans isn't an issue anymore but it's still there, just kept in check by the systems we created specifically to keep those assholes from making life unlivable.

>normal

>I can feel the wisdom pouring into me
>this trap is a learning experience

Attached: 1629166716011.jpg (1500x1104, 685.66K)

They were FBI, hardly innocent

>You get wise with experience
you don't need a lot of wisdom not to fall for this
why kill him? it's his job to catch me and there's a 0% chance of him ever finding out who i am if i just randomly kill criminals and even if i did kill him, there would be thousands of others doing the exact same thing anyway so that sounds like wasted effort (might as well kill a random police officer)

It's true though
I once touched a halogen lamp as a kid, got a blister and learned that lamps are hot and I shouldn't touch them

He actually managed to defeat L as well and that's where it ended. Nope second part doesn't exist at all.

youtube.com/watch?v=IRR7CwdHxUE

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1500x708, 237.62K)

Yagami spelled backward spells "I'm a gay"

Attached: Death Note 452574655133645135731.jpg (700x1030, 161.39K)

>trump le bad
ok

the writers are hacks

simple as

Attached: 1624704044785.jpg (700x1030, 265.36K)

Power changes people

All this blathering about how he should have done this and that and could have outsmarted the shinigami is just empty talk - be as clever as you want, in the end they'll just go uhh nope and kill you.

Attached: web.ae_.recentrewinds.5.courtesy.jpg (1244x1600, 869.89K)

Kek, only on 4chin can you have someone unironically equate having a high IQ with being a sociopathic narcissist one step removed from mass murder.