So how do you think Guts was meant to defeat the Idea of Evil? It seems like an impossible foe

So how do you think Guts was meant to defeat the Idea of Evil? It seems like an impossible foe

Attached: E83-IoE_Meets_Griffith-Manga.png (550x780, 323.93K)

>So how do you think Guts was meant to defeat the Idea of Evil? It seems like an impossible foe
this is your brain on fucking anime shit, never once.

Why would he do that?

We don't even know if the Idea of Evil should be considered canon.

He would have defeated it conceptually by living a happy life for no good reason.

Plug some giant corks on those holes

I don't think he is supposed to do that, at least not directly

it was taken out of the story after the chapter released because miura hated how it limited the story.
its not canon.

>Idea of Evil
>Not just an idea lmao
Miura at least realized his mistake

This. It's just an imaginary scapegoat.

Hot take.
Berserk went to shit after the fantasy arc.
Berserk was all friendship and kawaii art from that point on.

He probably wasn't

Not even author himself could defeat it

I never thought it was meant to be defeated. It's canon for me and now that Miura is dead it's canon again. It's just a curse this world has to live with, you know? Words are physically real, they affect real bodies, so why not the Idea of evil? He already fights its word (the curse sign)

>So how do you think Guts was meant to defeat the Idea of Evil? It seems like an impossible foe
Griffith was going to be the one to kill it, that's the entire point of his Falconia arc. Griffith combined the worlds into one and then started purging, it's pretty obvious that he was going to turn on the other members of the Godhand and then the idea of evil in the end. Reflect back onto the speech Griffith gave Charlotte that Guts overheard, it's him describing how intolerable it would be for his life to be exactly what it is revealed to be.

Attached: 563.jpg (410x550, 27.38K)

He removed it because it revealed too much, don't put your own gay spin on things faggot.

Attached: 1465404000121.png (531x497, 148.2K)

He wasn't. My theory is that after the finale, the world of Berserk would go into a the equivalent of the Renascence Period of our world, which would lead into more and more of humanity to live happy lives and as such, the IoE would weaken severely, losing its ability to manipulate fate and go dormant, with it leaving some crypt words about Karma and Fate being a spiral and that once more humanity would loop back into evil and depravity and as a result the IoE would reawaken and blah blah you know the rest.

So it spins all the time? Doesn't it get dizzy?

we still see a glimpse of it in the final page of chapter 82, muira didnt want to reveal the whole thing that early in the manga

That is genuinely one of the worst interpretations I've ever heard. Human suffering isn't some kind of period piece and Berserk is good precisely because it is relatable.

>So how do you think Guts was meant to defeat the Idea of Evil?

Sword.

Attached: Berserk217.jpg (2000x1125, 1.23M)

He screams and punches it harder than ever before

Given that it sprouted from humanity, it essentially can't be defeated. Maybe you could magic-bullshit your way into destroying it, but there's nothing to stop it from sprouting up all over again. Barring the extinction of humanity or a fundamental rework of how it thinks. It's a problem Guts can't solve. But given that Berserk is generally a hopeful story, despite the frequent atrocities that take place, it's unlikely that we'd end up with a conclusion as nihilistic as the Idea of Evil sticking around as is. So how does it 'lose'?

Well, we know concepts can be made manifest by exceptionally powerful belief. If you can't stop or defeat the Idea of Evil, maybe you could create an Idea of Good to oppose it. By, I dunno, playing Jesus or something. Granted, that'd be tough to pull off. You'd need a whole bunch of eternally faithful followers, and pope would be good too...

Attached: Gurifisu.png (642x444, 134.51K)

By becoming friends with Griffith again, or at least moving on from him, and living a happy life with Casca and the new crew, and maybe Isidro becomes a swashbuckling seaman or something with his mermaid gf.

Griffith was going to beat it by gathering all of humanity in his Falconian paradise and giving them all welfare, thus changing their doomer mentality and changing the IoE into something else.

Just too early introduced.

>hot take
>most basic opinion ever
Every time.

i wonder if the assistants were told ahead of time that the child was griffith dreaming on full moons and not fanfic

That was already obvious from previous chapters.

>grabs giant sword
>swing on idea of evil with it
>??
>profit

Idea of Evil? I wonder how the fuck he was supposed to defeat Griffith in the first place? This birdman twink could pull off star wars blocade impossible to cross.

I don't get how the average Yea Forumsnon can't wrap their head around the fact late Berserk was just going to be Guts achieving happiness, something to fight for and protect when he eventually gets pulled back into the fray for the finale. Whilst we will probably never see the actual ending, the arcs full of downtime we got towards the end were just part of a natural progression into a mature and aging Guts.

They arrive at its hideout and Griffith is there to stop them. Guts' entire party is going "Come on, Griffith buddy we know you're in there!" and he snaps out of it and helps Guts deliver the killing blow. However at the last moment Puck stops them going "No, don't you see! If we do this...then we're no better than it..."

>Guts cuts off Griffith's head and kisses it

Attached: 1644915184250.jpg (552x567, 9.84K)

Care to elaborate?

hit it with the big sword

He said it in the interview, retard:
>“It's because I wanted Berserk's world to be revealed just that far, not any more than that. The appearance of god in the manga conclusively determines its range. I thought that might limit the freedom of the story development. I myself don't know if the Idea of Evil will show up again in the manga or not."

It's revealed early on that the antagonist is some eldritch god, makes you wonder how they'll defeat it in the end. I was waiting for the end for this reason alone. Then the manga never ends, so canonically you don't know.;_;

that to me was the ultimate victory for Guts. He was putting it behind him.
I could see Griffith seething so hard that it culminates into tracking down Guts -- only for Guts to expose him as the shitcunt he is and then kill him for good

shouldn't you be watching demon slayer or whatever the kids are seeing now? chainsaw man?

>idea of evil starts crying
>at last I truly see... killing people... LE BAD

Schierke summons the Idea of Good

Teaming up with Griffith.

Schnoz appears.

By giving hope to humanity as he kills the ultimate villain (Griffith)

Reforge the Dragonslayer into the Ideaslayer.

Shounen faggots when present with something
>can x beat it?

Cut it with his sword like anything else

Griffith did nothing wrong.

With the help of a reformed Griffith. Guts, Griffith, and Caska would reconcile and become friends again. Griffith would then lend his powers to Guts, possibly even sacrificing himself to power Guts up.

Given that the author implied a happy and hopeful ending, this would likely be the case because I don't see anything hopeful about the repeating cycle of godhands being created every few 216 being hopeful.

It's very obvious that it would be through the power of friendship and shit. No one dies. Everyone lives except for the IoE. The Godhand and apostles all become human again through special behelits.

I can't see Miura going through a grimdark route where Guts defeats the Griffith and the other Godhands and IoE but he loses his sanity and/or his friends all or mostly dead.

>Its too powerful... If I am to defeat it... I must truly become Berserk.

Do we know if Miura's assistant is going to continue Berserk yey?

he was his own assistant user

He made an entire studio with his assistants.

Anyway, probably not.

the idea of based

right, "assisstants"...

FUCK IT

PUT IT IN THE HOLES

THE DICK IS HUMANITY'S GREATEST WEAPON

With a big sword

I mean you just make a point of rebranding it, call it Berserk: ________ and then just make it. You don't pretend like Miura was involved, hell maybe you even have an art style that is considerably different, and you just take any notes and make what can be considered both a conclusion and alternate interpretation.

By swinging harder.