So much great anime, so little time

So much great anime, so little time.

Attached: 1651188930505.jpg (600x450, 27.28K)

Other urls found in this thread:

myanimelist.net/anime/1034/Ouritsu_Uchuugun__Honneamise_no_Tsubasa
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>So much great anime

Now think of all the people binging the latest flavor of the month seasonal show instead of catching up to the classics, they are wasting the precious time on Nagatoro. Think of them and pity them.

It's absolutely true but prepare to get a thread full of jaded contrarian haters who've grown bored of actually watching anime.

there is nothing wrong with watching new and/or popular anime

You won't need more than 2 years max to watch the less than 50 great anime that exist

It's the same as people who watch whatever is trending on twitter Invincible, Squid Game, Parasite, Arcane, Rick and Morty.

I sometimes get that dread about the great movies, games, and books I'll never have the time to properly discover and enjoy. Never about anime.

>50 great anime
The 50 great anime (anime you would rate a 10/10 or 9/10) would differ from person to person and you usually need tp watch 10 shows to find one of them on average, this is if you know what to look for, it might be 20 or 30 if you are just watching whatever.

Arcane, Squid Game, Parasite, and the first two seasons of Rick and Morty are actually good though.

>Now think of all the people binging the latest flavor of the month seasonal show instead of praying to Allah, they are wasting the precious time on Nagatoro. Think of them and pity them.

why are anons so demoralized.
according to sturgeon's law, since we all know you faggots just love that one, there's roughly 1,500 titles worth seeing. even if you bump that to 99% than that's still about 150 titles which is still a fuckload. also this number will only grow because more and more anime gets made and more old stuff gets translated. it'd take you a while to piece together all the things worth seeing.

How do I stop being lazy and start reading?

>150 titles that are not shit
This doesn't mean they are good just that they are not shit, they might be meh which is sometimes just as bad as shit

>a show about the "lore" of some assfaggots characters
Huh, no thanks.
>Netflix gook ripoff with an implausible plot
Overrated trash.
>Hollywood friendly foreign oscar bait with some virtue signalling social commentary
Okay but not deserving of all the praise.
>Some faggot western cartoon with vomit inducing art and nerdy humor
Surely you jest?

>they might be
>might
key word

I have four different shows I'm watching currently and it feels like my body has been split into four pieces because of it. Anime is unironically a huge factor in my recent desire to try and manage my time more intelligently.
These people are psychotic and I don't understand why they're here.

if you really don't think there's that many great anime you need to watch more fucking anime.

>so much great anime
Name 20 that aren't popular

Hard mode: no shorts

popular in what way? there's great anime that are beloved on Yea Forums but the average person won't know about or care for without doing further digging.

>so much great anime
>such as?
>Haha not gonna spoonfeed you just trust me dude.

watch more anime, I mean that genuinely

Less than 20k ratings on mal.

you asked for too many

I just realized that this is an extremely low bar
myanimelist.net/anime/1034/Ouritsu_Uchuugun__Honneamise_no_Tsubasa
Make it 10k

>so much great anime
>20 is too many

why use mal for popularity anyway. that's like taking an IQ survey at a special ed school

Because he said
>the average person won't know about

umi no triton, yuusha raideen
zanbot 3, daitarn 3, first gundam, ideon, xabungle, dunbine, l-gaim, zeta gundam, gundam zz, gyakushuu no char, gundam f91, victory gundam, garzey no tsubasa, brain powerd, turn a gundam, king gainer, rean no tsubasa, g no reconguista

mah mecha

Theirs not that many. It's not like literature where 3000 years of monkeys on typewriters have pumped out a whole menagerie of bangers. The mediums only been around for a few decades. Watching all the great anime is in fact perfectly achievable and with time to spare to watch all the good anime too.

>garzey no tsubasa
>gundam zz,
>turn a gundam

>few decades
No wonder you think there isn't that much good anime, you can't count.

And you can't read apparantly.

Takarajima, Angel Cop, Midnight Eye Goku, Detonator Orgun, Getter Robo Armageddon, Genma Taisen, Votoms, Giant Robo, Bt'X , Darkside Blues, Fatal Fury, Little Nemo, Tiger Mask 2, Patlabor new ova, Teito Monagatari, The Hakkenden, Captain Taylor, Gosenzo-sama, Battle Royal Highschool.

>doesn't acount for the exponential increase in human population and generated works.
Absolute retard.

Not really unless you're just wasting time. There's like an average 1-2 worthwhile shows per season.

What exponential increase in population?

>would differ from person to person
If you believe that all are equal or that no show is better than the other and you just have to find the ones you personally like, sure. But I believe there are certain titles that are of the highest quality in the medium. You watch them and you're done. Obviously you will not enjoy all of them and you might find something outside of this list that you'll like a lot. But no matter how much you enjoy your Harry Potters and your Twilights, it doesn't make them better than Kafka's or Dostoevsky's works.

Being contrarian is not a substitute for an actual personality. Disliking popular things does not make you interesting.

>Wings of Honneamise
There's a low bar alright.

Can people even remember most of the things they watched? I can't remember in detail stories from 2 years ago even

The fact that the population increases exponentially. Which of these words don't you understand?

That's not a fact, that's something you made up.

i can't remember in detail stories from 2 weeks ago

Imagine thinking this is something I feel strongly about, expressing my "personality" through disliking current popular thing. Maybe stop having shit taste and defending mediocrity.

Start here

Attached: b6c81a4929439b261af8bd73844ef164.jpg (889x1657, 344.01K)

These. I autistically right down the anime and some movies I watched and the dates I watched them in my own offline version of MAL with links to IMDb to find recommendations and relations but my short and long term memory is shot to pieces. I can't even recall the names of the characters of the episode I watched yesterday. Old age and dementia is a bitch.

>Toy ads
>Toy ads
>Toy ads

says a lot when all it takes is a toy ad to be better than your favorite garbage

>I can't even recall the names of the characters of the episode I watched yesterday
same except i'm not even old

You can fuck yourself with a rusty knife if you think I'm about to waste even half a second on French films

Spend less time on tiktok read more boks

>not watching french cinema
Fucking pleb

Attached: mepris-le-webOfficialStill2.jpg (1920x1080, 344.75K)

That doesn't mean shit for artistic quality. Saturated market and accessibility arguably cheapen artistic output. Cultural milieu is also an important factor.

Filtered

Attached: lesamourai.jpg (800x431, 26.1K)

>he doesn't watch both new and old series to have a nuanced take on the evolution of the medium over time
>he watches anime at all instead of reading manga

Attached: 1651261286369.png (500x666, 499.55K)

godard is fucking terrible when you're over the age of 15

i don't spend any time on tiktok

Masterful pretentious chart bait, I'll give an exception for Possession but only because Adjani's performance as a mental case is one of the greats

Unlike pretentious faggots like you I value entertainment over bragging about how good my taste is and none of those look entertaining so I'll pass.

The only filter is the one you need to put on your respirator before watching one of those abominations so the scent doesn't assault you through the screen

That would be 15 titles, user.

not 99% of 1,500 my based retard friend

user...

all shit

you haven't watched them

Le Smaourai is vastly entertaining though. It's tense like a good Hollywood thriller. 7 Smaurai has great battle scenes, you are judging something you know nothing about.

99% of 1500 is 15

The only drawback of manga is that current long running ones suffer from pacing issues, author fatigue, editor meddling, breaks, the author fucking dying from a heart implosion, etc. Some people just prefer the "finished" package of a produced anime, even if sometimes it's just a glorified advertisement for the source material.

your math is spot on however your reading comprehension needs work

He was trying to say "if you take off 99%" which would be 15 of 1,500 (1%).

because I know they are shit