5cm/s

How is this guy still not over a middle school crush?

Attached: 5-centimeters-per-second-2007-ending-1024x576.jpg (1024x576, 80.78K)

Because he's retarded.

Childhood friend as well as different cultures were dating wasn't common and people expected to marry their first girlfriend.

It's love

Nah it was the emotion he felt during their first kiss, not the actual girl, in fact he even forgot what she looks like

im jealous with him tbdesu
meanwhile my first girlfriend married to some random salaryman she met in her college.
here i am, on mid 30s, alone, sad, and the only attachment i got in this world is from 3 viewer indie japanese vtuber girl that pretend she cares about me because i give her 100$ every week.
maybe ill rope one day.

Attached: 1651245589698.jpg (682x1024, 88.3K)

Middle school me couldn't get over this ending for months. It felt like my mind was stuck at that crossing. Maybe part of it still is. Limerence is a hell of a drug.

user..I hope you're just saying that to get this (You) out of me. Don't give random ass eWhores your money for the love of God.

Attached: 1617054042435.jpg (680x680, 76.85K)

>indie japanese vtuber girl that pretend she cares about me because i give her 100$ every week.
Shit man you could at least spend that on a 10/10 cosplayer whore you can actually fuck.

Once again proving that it's better to never experience love/sex than to experience it and then lose out on it.

If that was true then his ex would be a pathetic wreck as well.

Women get over their exes faster.

yeah how haha
thats totally doesnt happen right? ha...ha..

Attached: 1643831860641.jpg (500x740, 93.28K)

When Women dump a guy they usually have a back up or another guy they're eyeing up ready to go.

he did though

Makoto Shinkai actually wrote another novel telling the story from the other side. Akari's perspective when they were young, Takaki's perspective after he moved to the Tanegashima, and switched back and forth between the two in the third chapter.

They actually got over it shortly after that night in Iwafune. When they kissed Akari realized it was never meant to be. Takaki struggled to keep the letters interesting and noticed Akari's letters did the same. He was actually relieved that the letters stopped.

He wasn't fake texting her when he moved to Tanegashima, he was trying to recall weird dreams.

In the final chapter it turned out his job and relationship just sucked.

Well, that's an improvement from the bitter disappointment his life was portrayed as in the movie.

Been a while since I read it but he was good at his job until he got assigned to a project known to burn people out which ended up doing him in as well. After he quit and dumped Risa he just wandered. It was by coincidence he crossed the same tracks at the end and thought of Akari then.

Wow, that turned out far more boring a story.
>turns out your female childhood friend whom you thought you held a deep personal connection with don't actually think much about you once you both move out far away
>you engage in wierd subcultures and practices during your teen years
>your job suck and your can't feel much of a connection with women you meet in your 20s
Sounds exactly like my life desu

Wow, sounds like the exact situation I'm in right now.

Like Shinkai himself said, it's not really a romance film. It's quite literally a collection of stories about physical and emotional distances. What they had was real but so was the distance between them. It wasn't shown who stopped writing first because it didn't matter. They had simply drifted too far apart. By the time they "see each other" as adults, they're basically two complete strangers.

Just to add to the other user's comments about the light novel:
Yeah their names were directly never brought up again by either of them in their monologues after the first arc. It turns out that Takaki can barely even recall what Akari looks like. In his dreams, he has a girl accompanying him as he watches the sunrise on the alien planet but she's neither Kanae nor Akari. In other words he never longed for Akari, but an an idealized version of someone he thought he ought to have. It's this idealization that plagues him throughout much of his teenage years.

Fast forward a decade and Takaki is a (pretty successful) programmer in Tokyo but his awful relationship and work life makes him think about "the girl who told him he's going to be alright" and then we arrive at the train scene where "seeing her" for the last time helped to nudge him back on track. He's able to fully shed whatever baggage he's been carrying and live positively.

>your can't feel much of a connection with women you meet in your 20s
That was unfortunately a side effect of frequently moving around because of his dad's work. Going new places he got used to not connecting knowing it was going to change soon.

The entire point of that montage is that he ultimately chooses to move on from his first love.

I'm in my thirties and didn't get over my middle school crush. It's the only time in my life I ever fell in love with someone.

>It wasn't shown who stopped writing first because it didn't matter

I know it doesn't matter but I was still curious who. After reading "one more side" I want to believe it was Akari. That's not something one would say if they themselves chose to not reply

>That's not something one would say if they themselves chose to not reply

*Being relieved they stopped is not something one would say if they stopped replying. Fuck me I'm typing like a retard today.

Because then the plot of the movie wouldn't work.

The entire dating strategy of women is that they've always got an orbiter.

>Like Shinkai himself said, it's not really a romance film. It's quite literally a collection of stories about physical and emotional distances.
Alright, but isn't it meant to be bittersweet? An appreciation of the impermanence of beautiful things, symbolized by the cherry blossoms? I don't see the sweet part, only the bitter. I don't see how he'll be able to move on from realizing the reason of his emotional detachment and knowing it doesn't get better from there on. It's just depressing as fuck to me, but overall opinions tend to be that no, it's bittersweet because he's able to heal and move forward now.

Attached: 1514769072643.jpg (1012x1324, 290.16K)

sounds like massive whitewashing mental gymnastic to make Akari less of a heartless cunt.

FUCK OFF, SHE WAS PERFECT.

The pussy was just that good.

Had a gf in highschool until my family moved out of state, the next time I saw her was over a decade later and she was sitting in a courtroom with 2 mullato goblins and her nigger boyfriend was on the stand being charged with possession of CP and aggravated battery with great bodily harm. (I was at court because I'm a bail bondsman and one of our clients was in the same courtroom that day.) Glad I dodged that bullet.

Autism. Many such cases.

this

This. Japan got westernized hard.

Why couldn't they be friends? :(

Only men know what real love is. YWNBAW

Does it end at the crossing like the movie? The manga has an extra chapter from the second girls perspective

Great movie, I wish it lasted 30 more minutes. Shinkai's best.

Yeah it ends there. But it confirms it really was Akari at the crossing and not some random woman or his imagination.

Haha imagine peaking at middle school haha

King, please, you are more worth these 100USD you pay these ethots. Use these 100 USD to change your life! Fuck a random scort every month or go out and do shit with that money. I was KHV at 28, until I said fuck the World and my life did a 180 turn. These 100 you invest in tots can change your simp life

damn, hardcore story t b h

It's sweet because precisely because he realized he was going to be alright. Yeah... it's one of those scenes where you have to 'get it' to really get it. Kind of silly.

what book is this?
this isnt the manga right?

Bland cliché. Nice background visuals. MC is a permacuck mentally. 2nd segment tomboy should've won, but they never do.

Attached: one-more-side.png (752x1004, 300.24K)

I literally have not seen the only girl I ever kissed in almost 5 years and I still think about her every day. Being prone to oneitis is shit in a world where everyone expects you to whore around

Sad thing is MC wasn't even thinking about the girl. He had an oneitis though, a fantasized version of her that no other girl could compare to and so he never took any relationships he developed later on seriously. Life sucks and sometimes you just have to let go.

I hate this catchphrase. Imagine not peaking ever. Just wageslave until you die.

I can relate to this. I still havent watched this one but I watched your name which essentially reaffirms thesis Houellebecq (famous french writer) put forward.
Actual love is rare these days because it requires great deal of naiveté and ability to delude yourself (which people dont have anymore because they pair up late and not early anymore) to project idealized version of man/woman onto your partner.

Yep, this generation of anime watchers literally don't get this movie because of what you described. Times change.

Can't relate, except for the time I had to be pulled aside by a girls' friend in school to stop trying to "hit" on her friend because I was creeping her out.

Are you guys all women? How fucking sensitive are you? Are you men or women? You get teary eye about some dude hung up about childhood puppy love? Good grief and I thought Darling in the Franxx apologists were the worst. So sick of this tripe movie getting threads here. I swear I've seen this story in Sailor Moon episodes and done much better without the 1 hour time sink.

oh right
thanks mate

I have a feeling it would have been the same way even if I stayed with her. I just avoided being a cuck by providence.

better question
what moves at 5 cm a second?

my DICK thrushing in your MOM
lmao ded & owned xxDDD

me when im reaching for the remote to turn off this shit

Any other (good) romance movie/series that doesnt fall into meme japanese comedy skits and such? I can only remember this and Only Yesterday that try to be somehow realistic