Why have One Piece sales declined so much?

Why have One Piece sales declined so much?

Attached: wan piss sales.png (658x962, 860.3K)

Who cares? Are you a japanese manga sales consultant? Focus on the actual content instead of the boring numbers.

Sales only matter if something is in danger of getting axed. OP is never getting axed so don't worry about sales at all.

Everyone is reading it online because they don't want to buy a manga with 100+ volumes.

ywnbaw

Attached: 1a410.png (1486x660, 628.74K)

Nice cope

who are you talking to?

This is true, and I think a lot of readership has dropped recently. The average One Piece fan is probably 26 or 27 years old, with some outliers in their teens and some 30+ who started long ago.

The average JJK reader is probably more like 17 to 18 on average, with lots of preteens reading it and some boomers like us who read.

The simple fact is the longer One Piece drags on, the less the original fans care since many will end up with wives and children and careers to worry about, and there isn't as many newer people interested in the series as there are older.

Attached: tomato.jpg (1448x2048, 545.77K)

The real question is: Why were they ever that high to begin with?

1250 days

i really dont give a shit i dont make money out of it.

Is that how long Wano's been going on? Frankly, seems longer to me.

yes. oda has released about 150 chapters and togashi 0. keep waiting though, we're all here for you

Why would Togashi release Wanpiss chapters?
I get that you're desperate for some other author to take up the mantle and turn Wanpiss into something that's actually resembling a proper story, but demandng that Togashi do it seems a bit absurd.

Based on?

>The average One Piece fan is probably 26 or 27 years old

the only people still following One Piece are people in their 30s 40s. these people were reading/watching One Piece in its heyday during Alabasta, Water 7 etc. Remember Water 7 was already 17 years ago. lol

Attached: dfdfdfled.jpg (777x434, 105.66K)

Based on dee

Too much embarrassing japan wank with Wano. Also nips want to see other countries not Japan

Oda being told by his editors to try and introduce more kids so kids will buy the merch is so faggy, the writing has stagnated instead of growing with the readers.

>growing with the readers.
If you keep reading Wanpiss for decades, that means that you're not growing.

I can guarantee I'd beat you in a fight u faggot.

Luffy has a big dick

Case in point.

>water 7 was 17 years ago

Attached: 5314135701694.jpg (512x512, 35K)

because is dogshit??????

Burn out people are ironically over it, naruto and bleach have ended wano is longer than part 1 of naruto the pacing in one piece sucks it's obvious odas prediction of 5 more years left is wrong and one piece has at least another 10-15 years left which would make it the longest running single fictional series in history and people honestly just want to fucking know what the one piece is

>ask sales question
>get all these angry, deflecting, defensive responses
why?

>bait wanpissfags
>get a reaction appropriate for wanpissfags
>WOAH WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU GUYS???
Retard.

Because since the timeskip the mood of the series has changed and the designs have become too goofy and too ridiculous to be taken seriously.

Just look at Big Mom, who the fuck is scared of that fat ugly cow? If a villain is not intimidating, it takes all the tension and interest from the plot.

The entire Whole Cake Island saga was cringey as fuck, Oda has gone overboard with his goofy designs, before timeskip those were a minority, nowadays it feels like we only get 1 good character design for every 100 looney toons crap characters.

>OP sales good
“BEST SERIES EVER DA GOATTT FUCK YOU”
>op sales declining…
“why do you care? It’s not important at all…”

Nigger, WCI is one of the few rays of light in the dark sea of mediocrity that is post timeskip OP.

Because we are in a new generation of japanese manga readers. The average One Piece reader are likely in their 30s/late 20s, new young fans will obviously pick a new hyped series over older hyped series with 1000+ chaps.

Plus while japanese sales are declining, OP sales elsewhere have been growing rapidly (especially in regions such as France)

There will never be a series able to match One piece's longevity.

Wano will kill One Piece for good.

>OP sales elsewhere have been growing rapidly (especially in regions such as France)
Oh? How much is it selling there? 500 units per volume per year?

Attached: FNKosRqWYAUyana.jpg (1200x675, 179.38K)

People are finally getting tired of it.

Damn. France is more retarded than I'd thought.

No king rules forever my son.

I find it pretty funny that the new gen of shonen stars are obsessed with comparing themselves with One Piece. Like KnY or JJK fans can't shut up about how their sales topple OP's.

Just massive insecurity complex because try as they might, the time of cultural phenomenon in manga is over. The industry is now too big, too worldwide. Oh there will be manga that outsells OP, some maybe even by a lot, but there will never be another Big 3, with all that it entais, and a million more sales on each volume won't change that.

Attached: brook puff.gif (434x396, 3.74M)

>but there will never be another Big 3
Never is a long time

>ask a genuine question
>fans sperg out like manchildren
Dumbass

>mention KnY
>"the time of cultural phenomenon in manga is over"

user, I..........

LOL

Attached: tanjiro defeats mothers.jpg (2016x1482, 492.42K)

But user, I need to see how it ends, that's the only reason I keep going. If I knew it would go on for this long back in 2004, I would have avoided it.

That's just sales, not culture. Never read KnY, I don't know how good it is, I'm sure on some measure it's deserved, but some things are just dug too deep to be driven out by anything but time.

That guy is right, never may be too much of a strong word, but until the manga industry completely forget about OP, which at this point might only happens in the XXIst century with several nuclear blasts, you're just not going to be able to drive it out. Not even if you have the better story, the better anime, and the biggest sales. Some things just have roots too deep.

To give another example, Marvel won the current cape comic showdown with the Avengers, and their movies makes probably ten times what DC's movies make. But Superman is still the prime superhero. It's not necessarily fair but that's how it is.

>how it ends
It won't end. Ever. It'll even survive Oda.

So this... is the retardation power of One Piece fags... not bad...

Thank you, Macron.

>But Spiderman is still the prime superhero.
FTFY

Superman and even Batman fall short of Spiderman, as has been the case for years.

What do the nips think of OH MY CHOSEN ONE DEVIL FRUIT?

Do they generally like or agree that Oda is a hack?

You got btfo in the other thread, did you get that triggered?

Nobody buys OP volumes because it's 20 years old and 100+

It still has massive readership and popularity, check 2ch, Twitter, plebbit, etc. The chapter trends every week. The leaks scans are by far the most popular from TCB. Shuiesha has srill openly shills it online and on the front of the mag. The manga itself literally has never been more popular

>Quality declines.
>Sales decline.
It is not rocket science.

Wanpiss' quality was always low.
Sales weren't. That's the big mystery.

So fishman island was the best arc? That's where the sales peaked.

WCI has a lot of cool designs actually

Man, I remember when I told myself "Well, Fishman arc was pretty weak, but I am sure it can only go upwards from here on."

Not all of them liked the Toon shit and the fruit being retconned.

Why do nips love Demon Slayer so much?? Serious question. I read it, and it's totally fine, but it doesn't stand out compared to other shonen

There's a lag between series quality and volume sales. Sales peaked in Fishman Island because it was most popular in Marineford. Another way to put it would be to say sales tanked during Fishman Island and never really recovered.

>Marineford was peak so the Fishman Island was the best selling.
>Fishman Island was bad so the sales declined for Punk Hazard.
>Punk Hazard was bad so the sales declined for Dressrosa.
>Dressrosa was so bad the sales dropped off a cliff for Zou.
>Whole Cake Island was not very bad so the sales only declined a little for Wano.
Cannot wait to see the massive drop after Wano, Oda might rush the ending because of it.

>Cannot wait to see the massive drop after Wano, Oda might rush the ending because of it.
All the Wano chapters could be cut by at least a third and nothing would be lost.
It introduced hundreds of pointless characters and dozens of 'who cares' plot points into the story.

Big 3 is a exclusive murican concept and doesn't exist in the other countries. Litteraly a meaningless title for nostalgia shonentards in nothingburgerland.

They were tired of Wano

never read OP
art looks like shit

What's worse is that it manages to forget characters like Tashigi and Sentomaru, who would fit in that arc. Not to mention Zoro the samurai not getting focus or enough sword fight....in an island full of swordmasters

Taisho wank is preferable to samurai wank, I guess?

>Tokyo Ravengers
Sounds more interesting than the shit story they're actually buying.

The only arc in this story that ever impressed me was Water 7. Everything has been purely downhill from there. And goddamn, Haki is so dumb.
>Suddenly introduces a brand new power system after not mentioning it for years, audience is somehow expected to believe he didn't pull it out of his ass
It's just as awful as fullbring shit.

Attached: 1335908901712.jpg (404x363, 15.04K)