One Piece: Marineford Motivations

Okay, so this was a pretty influential arc in One Piece that changed the landscape and pillars of power like nothing before it. But we still aren't 100% sure of the motivations of some of the major parties involved around the edges of the conflict.

Whitebeard Pirates and most of the Luffygumi: Save Ace.

The Marines and most of the Shichibukai: Fight off the Whitebeard Pirates and the Luffygumi to they don't stop Ace's execution.

Kaido: What the fuck was he doing going to intercept Whitebeard? To help him or attack him?

Shanks: Why did he route Kaido? Where did he do this?

Attached: One_Piece_DVD_14.jpg (265x375, 29.04K)

>Kaido: What the fuck was he doing going to intercept Whitebeard? To help him or attack him?
Help him

>Shanks: Why did he route Kaido? Where did he do this?
He wanted the fake Joyboy (Ace) to die

Reminder that Shanks defeated Kaido without taking a single wound himself.
>b-but
Cope.

>reminder that [headcanon]

Or he told him that Ace wasn't Joyboy and to just go home as the real Joyboy wasn't ready yet. At this point Shanks didn't know Luffy was at Marineford.

Attached: EXwm0zR.jpg (862x759, 373.28K)

ace the best character!

Attached: 831xtzF.jpg (480x480, 46.28K)

Kaido just wants a grand stage to die a cool death and watch everything burn, the war sounded like the place to be.
Shanks routed him because he plays mediator all the time and Kaido being at Marineford would have made it a disaster.

Kaido would have likely helped him since it was the grand scale war he wanted. Shanks knew two yonkou teaming up to fight the marines would have caused unfixable damage to the world so he stopped Kaido

Shanks is evil

Can you imagine Whitebeard going nuts with the Gura Gura and Kaido in his Blue Dragon form?

Then again, Kaido killed Oden...

Marineford would have been so chaotic if the Beast Pirates showed up...

If it was Whitebeard, Kaido, and Shanks (and their crews) versus the Marines and Seven Warlords... that would have been the final battle right there.

Kaidou was trying to finish his Royal flush.
Jack, King, Queen and he was just missing the Ace.
He likely wanted to recruit him possibly using his participation in the rescue as leverage. Maybe he believed he could have been Joyboy due to being Roger's son.

Kaido wanted to fight Whitebeard before he died, and then he wanted to kill Joyboy Ace himself. Shanks told Kaido the real Joyboy wasn't Ace and teleported him out of the way with Lucky Roo's fruit.

Why would Kaido help him?

It's just some random name dropping with zero consequence to the story bro do you even wanpiss

Do you?

Cope.

JOINmato

Attached: 1651069711621.jpg (1141x714, 173.39K)

Film: Red.
August 6th.

Attached: de13bz4-caf6bdda-c320-44da-af76-e00201532894.jpg (1080x995, 190.63K)

I still can't believe that 10 years later people still think that Shanks actually fought Kaido

Croc really is Luffy's mom

Attached: 1597446991397.jpg (735x831, 69.92K)

>Kaido: "you forced me to use it my awakening"
>Instantly oneshots Luffy
>Raid Failed
>End of Act 3

Blond Ace is shit

Nobody cares anymore. Uta ruined it.

I want her to sit on my face

Ayo this shit is peak fiction

Today, I will remind them.

Attached: 1620891300760.png (677x1070, 552.48K)

That sounds like the pajeet, you know the one.

Wano is forever, forever

>the chapter will be luffy's really big fist knocking Kaido out
>everyone on Onigashima will witness it somehow
>luffy will still be in the sky
>the lanterns will reach him and cast a huge shadow of him into the clouds
>everyone on Wano will see the Nika silhouette

this shit is so predictable at this point lol
>luffy and I will have to think of something!!
btw

Attached: file.png (498x498, 294.18K)

One Piece barely have fights

JACK
JAAAAAACK
GET UP JACK, IT'S TIME FOR AN INTERMISSION
THERE'S ALWAYS AN INTERMISSION BETWEEN ACTS, JACK
THAT MEANS YOU CAN GO TAKE A WEE AND HAVE A SNACK
BRING BE A BURRITO

Attached: Le Kaido.png (1359x893, 872.73K)

What even is a Zoan awakening anyway? The jailer beasts just looked and acted like beasts. If the awakening is just going full retard + stats boost then why is Luffy's fruit a Zoan at all?

Jailer Beasts were so fucking irrelevant during Impel Down, faggots obsess over them for no reason

I hope Oda actually retcons them being awakened Zoans because if that's all it is, then its pretty pathetic

Are you retarded?

Maybe because the Jailer Beasts had regular zoans while Luffy's fruit allows him to retain human intelligence?
Chopper original Monster Point left him retarded because he achieved it through rumble balls, which just mess with his transformations rather than allowing him to reach true Awakening

>1 year and 4 months for Act 4
>6 months for Act 5

Attached: 1630448998076.png (460x484, 417.46K)

Artificial awakening or some shit.

I think theres another level to this
>Kaidos knocked through Onigashima and lands smack dab in the middle of the festival, creating a hole in the ground reminiscent of the hole he made in his first appearance
>Emerges beaten down but still blood thirsty
>Luffy loses G5
>Wanonese flee in terror as the light in the skies fade, and dawn approaches
>Momo berates the Wanonese for running and commands everyone who can fight, even a little, to jump Kaido
>They hesitate until Momo puts his foot down and gives a big motivational speech
>Kaido finishes resting up and attempts to fly back up to finish Luffy
>Wanonese jump Kaido and beat him down enough for base form Luffy to fly down and knock his ass out

>Two more years in Wano

I cant...

WHERE ARE THE SPOILERS.
YOU FAGGOT SAID REDON HAS IT. HE DOESNT EVEN HAVE IT.

>Kaido with skin so tough most fighters can't even bruise him
>he thinks some random citizens beating Kaido makes any sense
Retard

The whole Joyboy shit got dropped really quick.

Dropped?

Kaido is a Joyboyfag, he probably learned about Ace being Roger's son and wanted to save him to keep the Joyboy dream alive. Shanks knew full well Ace wasn't Joyboy because he invested entirely on Luffycoin so he only intervened after Ace died and Luffy was in danger.

Rodent sucks

CoC armor makes Kaido’s skin tough, retard, the scales the fighters kept referring to weren’t his literal dragon scales
If he’s temporarily too weak to use Haki or his DF properly, the citizen’s have a pretty good chance of scoring some hits on him

>headcanon

Black Bear will appear at Reverie to enslave more princess and princes. screencap this

Read slower and maybe you’ll stop saying retarded shit
CoC as armor is a thing

wasn't around here when I first read this chapter, how did people react when luffy jobbed again?

Attached: Screenshot 2022-04-29 at 18.15.36.png (1072x1178, 738.77K)

Laughter.

No retard

Does Tama's ass taste like kibi dango too?

>RAID FUCKING FAILED MORJ WAS RIGHT
>No retards this isn't it
>t. Morj
>But why didn't we see it happen?!?! Oda better fucking show us a flashback NO TENSION this isn't what the pajeet wanted HACKDA

>People still think that jailer beasts mean anything
Why are One Piece fans this retarded?

Kaido has stated that he wants a world war. Marineford would have been the beginning of one if Shanks hadn't stopped it. Shanks prevented Kaido and Blackbeard from throwing the world into chaos before Luffy finds the One Piece.

>Wano is too long
>Nakamafags
>Just finish this already
>Raid failed
>ZKK

Basically, everything that you read in these threads right now

pretty much

Here's what happened with Yamato's introduction:

Oda had her planned since Alabasta, Thriller Bark and Kaido's first mention (Ace's vivre Card, chapter 489, and Kaidu the mongol and his warrior daughter). However Naito prevented Oda from showing her earlier, convincing him that it would surprise people and that it would be great to reveal her face in chapter 984, the opposite of chapter 489 when Brook joined and Ace's vivre card became a plot point, due to number autism. Naito had ulterior motives, he was really trying to sabotage Yamato to favor Kekrot. Naito then went on to rig the poll for Carrot when his plan didn't work in hopes of changing Oda's mind, and when he realized it might have been too obvious he botted Nami twice as hard to deflect attention from his shit furry waifu. Rigging the poll had the opposite effect and Oda took it upon himself to delete Carrot from the manga in order to teach Naito a lesson.
Naito didn't learn his lesson and out of petty revenge he still pays Carrot shills to derail all anime forums that talk about One Piece. Be it in Japanese or in other languages. They coordinate through discord and other means.

Thankfully Megumi Ishitani, Ryota Nakamura and Tatsuya Nagamine are here to correct Naito's mess.

Luffy, Kaido, Whitebeard,(Shanks), crocodile, Doflamingo, Moria, Buggy, Travestite, etc.

Vs

Kizaru, Akaijnu, Frozone, Blackbeard, Kuma, Mihawk, Garp, Sengoku, Smoker

This fight would be bigger than boahankocks farts BRAAAAAAAAP

compare this to crocodile, no steaks

I'd have put money on the Pirates over the Marines with 7 Warlords... depending on which side Garp decided to fight for.

I swear this mother fucker is a double agent since day one... and he's strong as fuck. I know a lot of it is the "hero of the marines" wankery, but him siding with the Roger Pirates was enough for them to defeat the Rocks Pirates at God Island. It appears he's on at least the same level as Prime Roger and Prime Whitebeard. Now that he's old he's probably at least as strong as a Yonko.

Attached: redon.png (602x301, 200.26K)

Garp is the leader of Sword with Sengoku. Drake and the pink haired guy are trained to become sword agents. Also doflamingos brother was part of it