Have you ever tried watching anime with your family?

I did
>Thus spoke Kishibe Rohan
with my parents (in PT-BR)
they thought it to be bizarre

Attached: 1651181720926.jpg (2048x1152, 414.54K)

Other urls found in this thread:

landofobscusion.blogspot.com/2016/02/the-golden-age-of-jump-part-2-2500000.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

My entire family died in a car accident on my birthday

Together? No. But I went through the trouble of downloading german subbed Monster for my mom. She enjoyed it.

Watched Madoka with my sister back in 2012. She liked it. Still thinks back on it fondly, despite not becoming a big anime person after the fact.

I watch anime with the family often. Right now, I'm visiting my mom weekly to watch Tiger and Bunny 2 with her. She loved the first season a decade ago.

I watched Demon Slayer with my brother that's 15 years younger than me, he's at the age where he's getting into shounen so it was pretty chill. I've seen him watching stuff like Death Note and JJK when I've gone to visit him too

why did you do it? what were you hoping to achieve?

The sheer amount of panty shots, dense MCs and coom baiting renders anime completely unwatchable with friends or family.

completely depends on the anime you watch
>Kaiji
>Monster
>anything Ghibli
>Detective Conan
>SxF
>91 Days
>Gungrave
etc
list goes on and on, all suitable to watch without the usual stuff you mentioned

My parents have a vague but tainted prejustice view of anime, like it's either 70s Speed Racer tier garbage or hentai and nothing inbetween.

Attached: download441.jpg (1000x731, 82.69K)

Yes I watch Lupin III and Conan with my mom from time to time.

My dad liked speed racer and he kind of liked Spike in Cowboy Bebop. Most stuff is just too weird for him outside of stuff like that though.

They hated being around you that much? Damn dude...

Yeah actually my mom loved ousama ranking

all of those have anime things in them, you know what I'm talking about, shit Yea Forumsnons may pretend is selling point but in actuality is absolute garbage we internally censor ourselves out of shows, shit we needed years to grow to understand why it's even there despite making everything infinitely worse.

I can imagine most moms and people in general enjoying that. Its closer to a disney movie than most animes really.

>all of those have anime things in them
yeah, they're anime
and the titles I listed are pretty minimal on the "garbage", as you put it. And not really that much different from modern movies or tv shows like capeshit or disney movies, which "normal" people enjoy

I watched kizumonogatari with my dad years ago. He liked it

kill yourself

Based mom. I'm going to watch it with mine soon too.

Females love that trash show because the irredeemable woman character somehow ended up the queen of a fucking kingdom, instead of dying like she deserved.

>because the irredeemable woman
Wrong, they love it because it's a sausage fest.

Used to as a kid and as a teen. Then my family got more and more close-minded (in a weird, nationalistic way).
That's adorable. I'm jealous.

Or maybe it's just charming

My mom is a huge speed racer fan so we watch that together and we watched some movies too like Your name and a silent voice. Ironically her favorite speed racer media is the american movie though.

Don't be so reasonable.

Um, no, they still think all anime is Speed Racer.

Nah, when i was a kid i watched DBZ, Sailor Moon, Saint Seiya, Pokemon, Digimon, etc and my parents just saw the TV for like 2 minutes and just didn't know what to think about it

Though my mom was pretty cool because she played Mario Kart and Smash 64 with my brother and i

I watched spirited away with my mom when I was younger

Caught my mom watching Witch Hunter Robin on Adult Swim, so we’d set some time in the morning to watch the episodes that aired at the time before work/school.

What makes it so harw for these old people to get anime? It's no different than any show or cinema it's just animated

Attached: Saizen-HnG_Ashita_no_Joe_-_69_DVDB4E65E1B1.png (640x480, 146.13K)

A lot of retarded people seem to be turned off by anything animated. It doesn't afflict only old people.

watched the first three episodes of bebop with my dad on new years' because we were both being antisocial numbskulls and didn't have anyone around

got to the one with the dog and both of us were bored out of our minds

still looks pretty and everything but is a lot better of a watch with headphones on

Attached: disgust_spike.png (220x225, 82.3K)

hollywood effectively convinced america that "animated = kids stuff" like a 100 years ago

Used to watch db and Fullmetal Alchemist 03 with my mom. Good times :-)

We usually watch movies together so we have to choose one for everybody. But sometimes one of us chooses just for them-self; I chose Rohan since it's shorter and because I hadn't watched it yet.

cousin got me to watch the death note movie before i'd actually seen death note, it was about as terrible as you'd think but he thought it was awesome

The only anime my Mom ever followed were Ruroni Kenshin and Inuyasha.

She knows about other anime, but has a dull view of most of them.

do you have one like pic related?

Attached: thing.jpg (975x975, 30.16K)

i took my dad to go see only yesterday when it was playing in a theater in the area and he really loved it. he also really liked on-gaku due to being a musician i guess

To be fair Kenshin is peak anime really. But I don't know how a femoid can connect with it

"Too weird" (even when it's something that really isn't hard to follow), aversion to subtitles, not wanting to watch something that isn't on the TV among other things

Why? Kenshin had and still has a huge female fandom. It's pretty boys fighting against each other, why wouldn't they like it?

Tried to show FMA 03 to my uncle because he seemed to love stuff like Kill Bill and he fucking got up and left not even halfway through the first episode. I know it was the Father Cornello ep and all, but I'll never forget how much of a dick move it was.

The only anime my mom has ever liked was 3x3 eyes.

And it was even designed with girls/women in mind

>Mixing together a lot of historically-accurate environments, events, & even people, though with some artistic liberties taken, obviously, with tense action & memorable original characters (some based on actual people of the time), the manga found a strong audience & became a reliable back-up to the biggest names as the Golden Age came to its end. Another strong appeal was in Watsuki's drawing style, which aimed to appeal to women as well as men, similar to what Masami Kurumada did in the late-70s & throughout the 80s. In fact, Rurouni Kenshin is generally considered the manga that lead Shueisha's (somewhat) impetus to bring in more artists that drew in a more female-friendly style, leading some people to nickname that style of manga "Neo-Shonen"; it certainly was a "New" way to look at shonen manga. In fact, when the Golden Age did come to an end, Kenshin became the de facto #1 series in Jump, having to carry the magazine in the tough times that followed for the next few years, though it would eventually end in late 1999 after 28 volumes; naturally, the final chapter got "center color" status

landofobscusion.blogspot.com/2016/02/the-golden-age-of-jump-part-2-2500000.html

That depends, how old were when you told him you wanted to see a fucking Chinese cartoon? In my case, I think she tolerated them because I was a kid, although she seemed to like fma. She still remembers goku and ed.

My mom like fantasy stuff so she end up watching a bunch of isekai trash and shonen shit that have basic magic stuff like fairy tails. The only thing she don't like about those anime are the fact the girl have big tits and would like flatter girls.

They're also retards who raised a fucking tripfaggot. I feel sorry for them.

I was 12 and I remember him going to the trouble of burning it onto DVD because I was visiting him from overseas. Which is weird because he still didn't bother to sit through it. He liked fantasy like LotR so it wasn't that out of left field. He never brought it up again, either.

I've never sat down and watched a whole film/series with them, but theres been a couple times one of them have joined in for a little while while I'm watching. Saw a bit of Koe no Katachi with my mother (she just had eye surgery and probably couldnt see) and my little sis watched 15ish minutes of dragon dentist with me. Thank god she left right before the spider sex lady showed up

It depends on the person.

My mom has a low opinion of the Yu-Gi-Oh franchise to this day because she watched the Bakura vs Bonz duel and disliked it.

She loathed Bleach and the final Haru vs Pumpkin Doryu fight in the Rave Master manga(when I borrowed that volume from the library) caused her to dislike that series.

It's weird, she never had a problem with Yu Yu Hakusho (it came on before Ruroni Kenshin, which she loved and she watched the entire Dark Tournament without a complaint),some of the demonic looking Digimon throughout the franchise and demon/ undead characters in other series I used to watch.

She followed Inuyasha to the end despite the MC being a demon. The only reason why I started reading the manga was because she never let me watch Inuyasha because it came on late at night.

She also introduced me to the Case Closed manga.

To be fair I had to actively undo the "cartoons = for kids" mentality. I remember one kid at school telling me how cool death note was and so I put it on but 5 minutes in dropped it and was like "I am a grown man I shouldn't be watching cartoons".
1 year later I watched Dragon Ball Z for Nostalgia sake and I was okay with watching it because I was like "I am not seriously watching this it's just for nostalgia" but while watching it i was like "hey the characters and writing in this isn't bad at all" and then I watched Naruto which I really liked and afterwards I felt comfortable watching anime.

If your ENTIRE family died... then how are you posting in this thread?

Black lagoon with my mother
And she unironically loved it

Yeah we watch a lot of cool action shit.
And the occasional 14 year old pantyfest.

Attached: 6fbfa4c34309c4ec8bf852c99258292d.jpg (819x1000, 148.68K)

I wonder how young the anons parents are in this thread, or if the family I was born into is just that shitty

My mom is 52 and my dad is 54. They aren't too big into animation aside from Looney Tunes, Tom and Jerry and the Iron Giant

olá compatriota. só assistia inuyasha com meu irmao na tv globinho na infancia.
queria ter parentes que gostassem das mesmas coisas que eu.

Attached: 277537484_1182139032558619_4129773892105170154_n.jpg (1980x1080, 185.4K)

I wonder if it is the age gap. Mine are the age people my age's grandparents would be.

My mom liked Umaru-chan.

I distinctly remember watching the Ghost in the Shell series and the Apple Seed movies with my Dad as a kid.
I never thought about how strange that might be until now.

Attached: MULTI-TRACK LISTENING [sound=https%3A%2F%2Ffiles.catbox.moe%2Fw098sj.mp3].jpg (540x912, 144.26K)

My first movie in a cinema was spirited away, my dad took me there when I was around six.

That sounds like a fair assessment, i do imagine younger parents may be more into anime

Didn't mean to come off as "these anons must be zoomers" or anything either, I just know that Gen X is more open-minded. Mine are literal boomers and oddly content to not learn about things.

Yeah i understand you user, my cousin is in his 40's and he does love Mazinger Z

Watched HxH, Evangelion and pretty much all Ghibli movies with my sister. Watched Hellsing Ultimate, SNK, Cowboy Bebop, Devilman (both the 80s OVAs and the 2018 anime) and all of Jojo with my lil bro.

True, there hasn't been a western 2d animated movie in decades