One piece

>Fun facts

-Marineford lasted as long as it took Luffy to run up the stairs to meet Kaido
-Wano is as long as part 1 Naruto
-When Wano started, Chainsaw man both started and ended it's manga and anime is about to debut. While Wano's ending is still nowhere in sight

Attached: Screenshot_478.png (1214x683, 682.33K)

so?

>Naruto part 1
Do you mean classic? No way

part 1 was something like 140 chapters? so it may not be off

Wano could've been a solid 8.5/10, but the clowning, the irrelevant characters and subplots reduced it to a 4/10.

Get to the fucking point Oda, you're worse than Ted Mosby.

It's amazing how empty and long Oda's arcs are

While other mangaka in that time can start and end manga filled with development, ended character arcs, worldbuilding ...etc

Why do authors do timeskip?

Attached: ....jpg (152x337, 23.38K)

Rank these characters in order of likelihood of being the new nakama!

Presented in alphabetical order:
>Carrot
>Kin'emon
>Momonosuke
>Tama
>Yamato
>No nakama
>Your wildcard pick

who

Namek lasted 47 chapters. Wano is where? 150? DragonBall and DragonBall z combined lasted 500 chapters. Wano is already 1/5th of all of dragon ball at this point.

Kaido will be the new nakama.
He isn't even invited to join, just sits his ass on the boat and says he is part of the crew now.

Namek's reputation comes from Toei timewasting not so much the manga

When Wano FINALLY ends, will the next arc be about rescuing Sabo, AKA Marineford 2.0?

Attached: 9e6e47391d47ef7f347cf22334dd96f71b01b22er1-540-674v2_uhq.jpg (540x674, 103.18K)

>Marineford lasted as long as it took Luffy to run up the stairs to meet Kaido
Jesus Christ

Monster association arc of One-Punch Man is way longer, it started August 1, 2015.

So people even care about Sabo?

Even in page count?

Continuously one of the most popular characters in the whole series (mostly fujos)

>When Wano FINALLY ends, will the next arc be about rescuing Sabo, AKA Marineford 2.0?

no
It's gonna be Blackbeard jobbing arc. New Marineford arc will be the last arc

Zoro and Sanji are still too weak to face the admirals while they are strong enough to beat Blackbeard's 2 strongest fighters, whoever they are

Attached: NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIMPO.png (2000x740, 3.27M)

>Wano is as long as part 1 Naruto
And way worse in terms of Quality too!

OP used to be fun. It clearly overstayed its welcome. It's like a parody of itself at this point. I'm glad I didn't waste more time with it and dropped it long ago.

The MC of How I Met your Mother. He was suppsosed to be telling his kids how he met their mom, but it kept droning off into subplots about him and his friends' romance drama.

Here's what I'm thinking:
Yamato = No nakama > Momonosuke (would join as a duo with Yamato) >>>>> Tama > Kinemon >>>>> Carrot
I really like Kin and Tama, but I don't see them joining at this point. I respect the Carrotbros who are still hanging on, even if I know they're wrong
As for my wildcard pick, I'm still holding on to the idea of Vivi rejoining, but that would happen after Wano

Attached: sanji smiling.png (583x505, 459.04K)

>No nakama
>Yamato
>Kin'emon
>Momonosuke
>Carrot
>Tama

Wano is so fucking shit it's beyond believe. Can't believe Oda hyped that shit up since punk hazard the pay off isnt worth it not compare Sabaody till Marineford and you might think the author changed.

Oh fuck off. One Piece is still fun
It's true that Wano is long, but people are ignoring that the story is pretty rushed right now and that the author clearly wants to move on to the next thing. Like, two of the central antagonists for the entire story were both defeated in the span of 10 chapters
Anyway where did you leave off? Kinda curious

Attached: 1035-016.jpg (1568x1145, 462.86K)

>the author clearly wants to move on to the next thing
Oda keeps doing filler chapters with the shitty samurai so that doesn't seem true.

You know what's the saddest part?
Some literal who from Alabasta arc had better development during impel down then the supernovas during Wano.
Fucking Drake got written like absolute trash.
Apoo just runs away all the time while also being weak. Never tries to take advantage of the situation or be sneaky.
Hawkins being an absolute cuck.
Then you have the whole Kaido crew who got low to mid diff'd by every fucker and dont get me started on Big mom clownery.
Just a series of underwhelming disappointments.

Fishman Island was also hyped up since water 7, wasn't it? And what a fucking chore of an arc that one was. Too bad wano redeemed it by being even more overhyped and even worse. Think oda tried to outdo kenshin and fucked up while doing so and is now too prideful to let it end?

>that the story is pretty rushed right now
rushed? We're 1000+ chapters in. There's no rushing.
Oda is just not showing anything. All he does is silhuette or off screen.

Tell me why didn't he at least reveal Greenbull's design?
Why is he wasting time recruiting fodder samurai for 2 acts?
Why waste time learning the wrong haki?

Attached: FPNvJN8WYAUgWEo.jpg (719x720, 68.07K)

please do not use my wife to shitpost

>samurai
>filler chapter
Imagine being this retarded
The samurai are the people who are causing this whole conflict to begin with. The Alliance is here to resolve the conflict, but the Samurai are the reason it's happening. No shit the Samurai are going to get some focus
>muh Raizo chapter
1046 was good cause we got to see Jimbei save the day. He just joined and if any Strawhat needs some love right now, it's him

Attached: 1000-012.jpg (784x1145, 197.72K)

The fact that Zoro asspulled ACoC without knowing the concept of ACoA was just asburd.

>Wano is as long as part 1 Naruto
what the fuck

>oda reveals silhouette of random character
>has entire world events happen offscreen and just mentions them in one panel every 5 years
>spends 5 years having samurai side characters nobody cares about do a Scooby-Doo goosechas
OP fans: I read it for the lore

acoc is independent of acoa
please fucking tell me you're not going to do the retarded "acoc and acoa infusion is acoc" nigger screech again

Problem with Wano is that losing has no meaning. You lose fights but the character isnt written off. They always come back like they all Zoan users.
Literally no stakes

>"I'm sorry it took me so long"
Man, maybe instead of running up the stairs, you could've used G4 and just fly up few meters up and they wouldn't be beat up.

The way Oda writes character so retarded in order for the plot to happen.
It's hilariously bad.

Attached: p5yqFaN.png (815x474, 150.4K)

I see dropping one piece and waiting for last arc to be announced to read it in one go was a good decision.

>Yamato
The best overall choice. Great design, unique ability, very popular, powerful enough to be useful but not enough to upset the crew dynamic, explicitly expressed a desire to join... the whole package.
>Carrot
She was a good option during the Whole Cake Island arc, but she hasn't done anything since Wano started. Not really crazy about the design, but she's powerful enough to be a mid-level Strawhat. Dream is kind of vague.
>Tama
Expressed a desire to join, and has a desig/personality that would stand out among the Straw Hats. Her ability is very situational, though, and she'd likely be dead weight most of the time.
>No nakama
We'll probably get one more before the end of the series, but it doesn't have to be one of these.
>Wildcard: Caribou
Not a huge fan of him myself, but he has an interesting logia power that isn't represented in the rest of the crew. Powerful, but not so powerful that he'd never subordinate himself to Luffy, like Law or Drake. He has to do SOMETHING on Wano, I guess.
>Kin'emon
Unlikely to leave Wano again, but he already fits in pretty well with the crew.
>Momonosuke
He missed his chance. It might have made sense as a boy, but by aging into the new Oden, he made it absolutely certain he'll stay on Wano. That's what the whole raid is about, after all.

It allows you to make your characters grow without doing the on screen character development work. Also I wouldn't be surprised if they gave manga a boost in sales. Timeskip are great even if just because of the redesign work.

Fun fact, punk hazard was 10 years ago. We've been waiting for Luffy to beat Kaido for 10 years and we ended up with this circus act

>people are ignoring that the story is pretty rushed right now
That's an even bigger problem. Oda has severe pacing issues if he's made the longest arc to date and still rushing. So much panel time gets wasted on pointless crap like reactions and people running from point a to point b instead of on character development, introducing new characters properly, fights or backstories. We don't need to see Luffy running for 10 chapters, we know already. We don't need to be reminded about the bombs or the fire, we know. It's just piss poor writing on Oda's part. There's also the bloated set of characters but don't get me started on that

Just how orochi got up again in the newest chapter. Oda just can't help himself.
Imagine if arlong got up immediately again after being beaten.

>There's no rushing.
Yes there fucking is.
Look at how quickly King/Queen/Jack/the Tobi Roppo got taken out. Big Mom is one of the main antagonists to the entire story, and she got taken out in a few chapters. And Kaido by the looks of things isn't going to last much longer than she did.
>All he does is silhuette or off screen.
Offscreening is literally proving my point. Things aren't being shown so that the story can progress faster
>Tell me why didn't he at least reveal Greenbull's design?
To build up hype and there's no reason to reveal his design when he isn't relevant in the story right now.
Or did you forget that this is the same thing he did with all the Admirals throughout the story? Like you remember how we saw a silhouette of Akainu in Robin's flashback and didn't see him until Marineford, where he was actually relevant?

Attached: 1639627116468.png (363x409, 170.55K)

>Romance Yawn
>Orange Troon
>Syrup Fillerge
>Baraloss
>Arlong Pass
>Lowguetown
>Twin Copes
>Whiskey Needed
>Little Gayden
>Dumb Island
>Allbutta
>JavaScript
>Skypeea
>Long Boring Long Land
>Watery Semen
>Anus Lobotomy
>Stillborn Arc
>Sopa de Macaco Archipelago
>Bezos' Willy
>Impel Down syndrome
>Latrineford
>Fishman Isleep
>Punk Retard
Drawlrosa
>RainFurrest 2015
>Whole Kek Island
>LeVery shit
>Guano
What exactly is supposed to be the appeal of this kuso manga again?

Attached: 1618412744575.png (500x497, 249.72K)

>Fun fact, punk hazard was 10 years ago. We've been waiting for Luffy to beat Kaido for 10 years and we ended up with this circus act
Even funnier, 10 years before punk hazard OP was where? Robin just joined? Everything since the time skip seems to be in suspended animation, with the plot not moving an inch.

>best pussy
Pudding
>best anal
Viola
>best blowjob
Reiju
>best boobjob
Galette
>best handjob
Smoothie
>best snuggles
Maria
>best fertility
Big Mom
>best dominating
Yamato
>best fetish
Robin's power
>best loli
Bonney
>best femboy
Kiku
>best overall
Robin

THOSE CHAPTERS WHERE LUFFY WAS RUNNING WEREN'T ABOUT HIM. THEY WERE CHAPTERS THAT FOCUSED ON OTHER EVENTS AND ONLY PERIODICALLY SHOWED HIM SO THAT THE AUDIENCE KNEW WHAT HE WAS DOING
In those chapters where Luffy was running we had actual important stuff happening like Scabbards vs Kaido, Yamato's introduction + development for her, Nami saying Luffy would be the pirate king, etc

Attached: FFz2pm6aQAAgQQa.jpg (1334x750, 113.97K)

>waaaa waaa why isn't one piece a oneshot manga with 40 pages that ends in 10 minutes because i'm a fucking 2 years old without patience waaaaa

>i can only create threads with le controversy

ACoC isn't simple offensive CoC.
The base concept of Ryo into ACoC is the same. Yes there are some characters like Yamato and Zoro who dont even know Ryo but Zoro knowing ACoC shortly after he obtained CoC is absurd. Even the anime had to forshadow it in a filler episode to make it less rushed.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (1488x970, 521.98K)

>actual important stuff happening like Scabbards vs Kaido, Yamato's introduction + development for her, Nami saying Luffy would be the pirate king, etc
This is bait right? Tell me this is bait and nobody actually cared about such things.

Because powerscaling. For the sake of creating intimidating characters, bad writers make endgame antagonists impossibly stronger than the MC, being so far and away stronger than them that comparing them and their ability to beat them feels completely futile.
Bad writers are also terrible at elaborating and precisely detailing how a main character can grow in strength, using generic fightfaggotry and "punch harder" as their crux for demonstrating someone getting stronger by simply just beating their opponent outright.

So when you couple the fact they can't demonstrate actual gain in strength in a way that doesn't feel hamfisted, with antagonists that clearly impossible to beat in the current moment, you need to do a major timeskip where all the unique development takes place offscreen, alleviating the writer's role in showing their powerup.

I still have faith in Oda. I think something big is going to happen that will change the arc for the better. The way the arc has been going just doesn't seem right but I said the same thing about Dressrosa. if nothing changes and this is the last act though, the last arc is probably next so might as well keep reading.

Attached: 00246094096787.png (890x1061, 1.12M)

I think the amazing part of Sanji's background is how the first backstory was great even if it made him make stupid decisions (like feeding someone who will try to kill him afterwards) and then Oda added a second one that not only was worse, but also overwrote the previous one in terms of relevance and overshadowed other aspects of Sanji's character.

>The samurai are the people who are causing this whole conflict to begin with
Kaido is the one who caused the conflict. The beast pirates are the antagonists and yet they weren't developed at all. Only kind and Queen had anything resembling character other than Kaido himself. This is also the crew that we've been anticipating since punk hazard 10 years ago

Kek

Based

>we had actual important stuff happening like Scabbards vs Kaido,
How did you type that without dying from shame?

Attached: makima.ass.jpg (919x1300, 449.83K)

the top three are just acoc, something zoro learned to do this arc
the bottom is acoc and acoa infused together, something only luffy learned to do this arc, and something we've only seen luffy, kaido, big mom, wb and roger do
i can already tell you're too retarded to know the difference, so i'll just leave your stupidity there

Attached: coc and coa infused together.jpg (842x7973, 2.4M)

Yeah, the whole germa shit and whole cake island in general was pointless filler ans accomplished nothing. Sanji's first backstory was already sufficient.

YOU GONNA TELL ME KAIDO NEVER THOUGHT ABOUT RIPPING LUFFY'S HEAD OFF EVERY TIME HE KNOCKED HIM UNCUNSCIOUS FOR THE X TIME?

OK THE FIRST TIME YOU MIGHT EXCUSE HIM FOR WANTING TO BUCK BREAK HIM BUT AFTER HE LEFT THE PRISON YOU WOULD THINK HE WOULD TRY AND FINISH THE FUCKING JOB.

>BUT LUFFY DID DIE DURING HIS 5TH JOBBING HE HAD NO PULSE EVEN KAIDO COULDNT SENSE HIM ANYMORE
YES BUT WHY DIDNT HE FUCKING CUT OFF HIS HEAD AND PARADED IT? WHY JUST LEAVE AND FEAR A RESURRECTION ?
FUCK OFF

Oda's worldbuilding is so shit

>Has infinite energy boots to fly around
>still use ships. Not a single plane

>Haki somehow is a common knowledge in New World
>No one told about it to east blue shitters or grandline jobbers. Even pirates upholding that rule apparently

Attached: eb49e6578488aae3fe40d56d1247e690.jpg (1280x720, 57.29K)

>YOU GONNA TELL ME KAIDO NEVER THOUGHT ABOUT RIPPING LUFFY'S HEAD OFF EVERY TIME HE KNOCKED HIM UNCUNSCIOUS FOR THE X TIME?
is this your first media ever?

>Zoro
Zoro has CoC attacks now. He can fight Admirals.

Scabbards vs Kaido is good
If Yamato really is going to be the next Strawhat, then focusing on her is completely warranted
Nami saying Luffy would be the Pirate King was a great moment for her that showed how much she's grown over the course of the series
>Kaido is the one who caused the conflict
The Samurai were the ones who planned out the entire raid. That's what I mean when I say they started the conflict.
>The beast pirates are the antagonists and yet they weren't developed at all. Only kind and Queen had anything resembling character other than Kaido himself. This is also the crew that we've been anticipating since punk hazard 10 years ago
That's what I mean when I say things are getting rushed. But I wouldn't say Kaido, King, and Queen are the only antagonists this arc to get characterized. We also got some stuff for Orochi, Kanjuro, and Ulti.

Attached: frank.png (232x151, 12.48K)

Would Katakuri marry me?

Attached: sunk.jpg (1863x913, 218.94K)

The top isn't ACoC you dumb speedreader. Its just regular CoC.

Luffy didnt infuse and combine ACoC with ACoA only after he had awakened speedreader.

Attached: 1045-017.jpg (716x203, 98.84K)

>How did you type that without dying from shame?
Did you call Law vs Doflamingo filler? Or what about when Wyper stopped Enel's heart?
Why would you not expect the Scabbards to fight Kaido?

Attached: 247e0854c56ab170ac843c3db2db7ce2.png (248x276, 104.26K)

>THOSE CHAPTERS WHERE LUFFY WAS RUNNING WEREN'T ABOUT HIM. THEY WERE CHAPTERS THAT FOCUSED ON OTHER EVENTS AND ONLY PERIODICALLY SHOWED HIM SO THAT THE AUDIENCE KNEW WHAT HE WAS DOING
We don't constantly need to be reminded what Luffy is doing unless the fanbase is riddled with ADHD zoomers. It just takes the focus away from whatever else is going on. Half the chapters get wasted on reminding the reader what so and so is doing and it's just a waste. If you're worried about people forgetting then just add a small text box in the first page to remind them

>waaa one piece is good so what if nothing happened in 10 years its your fault not odaaaghkggh sorry he just came in my mouth

>we had actual important stuff happening like Scabbards vs Kaido
How is that important? It resulted in nothing

>Yamato's introduction + development for her
She was introduced before the stairs and what development?

>Nami saying Luffy would be the pirate king
Why is that important? Did she not think that he would be pirate king before?

Attached: E0NRrtZUYAEUGdT.jpg (1536x2048, 239.27K)

Zorobros... give it to me straight. Is Zoro done or will he get back up and fight Kaidou again?

I remember reading one piece faster so I could join in the threads and discuss the manga here with you all without the fear of getting spoiled but man these threads are awful, it's just shitpost after shitpost what a letdown.

Sure, but first you have to earn the approval of his sister.

>Why waste time learning the wrong haki?
Because it was setting up AdCoC. AdCoC uses the haki flow that is used in Ryou

He's done.

>muh speedreader
>that's just regular coc
regular coc is just emission of your will
acoc is conqueror's coating
again, you're too fucking retarded to know the difference so it's not worth humoring you
>Luffy didnt infuse and combine ACoC with ACoA only after he had awakened speedreader.
Literally the pic I posted was before he awakened, you have fucking brain damage

>Navy can bypass the calm belt
>Never once decided to just find the one piece themselves to stop the pirating trend

no MC jobbed this often to an Antagonist before and the antagonist still being this dense about it.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 15.79K)