>FSRCNNX_x2_8-0-4-1
>SSimSuperRes
>SSimDownscaler
>KrigBilateral
>adaptive-sharpen
>Anime4K_Clamp_Highlights
>Anime4K_Restore_CNN_Soft_VL
Douzo.

Attached: a86f3ed56edb70d13b86bba3c1bf95ee-[00.00.000-00.24.479].webm (640x480, 2.86M)

Do you enjoy watching it like that?

For me, it's vlc.

For me, it's VIDEO 2000.

Attached: 1627226094898.jpg (1600x1200, 332.23K)

Who is she? She must be moving damn fast to dodge all those copyrights.

there wasn't a anime about the daughter of superman and wonder woman fighting the daughter of iron man?

Project A-ko, more or less.

That was obvious but not horrific. It doesn't show the parents, just someone reading the Metropolis and someone whose face isn't shown washing dishes wearing cuffs on their forearms.

Daicon mascot from boomer times

>FSRCNNX_x2_8
>adaptive-sharpen
>Anime4K_Clamp_Highlights
>Anime4K_Restore_CNN_Soft_VL
These are too sharp for line art content types. But don't let me stop you from enjoying your placebo, just don't cry to me when you notice all your screenshots have godawful ringing artifacts.
>SSimSuperRes
>SSimDownscaler
When a metric becomes a target, it ceases to be a good metric. These do help a little in the real world but are still ultimately chasing fake metric gains. The only metric that matters is psnr because it measures transparency, the rest, including ssim, are bad approximations of human perception.
>KrigBilateral
If you can tell whether this is running or not in a blind test I will give you a billion dollars.

Just set scale=spline64. That's it. That's all you need for scaling. You will get a lot more benefit especially for anime by turning on debanding and boosting gamma by 10% than playing with meme shaders.
Enjoy your bt601 colors.

well this placebo post calms my nerves cause idk what a fuckin mpv shader is and i use it every day

what do I need shaders for? it's not like I'm playing Minecraft, also how do I turn them off if I want to watch something that isn't anime?

Attached: 1592756981466.jpg (540x564, 66.74K)

used to just watch anime from the little screen that black anime react tubers had, but now they can't make full reactions because copyright

>also how do I turn them off if I want to watch something that isn't anime
this is a stupid question on at least three levels

to be fair I'm a techlet so I only use mpv plus a few scripts because I don't know what shaders are or do

Attached: 1651118209935.png (200x275, 33.81K)

It's like your ZSNES filters

Snitchtube is damned annoying. The AI will pick up if there is someone listening to copyrighted music while you're filming a protest. Also fuck anyone who listens to music loud enough for others to hear it clearly.

I guess the first level would be that you would never watch anything that's not anime, and the second level is that the manual clearly explains how to make shaders togglable with a hotkey. I don't know what the third level would be.
>wat is does shader
They just change how the picture on the screen looks at the cost of making your GPU thinking you're playing a AAA game.

Well here's my full mpv.conf.

profile=gpu-hq
vo=gpu-next
gpu-api=vulkan
hwdec=nvdec-copy

# Audio
volume=100
volume-max=100

# Cache
cache=yes
demuxer-max-bytes=2048MiB
demuxer-max-back-bytes=1024MiB

# Deband
deband-iterations=2
deband-threshold=35
deband-range=20
deband-grain=5

# Interpolation
interpolation=yes
video-sync=display-resample
tscale=sphinx
tscale-blur=0.6991556596428412

# Language
alang=ja,jp,jpn
slang=en,eng,ja,jp,jpn

# OSC
border=no
cursor-autohide=100
force-seekable=yes
osd-bar=no
fs=yes
pause=yes
keep-open=yes

# Scaling
scale=ewa_lanczos
scale-blur=0.981251
cscale=ewa_lanczossoft
linear-downscaling=no
sigmoid-upscaling=no
gpu-shader-cache-dir="~~/shaders/cache"
glsl-shader="~~/shaders/FSRCNNX_x2_8-0-4-1.glsl"
glsl-shader="~~/shaders/SSimSuperRes.glsl"
glsl-shader="~~/shaders/SSimDownscaler.glsl"
glsl-shader="~~/shaders/KrigBilateral.glsl"
glsl-shader="~~/shaders/adaptive-sharpen.glsl"
glsl-shader="~~/shaders/Anime4K_Clamp_Highlights.glsl"
glsl-shader="~~/shaders/Anime4K_Restore_CNN_Soft_VL.glsl"

# Screenshots
screenshot-format=png
screenshot-high-bit-depth=yes
screenshot-png-compression=9
screenshot-directory="E:\Pictures"
screenshot-template="%f-%wH.%wM.%wS.%wT-#%#00n"

# Subtitles
demuxer-mkv-subtitle-preroll=yes
sub-auto=fuzzy
sub-file-paths=subs
blend-subtitles=video

Thoughts?

Debanding is broken in -next, go back to using normal vo=gpu. Increase deband iterations to 4. Turn off tscale, or if you don't, at least don't use sphinx. it has bad overshoot problems. turn off all your shaders and turn on sigmoid upscaling. And add gamma-factor=1.1 and audio-normalize-downmix=yes (unless you actually have a surround system). Compression 9 makes the pictures barely any smaller than 7 but I guess if it's not interrupting playback, go for it.

Thanks user, I'll try it.

thanks
>ZSNES filters
oh I hate those, only pixel perfect for me

For me, it's gogoanime.

>only pixel perfect for me
Haha, yeah, pixels

Attached: crt.jpg (1024x1024, 111.19K)

sorry user, I grew up playing MegaMan X on the Wii

Based. The true winner of the format war.

>Who is she?
A bunch of dedicated and skilled anime fan artists attended Daicon III and submitted that bunny girl animation in the competition for opening animation. They came back for Daicon IV with a much improved version.

These animators later on went on to create Gainax.

>not watching vhs on a crt

pleb

Belly enjoyers unite!

You should subscribe to a legal streaming platform to support the industry, and if you can, buy the BDs and merchandise.

new anime is trash though

>subscribe to a legal streaming platform
no
>buy the BDs and merchandise
yes

Attached: 1637250339197.jpg (840x840, 374.16K)

Did the improved version violate less copyrights?

conf files are autism, I use vanilla mpv

ALL the Copyrights.

>upscale
>upscale again
>downscale back
>upscale yet again, to 4K
I don't know what half of those filters do but what little I can guess is enough to frighten me.
The video is 1080p, my screen is 1080p, all I need is debanding

>SUE EVERY FANARTIST, THEY VIOLATE THE COPYRIGHTINOS

Is mpc+madvr still good?

which one will consume less energy?

kek, I copied this to my .conf file and I had to add a # on all of deband, interpolation and the first half of scaling because it was lagging like a motherfucker

Attached: 1512207884548.jpg (611x548, 69.12K)

I download anime episode and watch on smart tv weeeeeee big fucking whoop don't care what you incel neckbeards think about 'the right way to watch anime' lmao

mpc-hc

mpc-hc, still you should use mpv for easy webms

It violated no copyrights since it's a fan work. Incidentally, when they looked into selling tapes of it, every company w/ a horse in the game agreed it was fine except Playboy, who thought cartoons were too off-brand for an adult magazine. That's how different the 80s were.

>legal streaming platform to support the industry
Out of all the hobby boards, Yea Forums is the one who knows the least about how its hobby works.
Yes.
You are retarded

I download them then use firefox to play the video.

>ignore OP
>mpc-be
>Enhanced Video Renderer (Custom Presenter)
>explicitly set to primary gpu if you have multiple
>flip/flipex
>16-bit floating point
>PS: Mitchell-Netravali
>PS 3.0: Lanczos
>Output range: 0-255
Simple.

Attached: 1636312726373.jpg (1200x623, 133.16K)

i've been watching anime for 56 years and now I just use kiss or bee because I don't care, 99% of anime isn't worth this anal autistic nonsense

That's nice. But this is a thread for such autism, honing and flexing it.

Attached: vlcsnap-2018-05-20-02h33m45s657.png (1455x1072, 462.92K)

the only shader i use is a custom colortone corrector for my sailors moon

Attached: 1623490218353.webm (640x480, 990.19K)

No you don't because browsers don't play mkvs
>mpc-be
Come on user

MPV is for insecure faggots who have nothing going for them so they cope by using some obscure, unfinished program with no GUI just so they can pretend to be superior. MPC-BE is a working branch of MPC with proper hardware acceleration support.

Yes they do.

Where does one even start in order to understand anything said itt?

First, you have to suck a lot of cock. At least 30 different cocks, preferably more. Once you've done that, you'll understand.

Fucking hardware anti-aliasing. Are we really moving forward technologically?

i like mpv cause its cool and i can do neat things with it by tweaking the config that suits my needs.

i think it's just a generation gape. i'm an oldfag who comes from the days where if we saw a new piece of technology we'd just play with it and poke it and try to break it apart and see what it could do, and eventually we'd learn everything there is to know about it
people nowadays are just like "oh, here's a thing, i don't get it, too confusing, pass" and they never really find out all the cool stuff it can do

That's not a generation thing, it's a temperament thing. You used to only get fiddlers on the www because it was made of tape and string and you could make it do all kinds of weird shit. But now the animals are in the farmhouse.

no one in their right mind uses fucking filters on prerecorded media, you can be an oldfag and also not mentally insane

>no argument

>VLC

Attached: VLC.webm (1280x720, 997.37K)

It's 2022 and people still aren't using MadVR with NGU anti aliasing and creating a custom profile for processing(line thinning ect.) depending on the screen they are watching anime on.

I mean you can go on Yea Forums or Yea Forums or other forums and ask people... I've seriously never heard of anyone doing this. I get why you do it for vidya, but animated stuff isn't pixels. Surely you'd just encode the video differently beforehand or just change your display settings or something if you really didn't like the way it was encoded...

>She must be moving damn fast to dodge all those copyrights.
Nice.

Implying these aren't some goat tier transitions

>profile=gpu-hq
anything elese is literal placebo