One of the greatest manga of the 2010s

One of the greatest manga of the 2010s

Attached: satoAjin.jpg (602x602, 50.25K)

nah, Sato carried it

It was edgy done right because of it I realized edgy anime sucks ass

mangas*
you are talking about multiple manga.

the mango was shit, but Sato is one of the greatest motherfucks ever

Attached: 5266427-8452267214-maxre.jpg (865x754, 183.99K)

Ill bite. What is this about, and why do i keep on seeing the main villain in all these threads.

Attached: 1646134950860.jpg (880x825, 81.43K)

It's about people that can't die. Main villain is always posted because he's an absolute madman always pulling crazy shit like dive bombing an airliner into his target, throwing himself strategically into a wood chipper, that kind of thing

He's the greatest menace to the Japanese military equipped forces, an American gamer

Attached: 20191211_004507.png (720x1011, 1.05M)

I'm also curious
Th reading a shit manga only because the main villain is cool sounds like a waste of time

Because the whole manga is carried by the main antagonist Sato, he takes over the show whenever he shows up, everything about him is fun, it's a spectacle.
The real issue is with the protagonist, aside from the 180 degree character change that happened in the early chapters, it's one of those stories where you really which the antagonist was the main character.

It's not shit. The original writer left it so the artist took over early on and unironically elevated the writing

What would gamers be like if their actions had no consequences for them?

The old man is a gamer?
What did he play? Wolfenstein 3d?

If only he made it to the ps4 era

Mario

Doom

>aside from the 180 degree character change that happened in the early chapters
I know the writer got changed, but I never got why people think he somehow flipped entirely as a character. Every time I ask the explanation is "well the writer changed", but that doesn't explain what actually changed in the character.

Yea Forums - Animes & Mangas

Animaciones y mangas

>I wanted to be the main character in an isekai but I reincarnated into my home world again?!?

Sato was the only good thing about it

>only good thing about it
C'mon, at least the action was fluidly drawn, and the manga was pretty imaginative when it came to abusing the immortality, like people teleporting and tunneling through walls. There's plenty other fun stuff than just Sato, even though he takes the top spot easily.

>but that doesn't explain what actually changed in the character.
The MC went from an emotional good boy teenager to a cold calculating super smart kid with zero emotions. It's hard to miss it. There's also the childhood friend being completely irrelevant until the very last chapter, and the glass guy turning into a super cool and calculating boss when his only defining quality was "likes mint candy a little too much".

Thanks for the explanation. Not sure I agree with this all fully, but it's been a while since I read the beginning though. The writer swapped somewhere approximately on the lab escape, right?
>The MC went from an emotional good boy teenager to a cold calculating super smart kid with zero emotions
I don't recall him doing anything very emotional in the beginning. The best I could remember is that he turned against Sato because he didn't want to kill random people, but that's all I can come up with. And there's later a large focus on his "zero emotionality" iirc where he has conversations with his family, and they explain that he's not a psycho, but rather just calculating. I don't think there's inconsistency, but I'm curious if I missed something.
>There's also the childhood friend being completely irrelevant until the very last chapter
That's true, I feel like he was sidelined pretty hard. I don't personally mind because he was one of the more boring characters, but you're definitely right.
>glass guy turning into a super cool and calculating boss when his only defining quality was "likes mint candy a little too much"
I think this has more to do with -- as you said -- that he didn't really have character traits outside eating mints or meaningful focus in the early manga, so once the story turned to him more closely, we just learned more things about his character. Again, I don't think there's contradiction here, just the new writer building the character.

I don't have any Ajin pics saved, take tangentionally related /ak/.

Attached: 1646316157532.png (1414x1000, 942.01K)

Absolutely. The old man sold it for me. Dont even care for the write change, it was an enjoyable ride for me.

based

Attached: Webp.net-compress-image.jpg (907x7480, 1.51M)

So do we know if the artist/author is gonna work on something new?

Attached: 05ed2f711cd5102d.jpg (1052x3464, 1.42M)

Attached: 1618255813882.png (869x5050, 3.67M)

We can pretend the Switch didn't exist then, if you need that, bud.
Too bad the PS5 era followed.

Disregard, Switch is still Japanese, I'm a massive faggot.

Hes a canon psychopath and has immortality.
Hes one of these characters with a simple power but have 120% understanding and mastery over it so they do absolute mindblowing stuff.

This motherfucker for example can teleport himself with his immortality and a loooot of pain.

Attached: tumblr_3a6965b44fcc0ed3490077fd4e175d09_b26d71b5_1280.jpg (1280x886, 213.79K)

Sato was great, the only thing that kept me reading it.

The rest of it was absolute trash.

>nobody posted the pic yet
i'm disappointed

love the way guns are drawn in the series. feel like desert punk is another manga that had beautifully drawn weapons

Also one of the better character endings

I wonder if the Netflix series will continue. I never really keep up with stuff in terms of what's going to be in production or not.

>generic mc just so faggoT japanese teenagers can relate.
Sato carried the whole show, i'm not going to bother reading the manga because sato is...LE BAD, so he'll lose in the end.

>...LE
Fuck off back to Yea Forums, tourist.

i go where i please.
animeshit is so predictable you know exactly what's going to happen from episode one.

Attached: 1552599138475.png (500x460, 25.05K)

>animeshit is so predictable you know exactly what's going to happen from episode one
Wow look at you getting all smart and analytical to point out that antagonists lose in fiction. Also Sato wasn't even in the first episode lmao

crossboarders get the rope

I really dislike how people only think Satou is the only good character in the story. Kei is the perfect foil to Satou. Satou's idea of fun is supposed to be spontaneous but every single one of his ideas is extremely planned out. Kei is the one that Satou is trying to be, completely random. While Kei tries to plan things out, they completely fail and he only wins in the end because he tries to act like Satou. It's poetry really.

Attached: 1645479658721.png (1498x2084, 1.17M)

What's wrong about Sato carrying the manga ? Doesn't make it less entertaining.
If you intend to start reading it, keep in mind that the beginning is really bad but it gets better.

this. he’s the typical “good-natured MC” but also very calculating. better than a lot of shonen MCs nowadays.

I liked Sato, but I think Ajin's strength was more that it felt like a pretty realistic take on superhumans with with really good art and action sequences. The characters also felt a bit more subdued than in most works covering the same subject matter, which made them feel a bit more human/realistic and mature. Of course, this is Yea Forums so anything other than wish fulfillment through Sato is irrelevant.

he's also as insane as sato, literally no sane person would try the shit he has

Attached: 1629977249501.jpg (728x1019, 178.15K)

what the fuck is this shit, he would be surrounded by everyone before he could fir 4 shots with that repeating pump action shotgun

not sure if you actually know the premise of this manga

>Kei is the one that Satou is trying to be
I don't agree with this character reading at all. The only parallel you solidly mention is that they both plan things out to some degree. And you make it out to be really random that Kei ultimately wins, but the "plan" to knock Satou by soft drowning is based completely on Nagai's earlier experiences with leaping to water, and it's not arbitrary at all, even though it isn't the plan Nagai was supposed to initially go with. Like, I agree that the characters are good foils, but there's not really much similarity to them and how they approach the world.

>This motherfucker for example can teleport himself with his immortality
That was so fucking cool

Yeah I don't get it either. Kei wasn't a bad character. And the manga wasn't shit apart from Sato. Just the way the immortals dealt their immortality was all interesting too.

So remind me, what was stopping those guys from spamming flashbangs and tear gas on him again?

the premise where the ajin cant do shit when they are bound and held down?

he will just keep killing himself
he is very good and quick at it

he will summon his stand

>The MC went from an emotional good boy teenager to a cold calculating super smart kid with zero emotions.
He didn't have zero emotions, he's just repressed and practical like a lot of kids raised under high pressure. Kinda like how 4-12% of CEOs exhibit psychopathic traits or how surgeons tend to be people who can separate and control their emotions under pressure, etc. He was also smart but supported by an experienced team, stretching disbelief, but that + the mind-meld with Sato helped keep it more within belief. He was never framed as a Light, Lelouch, or Sherlock type super genius. Pic related is the extended explanation, but Kei's behavior at the end confirms he's just over-serious, not uncaring (he's too caring), which makes him a perfect foil to Satou, who's unserious and doesn't care about anything.

>the glass guy turning into a super cool and calculating boss when his only defining quality was "likes mint candy a little too much"
His whole arc was about going from a morally compromised selfish asshole deadened to the world by his dying fiancé to connecting with and helping Ajin. Basically going from exploiting Ajin to sacrificing himself for them. It’s not a unique setup, but there’s nothing wrong with it either: essentially the spy handler who’s an exploiter but sympathetic and at fault for perpetuating a corrupt system, but not the one ultimately at the top and to blame.

>childhood friend being completely irrelevant until the very last chapter
Not gonna defend that. I found both Kei and Kai a little disappointing, but not total dealbreakers.

Attached: cold.jpg (540x3134, 492.22K)

Reset, stand power and gamer reflexes

I don't know if you really expected a serious answer, but the large point of the manga is that nobody really is properly prepared to fight ajins, because the government spooks do not officially admit that they had knowledge on them beforehand the entire Nagai & co ordeal, so the guys here do not literally have the equipment you'd consider good at taking down an immortal. There's this part in the end of the manga where the authorities are allowed to cut loose without keeping up the appearances, and they put together a special unit that basically mogs all the ajins it comes across and ends the entire fucking manga.

Whereabouts did the writer change over?
Was it after the whole reveal that "ajin can emit a noise that paralyses normies" detail that happens exactly once and then never comes up again?

I quite liked Izumi and Tanaka, but that's mostly due to fan comics and discussions exploring PTSD than in-story content. Attempted rape + murder, then having to work against your own kind under duress and a false identity or 10 years of experimentation and torture are both pretty interesting character setups.

Attached: decapitation.jpg (595x3336, 654.33K)

>everybody forgot about the retarded "power of love" explanation for ajin powers and jojo stands
I guess that says a lot about the ending. The only good thing about it is the sequel bait with Sato, but everybody knows this series is dead and gone.

>"power of love"
That was literally just the one schizo professor having some baggage, there's even people in the manga that dismiss the explanation as bullshit. It's obviously a case where nobody actually knows the truth and you just roll with it because it's nowhere near the point of manga.

Attached: 1609729643284.jpg (377x429, 12.34K)