>manga is popular in france now

What happened
>Last year, 47 million manga were sold compared to 22.5 million in 2020

>animehunch.com/japanese-manga-occupies-40-of-french-comic-book-market-in-2021/

Attached: 52F4C5BC-3158-4A56-8E60-045BA96B2DD3.jpg (980x550, 86.77K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes.com/2021/07/28/arts/france-culture-pass.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

lurk more

imagine torching those bookshelves.

>now
france is always an animation/comic country

france has always been fascinated with japan they have a dedicated word for it as well

>naruto still the most popular series 8 years after it ended
nice shit taste frogs

Weeb? I thought it’s English

The French were the original weaboos.

Attached: 1451441752614.jpg (1282x718, 418.83K)

>>>>now
bitch they have been a corner stone of European comics and animation. Do you think they wouldn't be all over this?

I dont think thats the french cover for Naruto... i mean those definetely dont look like the Glenat version of One piece so this its an english shelve

How retarded are you? It's always been popular

Mashima (Fairy Tail) hangs out with the French president.

Frenchies hate anything non-french I heard
So it was a lie

France has been into anime and manga for decades.
They even try to make their own every now and then to various degrees of success like Radiant and Wakfu.

>Asterix creator was so asshurt about manga he drew a book of his characters owning manga caricatures
>everyone hated it

Attached: 1541390305487.jpg (1622x2281, 871.58K)

>Lucy, la blonde aux gros seins. Je l'aime mieux.

Attached: 3bwR4lP8T-eGt2Ls.jpg (720x720, 122.07K)

>he's just finding out that France is the biggest market for manga outside Japan

Japonism / Japonisme, may be

>Ouiaboux

why does he conflate American cartoons (obvious Mickey mouse robots) with anime? Sure, the modern Anime style was heavily influenced by Disney in what is arguably its golden era, but it kind of contradicts the fact that there is another mickey expy being depicted.. saving the day? What the fresh hell?

ça l'a toujours été pauvre idiot et ce depuis les années 80 avec le club dorothée mais bon, vous les angloides vous pensez que le monde s'arrête au bout de vos nez de juifs. Nique ta mère

Pretty sure it's Spy now.

Nope they hate germans

Hey frog, do you like Dragonball?

I wouldn't think too hard about a boomer being confused by manga

this thread is a perfect example of why the average person shouldn't be allowed to vote.

OP posts extraordinary evidence (200% increase) showing that manga is becoming more mainstream in france, indicating it is actually becoming popular rather than fringe, and people here can only see this in absolute terms, that france has "always been popular w/ manga", not being able to comprehend relative percentages. They think that because manga is more popular over there than in some other country that means it is somehow overall really popular in france and incapable of becoming actually popular (i.e. mainstream). Democracy was a mistake please do not vote next election

Dunno man, Asterix was always comparably witty, although unflinchingly, hilariously racist.

>now
God, you are such a retard. Next time, think before typing a post out and embarrassing yourself.

>now

american education everyone

>now
France has the biggest foreign manga market since always, the rest of the world was always playing catch to them.

>now
lurk for 2 years

>more than doubles in a single year
That's crazy, does someone have an answer to this instead of just sperging out to try to fit in?
I assume manga sales in other Western countries didn't grow at that rate.

Doesn't manga make up like 80 percent of comic sales in the states or did I make that number up?

We don't know anything about you. It's weird you know so much about us

People are actually pointing out that this is just the organic continuation of an obvious trend that has well-founded historical reasons, you arrogant halfwit. OP outed himself as completely fucking unaware of the historical context.
>, not being able to comprehend relative percentages.
you sound like the kind of person that thinks of themselves as smart because someone explained the monty hall problem to them once.

>now
Burger intelligence.

>Now
Why are newfags like this?

Attached: grendizer.jpg (1239x876, 97.71K)

>now

>We don't know anything
I've seen the US "education system" from the inside, can confirm
>It's weird you know so much about us
imagine not learning about foreign cultures to become a more well-rounded person, especially cultures whose media are of moderate cultural impact in the western world.

>macron
>Elon musk
>pewdiepie
>Saudi prince
>bin laden
Why is pretending to be a weeb such a trend of e-celebs

>now

Attached: [GJM] Kaguya-sama ~Love is War~ - 04 [A7E10023].mkv_snapshot_02.34_[2020.04.14_13.16.13].jpg (1280x720, 761.11K)

Why do British people call them frogs

>Well-rounded person
Lol, sure man.
>moderate cultural impact
Lololol oh my stars and stripes. I can't imagine being so fucked as to include "moderate," I mean even that is too much, but still. Look dude, you don't affect us. You almost did that gay Climate Accord, but it didn't happen. Even if it did, wouldn't a changed shit.

>Lol, sure man.
broadening your horizons is pretty important for personal growth man.
>Look dude, you don't affect us.
>>he doesn't know

At least, I have to respect the fact that the French are not satisfied with English piracy and continue to publish French translations in a legitimate manner.

French people still find value in reading since they are cultured and aren't actively anti-intellectual like the rest of the west.

In this case it looks like lockdowns worked.
Even though mango sales are respectable, frogs gravitate to boomer comics like Asterix when they grow up.
Now they were bored and looked back at the mango market.

As for France, comics culture reached critical mass there. There's plenty of talent elsewhere in Europe, just not the density.

>reading
>manga
>intellectual
user…

nytimes.com/2021/07/28/arts/france-culture-pass.html

The French government gave 300 euros to every 18 year old for cultural purchases and instead of books and French comics, they all spent it on manga instead.

Attached: Untitled.jpg (411x476, 41.12K)

As opposed to drowning in tiktoks, trashy reality shows, celebrity worship, and propagandized news, yes reading manga is intellectual. The French is vastly more cultured simply due to the fact they're the only ones who still read the print.

Manga has been popular in France since the 50s. French comics are called manfra for crying out loud. There are a huge number of mangaka interviews only available in French.

>they're the only ones who still read the print.
But manga is a lot more popular in Japan and we all know japs are really retarded

Manga in Japan is largely digitally distributed now.

Honestly: fair. It's an age of growing up, they'll have plenty of time to read the classics when they are older

Attached: 8c2baa8aea4f52e0c54427ac11fd01b1d773f38b.png (2500x1450, 321.49K)

Japs are still smarter than everyone else, no other culture has reached the level of advancement necessary to create such unique media. French people being the intellectuals they are picked up on this before anyone else and to this day they're still the ones with the deepest understanding and appreciation for manga. Everyone else is just too uneducated.

The japanese are too eager. They overwork themselves too much, which actually hinders their success in creative areas such as research.

Attached: tumblr_p3jzctiCv31rnuls8o4_1280.png (1265x1682, 635.89K)

>organic trend
>200% increase in 1 year
Also not what people in the thread were saying. They were saying anime has always been popular in france while it has never been popular--it's merely becoming popular. Again, please don't vote you're literally dunning kruger

It's just really weird to me how you Americans tend to have this disdain and apathy towards every single thing that happens in the world that doesn't include you, no wonder you are such close minded and ignorant people.

>200% increase in 1 year
the market has been there and is not new. The explicit reason is described in the NYT article above but the fact of the matter is that market interest was already there, only latent.
>while it has never been popular
sorry that the vast majority of people here disagree with you for good reason. But you're just wrong. The french comic scene is one of the most significant ones in the west, period. French animation is up there too. Of fucking course a country with that kind of presence is not blind to other global players. You should already know all this.
>Again, please don't vote you're literally dunning kruger
You have the intellectual air of someone who barely scraped by in college.

Lmao, it's just comic books but in black and white and you need to read it from left to right, chill out man.

Hahahahaha non mais je te jure ! Je regardais Goldorak et Albator à la télévision tandis que ces chiens n'étaient pas encore nés.

oui oui baguette omellete du fromage merci beaucoup