What the actual fuck

What the actual fuck

Attached: animevsmanga.jpg (728x946, 192.47K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vEfx6AegPCk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

WIDE.

rotoscoping

is not always a bad thing but that looks really bad

>This was from 1981
youtube.com/watch?v=vEfx6AegPCk

Someone thought it was artistic genius. like the people who thought airing like 5 of the same episode back to back of Haruhi's Endless Eight was.

When the anime first came out, I didn't know anything about the manga, so I assumed the point of the anime (based on screenshots) was that the main girl is ugly.

Her being fuck-ugly fits her personality and her role in the story and aids to the over all theme. You just don't like it because you can't fap to it.

all of the manga is ugly too

Still remember that meltdown. God I fucking despised Aku no Hana fags

unironically looks good
besides this what girls like that look like irl
doesn't matter either way, no adaptation could salvage the dogshit writing

Did the live-action come out yet?

Why did ANN love the anime so much when mangafags hated it?

Film an ok looking live-action adaption
Then shit all over it with terrible rotoscoping. Genius. And dumb fucks here actually defend it.

Attached: 1629633327861.webm (640x360, 2.47M)

Bad rotoscoping

Looks kinda decent actually.

the director thought a live action suited it more, but didn't want people to focus on the actors over the characters, so he rotoscoped it.

>ANN

>besides this what girls like that look like irl
Ugly asian ones you mean.

>When you need real actors to animate.

Soulless

I like the anime style more than the manga actually, for once it feels realistic, it's a breath of fresh air.

I will never forgive them for they did to this amazing manga.

I actually wish they'd stick with the actors, live action looks okay, rotoscoped people look weird

>but didn't want people to focus on the actors over the characters
What an awful director. Actors are supposed to be BECOME the character, that's literally their job.

The worst part is the sound design and b-roll shots were really good and captured the atmosphere near perfectly.

I love the show and the manga. Haven't seen live action movie but im sure its kino
s2 when

Attached: [FFF] Aku no Hana - 13 [BD][1080p-FLAC][5DDE2C2A] (00_17_49) 0004.jpg (1920x1080, 174.97K)

I liked it. Everyone looked kinda ugly and flat, quite fitting for the manga. Main girl looked cute only from a few angles, sometimes. Amazing.

somehow I think it could have been done better. Maybe the filters on the face were a little too strict?

They should have released the footage as live-action.

somehow I think you don't know anything about the process of creating this kind of art and should keep your mouth closed

You have taught me quite a lot about the topic. What a useful post.

Bump.

American Pop is fucking amazing. Thank you for reminding me to watch this again.

Remember there are retards that actually defend this.

Worked great for an adaptation of this particular manga. Every-day people with some ugly things inside. Giving everything moe features would have totally fucked up the powerful mood of the show.

Remember there are retards that actually besmirch this piece of art

I think people have said this about the show already, but by how odd it looked, gave this nice eerie vibe to what was going on in the show. In a shit town and wanting to leave it, red headed girl thinking their is some magical place behind that giant fucking mountain as well. all of that shit was fucking great about it.

Attached: 8690022356_45cff05bed_20150102122703.jpg (500x281, 60K)

It was really bad.

I liked the rotoscoping, why was it so hated?

That's adaptation it deserved.

souless vs. S O V L

>gave this nice eerie vibe to what was going on in the show.

It made the show into an unintentional comedy

I love this manga

Actual live action >>>Rotoshit

Attached: [GenmCorp] Kamen Rider Build NEW WORLD - Kamen Rider Grease [9D97FF48].mkv_snapshot_00.48.01_[2021.04.17_23.07.20].jpg (1920x1080, 893.19K)

anyone have the screencap about the ED?

The method to inject rotoscoping into 2d media is just pathetic. You won't get regconition in the realm of art if you trace over real people with linearts and some filters. Glad that this show bombed hard.

The anime was such a wasted opportunity. People can defend it but sales figures don’t lie.

Sometimes i think if they just keep it as a live action drama, it would have been more successful. The 2019 movie, the schizo girl actually looks pretty with an unhinged aura just like the manga.

Attached: MV5BMTgzYTA4OGMtMjQxYS00OTdmLTg4ZWMtNThhNTczOTU2ZmUzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzI1NzMxNzM@._V1_.jpg (3935x2361, 1.7M)

Because they announced it as an anime, then proceeded to have trailers showing only the background art and looked good

It was NEVER mentioned it would be rotoscoped, then it aired and everyone that was hyoed about it hated it and thought it was a troll fansub or some shit

The manga art is great, it's one of my favorite manga series, so yeah imagine how everyone reacted to it whn it aired, it did so bad that it almost never released the dvd/bd for it, i'm surprised that the studio is still alive today, and there's a reason why no one ever attemted to do this ever again since then

Ah, so but of a bait and switch. I like it because it makes it feel human and more serious but I can get the reason

I like her cute wide face

If the anime got a proper director this would have been a blockbuster hit and all of Oshimi Suzo stories get adapted. We were robbed by an autistic director who thinks he is some sort of auteur but is actually a hack.

Except the Endless Eight are absolute Kino episodes.

OH SHIT ITS JEFFREY DAHMER

That's the point. Brainlets here can't understand its suppose to be uncanny.

DEEP

I see someone got baited by last weeks thread and watched the rotoscoping nightmare

>>It's supposed to be unCannY

Aku no Hana is a comming of age story about problematic teenagers, not some sort of Junji Ito horror.

>>Her being fuck-ugly fits her personality and her role in the story and aids to the over all theme

Original manga is canon and whatever the fuck the anime did was just some mega autism from the anime director.

Kiss Nakamura

Ngl i got baited few years ago and went into pretentious mode to watch Aku no Hana. It literally made my eyes twitched while watching. Then i watched some old classic Gundam to clean my eyes and recovered.

Attached: Gundam Wing Ending.mp4_snapshot_00.06_[2018.07.25_13.15.48].jpg (960x720, 100.44K)

they didn't "need" it, they just wanted to try something new for anime, as they figured the story would fit with a realistic style.
Of course, it didn't really work as intended

>>as they figured the story would fit with a realistic style.

They could just, i dunno, make a live action tv drama?