I guess we really are... KnK 5 Spiral Paradox

What the fuck does this even mean?
矛盾 doesn't even mean Paradox for fuck's sake.
Why is Type/Moon stuff full of inexplicably bad spates of dialogue in otherwise good works and inexplicably cheesy translations like "Mystic Eyes of Death Perception" for Chokushi no Magan?

Attached: 1650264905339.jpg (1920x1080, 118.13K)

Other urls found in this thread:

jisho.org/word/自己矛盾
youtube.com/watch?v=799rX-NVpP0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>矛盾 doesn't even mean Paradox for fuck's sake.
jisho.org/word/自己矛盾
Also, it really isn't hard to understand at all if you have any sense for poetic dialogue whatsoever. It means "I wish this loop I'm trapped in weren't real", as in him lamenting how he is nothing but a part of Araya's time loop building.

Ain't that a Yojijukugo though? And it more heavily implies self-contradiction than paradox to me; plus there's already a more specific term for paradox that escapes me at the moment.
Not to mention, what he says is "この螺旋が矛盾していたら良かったのに" so the Yoji doesn't really factor in, and he or Souren or any other of the characters didn't need to keep repeating Mujun and Rasen every time like when Alba refers to Touko's puppet clones as a contradiction, or when Touko calls the fact that Araya + Shiki's names make Arayashiki an inconsistency or when Araya dies and he says he wants to reach 'the end of this paradox spiral of a world', which way cheesier of a title drop than the OP image.

blame english for being a shitty language and learn japanese

Dunning Kruger JSL Cringe: The Thread
Dekinai

Can you not bring /djt/ faggotry into this?

Okay.
Araya made some sort of giant sacrificial altar. The building is self-contained spiral of death and rebirth. Separate reality, microcosm of the universe. It is part of him and it obeys to his will. The souls are trapped here to repeat this cycle. In Nasuverse after death your soul is going back to Root, if not it will be decayed. But Araya used some tricks to create this "temple" where world/universe exist and die over and over again. Shisho and Ryogi (kigen. Ryogi is void and should be dead) shit. The altar is keep generating energy out of pure hate of souls trapped here and there is nothing close to Root than death.. This was his plan HOWEVER

Attached: 1630977869817.jpg (1200x703, 275.27K)

>Ain't that a Yojijukugo though?
Still has mujun in it. A paradox is a self-contradiction, such as an unbreakable shield and an all-destroying spear existing in the same world (hence the kanji).
>Alba refers to Touko's puppet clones as a contradiction
Not dying when killed is as paradoxical/contradictory as it gets.
>when Touko calls the fact that Araya + Shiki's names make Arayashiki an inconsistency
Pretty sure she was calling the fact that he was named after the concept he hated so much inconsistent, i.e. ironic.
>when Araya dies and he says he wants to reach 'the end of this paradox spiral of a world'
He feels that the world is an endless illogical loop, and wants to get to the root of it to comprehend it all.

Kara no Kyoukai is absolutely full of pretentious nonsense such as the skyscraper nonsense in the first movie, but the fifth movie makes perfect sense if you're not a complete brainlet. In general, when it comes to Type Moon writing, don't nitpick at the specific words, but take in the message that the mood of the sentences convey.

Attached: 123412432134142.png (1273x715, 1012.39K)

Attached: 123421423523532.png (1272x715, 1.18M)

Recite the plot of Paradox Spiral from memory.
Also here. have a rare moment of Nasu remembering he used to be a writer before gacha

Attached: file.png (1270x716, 1020.97K)

Counter Force. Alaya. "End of world" tier threat is what Araya was doing here. But Alaya wasn't able to response by sending Janny (Redman or any other one) as threat isn't recognizable by humanity and anyone around. This was Araya's plan too. HOWEVER Alaya is collective unconsciousness of mankind and his last cope was to set up "spiral of events" by using people around who can interference with Araya. This is what you see in Spiral Paradox. In the last part of movie you can see where he manipulated them. It isn't mind control or something. Just an impulse decision, thought, word.
Araya said letting Tomoe escape was part of his masterplan to bring Shiki to his cuckshed. But paradoxically enough it was Counter Force who triggered this event by sending homeless guy to apartments.
HOWEVER

OP BTFO

Last part is about Tomoe and Origin (which is big theme of KnK and Spiral Paradox). His Origin was "worthlessness". His entire existence was worthless. This is what Araya, who did studied Origins, believed.
The moment he killed Tomoe, was the moment Tomoe surpassed on "transcendental" level his Origin. Paradox again. His death triggered Void and Araya's fate was sealed.
That's basically plot of KnK 5.

Brittain was a pretty step up overall, it's rare we see actual Fantasy in the Nasuverse and it was done very well.

But I AM nitpciking the specific words, the messages are easy enough to parse and pretty great most of the time, it's just that I wish Nasu didn't try and hamfist the corniest terms imaginable.
Also, what did you find bullshit or pretentious about overlooking view? I always felt it was the strongest of all the films because of its tight scripting and how its motif-suffused dialogue obfuscated the timeline, or just how relatable it was. Did you dislike the idea the show puts forward about the beauty of the view up from a high place or something? Or do you just not sympathize with Fujou's situation at all

Where is Oort and new LB?

>because of its tight scripting
The majority of it is spent on Touko endlessly yet meaninglessly rambling about how it feels to stand at the top of a skyscraper and on Shiki being a quirky girl making cat poses and sticking her fingers into a product placement ice cream conveniently placed right between her legs, while the actual event the conflict revolves around (Mikiya going to the skyscraper and having his soul taken away) is off-screened. Not to mention it's inexplicably the first movie despite not introducing the characters or premise of the series properly. In a greater context, it's a villain of the week filler movie that's largely identical to the third one (sympathetic esper girl causes trouble due to the machinations of Araya, Shiki goes to stop her) that's only first because Nasu wrote it first and because lolrandum out of order adaptations were in vogue at the time Ufotable adapted it because of Haruhi.

Even today there are things that I don't understand about this movie but I don't give a damn, it was so kino in so many aspects.
easily ufotable's best work
youtube.com/watch?v=799rX-NVpP0

Attached: 1630510096782.png (854x480, 717.62K)

>inexplicably cheesy translations like "Mystic Eyes of Death Perception" for Chokushi no Magan?
no idea about KnK but Fate was full of these also, and that's because that's the furigana for these that's in the text itself (but still pronounced according to kanji when spoken out loud by a VA)

Best song.
DDD has similar to KnK 5 chapter. Would be great to see Ufotable movie/ova/tv someday in 2050.

LB7 was sorta confirmed to be coming late this year.

That actually makes a lot of sense. It was Nasu being chuuni as he usually is but compounded with the fact that he doesn't know english well enough to not sound corny

>he exists for no other reason but to constantly get dabbed on by the entire rest of the cast

This guy is like Shirou but without any of the plot armour or chuuni superpowers.

Attached: c832186b83eafa97ef4bb5ef604666a8239f83e57dc98269c1182ea278de94f3.png (1360x768, 972.74K)

Attached: E7Hnvz8UcAcN7ji.png (900x521, 343.67K)

>I want to meet you
>I miss you
>I want to meet you
>You are my beloved

Attached: music fren.jpg (354x286, 17.26K)

>Shirou
>plot armour
40 bad ends

Attached: 1634361840348.jpg (736x584, 45.08K)

None of them are canon. On the other hand, he at least canonically gets with each of the girls in their respective routes, unlike his prototype.

Attached: 1595540404657.jpg (1280x851, 106.33K)

>None of them are canon
They're all canon fag.

Attached: 1619523415188.png (320x320, 89.85K)

Ah yes, I remember watching the fate series adaptation where Shirou died every single episode.
Fuck off. Bad ends do not matter as far as the main narrative goes.

it's a shame since I liked their dynamic in that movie. He was also a good dude and accepted that Shiki didn't love him and knew that Mikiya was the better man for her.

>accepted that Shiki didn't love him and knew that Mikiya was the better man for her.

As if he had a choice lmao

true, I just respect that he didn't complain or cry about it. He just moved on and accepted it even though Araya programmed him automatically falling in love with Shiki or whoever saved him from my memory of the movie.

she even has a hearty laugh at the gall of him entertaining the idea of him and her being a possibility when he confesses to her lmao. Kinda mean.

Attached: 1639613250046.jpg (1280x720, 73.06K)

>Mikiya
A feminine doormat with the personality of niceguy that doesn't ever really risk his life?

you can tell she was considering at least fucking him with how she brought it up

considering his origin is to never harm others it's pretty ballsy of him to risk his life and try to stab a magus with a knife in movie 5. He's also one of the most brave Nasuverse character since he doesn't have special powers to save him while he goes to risky situations.

Attached: Mikiya lady killer.jpg (703x393, 38.76K)

>english
>shitty
>compared to japanese
lmao

>watching

cope

He is probably the weakest main character in KnK, I think. He has literally nothing going on when you strip muh sheeke and muh pacifizm from him. Shiki is at least an actual character by herself, and Touko is as interesting as a dedicated exposition dumper can get.

Attached: __ryougi_shiki_kara_no_kyoukai_drawn_by_kouzuki_kei__6ff98c53904c87a92946863423094c31.jpg (1896x2804, 505.25K)

I thought it was kinda of cute. It was less of a confession but him asking
>Guys and girls who live together do this!
And she couldn't take him seriously at all. To be fair, he was like a cute edgy teenager.

She's a teen, too, she isn't that much older. And maybe it was just me but it did come off as complete emasculation before it came off as cute puppy love.

eh, I like his detective work. If you think of him as the generic heroine that Shiki wins in the end then he's fine as a trophy wife. He's at least a competent detective that is in works like Case Files.

Attached: Mikiya Case Files Adevntures.jpg (538x393, 30.46K)

>If you think of him as the generic heroine that Shiki wins in the end then he's fine as a trophy wife.

How can a heterosexual relationship be made to sound so gay?

What's "trophy" about him? Nice guys who would do anything for their kweenz are dime a dozen the world over.

I mean he did consider going gay for Shiki if she was a man so guess you're right in that department. He's just devoted to his waifu like most of us are on here. That's enough for me for an early amateurish story like KnK.

Attached: Mikiya need tomboy.png (1800x1514, 731.75K)

>I mean he did consider going gay for Shiki if she was a man

In her case wouldn't being a man mean still possessing a woman's body? Just with her male personality at the helm.

>tfw read fanfic quest
>Marvel mutant shit
>QM used Type-Moon tracks
>Wack ass Existential metaplot with MC being some weird cosmic abstract as a result of being born dead
Shame the quest died in his burn out, but he rebooted it as a regular fanfic.

Attached: weirdness.jpg (975x865, 68.97K)

he loves all of Shiki including the male part so take that as you will.

who wouldn't?
he was unironically really fucking cute

the wrong shiki died in the accident

I mean, by most people's definition, gayness is about whether men or women are what you need, or at least use to get your cummies. So long as the person they're fucking looks and sounds like a flesh and blood woman most men probably wouldn't care about whichever Shiki might end up being the dominant one.

Attached: __ryougi_shiki_kara_no_kyoukai_drawn_by_okakasushi__e3757f33cf18027019897a4c50f99530.png (2304x1545, 2.35M)

true. Male Shiki was cute and best boy.

akiha was most threatened by him

talking about the real best Male Shiki.

Attached: Shiki Ryougi Male.png (1920x1080, 782.63K)

>majority of it is spent on Touko endlessly yet meaninglessly rambling about how it feels to stand at the top of a skyscraper
She does it once

>because lolrandum out of order adaptations were in vogue at the time

Thank Boogiepop for that. Though at least the first Boogiepop novel was explicitly built around the concept so it worked there.

>endlessly yet meaninglessly rambling about how it feels to stand at the top of a skyscraper

Not sure why her monologue triggers people so much, I thought it was a clear metaphor.

Attached: distance.png (498x2101, 2.47M)

I find it pretty clear too. It's also an idea that Nasu loves to reuse a lot in his other works.

>Ain't that a Yojijukugo though?
if you drop characters from a yojikugo it still often refers to the yojukugo itself.

>furigana for these that's in the text itself (but still pronounced according to kanji when spoken out loud by a VA)
Forgive my severe dekinaiety, but isn't it usually the opposite? How on earth is anyone supposed to know? Genuinely curious.

I still hate the fact that they decided to translate 宝具 as "Noble Phantasm" and
固有結界 as "Reality Marble"

not him, but how would you have translated those terms?

Treasured artifact and innate bouned field.