Does an isekai were the MC was pretty happy in his original world and then got transfered even exists...

does an isekai were the MC was pretty happy in his original world and then got transfered even exists? so far I have read over 100 isekai mangas but all the MC are losers or simple life NPC kind of guy.

Attached: EExvbdoXUAIyARm.jpg large.jpg (1920x1080, 290.13K)

shield hero
arifuerta

Everything before SAO came along wanted to return home

>shield hero
but he was a loser in his previous life

he was enjoying his life just fine

MÄR: Märchen Awakens Romance

/thread

being a neet is not enjoying your life, it's escapism. also the arifureta kid was bullied in school, his bully even kicked him down the dungeon were he lost his arm

Not him but the shield hero guy was not a loser. He was 20 and going to college, but had enough lack of responsibilities to indulge himself in whatever games or media he wanted to. He even wants to return home.

Now and Then, Here and There

They exist, but most isekai now exist as escapism for miserable young men.

The Dungeon of Black Company

being accused of rape and thrown into a dungeon sounds like good reasons to go back home

The real question is is there an Isekai where the main protag is not a walking wish fulfilment insert but an actual character with strength and weaknesses? I'd also add an actual personality to the list but I fear that would narrow it down too much.

The one and only

Attached: marche.png (1620x1080, 70.39K)

Ascendence of a Bookworm maybe? I know people meme about "WOAAAAAAAH SHE MADE SOUP, SO SMART!!!!" but wanting to make and read books as a little peasant girl isn't what I think of when I hear "self insert powerfantasy"

that would require actual decent writting so no

The dude was set for life, a zoomer millionaire by doing internet investments.
And then he gets isekaid.

Attached: A20231-2928536362.1510160533.jpg (534x593, 97.48K)

he wasn't happy, he was just plain evil, it's different from happiness

Well I quite like isekai shikkaku, the MC is a famous suicidal Japanese poet. His weakness is that he just lack motivation to do anything since he was deny the death he so long for, his strength is his ability to read people. His main power is he can send other people that got Isekai back to their world for them to start over.

Attached: potden.jpg (1465x2048, 572.05K)

Evil people are the happiest IRL

I'll look into both your recommendations. thank you gentlemen.

no, their happiness is like a neverending schadenfreude that pumps dopanine into their brain.

Escaflowne

Hitomi is popular, athletic, liked by her crush and has a good home life.

Attached: tumblr_nfrt1ogoJb1sgtx3io1_500.gif (500x269, 2M)

I want more monster Isekai. Like the MC getting reborn as a big buff pig face orc with heightened orc libido in a world where female orcs don't exist. With such a setup, you'll get the generic outer conflict of the monster MC doing nation building with his fellow Orcs to deal with humans, elves, and adventures that hunt Orcs, but also the MC having to confront his human morality with his new biological needs. To me that would be very interesting. How does a MC with human morality decide wrong or right when his race has to rape to survive and to satisfy their power sexual urges. How do you even begin to address a question like that. Yeah, we need an Orc Isekai now.

Attached: Orc.png (430x710, 300.31K)

Attached: -Render-1_Uncle.png (569x1027, 274.39K)

Attached: religion.jpg (194x303, 20.2K)

Is there a reason why orcs in Japan look so different from Western orcs? I've always wondered about this.

no. just NO! uncle suffered a lot when he was a child and shit just got even worse for him when he got transfered, there was no point when he was happy

Not really an Isekai, more like a fantasy with RPG element but you might want to try The Comeback of the Demon King Who Formed a Demon's Guild After Being Vanquished by the Hero. MC stay in his monster forms, even when he changed form he still look like monsters, most of the supporting cast also monsters

Attached: monsterguild.jpg (844x1200, 352.19K)

kobolds are also different, I guess the only races that loo the same in any side are elves and dwarves

There's that where the MC opens a Café in another world and can't wait to find a way to return home. I think there's actually some but you need to search for LNs, but probably none with an ending where they decided to go back after spending enough time there, at least not without the ability to go back again or somehow bring their beloved ones to Earth.

Western orcs were described as "pig-like", Japan took that literally
Same deal with why JP Kobolds look like dogs

Apparently the pig orc thing came from early edition of DnD that got import to Japan, then inspire Dragon Quest and ever since Orc in anime are often depicted as pig monster

He loved sanic so much he left his elf waifu in the other world

Here is how Orcs look like in early Dungeon&Dragon

Attached: orcpig.jpg (479x600, 62.16K)

Yes!
Bookworm is wish crap
It claim to be a bookworm character and yet her only goal was to read books and make papers, not the actual information

Actual bookworms like me, couldn't careless if it was scribbled on wood or whatever. The point is what was written.

Which is ironic as the MC never discussed what she actually wanted to write

Attached: At+least+serval+leveled+dex+_347192e2eb2868cc50746fd1cbe9c3d9.jpg (1000x750, 78.59K)

Overlord, tanya the evil, Black company, Shield hero... Even fucking inuyasha.
Fucking OP and his retarded question...
>I have read 100 isekai
Name us half of those.

Well, she is super smart and extremely knowledgeable (but all of her knowledge is related to making books, which is pretty useless). She can also cook and crochet, and she possesses knowledge beyoend that of a normal six-year-old, but that's pretty much it.

Lol
She was made a vip of the guild for crochet, basmet weaving, shampoo, and paper
Stuff that was invented independently by many civilizations before mortar and concrete

If the average joe of today knows it, the average joe of before surely also do.
One must sctually specialize to be worth anything

Attached: images.jpg (235x386, 14.59K)

So I guess the better question is why did the west drop the pig motif for orcs and then turn them into big green brutes? I kinda like the pig orc design better since it better separates orcs and goblins. To me, the green Orcs just look like bigger versions of goblins.

not all civilizations developed the same inventions at the same time, for example Aztecs managed to build pyramids and work metals before even discovering the wheel

My guess that it was a combination of multiple factors. Warhammer popularize the brutish orge orc type, DnD tried to be closer to Tolkien Orcs after the early day, Warcraft basically made the image savage but culture Orc popular. The rest just follow the big three's footstep

Anyone member the Isekai with the bookish middle schooler landing in sengoku jidai and teaching them modern farming techniques?

Lol no.
The wheel existed only on Asia, india, and Europe because they have lots of PLAINS and beast of burdenS

Mountains swamps, jungle, and island civs like America, polynesia, and Eskimo had wheels but only as toys

Aztec did discovered wheel fairly early, the problem was that they weren't useful for the terrain where the Aztec lived so the wheels never become popular and has practical usage in their place.

>landing in sengoku jidai and teaching them modern farming techniques?
God, why am I not surprised?

Which one? male or female MC

Maybe not exactly ecstatic, but those two had normal salaryman lives and doing (relatively) fine. Some relationship and love life issues (that basically sparked the transfer), but the isekai lifestyle was the last thing they needed.

Attached: salaryman.jpg (1140x570, 31.34K)

typical american education thinking anything to the south of the US is nothing but jungles, there's plenty of plains that were the places were most fivilizations developed their cultures and cities but are now jungles because they were abandoned, just because machu pichu is in the top of a fucking mountain doesn't mean everything was the same.

Attached: 23435423455.jpg (600x340, 53.01K)

Trash Hero and the new one of the same author
"Is this Hero for Real".

Attached: kidnapper goddess.png (570x1035, 821.75K)

>being a neet
He's a college student so not a neet.
Yeah he's not banging 10 different girls a week but he's not a loser by anymeans he's just into gaming and general otaku stuff, retard.

No, it litterally was swamps and jungles over there and still are

Amazon is the biggesr carbon trap today

log horizon, drifters, standing on a million lives, grimgar

Wheels only worth it if you have some kind of beast of burden which the American lack beside the lamas. Technology develop due to respond to somekind of problem and the lack of certain recourse and the Aztec just didn't find any use for the wheels.

We just had one couple seasons ago.

Attached: 1648666095893.jpg (1920x1080, 193.21K)

the mayans even a long road system and most of them were paved and had draining systems, some remains still survive today

Attached: edde6c21-a87f-4c2c-a152-4c0a2161635b_d.jpg (400x300, 34.14K)

Yes and thats also where they used wagons that collect trash

Yes, the roads were so good that there no reason to invest in some round shapes to make transport easier.

they had slaves, the 3 big civilizations of america enslaved every single tribe they could find and use it as labor.

The MC in Lv2 kara Cheat was a merchant in a different fantasy world before being summoned. Nothing big but it's not what I would consider "loser" either, and he also seemed to be happy before being isekai'd and even wanted to go back at first.

Attached: 6af0acd2-4f26-447f-8822-9a8e79d22adc.png (869x1236, 827.49K)

Yes, why bother use cart when you can have slave carry shit for you. Technologies don't advance just because, they advance to overcome obstacle that the civilizations were facing and the available recourse.

A certain God just had an update.

Attached: image_2022-04-25_185904286-1650909544.478.png (247x283, 72.91K)

Spoiler alert, don't say I didn't warn you.
In Mushoku Tensei one of the characters the MC meets is a well adjusted Japanese girl that got isekai'd (not reincarnated like him) and is trying to find the way to go back to our world.