THE ABSOLUTE STATE OF JUMP

What the fuck happened to Jump? There's literally nothing worth reading in the magazine.

One Piece dragged on for too long and people are losing interest in droves.
Jujutsu Kaisen is mediocre and only got popular after Kimetsu ended since Japan was still on lockdown due to COVID-19.
Nobody cares about Elusive Samurai, and it was only notable for Matsui cucking Shimabukuro out of Jump again like when Assassination Classroom overshadowed Toriko.
Speaking of Shima, Build King was fucking horrible and got axed after 20 chapters, just barely keeping itself from being welcome in the U19 Club.
World Trigger is on hiatus AGAIN since Ashihara is sick again.
Hunter x Hunter is still on hiatus and this year it'll have been on hiatus for 4½ years, the same amount of time You Yu Hakusho was serialized in Jump.
Black Clover is a joke that only a handful of people care about, and is a failure that Jump tried to push as the biggest thing since Naruto, only for it to barely sell in comparison and leave its readers coping.
Ayakashi Triangle, the only entertaining manga is Jump right now, was deemed too lewd for Jump and is getting moved to Jump+.
Literally everything else is just unmemorable axebait.

Shueisha needs to make Chainsaw Man 2 part of the lineup when it arrives, or else literally nobody is gonna be reading Jump anymore at this rate.

Attached: WSJ_Issue_2022_21-22_Cover.png (822x1200, 2.46M)

tldr

I only read Robokino

Sakamoto rises

OP here. I forgot that My Hero Academia is still running in Jump. Guess it goes to show how irrelevant it is now, kek.

Nothing is worth reading in the magazine right now. Once One Piece ends, Jump is gonna die if Shueisha doesn't serialize something that's actually worth reading.

The only good manga in WSJ are and always were the gag manga, like Roboco and Highschool Family.

So this is the bi-weekly "Jump is done for" thread?

I wonder if he's still going to be active during the break.

Attached: marco.jpg (941x605, 79.69K)

I stopped caring about Jump once AT left the magazine

>Shueisha needs to make Chainsaw Man 2 part of the lineup when it arrives, or else literally nobody is gonna be reading Jump anymore at this rate.

This but unironically, Chainsaw Man leaving WSJ was the biggest blow to the magazine since KnY ended. It was the only OBJECTIVELY good manga in their lineup. Now they have nothing.

Akane and Blue Box are the best series

No one cares about your irrelevant moeshit and they can't sell magazines on their own. Only huge battle shonen kino hits can keep the magazine alive

>World Trigger

Attached: 1650644416735.jpg (398x424, 20.21K)

Your opinion isn't fact

>b8 thread

Let it die anons

>One Piece dragged on for too long and people are losing
It was trending just yesterday, and new volumes still get more average sales than any other manga.

stop reading comics for children then

>unironically using Twitter to gauge a series' success and popularity
One Piece sold only 7 million copies last year. It used to sell in the 10s of millions each year. For One Piece, this is bad.

Attached: jnzydjnt6e281.jpg (1170x687, 213.08K)

I'm not. I'm no longer reading jump.

Fujimotofag crying because CSM2 is not ready yet.

Join the dark side. Embrace the kuso manga enthusiasm.

JJK is good. Fuck you.

>Lost intrest in droves
wasnt one of the recent chapters so hyped it got on national tv in france and germany?

Black Clover is worth reading because it is a great manga.

Attached: 1__02.jpg (301x224, 38.39K)

Nah
Name the last meaningful thing that happened lately

>Ayakashi Triangle, the only entertaining manga is Jump right now, was deemed too lewd for Jump and is getting moved to Jump+.

Fuck the WSJ

Attached: 2022-04-25_12-31-24.png (552x973, 692.86K)

Is Tokyo Revengers any good? Or just flavour of the month?

No they not. if they do Naruto and Bleach would had raise the magazine ever declining sale back up, People just move to digital magazine version now because it's more convince, especially when it come to voting for their series. If Jump only sale thank to it big battle shounen then it already die long ago since that demographic alone can't sustain a magazine reader base

Dandadan and SpyXFamily are great

It's for the best, the chapter we just got was amazing.

Garbage worse than JJK somehow

I wished red hood wasn't axed

Who are you trying to convince? Us? Or yourself?

Attached: smug_seibah.png (543x768, 324.62K)

That's in Weekly Shonen Magazine. Not Jump.

Last arc cemented it's shit status
>m-muh foreshadowing villain twist!
It was fucking cringe

read Undead Unluck

It's a shitty Bleach ripoff made for fujos. Even Kubo derided it as such when he shat on Gege for having the only prominent female character look like a man.

>One Piece dragged on for too long and people are losing interest in droves.
Its selling the same though. It's following the trends of all manga in their closing story thirds, which One piece is in. And this is despite the hit the pandemic took out on almost all manga that werent hyper popular in the west.

Both are still better than (You)r favourite manga

>One Piece sold only 7 million copies last year. It used to sell in the 10s of millions each year. For One Piece, this is bad.

>a 3 million difference of 10 million vs 7 million after a pandemic for a series running 20+ years means people are losing interest now
>this is bad
>losing 3 million sales after a pandemic which hurt all manga collectively
>for a series about to end
>bad

are you retarded?

>losing interest in droves
>The most recent episode was on international news and trending on twitter
>The chapter where Luffy hit Gear 5 was on international news
lmao

It's releasing 3 volumes instead of 4 a year now. Individual volumes are pretty much the same.

God I hate chainsaw tards so much.
And I've been following the series since it was fucking announced.

Oda takes more breaks now or he'll kill himself in his One Piece frenzy. he sells one less volume yearly now because of it. No shit the sales would drop if he's literally selling less stock.

Average, at best. The current arc is fucking awful.

>unironically using the term "moeshit" as a form of criticism
Go back to Yea Forums faggot. AyaTri is based and Yabuki is too based for Jump.

Attached: 1 (2).jpg (784x1145, 164.31K)

It had one less tankobon last year if I remember correctly.
That said its interesting to see how it fell off the yearly oricon and can't get it back anymore. Is it because the reader base demographic is changing and new readers can't be assed to pick up a 100 volumes series? Or is the taste in genres changing altogether.

While "moeshit" is a retarded term and the people using it are equally as retarded, AyaTri is also boring trite bullshit.

It's still more entertaining than anything else coming from Jump right now.

Attached: ayakashi_triangle_is_super_interesting.jpg (871x571, 144.48K)

No, Ayakashi is actually incredibly boring. Any semblance of plot is gone and it's more and more becoming TLR where there's nothing but fanservice.

Suzu raping Matsuri is all the plot I need.

Not only that but op has been selling less volumes a year than years before due to oda breaks. It's usually 3 instead of 4. So 8 figures is still very possible if oda gets his young man grind back.

I don't care about your console war but wasn't the lockdown good for indoor entertainment like manga

cute king. i am simply singing its praise

Attached: 230.png (230x258, 67.3K)

>FUJOFUJOFUJO
mindbroken

who hurt you?

Attached: 1599293017339.png (564x447, 284.52K)

don't cry user! you'll be okay!!!

Attached: 1484504353792.png (876x720, 517.32K)

the context presented is fairly retarded, 2020 and 2021 were bugfuck insane in terms of top manga sales as a phenomenon. There will literally not be another year like those two ever again.

Not for manga no.

But Demon Slayer 2020 and JJK/DS/TR 2021
Do you have some total manga sales figures or something instead of individual series

Yeah, fuck the WallStreet Journal.

The current arc is the biggest dip in a final arc's story quality since Shokugeki.