The Rising of Shield Hero

I'm not gonna pretend it was ever amazing, but why the fuck did it drop in quality so fucking fast? season 2 is dogshit so far

Attached: file.png (902x507, 528.68K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/68jzI38flro
www27392u.sakura.ne.jp/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Everything that made it entertaining (namely the edginess) is gone and now it's a generic isekai on par with cheat magician.

because they dropped main gimmick and selling point half through s1

this if they would have got rid of Filo and kept the dark tone of the first couple episodes it would ohave been fantastic. Also keeping Raphtalia a child till season 2 could have built a better backstory for her.

wll we ever get a dark isekai wth a protaganist coping with being in a fucked up world

Its the perfect dictionary definition of generic isekai

Attached: 1648529934679.png (690x534, 265.29K)

I mean, wasn't it actually intended that the first season would be the only season, and the only reason more got ordered was because the anime turned out to be crazy popular among western and chinese fanbases, so the staff was somehow forced to now salvage the show in a way that was never intended to be continued, anyway

Because best girl is not there anymore

Attached: 278125466.jpg (1440x1440, 218.93K)

Wait season two is out?

you'd think season 2 would at least be relevant to the ideas they had already set up though
>heroes from another world
>their final stage of waves is to kill another group of heroes
>oh boy can't wait to see how they deal with this in season two
>DUH WHAT ABOUT SEASONAL EVENT TORTLE FOR HALF THE SEASON?

Even the LN writer admitted her writing is especially shit in the turtle arc. At least the next arc should be considerably better in terms of source material writing

season 1 was only good for like 3 episodes then turned to generic shit

Quite a Bitch if you know what I mean.

It's called Fate

More money the first time = reduced budget for the second

>arc that was shit anyway
>low effort from the studio, even in episode 1 which is just odd
>newbie(?) director who doesn't know how to make it interesting

All the studio's resources are going into Made in Abyss S2 right now.

Fairly certain they were only working on recutting Made in Abyss S1 into the two recap movies when Sheild Hero S1 was coming out so they had more to throw at it.

Attached: UkBiwB3pr_8asV-7QD7q1PpzJkTPB-fBsVNjN1EKn5U.jpg (707x1000, 122.12K)

Why don't anime adaptations ever just skip terrible arcs from the source material that even the author admits are shit?

they do, but if you don't read the magna it gets really fucking confusing really fast

Attached: file.png (225x320, 122.58K)

i cant believe people are realizing its shit only after season 2 comes out. nig it starts declining in quality from episode 5 of the first season.
its a classic case of series with a good introduction but shit everything-else-afterward.

But user, Hayate peaked at mykonos.

I'm gonna agree. But I like the characters enough that I'll keep watching it. Maybe consistent viewership will keep it abreast for season 3. Seeing that turtle made me feel like I was back in the 90's.

I just watched it all (for the first time) like a week ago so it's all fresh in my mind. I noticed only a slight dip in quality around episode 5 and then it maintained that level of quality for the rest of the season. I enjoyed it all despite some obvious shortcomings like the literal retardation of the other heros.
I've only watched the 1st episode of season 2 (going to wait until most of the season is done so I can watch it continuously) to see what the fuss is about and the quality was exactly the same as the latter part of s1.
Now perhaps episode 2 and 3 are worse, idk.

very nice anime for a generic isekai, remindes me of the good old wow days

it uses 3dcg more than fucking conan in the first 3 episodes, makes random non characters into major protagonists, and then outright ignores the story from the last season almost immediately bringing it retcons

not isekai you tard

Episode 4 preview. Seems we'll get rishia's backstory with itsuki this episode.
youtu.be/68jzI38flro

Holy shit, nothing happens.

the revenge plot was resolved, now it's just a generic isekai, it's only draw is having cute girls.

Attached: 1649870011090.jpg (1920x1080, 140.34K)

wow who cares

For a few weeks now, yes. You're not missing anything so far.

Attached: 1650541558138.png (850x1007, 388.94K)

So far the most interesting thing we got from this season are her armpits.

Attached: almostArmpits.png (1280x720, 876.34K)

>gets treated like trash by the guy she likes
>still likes the guy
What is wrong with women?

Attached: SPOILER_Screenshot_20220418-114158_YouTube.jpg (1059x593, 44.74K)

Literally "I can fix him".

It's weird how the tortoise fight in ep 3 is an amalgamation of first and second fight in the LN

Attached: 1650509431577.jpg (925x1400, 821.53K)

Why would they move Rishia's backstory all the way to episode 4

Tyrant turtle is yet to be a thing so that's something to look forward to

We should have listened to the chicken.

Attached: 1559314401703.png (1243x516, 488.94K)

Because we need action at the ladder half of the season.
We are getting kyo and finishing this turtle shit in one season.

Strange Dawn

No, they ordered 2 and 3 immediately during the airing of 1. That basically only happens if that was the plan, even if it was on contingency (i.e. if this gets X metric by Y date we go ahead). Re zero is an example of a S1 that was never intended to continue and it took them years to turn their pipelines around to produce S2, but Shield Hero they always expected to be a flagship they were going to throw money at.

www27392u.sakura.ne.jp/
It's doing pretty well i'd guess

It would be so easy to fuck Rishia.

>tate at no.8
So it has risen in popularity than the day it's aired
Funny how things work

Attached: 93768833_p0_master1200.jpg (600x425, 51.41K)

that's just the anime unfortunately, the ln is fucking amazing and very consistent in term of quality, even the manga as distant as it is from the ln is miles ahead of the anime which has shit tier adaptation and art

I don't know if there is going to be a tyrant turtle this time around. The fight seemed to incorporate both fights in a way that another fight in the anime will have to be completely original and we have 3 episodes left if we are going to cover kyo in this season

I agree that manga retain it's edginess far better than the anime but I, for some reason, can't stand manga's art. Naofumi looks like some edgy teenager who can't be taken seriously when he's 20

In the WN there was no fitoria to help out and in the previews for season two there was fitoria fighting the tortoise so it's possible we'll be seeing the tryrant tortoise at some point.

Eclair is becoming more frequent now.

healer hero?

Doombros...

If so we won't see Naofumi and his team fighting enraged turtle head on like in the LN

Attached: images_2_15.jpg (726x422, 38.66K)

>we're on tortoise namek now
yucks

Based Eclair enjoyer

Attached: 1649880319284.png (1625x2000, 1.08M)

It was naofumi and ost holding the tortoise back until fitoria could arrive. They did explore the cointry on the back of the tortoise for clues and search the other three heroes IIRC.

As an ln reader, I'd say they adapted the spirit turtle arc horribly.

I enjoyed it in the ln.

also, like some other anons have stated, they rly watered down Naofumi's character, in the sense that he's not as much of an antihero as he is in the light novel.

Like, he RLY is a bit of a sadist at times (they make is character quite entertaining to read, especially because it's written in the first person)

Attached: Megu_tech_tips.png (1080x573, 368.59K)

I like anime Naofumi.
Sorry, not sorry.

not isekai

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy him a lot in the anime

Like, when they get him right, they really hit the spot with his voice + his facial expressions

Attached: image_2022-04-25_232321591.png (816x737, 532.17K)

Pretty understandable desu. It's pretty hard to animate what's going on in his head without having to fill 30% of each episode with him explaining all the questionable things he does in the LN. Also to make it more "family friendly" to save the studio's own collective asses