One Piece

Now that it's almost over, what are the biggest disappointments, missed opportunities and dropped balls of the Wano arc?

Attached: 1650718408472.jpg (576x324, 243.8K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XbetYk5ug2U&t=105s
strawpoll.com/polls/YVyP24Pa7gN/results
twitter.com/onepieceanime/status/1518627927281262596
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Okiku is a MAN and HE is my WIFE

Tbh my only real problem with Wano is the pacing
The first 2 acts were pretty slowly paced
And then the third act is just rushed
Like, I'd say that the only Strawhat fight that felt like it got a proper time to shine was Zoro vs King
Sanji vs Queen, despite getting just as much screentime, felt like the most rushed fight in the raid. Queen reveals all these new abilities only to immediately get BTFOd. Fucking Nami vs Ulti was only 6 pages yet managed to be better paced because at least Ulti losing felt believeable since she had just gotten hit by Big Mom

im glad i stopped after whole cake island, now i can just read all of wano without having to suffer as much as other anons

>”Now that it's almost over,”
>Two acts left

>>Two acts left
Headcanon

>almost over
imma wait till its over and do a reread for a better answer but off the top of my head i feel like wano is more a momo story than strawhats.

Where the fuck is Kaido's flashback
Even those three fucking simps from Komurasaki's backstory got more than him

I dont know how many times I've said it since Wano started, but not having Sentomaru show up was an absolute waste and balldrop. Hes literally the ex-Yokozuna of Wano. He could have snuck the Marines in at any point and made this arc do a 180.

During Roof Piece, Luffy and Zoro should have done a combo move like Kaido and Big Mom. Also Usopp should have done literally anything.

At this point, either he gets one next chapter which lasts 1-2 chapters, or he simply doesn't get one until later on
Like maybe we'll get an extended backstory for Yamato and Kaido's backstory will tie in with that

>almost over
We will still be stuck in Wano until Halloween, user.

>giving Zoro an arc
>not combining Kaido and Orochi into the same character
>no impressive sword fighting in the land of sword fighting
>Usopp and Nami fight being skipped
>SHs being sidelined in general
>Fat Fish Fag did not die

It will be a glorious day when the Sunny leaves Wano without Yamawhore. The tears of the Yamato fags will flow like a mighty river. The rustling of their jimmies will put the Gura Gura no mi to shame.
The accumulated butthurt of all their seething will foam up about their waists and all the waifufags and edgelords will look up and shout "Save us!" and I'll whisper "No."

Attached: Robin before turning to shit.jpg (1280x720, 69.61K)

first we had kroom piece, then willie piece and now toon piece. it's getting retarded, but at least we got something out of seeing law kroom on big meme twice. O MY MYTHICAL FRUIT fugged everything beyond redemption though. to make matters worse, kikufags ruined all the generals by spamming their delusions, so even if the story was reasonable, their aids-ridden mental illness made the threads unpleasant to frequent.

It'd be weird to drop the play stuff halfway through

FPBP

Attached: 1625838467373.png (259x224, 23.51K)

The great Strawhat reunion we never got. The whole crew hadn't been together since partway through Dressrosa, representing four years in real life. Finally we see them all together in one shot and it's "Oh it's raining" and no fanfare.

It's WAY TOO LONG and had too many characters that ultimately didn't matter.

joinmato

Attached: ishitani yams.jpg (1920x1080, 154.58K)

biggest disappointments
> nidaikitetsu not being used
>tobiropo being shitters

missed opportunities
>no zoro ancestry reveal
not a fan of chosen one shit but it seemed as though it was being set up

dropped balls
>why is momo's fruit a failure?
>how did jinbei get away ?

Dont let character/waifu fags invade this thread

It's kinda annoying that Luffy is taking more hits after powering up just so Oda can show off how wacky his reactions are.

He was never a "smart" fighter but he was a competent one, so to try and recast him as a "force of nature" when he goes Gear 5 - forma joyboy, that just takes blows and delivers blows in "ridiculous ways" kinda eats away at his own agency.

(This isn't super great on a secondary order either since people already deride the new reveal for injecting a more overt form of fatalism into the series, so having Luffy's characterisation diminish by proxy of this progression only adds further fuel to the fire).

Stans will try and handwave Gear 5 as being fun and humorous but the story as a whole also often asks us to become emotionally invested in the characters and their world and Oda is quite keen to inject cloying melodrama as a means of very immediately giving readers emotional investment.

Consequentially, it becomes very hard to just "enjoy the ride" because doing so is to accept the story turning against itself.

It's an emotional journey of liberty (and in this arc, revenge) while also being a gag manga, while also being a gritty fight to the death with the weight of everyone (including the crew and the people of Wano and Oden's legacy) riding on Luffy's shoulders whilst also being a fight for fighting's sake.

In theory, these thematic trappings can still be balanced but the problem is that Oda tends to jettison one for the other rather than balance them.

(This probably isn't help by the fact that Luffy feels slightly flanderised in the New World compared with his earlier incarnations, who while still very light hearted and free wheeling, was allowed to have moments where he made very heart hearted and mature decisions that made him feel like a leader too)

the only real complaint is that it's a war/raid arc, which means that like marineford and Dressrosa it's gonna be very conviniently written and make everyone look like a fucking idiot.
Unlike Dressrosa Wano has enough cool shit and character moments to back up the shit writing so I'm not hating it,
I would also say that it's too long but I want to read it all in one go before making that statement

Attached: 1604261800595.png (294x271, 116.75K)

Well, it's true for most of the post-TS arcs.

>reddit spacing
Didn't read.

I hate how no fucking character can just stay down. We don't need 8 samurai running around doing tasks anyone could accomplish, and to have them be up and running and fighting minutes after Kaido almost killed them makes him look like a shitter. I also hate how dragged out the fight between him and Luffy has become. There must be better ways to show how strong a yonkou is than to have him tank twenty chapters worth of attacks from Luffy.

People forget this is a weekly manga tho. "Wait and re-read it when it's done in 3-4 years" kinda suggests as an author you're failing to work within the format.

HE also has a big ass.

>Kaido finally gets a backstory when he joins

The raid was the biggest thing I guess. Adding his daughter OC to improve sales was a good move for the marketing team but sucked for the story. It's awful how the manga is being rushed while at the same time he reuses the same plot over and over again. How many times momo needs a flashback to get his will? How many times luffy needs to lose to add tension? How many times orochi needs to die? How many times kaido needs to do the same boring attack routine with a name change?
If oda actually knew how to draw fights this would not be so big of a issue, but he doesn't. Because kaido still has a Buddha king left he will not win with the punch next chapter and will again do a final attack. We may never get a proper flashback.
I hate wano. Looking at Japanese boards they also are not that thrilled about the saga.

>Worororo, Mugiwara, remember the time I was part of another D.'s crew

>"Holy freaken crap, it's Rocks D. Xebec"

You will be lucky if he gets one.

Yamato already had 3 shit flashbacks. We don't need more time wasted on shit

Can Law move Onigashima, even with Kaido's haki?

>it's gonna be very conviniently written and make everyone look like a fucking idiot.
What do you mean?

>Can Law
Yes

Kaido isn't infusing Onigashima with his haki, so yes. The bigger problem would be to move all that mass at once.

I'm not sure if he has the stamina to make a room that big let alone his situation after his fight with Big mom

>why is momo's fruit a failure?
Vegapunk call it a failure, he might be lying to the government. He allowed Kuma to guard Sunny for 2 years and was in opposition to Cesar unethical experiments. He may be /ourguy/.

>how did jinbei get away ?
power of friendship

Attached: 1647838405963.jpg (145x128, 8.7K)

yeah, waifu-fags are the worst

we all know who the best girls are

Attached: 94917639_p6.png (595x800, 525.28K)

Vegapunk will appear soon. I'm pretty curious about how Tama's had the WG latest tech living isolated from everyone in a isolated country.

JOINmato

Attached: 1650836140720.jpg (2048x1390, 409.04K)

Weekly is a shit format.

Nah. Plenty of stories work fine in a weekly format. Oda just drags things out too much for little reason.

>Maybe you are more Oden then me!
>How can I be Oden and not be free?!
>I want to sail out to sea and go on adventures!!! I want to live as free as Oden did.

Yamato wanting to be Oden is just a facade. What she really wants is the freedom that Oden had. Freedom that she never experienced growing up as Kaido's daughter. Oden has become a symbol of everything that Yamato longed for in her life. One piece is a series about freedom and dreams. Yamato's dream is to go out on adventures and be free. And her deepest inspiration is Oden's journal, her "Bible" a story of freedom, adventures, friendship. A story of pirates. Later, she also got deeply moved by Luffy, just like Oden got with Roger.

She has lived a harsh and lonely life as Kaido's daughter. The only people who were ever friendly to her were Ace, and those 3 Samurai. Kaido claims that that she will never be accepted by humans. That she will only ever be feared and hated because she's an Oni and his daughter. This way, Yamato rejects a part of herself. Yamato needs companionship which is why her sailing alone isn't a possibility.

She cannot go out and achieve her dreams until her father is defeated and her promise with the 3 samurai fulfilled. Once that happens, she will no longer have a reason to stay. A fully grown Momonosuke will be shogun and he will have his retainers, the minks, and Zunisha to help him rule and defend the country.

Kozuki Oden wanted to go out to sea and have an adventure , but he also had a responsibility to Wano. Fortunately his will is being inherited by two people, Momo and Yamato. Momo will lead Wano and Yamato will go out to sea and complete the task Oden and Roger were unable to complete, the dawn of the world.

Once Yamato realizes that she does not have to become "Oden" in order to be free or be loved. Once she finds a family who will accept her as Yamato instead of just "Oden". She will stop the Oden act once and for all.

Attached: FQkTSRAaMAIlFcA.jpg (960x960, 121.99K)

Not those hoes

The whole fucking arc

youtube.com/watch?v=XbetYk5ug2U&t=105s
This was the most kino shit in the anime and anything else doesnt come close

Yes this includes this week episode, cope

My body is ready
monet is coming back

Attached: ad0ad1be-b751-433f-9baf-f7b6b5d86597.png (760x786, 421.25K)

>all this build up for wano since punk hazard
It didn't deliver on the hype....

Attached: Yamashock1.jpg (146x204, 23.68K)

its almost perfect except for Onigashima, it dragged far too long

Attached: FRLghx3VcAEJT9V.jpg (960x1280, 210.51K)

Attached: choose Yamato.png (1920x1080, 1.42M)

Attached: yamasmug.jpg (2048x2048, 277.59K)

Sry for being a newfag:
Which shite (besides here obviously) should i keep track of for seeing spoilers as soon as it drop?

Attached: Cutemoto.jfif.jpg (267x189, 7.85K)

I’ve come… to save this thread.

Attached: yam1.jpg (600x400, 53.51K)

>Choose Yamato
JUST DO IT
strawpoll.com/polls/YVyP24Pa7gN/results

Attached: 1650747412397.jpg (1920x1080, 205.87K)

Elbafbros...

Bruh look at these dudes

Attached: 20220425_122756.jpg (2880x2880, 582.6K)

twitter.com/onepieceanime/status/1518627927281262596

Attached: yamamoist.jpg (2041x1170, 198.32K)

_jewelry_bonney_hentai_no_sex_driver_and_risperdal_harcore_lesbian_sex_