2 seasons

>2 seasons
>1 movie
>1 movie
>release order is different to chronological order
Haruhi Suzumiya seems to me like the hardest anime to get into. So much good anime, so little time.

Attached: haruhi.gif (208x292, 206.55K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=18xQEQ6kxGg
theverge.com/2018/10/24/18019464/Yea
twitter.com/AnonBabble

it literally doesnt matter if you do release or chronological watch order

>Haruhi Suzumiya seems to me like the hardest anime to get into
only if you have an actual severe mental retardation

Maybe I do, oh well

I'm not a fan of Haruhi Suzumiya but how is it hard to follow?

Attached: mikuru haruhi.jpg (1920x1080, 639.08K)

When i torrented it they included a readme with the release order, you could also just look it up. And it's only applicable to the first season anyway

I consider every anime with more than 1 seasons hard to watch. Haruhi has further peculiarities that make it even harder for me to watch. Otoh, as said, I may have real mental retardation.

>release order is different to chronological order
It was such a petty trick all for the sake of airing the ending of the best arc as the season finale.

Wouldn't it make more sense to rearrange episodes so the best are first to hook audience? Or is there deeper symbolism and it's not done for petty reasons as increasing viewership? After all they almost killed the series with endless eight so I tend to think the whole anime is deeper than is given credit.

There is nothing to hook the audience to, the story goes downhill hard after melancholy arc and never recovers. Disappearance is a a slight bump, but they would've reached it in the first season anyway.

i liked it.

Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody is better than anything except disappearance. Sighs is pretty bad though I'll give you that

You better not skip Endless Eight.

Haruhi had a strange release method, even in the original books. Basically, the author wrote the first book as a pitch for the series. The publishers liked it and offered to turn Haruhi into a monthly series for one of their magazines. So the first book was an actual book, while most of the other stories were stand-alone monthly chapters (that later got complied into books). The author would occasionally still write full-book stories for the series, too (the "Mikuru's Adventure episode 00" was made to promote the upcoming Sighs of Haruhi Suzumiya book, which is why it's so damn weird). Hell, due to a printing delay, the baseball chapter ended up releasing before the first book.

A lot of people ended up reading the series wildly out of order because of it. Either they caught a few random stand-alone chapters in the magazine before deciding to buy the books, or they only bought the books where the monthly chapter collections were later in the series than they were supposed to be.

That's what the anime is trying to capture with the strange episode order. Like when people first read the baseball chapter at release, it was extremely disorienting because they had zero context for anything going on. The anime randomly sticks it extremely early in the series, like before the supernatural shit even starts, so the show makes a sudden jump from "grounded slice of life" to "the characters are all talking about weird sci-fi shit". It gives a similar "what the fuck am I reading?" vibe that makes the audience wonder what could have possibly lead up to it.

I disagree, it's tricky to get new fellas into though cause the slice of life-ish premise but most people who I know started it ended up watching all of it. even chan

>the story goes downhill hard after melancholy arc and never recovers.
Hot take, I think the standalone episodes compliment melancholy pretty well, especially in S1

>be me (dumbass)
>decide to watch haruhi for the first time
>download 'The Melancholy of Haruhi-chan Suzumiya'
>dont understand the hype its just a bunch of dumb jokes

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 179.08K)

>Wouldn't it make more sense to rearrange episodes so the best are first to hook audience?
It's not a bad idea but it lacks a solid finale that way, Melancholy was the only "big arc" in season 1. It flows nicely with Kyoani's order though, feels refreshing, charming and chaotic in a good way

After 16 years I finally learn how one of my all time favs came out the way it did. Thanks user.

literally just watch s1 and s2 in chrono order then the movie

it's that easy

Attached: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya - 20.mkv_snapshot_08.09_[2021.07.08_02.04.56].jpg (1920x1080, 177.33K)

>Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody is better than anything except disappearance
Good but not better than live alive, melancholy climax, someday in the rain or the mystery island,

>Wouldn't it make more sense to rearrange episodes so the best are first to hook audience?
well, you gotta see the first 6 episodes to explain the whole setup, then it goes into a bunch of one offs. so they interspearsed the one offs throughout the first arc to mind fuck you and make you wonder wtf is going on then they end on the climax of arc 1

but with season 2, chrono order makes more sense since it leads directly into the movie which has a better climax

>the movie which has a better climax
I like someday in the rain as the climax, if not for yuki's cliffhanger

Attached: yuki bringing you lunch.png (1334x1070, 1.08M)

did you love tiny ryoko?

I did. Now reading manga

But should I read alternate timeline short stories? It seems to be referenced once.

just read the ln

never

the manga is terrible bro, just read the ln

Attached: 1644172065948.jpg (1226x1402, 717.96K)

No. it's not.
That said it seems like KyoAni has abandoned the project long time ago. That's understandable cause this genre of anime has become outdated.

>this genre of anime has become outdated
what the fuck is with these people who call everything on earth obsolete? it's bad enough on /k/

Attached: alert.gif (165x115, 66.44K)

zoomers are retarded

cute haruhee

How do you explain then that 13 years have passed since the movie release and KyoAni has no intention to continue the series? The novel is still being published btw.

why would you want kyoani to make season 3 anyway?

their last decade of work has been trash

Half of the last episode, chronologically, of the original series is a static shot of Yuki reading.

kino

Violet Evergarden was decent.
Koe no Katachi was very good.
Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon was quite funny.
You can argue that the fire ruined the studio.

>Violet Evergarden was decent.
hahahaha, good one

Attached: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya - 28.mkv_snapshot_05.12_[2021.07.08_20.16.57].jpg (1920x1080, 221.9K)

Attached: [AceAres] Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu - Episode 13 [1080p BD Dual Audio x265].mkv_snapshot_12.08_[2022.04.14_12.53.46].png (1920x1080, 916.05K)

S2 is dispensable, 3/4 of it is the same episode and the artstyle took a huge nosedive.

I still want to know what kind of negotiations took place for Haruhi to have 14-episode seasons.

The more anime you watch, the more you realize none of this shit matters. Gundam was even harder to get into than Haruhi, and that's when I realized I don't give a fuck about the fan recommended order and just watch what I want.
>watched both the 0079 AND Zeta compilation movies
>just skipped ZZ
>jumped straight to CCA and Unicorn
>missed some references but I could pick up on the context anyway because I'm not a retard
tl;dr stop thinking about the order and just watch it, there's really no significance

Attached: 1627244087675.png (850x400, 103.83K)

My memory isn't the best, wasn't Someday In the Rain just Nothing Happens: The Episode?

sighs is the most important arc you tard

yes

Best girl.
Though Haruhi has a better face.

It was also the only episode directly scripted by Tanigawa.

Prepare for autism.
youtube.com/watch?v=18xQEQ6kxGg

She's so smug it's unreal.

Attached: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya - 27.mkv_snapshot_05.38_[2021.07.08_18.46.52].jpg (1920x1080, 180.18K)

Fuuuck I should watch the masterpieces of KyoAni, Haruhi and Nichijou

Remider that Yea Forums solved lower-bound superpermutations, now known as the Haruhi Problem.
theverge.com/2018/10/24/18019464/Yea Forums-user-anime-haruhi-math-mystery

Worth it

Attached: [AceAres] Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu - Episode 28 [1080p BD Dual Audio x265].mkv_snapshot_21.36_[2022.04.25_18.24.52].png (1920x1080, 1.2M)

yes. it's great.

>Hell, due to a printing delay, the baseball chapter ended up releasing before the first book.
huh I knew about how the series released generally, but I didn't know this.

Everything after disappearance is better than Melancholy. Everything.

The cardigan scene is the cliffhanger.

>the artstyle took a huge nosedive.
Meme opinion. S2 beats a good number of S1 episodes artwise

>K-on potato faces
No.