What makes a main couple likable?

What makes a main couple likable?

Attached: 1648128548111.gif (600x338, 2.59M)

Other urls found in this thread:

files.catbox.moe/xw5cdt.mp4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I've never watched Darling in the Franxx but it looks extremely derivative to me, what do people see in off-brand Haruko?

>be worst girl from beginning
>lol jk they knew each other all along, so that makers her best now
Shitty writing

but, she is better in first half

good chemistry

>what do people see in off-brand Haruko
babies first waifu

>never watched it
>makes assumptions
why are faggots like this?

Respect for each other, good chemistry, lots of interactions. Just make the audience want the two to be together.

Attached: I adore you, boss.jpg (900x1282, 175.63K)

Anything better than the garbage you posted.

Mutual respect, chemistry, a sense of fun, plenty of time to interact. Plus both individuals need to be interesting and charming in their own rights. Bland characters are only enjoyed by the superficial.

Attached: __makise_kurisu_and_okabe_rintarou_steins_gate_drawn_by_miya_hooooo__7a6c40ad0ace1fa3a319378063040c90.jpg (689x1020, 197.22K)

explain "chemistry" to an autist. People use it like any other buzzword. What the fuck does that even mean?

It means both members of the pairing have personalities that compliment each other very well. Taking either one away from the other would leave them lesser.

What determines what compliments what?

Attached: 1622965772450.jpg (374x374, 40.54K)

Dino was always best.

wat show? i don't watch a lot of anime

That one with the characters in OP's pic.

>the show where the side couple stole the spotlight because of how boring and shit the main couple was.

Girls is hot and not a Mary Sue

What was the name of this again? General-san something?
I probably have like 50 chapters to read.

I genuinely liked this show
that is all

This guy gets it. A good couple is two good characters that become better when together.

Attached: rin shirou3.jpg (810x1044, 62.16K)

did any nip studio attempt a cartoon-style anime or not?

P&S

>off-brand
its practically the same brand tho

True Love

files.catbox.moe/xw5cdt.mp4

Boku No Kokoro No Yabai Yatsu

Attached: 6F601DF7-84D7-4655-9507-40276AD44CAB.png (777x1200, 351.73K)

>true love
>Zero Two and Hiro get cucked and die while Kokkoro and everyone else gets to have children and raise families
lol
lmao

Mutual tsun

>What makes a main couple likable?
The answer to this is highly dependent on context. In harem manga, it’s very difficult for this to be the case. For one thing, the obvious endgame girl still isn’t allowed to be too close with the MC, or there’s too much benefit of the doubt. This lowers their level of chemistry, or rather, it leads people to look away from her.

In true harems, though, there’s still usually a main girl, but they have a much greater ability to be a good pairing. For one, since they’re actually a couple, they can be as close as possible. Even though the MC’s attention is split, there’s no beating around the bush.

I’ll say that’s probably what makes a couple great. They’re direct with each other, don’t dance around things, or if they do, it’s not for long. There’s no shame or uncertainty about their love. However, it’s important that the individuals in the couple are actually enjoyable characters. The male can often be too passive, to the point you don’t really want to see him happy. The girl can still act like a tsundere even when they’re in a relationship, and that can lead to bad feelings. And for both, too much shyness doesn’t feel sweet, it feels like a drag. Hopefully I got the idea across.

Let's face it, the first and most important thing is that the girl is cute and the boy vaguely relatable

And you both posted a tsundere. Great job.

Attached: qb great work.png (1488x1049, 1.02M)

I never ship anyone and yet I keep sending weekly letters to kinoko to get off his ass and write a lighthearted romcom sequel about their life in London

>Hopefully I got the idea across.
You pretty much hit the nail on the head. So many potentially interesting couples are dragged down because they just aren't open with one another.

Isn't that just a modern thing in general and not just limited to anime? People not saying anything for so long that it ends up they really don't have anything to say?

They need to be in an otherwise interesting series, and then they need to never steal time away from a part of the series that's more interesting than they are.

For Hiro and Zero Two it was how they were both completely mental. Zero Two is a schizo whose mind is constantly at odds with itself while Hiro is a sociopath feigning to care about his friends when in reality the only thing that can get him going is monster girls

It was a good hook. First half of the show, most of the discussion was on whether she was evil and if she was really poisoning him to death to eat him.

>What makes a main couple likable?
when they make it abundantly clear that they love each other with no room for misunderstandings

How often does that happen? Name one example that isn't S;G or Fate.

it's like complimentary personalities

don't hurt your head trying to understand it

Rin doesn't make Shirou more interesting tho

Shirou is always boring

kek, just proves the only true love is love for your kids

Shouldn't compatibility be self-evident on any board that isn't this one?

the amount of anime with incompatible romances proves it's not something anime watchers understand

Genuine, proper romance. No bullshit harem cockblocking, cucking, tsundere antics or any of that nonsense.

It's kind of a systemic problem. Would you say there's an anime couple that's too compatible, to a point where it's a source of arguments and plot? What would be an example of this?

Social media and psychiatry has ironed everyone into elevator music. The idea of different personalities complementing each other is an old idea that doesn't exist very much these days of social media where everyone wants to have an universally appealing profile.

SAO, Arifureta, oh my goddess,bakemonogatari, chuunibyou, onegai teacher, seishun butaiyarou, kenja no mago

>Would you say there's an anime couple that's too compatible
Kurisu and Makabe?

anime is suppose to be an escape from the soulless and mindless npcs of reality

Yeah that would be a good one.

It's funny how this would happen in a climate that allegedly values diversity but doesn't value privacy or personal freedom.

Attached: yang point.jpg (960x720, 64.46K)

Main character couples often pale in comparison to side pairings. This is a fact

Attached: Mitsuru and Kokoro.jpg (1000x1434, 203.54K)

based beyond belief
I've recently accidentally read some fucked-up smut fanfics of these two that have mortified me, how do I cleanse them from my mind so I don't have this ruined in my head?

Attached: 1649296899787.jpg (450x600, 34.54K)

Being the original version and not some shitty clone.

Attached: 021_0709da1e0dd42121eb5910131e748bc4f90f39f4f5537c8b2e6682cc7f4947ad.gif (460x345, 1014.85K)

Precarious Woman Executive Miss Black General

Attached: Boss and Secretart kiss.jpg (1197x1617, 356.52K)

Ane Naru Mono makes it clear that Yuu and Chiyo really, really love each other.
Helps that they come from an H-manga where the "I love you" count is probably at least 10 per page.

Attached: I'm alright.png (1426x2048, 1.07M)

Go read the fluffy diabetes-inducing vanilla smut manga instead.

Attached: media_BY09vbXCIAAoqiU.jpg name=orig.jpg (968x1000, 94.45K)

Where would I go on about finding that?

Attached: 1649810033517.jpg (385x800, 110.26K)

or just rewatch episode 25

Watch episode 25 as says, then reverse image search this page.

Attached: 09.png (982x1400, 1.31M)