Netflix is canceling all anime originals

Attached: AAAABd6Tf8AYZMzjfdi595WdL1mkDFDQgJeoeZ3_tNMj8A6FwY9qvlpUK1pQhNy43Q1RMZ4XQE9uE5lg6kQVvihhGsLa4twy.jpg (1280x720, 178.37K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/iRZ2Sh5-XuM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

thank god and good riddance

I fucking hate Beastars, fuck you Orange give me more Houseki no Kuni

Checked the list, only sad about Kengan ashura and house husband.
Of course if this is true, which it probably isnt.

Who even watches their live action shit?

good

Attached: 1650690103229.webm (1920x1080, 2.92M)

Sth like Kengan Ashura probably wouldn't be cancelled, it's a profitable franchise.

>house husband

Attached: 1650004834756.jpg (827x731, 72.46K)

Attached: 1591221064211.jpg (500x500, 71.78K)

Will they get to finish production on the current seasons or is it all dead

just read House Husband instead, it's not like the show actually had any animation

You can google it if you want verification, but be warned the netflix executive's interview is physically painful to read. They directly say the only good show worth keeping that netflix animation has is the boss baby animated series because it's extremely profitable. No, seriously.

dead

I want to put anal beads in Tanya's ass

Time to celebrate.

They are hedging their bets on the five night at faggies in lieu of anime

Hey HAL

I need my Bastard!! anime

Attached: 3563FC9D-3517-4838-982C-9DE02EC5D945.jpg (1500x2104, 714.26K)

and the ones that were announced allredy like baki or jojo's?

jojo's been canceled. they're releasing the 8 episodes they've already made and then canning it

HOLY SHIT DOES THAT MEAN JOJOS SAVED? PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD GET NETFLIX TO TAKE THEIR DICKS OFF THAT SERIES

>watched boss baby series out of boredom expecting the worse
>actually enjoyed watching it
>surprising adult humor regarding business and economics that actually made me laugh
Why do people hate Boss Baby again?

Because it's not Pixar. The movie was fine too.

fuck you netflix
im unsuscribing rightnow, hope that this fiasco really is their dead

We did it gembuttbros!

Name one (1) good Netflix anime.

Link? I couldn't find anything about this. Another larp?

>they buy the rights to attack on titan the final final season and then don't make it

source: none

I hope it's true though, fuck netflix sticking their grubby censorious hands into anime. Good riddance.

BASED BASED BASED BASED BASED

Attached: 000asta.jpg (1080x1080, 415.65K)

based kerokero :FeelsOkayMan:

This is retarded on multiple levels but it's netflix so I am not surprised.
1. Why would they cancel the only shit people came for?
2. What costs them all the fucking money are their shitty live action "blockbusters" they shit out weekly that nobody watches, they try to rival cinema
3. Just showing episodes WEEKLY instead of dumping them would make people stick for longer and they wouldn't need a new series to "bing" every fucking week because the audience would be busy with the airing series
4. Doing shit like what they do with Jojo. Even dumping it at once is better than shitting out a few episodes and then waiting literal months maybe years without ever fucking announcing when the rest even comes till everybody including fans have moved on and stopped caring

So altogether complete retardation.

Takeing money away from studios is not going to make make anything better but cgi shows can fuck off so nothing of value was lost.

jesus fuck is this what they have reduced GitS to?

Of all the things likely to get cancelled, it's not the anime productions. JoJo is an endless money pit in overseas markets, no matter how much they abuse it

Yes.

Cause they lost subscribers and their stock priced tanked so they are probably activating the contingency plan they put in place. My guess is this plan calls for a sharp course correction away from ambitious spending toward extremely conservative safe bets. From here on out it is lowest common denominator garbage until subscriptions recover.

What I find funny is other companies keep copying the binge format thinking it's actually what people want instead of realizing netflix are just retarded

>JoJo is an endless money pit
true, that's why they're canceling it. do you know what this term means?

I think there was some embezzlement involved in that department or something.

Actually, Disney and Amazon haven't been copying it, they've gone to weekly release format for a lot of their big titles. Amazon already did it for anime. Actually it was a kind of hybrid system where they'd release the first 3 eps all at once, then do weekly releases after, or else batches of 3 episodes at a time. Clearly they're experimenting with what generates the best viewership numbers and the longest audience retention.

>house husband
a fucking powerpoint presentation

I died laughing when I saw that Agent Smith looking dude in the show.

>Of course if this is true, which it probably isnt.
Cope

Attached: 1090421435557.jpg (932x673, 90.47K)

Didn't even know Bone was getting an adaptation. Sad. Enjoyed that in elementary school

I think they're talking about animations made in-house

youtu.be/iRZ2Sh5-XuM

That is their animation projects that are in-house, not anime, where they simply contract studios in Japan.

>its animation efforts
>its
inhouse is dead (thank fuck) but the other stuff is just free money. Demon Slayer alone which isn't even directly funded by them probably makes an assload of money once they get their cut

oh fuck is baki in trouble?

Another idiocy is that they are mainly looking at what they lose and not what they got solely because of covid because normalfags couldn't do their normalfag shit for a while so they subscribed to netflix and are now leaving again because the restrictions are over.

yeah how is he gonna get out of this one

Yes, I liked it.

Yeah that isn't anything about anime, all it talks about is their in-house western shit. Netflix despite touting their anime as "netflix original" don't actually make them, they pay Japanese studios to make them. Bankrolling anime projects isn't cheap but it's cheaper than trying to run your own animation department.

So shaman king flowers got btfo? Lmao

I do want it. I don't like waiting like it's 1994 again.

>Known as a streaming service that hosts animation projects too obscure and experimental to be supported somewhere else
>Cancels all of them
Good job, Nutflex

Is Netflix imploding right now? I think in one week I've seen like a dozen different retarded decisions from them one after another.

>so instead of getting something I want now I get nothing I want. I see this as a major win for me
Culture warriors Everyone

They went too far with the raising of prices in this market, but the big hit dropping Russia and losing something like 700k subscribers because of it.

Netflix has been running on borrowed time for a while. For a long time now they've been anticipating a contraction in subscribers because they've lost all the popular syndicated shows that made them into a huge success in the first place. Now they have competition from the copyright holders of those shows who now run their own streaming platforms. That's why Netflix started spending so outrageously on original content years back, in preparation for losing all those popular titles. They needed a library of hit shows to keep people subscribed, let alone attract new subscribers.

They've been borrowing ridiculous sums of money for years at this point and have reached the point where they can't borrow anymore. This loss of subscriptions probably has the leadership spooked and they're afraid it's the sign of the big collapse they were sure was to come. And so they've started slashing budgets and cancelling projects to get ahead of it. It could be this is just the covid streaming bubble popping like you said, and they can just go back to business as usual if it isn't the precursor to a huge drop, but given the Netflix leadership have info we don't, I think they are seeing this drop as the presage to a crisis.

Netflix will probably survive but in a much reduced capacity. We will probably see Netflix shrink into irrelevancy in our lifetimes if they can't recover from this.

Netflix is imploding. They posted an extremely extremely bad quarterly report, their stock price tanked, they made a ton of bad decisions in short succession in response, and now they're in a death spiral

They will all kill themselves with all these streaming services

Fuck off pepe spamming twitter immigrant