Thoughts on GLT (Girls Last Tour)?

Finished watching this today, and I'm left with an inexplicable feeling in my stomach and throat. I don't know if I should laugh, or cry.

The premise of the show is quite unusual, and they manage to carry the show through 12 episodes with only 2 MCs. There are only 3 supporting characters over the 12 episode run, and each is featured in 1, and at most 2 episodes.

The world portrayed in GLT is bleak, yet beautiful. Sure there is nobody around, and the world is dead...but on the bright side there is no competition. No violence. No nasty people fucking with your life. You scrounge, scavenge and pick at the carcass of a dead civilization to survive. Life and death is in your own hands, not the machinations of those above in some arbitrary hierarchy.

Attached: GLT-1038x576.jpg (1038x576, 57.46K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/DrjKg5RJvJI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>I don't know if I should laugh, or cry.
Read the manga and finish the story. Then you'll know.

I think that's part of the message on the walls. Chito's innards being spilled on the fucking ground tracing out a pattern just like ber books. And the nuko statues looking exactly like a well shaped log can't be a coincidence. Tkmiz hides it well but it's pretty obvious that he's a fan of shit. Look at shimeji sim as well.

What do you think yuuri's shit smells like?

>girls last tour

You did finish the manga though, right? It doesn't end at the anime.

what the hell is wrong with you

Attached: chito.png (508x512, 123.98K)

this fag didn't count nuko as a character
and also the fish

read the manga.

glt is interesting because unlike almost all apocalypse anime that seems creepy but is ultimately just a fictional world and at most a long-shot possibility, it's a certainty that at some point there will be the last few humans ever, maybe even down to the last two. it really will happen one day

nuko, kanazaqa, ishii. three supporting characters. the fish and robots aren't supporting cast.

Pretty boring show desu, and quite depressing on that.

Its a wonderful series to put on in the dead of winter, late at night while you are having a drink doing something else.

Attached: 1569802042015.png (2560x1440, 2.66M)

There is hope in the existential. Light and dark and just different states and ways to see things. I found the series quite enthralling then again I always found philosophy and survival fascinating.

Attached: 1586700426885.jpg (1920x4320, 1.08M)

Yeah I finished it last year and I still think about it almost every day. That's why I gave it a 10/10. The world of Girls' Last Tour is so beautiful and I miss these girls so much.

Attached: 1649226373080.jpg (850x1224, 105.08K)

I still like listening to Amadare no Uta during the rare days it rains here. The insert songs were one element the anime had over the manga, the two times they were used were perfect.

youtu.be/DrjKg5RJvJI

Attached: EWNds6HUYAE02Tc.jpg (1920x1080, 1.13M)

is this the thread or do i have to wait for tomorrow?

Attached: DN0zZHwVoAADnUE.jpg (1200x675, 85.3K)

It will confuse people if Shimeji Simulation isn't in the OP.

Attached: Ezbhjv5VIAEoYGs.jpg (1920x1080, 703.76K)

I loved that scene. I remember tearing up from the joy I felt.

Attached: 1627296966720.gif (1920x1080, 938.43K)

Will TKMZ ever revisit this idea? Hunter Gatherer Girls/Girls First Tour. Recast Chito and Yuuri as two girls wandering at the beginning of human civilization as writing, cooking, pottery, art ect were being invented. Just as they were the last two people.

Attached: 1527911487187.jpg (1200x1200, 201.42K)

The only things keeping it from being a solid 10/10 in my opinion are the CGI kettenkrad, and that they didn't animate the whole series. Otherwise it was great, and living through the 2010s sure was great.

He really should, or at least someone needs to do a version of it, the concept of a hunter gatherer manga is really cool.

I didn't like this at all.

>muh nihilism
>muh finding good in bad
>muh hopelessness
yeah and?

Maybe im too young to get it, or im too high IQ to fall for it
never saw any good reason for being sad about things being hopeless, and maybe it only appeals to people who do.
don't get me wrong I think it's great for people who do, but I can't be the only one who thinks all that
I didn't enjoy my time but still have it the benefit of the doubt because one user shilled girls last tour too me and everything anons say is true

The ending of the manga was the only thing I managed to "enjoy"

Attached: 1605604970604.png (255x239, 14.27K)

>I'm left with an inexplicable feeling in my stomach and throat.
Shouldn't have swallowed lmao

There's nothing nihilistic about GLT. Personally I took it as more of a stoic message than anything.

Attached: 1627897387447.png (850x400, 151.91K)

It's amazing.

it is a delicious copypasta
you must eat it

Damn I literally read that copypasta a multiple times and still fell for it.

I read the manga knowing damn well what was gonna happen but I still cried like a bitch when it did

This site has been overrun with genuine schizos since the pandemic and toliet fags have been getting real uppity in the last year too

you're not japanese

sleep tight potatoes

Read the manga. It's even better.

>2022
>people still think they died at the end of the manga

the owlturd of his age

Attached: c1a.jpg (680x680, 68.9K)

Nah. He might say some like: the thief was better than I am in chaining my bike. But he acquired the bike at a price: he became a thief for its sake, for its sake, he lost his ability to be trusted, for a bike he became a brute. And be imagined he came out ahead.

Did the magic aliens save them user ?

>GLT (Girls Last Tour)
Go back to crunchyroll.

It's great. One of the two or three best shows ever made, in my opinion.

See pic.

Attached: Sleep Tight Taters.jpg (640x550, 225.82K)

Good, now go read Shimeji Simulation.

Attached: 13_3.png (1114x1600, 625.75K)

I just went to the mall this weekend to watch a movie and the comics shop there had all 6 volumes so I ended up buying them. Really enjoying rereading it on physical format. Such a beautiful manga. I really hope Shimeji Simulation gets animated one day.

god I wish I was in their world and was friends with them

Attached: unknown-87.png (1697x1665, 1.22M)

> the fish and robots aren't supporting cast.
That's where you're wrong, kiddo.

Attached: cute is justice.jpg (1280x720, 144.44K)

You know the way.

Attached: __original_drawn_by_tsukumizu_yuu__sample-f87ca813219b32abafa74a9942f8018c.jpg (850x598, 106.37K)

I wish to take Majime’s mother as my wife.

not today tkmiz, I've got to finish the shoulder a coffin kuro storytime

Yuuri was such a great fish. (The whole of Episode 5 was godlike. One of the best individual episodes of any show, any time, ever.)

Attached: Splash.jpg (960x540, 186.4K)

Same, I too want a funny hair ornament

It's great, I prefer the manga but the anime is timeless too. Despite being so bleak, I'd still categorize it as a wholesome SOL for the most part. I hope Yuuri user is alive

Attached: __yuuri_and_chito_shoujo_shuumatsu_ryokou_drawn_by_tsukumizu_yuu__sample-f95cff4ca9386799f89541cebca06de3.jpg (850x1134, 259.33K)

Is there even a chapter? Tkmiz is still having a bit of an episode

Attached: fish.png (595x266, 30.54K)

tkmiz wants to die everyday, user. Idk if we'll get a new chapter tho

Attached: tkmiz_smile.jpg (400x400, 42.35K)

classic

Attached: afterword.png (2798x1920, 1.27M)

We got a chapter last month despite Tkmiz not posting a preview picture. I suppose we'll know about this time tomorrow, as that's when the chapter will drop and the Comic Cune website will update and list if there's a chapter.

This. You gotta experience it firsthand.

I love this cat.

Attached: 1512758936666.jpg (1280x720, 37.59K)

*cut

Attached: 5a370283b4e96.jpg (1200x675, 34.96K)

Is it good?

I tried to get my ex to watch it but she got to episode 2 and didnt like it. Fuck that cunt

VERY