Most deaths in chainsawman are bullshit and served no purpose

Most deaths in chainsawman are bullshit and served no purpose

Attached: 1591979784085.jpg (604x688, 102.05K)

Some you could tell were trying to get a reaction out of the audience
When they killed makima I just went "She'll be back" because it wouldn't make any sense to kill her off now and so suddenly
Same for Power, I just didn't feel anything when it happened

Do you think every death needs to "serve a purpose?" Are characters just board pieces you move around or discard to further your narrative?

Shocking the death is the ultimate goal of every piece of media. Nothing else matters.

Yeah
If they are in the story and I'm suppose to care about them, then their death should do something to advance the story or help develop the other characters

Or at least be poetic

On the contrary, most deaths here are to serve Makima's long scheme, to build Denji's relationships up and then rip them away from him. Doing so will break his spirit, causing him to sever his contract with Pochita, and so Makima can be rid of the annoying human in between her and the Chainsaw Man she adores.

That is why Aki died, and why Power also died. Makima is the villain behind the majority of bad things that happen to Denji in the series.

True but fujimoto only cares for dennis and makima/nayuta

I stopped caring about any of the characters after I realized they're all going to get killed off for shock value

>shitty edgy manga is edgy
no fucking shit user
what others pearls of wisdom do you have share with us?

I think OP is talking more about like that meme who? guy who died, the fiends of chink girl, and blah blah

You could easily argue most deaths impacted other characters in significant ways. On a more meta level, showing that even apparently important characters can die raises the tension and the stakes for the rest of the story.

Water is not wet

go on
I'm intrigued now

There are no rats in Alberta

How did Aki die anyway

Got shot by the Gun Devil.

Not really since we were literally told they were going to die. Now we know important characters only die when we're told beforehand

Which purpose served Beam and Violence deaths

They're Makima's agents. All her devil agents are named after classes of angels, as she herself is a Lucifer analogue.

Angel - Angels
Prinz - Principalities
Power - Powers
Beam - Cherubim
Galgalim/Violence - Ophanim

>Violence fiend had fake memories
new designs, what else? It's not like that was the first time Shark Devil died anyway. All of them will be back cause they are CSM's followers.

Makima will be back in future too because Apocalypse hasn't happened yet.

CSM is pretty predictable once you learn Makima is the first Horseman.

Attached: Apocalypse.jpg (1520x756, 174.97K)

Go turned into gun devil hybrid and then was killed by Denji

Your point?

>Most
Kek

That's kind of hot right there, ngl.

Counter point: they fact that they are pointless is kind of a point. Very basic observation any human being should be able to make not to come up with such a shit thread: when Kobeni quit the only job she could find was a part-timer at burger joint. Kobeni is trained not to kill people, but to kill demons and only other job she's qualified for is serving burger, and she's not fucking great at it. She's both overqualified for it and sucks at it, and she survived a trip to hell.

Attached: hrwldubx25t61.jpg (640x932, 164.64K)

most deaths in real life are the same

Whip Hybrid is cute

Attached: Ev0KPFAVEAEA6r6.jpg (2000x1500, 369.23K)

That's the point. Chainsawman is battle shonen but nihilist.

Attached: 0079-017.jpg (1067x1600, 547.73K)

It's not really nihilist if the character has a reason to live for. Even if that reason is really bad life material.

Attached: Kishibe.jpg (398x579, 83.62K)

death in real life serves no purpose

If anything it's the opposite. The whole story is Denji gaining more reasons to live, and nearly dying when he tries to go back to staying alive for its own sake as Makima's do

Reason to live doesn't mean it's the opposite, nihilist just means the bad shit that happens to him is random. No underlying structure or purpose to any of the suffering.

That definition is wrong and it still doesn't apply to CSM anyway, since all the suffering Denji goes through is caused on purpose by another character

>nihilist just means the bad shit that happens to him is random
A) no it doesn't
B) it wasn't random, Makima was orchestrating it to try and invalidate Denji's contract with Pochita

>When they killed makima I just went "She'll be back" because it wouldn't make any sense to kill her off now and so suddenly
You can say that now when everybody already knows she's the main villain, but at the time it was unclear where the story was even going it was a genuinely interesting turn of events.

It's just what I was about to write. Any accidents that happen around an overattached girlfriend aren't really accidental or even deniable.

Caused on purpose doesn't mean there is purpose to suffering. Someone shooting and killing your mother would caused by the action of another person but that doesn't mean there was purpose to it in a grand sense. There's no karma or cosmic justice that was punishing you there, the suffering is random and senseless. There's no meaning to it even if the suffering is caused by another individual for their own reasons.

>chainsawman is bullshit and served no purpose

It was like reading two Bleach arcs.

Yes, that is in fact how storytelling works. I loved Chainsawman but I think this is one of the most fair criticisms. How erratic and wacky the manga is is part of the fun but admittedly it makes it kinda sloppy in other aspects

That's still not nihilism. And it STILL doesn't apply to CSM since Denji correctly blames himself as much as Makima for what happened

Yes it is, you can't point to any purpose for suffering beyond "Makima planned it"
Someone can plan to ruin your life but that doesn't mean there was any meaning to it, not in the grand scheme of things. There's no meaning to anything bad that happens in the world which leads to the "you can't have good things without bad things" cope from Denji.

>Yes it is, you can't point to any purpose for suffering beyond "Makima planned it"
Denji's growth required him to gain and lose what he wanted to become someone who can shape his own life and take care of his new family(Nayuta).
Bad things happening is not a cope, it's just part of the world we live in. The actual cope is believing in sky daddy or karma

Were all the citizens killed by the Gun Devil meant to grow Denji as a person? Absolutely not and bad things happening absolutely is a cope. There's evil and suffering in the world, you can't get rid of it or make sense of it so what do you do? Justify its existence by believing good things can't exist without the bad to compare it to. I experience suffering, I can't do anything about it so I choose to believe I can't know a good life without such suffering. It's no less of a cope than believing sky daddy puts you through suffering as a test for heaven or suffering exists because you did bad things in your past life. The fundemental thing is that you're justifying the existence of bad things happening in the world.

Just like IRL

Chainsaw Man was pretty good but I felt like it was way too short for me to actually care about anything that happened

and that's why firepunch is better

This was the stupidest shit
>You will die in the worst possible way... For the protagonist trolololol!
And am I delsuional or was there aome kind of angel and aki plotline foreshadowing?

He had sex with that Angel boy

Aki and Angel had no plotlines for them, just some parallels(like most of the other main characters)

>characters doesn't die
>Yea Forums complains
>characters die
>Yea Forums complains
the absolute state of this shit board

This is a bait thread, go somewhere else.

I like it when named characters die instead of having absolute plot power like in OP. Makes the story feel less predictable if you know characters can just die at any time even if they are important/popular.

>NOOO YOU CAN'T CRITICIZE FUJIMOOOOTO

The real problem of CSM is the reincarnation system.

Devils and Fiends are immortal. Only Primordial Devils have never once experienced death cause they are too strong.

Author can revive any dead Devils and dead Fiends by giving them new designs.

There's a high chance that Devils can retrieve their old memories in future.

Makima might return in future cause she is related to the Four Horsemen.

Hybrids are too hard to kill.

The Halloween Girl will remember everything cause of her library.

As long as the brains are not damaged, you can even revive human characters by turning them into Special Fiends like Violence Fiend. Reminder that China and other countries use Fiends for military purposes. It means Makima and Bureau could even revive Snake Girl, Tall Girl etc if they want to.

Author only killed Himeno, Aki, bunch of nameless Devil Hunters in Part 1. Even One Piece has killed more named characters than CSM.

Attached: 0065-005.jpg (1520x2400, 838.89K)

Do people still think that reincarnation = literally coming back? Power is dead, Makima is dead, Nayuta getting her memories back won't make her Makima, Fujimoto can hack Makima back but that's not the way. Beam doesn't have special memories, if you think so youre a speedreader.
Demons "possessing" corpses will not bring humans back. Even Violence Fiend who was highly influenced by Arai had a different personality. They are dead, get over.

>Demons "possessing" corpses will not bring humans back.

I know.

This ??? Devil had fixed Snake Girl's body, Tall Girl's body, and other Fiend's bodies. Why did he give this devil such power?

Author had never used fake out death in Fire Punch, but CSM had a lot of fake out deaths.

It feels like author is afraid of killing off his characters or something.

Also, anime will be coming out this year. I think he would reuse Snake Girl design if she became popular.

Attached: 0033-016.jpg (1520x2400, 729.03K)

to be honest CSM is pretty shallow. characters have no effect on me aside from Aki. so their deaths was like "oh cool" instead of oh that's sad.

There's a pretty big difference of killing characters you introduced few chapters in and ones like Aki. the few chapters are as good as NPC deaths. they're meaningless

this shit is overrated as fuck

I agree. maybe im getting too old or there has been a massive wave of newfags. idk

This

>Do people still think that reincarnation = literally coming back? Power is dead, Makima is dead, Nayuta getting her memories back won't make her Makima, Fujimoto can hack Makima back but that's not the way. Beam doesn't have special memories, if you think so youre a speedreader.

It's up to readers, i think. Shit like this and "Come find me" confirmed Devils have the souls or cores or whatever you want to call it.

Attached: 0053-021.jpg (1520x2400, 642.61K)

I got the same complaint here I had for Castlevania. The author's COOM is preventing him from writing the same story and the same relationship but ten times better. The immaturity just gets passed on to the characters.

I swear to god Aki has the best second thoughts faces out of all characters ever made.

>Even One Piece has killed more named characters than CSM.

Literally only one aside from flashbacks