Says anime

>says anime
>subs 'cartoons'

Attached: mpv-shot0674.jpg (1280x720, 209.59K)

Anime are cartoons.

imagine being european

>says Shōnen manga
>subs 'comic books'

It was Cartoons though? Bond Man is a cartoon

>say esper
>subs telepath

>says aisu
>subs 'ice cream'

Anime means animation in Japan, there is no distinction between nation of origin. In a European setting, characters saying anime = cartoons.

There is literally not a single thing wrong about this. You are just autistic.

anime = animation = (japanese) cartoons

Do I have to remind you again, Yea Forums trannies?

Attached: 1646311646260.jpg (750x696, 118.4K)

>muh glorious nippon anime. folded a thousand times and superior to european cartoons

Attached: file.png (600x800, 591.89K)

Now do the movies!

>Yea Forums troon gets humiliated
>B...BUT MUH LIVE ACTION!
kek, everytime

>says tony kaku
>subs "in any case"

>But if we look at the data this way I am correct
Kek

>troon
Only tourists say that instead of tranny. And only tourists randomly call people trannies. Go back.

>says oni (or akuma)
>subs troll or ogre

I only use Yea Forums though. Been here since 2012

"Anime" is literally the Japanese term for cartoon

is it true that japanese people say japanimation instead of anime sometimes?

>Original works where author has most control of where story goes, most stories have endings
>Outselling impenetrable frequently retconned garbage lore, writing passing from author to author like a prison bitch and under tight editorial control making sure only the most terrible ideas take place either for a strict mandated status quo, or changes only for the sake of clickbait and free publicity of controversy, followed by another inevitable reboot.

>weebs still pretending there's anime is just cartoons
lol lmoa rmao

Why do you guys get so mad and act competitive over watching stuff, nobody has even gotten a gold medal for watching stuff.

Yea Forums's IQ just keeps falling.

Attached: never.jpg (375x375, 40.57K)

It's all we have

>says lolicon
>subs "pedophile"

Know your trolling, but what's the actual difference between the two?

just get better things

Correct

pedophile = lolicon

Attached: 1629330015998.png (497x385, 79.59K)

>machine translation get Japanese wrong
Many such cases!

Anime is so superior and different to cartoons that it is reasonable to classify it as its own thing even if the nips themselves don't do as such.

Not even a Japanophile thing it's just facts.

Attached: The_Thief_and_the_Cobbler1.jpg (1400x1400, 154.89K)

There is none lmao

I'm only half trolling.
I always assumed lolicon is a word for somebody who likes little girls but doesn't want to have sex with them. Just appreciate the innocence and beauty of prepubecent girls on a level thats not carnal.
If it doesn't mean that it sucks we can't have a word for something inbetween fatherly feelings and wanting to have sex with children.

>newfag quoting OP

>burger megacorp pushing their agenda to keep pedophilia exclusive to the 1%
color me suprised

>takes place in not germany
>not a cartoon

>he doesn't have an anime viewing medal
Everyone point and laugh! LAUGH! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHA!
I have a theory that the more a certain hobby or activity is frowned upon or generates 'really?' looks the more competitive and judgemental those who participate are

No.

edit: I'm suprised at my own stupidity.
Lolicon just doesn't have a word in english because mutts and bongs can't comprehend liking strangers children without wanting to put your penis inside them

u r the big dum

t. pleb

he's right though, go back to Yea Forumsmblr and watch ur lgbtq calarts shit

agree

Lolicon is a portmanteau of the phrase "Lolita Complex" referencing the novel "Lolita" in which an older man develops an attraction to a 12 year old girl.
Basically, a pedophile.

The absolute worst translation fuck up is that when Loid asks Yor what her educational philosophy is she says this

Attached: educational philosophy.jpg (1510x716, 468.3K)

Why can't we just called it anime? Nobody calls Takoyaki "Baked Octopus".

instead of this.

Attached: educational philosophy.png (645x804, 278.04K)

You can call it Takoyaki or Baked Octopus. But crying "noooo, it is Takoyaki you dirty gaijin. Not a baked octopus" is just silly

In K-ON, I remember Yui saying "special burger" clearly, but the sub said "hamburger"

no
but they say kaigai anime when referring to western cartoons

Baked Octopus?

Attached: snek.jpg (465x625, 27.56K)

Actually, no. "anime" is the japanese term for "animation", which is a broad medium that includes, but is not equal to, cartoons.
The correct use of "cartoon" is for animation that is characterized by gags, slap-stick humor and similar humorous situations, usually children's shows with anthropomorphic animals or stylized characters, or adult satirical shows. In general, cartoons are characterized by a non-serious and humorous tone. Looney Tunes and South Park are prime examples of cartoons. Mononoke Hime and Ghost in the Shell are not cartoons, they are animated movies.

The reason why most people confuse "animation" and "cartoon" is because the animation industry in the west has historically been so shit that pretty much anything that came out of it (especially for the TV) are, well, cartoons. This also cemented into people's minds the faulty idea that animation = kid's stuff, or otherwise stuff that is not to be taken seriously. Which to be fair, is an understandable error: pretty much everything animated produced in the west are (1) retarded kiddy shows, (2) animated feature films "for families", or (3) satirical "adult" stuff like The Simpsons or South Park which, while being technically not for children, also certainly don't contribute to paint animation as a valid medium for dramatic stories, or in general stories that can be taken seriously. "Serious" shows for old teens and adults are so rare in the west that they had to invent retarded labels like "adult animation", even though there's actually nothing inherently non-adult about animation.

>fictional city is named Berlint
Hmm, I really wonder what it is inspired by.

>You can call it Takoyaki or Baked Octopus. But crying "noooo, it is Takoyaki you dirty gaijin. Not a baked octopus" is just silly

Nothing about it is silly, cartroons have a terrible reputation right now and are thought of as being mostly childish LGBTQ pandering garbage (which they are). There is a reason why Netflix and other corpororations started to call western animated shows with an anime artstyle "anime". Even they know that the term anime has a better reputation than "cartoon" right now, at least among younger people who are the target audience anyway.

Would you be happy if subs said
>japanimation
instead?

It's strange, back then american animation is almost indistinguishable from anime (batman tas, man in black, megas). If you watched anime dubbed as a dumb kid you probably won't notice.
What happened?

Attached: crop.png (371x459, 224.6K)

Attached: 135.png (680x680, 124.22K)

>wanting localization instead of direct translation

Isn't this muse? They're ESLs what did you expext

Well, Fate/Grande order is 4 billion already, probably in the next years there will be a anime movie that can get 1 billion worldwide.

I'm begging you, on my hands and knees here, to ratio