Earthchild

>introduces another unlikeable character to make the "normal" dad MC looks good

Attached: 1B3474D2-3BE6-4F05-B625-95728BBD5941.jpg (1682x846, 490.74K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IrwV-vv7nFc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

did somebody else just take over writing, this chapter was far more competent than the others

They're already in space, this shit is dead in the water

She's legit the worst, I wonder how fast she's gonna turn face and fawn over the dad

i predict it will end before chapter 16

You think anyone can resist Earth Dad's irresistible charm? This woman will be a victim like the rest.

Anyway, dumping for the sake of having points of reference in the thread. You know, like all dumps.

Attached: 001.jpg (784x1145, 190.98K)

I bet it's gonna be thirteen or fourteen

Attached: 02-03.jpg (1568x1145, 402.8K)

Attached: 04-05.jpg (1568x1145, 413.37K)

still too many words but at least the dad actually told the bitch to shut the fuck up instead of everything and everyone bending over for him

If the author has the ball to go for a NTR arc then I would support all of his future works

Attached: 06-07.jpg (1568x1145, 397.77K)

>Everyone hates my main character what do I do?
>Make a character that's a two faced bitch and they'll hate her more!

Attached: 08-09.jpg (1568x1145, 453.14K)

How was this waste of a chapter full of useless words from such an awful character introduction more competent than the other shits?

Attached: Ramirez.jpg (640x394, 96K)

Attached: 010-011.jpg (1568x1145, 461.19K)

>outer space takes a toll on the body and the mind.
youtube.com/watch?v=IrwV-vv7nFc

Nigga this manga has like two, three chapters tops

BARRY YOU FUCKING SHIT STOP LETTING STRANGERS IN THE SPACE STATION

Attached: 012-013.jpg (1568x1145, 393.33K)

>A baby is totally ok with space travel

Astrobitch made us feel something beyond shadefueden and general contempt at the manga, she focused all the contempt squarely on herself

Attached: 014-015.jpg (1568x1145, 400.73K)

I guess random astronauts knowing about Earthchildren is just okay!

This is the most flimsy fucking drama. Soul Catcher(s) had more relatable characters than this.

Attached: 016-017.jpg (1568x1145, 459.63K)

Holy fuck who cares

Attached: 018-019.jpg (1568x1145, 350.83K)

because for the first time the chapter focused on only one thing and that thing wasn't retconned away with a two panel redemption arc where she starts to suck the dad's cock

user you're skipping over the whole "floating into space with TK". They just flew up 255 miles like it was nothing

She just has to be "evil" now so that MC can fix her and make her good.

I am still baffled that this ranked well in the ToC

Yea, she made me feel something
She made me hate a character even more than what I hate the dad and the hq manager. This chapter was completely useless and full of retard writing just to make the dad look cooler, again

Irrational anger gets irrational answer

Attached: 020-021.jpg (1568x1145, 324.23K)

Attached: 022-023.jpg (1568x1145, 327.29K)

Wasn't Reisuke and Mamoru supposed to travel to space only by themselves?
And why the blondie tagging along with them now?

because drama

So he can share his story with angry girl and give her the D, thus curing her of her anger.

>1st chapter: earth children are completely disposable and a secret, all the good things they do will be forgotten for everyone else
>now: look at her, she's THE earthchild, an actual superhero (not like you lmao), here's a record of all the things she did so you can know about her

Is it me, or does every chapter feature a big emotional moment that’s supposed to look cool? I swear, it feels like I’ve seen the same hot-blooded declaration from the dad in the previous chapters already.

Or he might be there just to sacrifice himself.

She's a borderline psychopath, the textbook definition fun fact the Airforce selects for that kind of behavior for it's pilots and being an Airforce pilot is one of the "easiest" ways to become an astronaut, don't know if the Japanese have similar standards

I'm willing to brush off the fact that they left the fucking atmosphere on the idea that Mamoru is just super strong and the bestest earthchild psychic ever. But then it leaves less conflict.
Look this dumb baby isn't even tired.

So we're left with human drama which ends up feeling like the most forced crap.
Well, it's not a bad idea to have a climax of your chapters to really catch the reader's attention. They just suck here.

This is the author only idea, making big emotional moments without any build up.

>does every chapter feature a big emotional moment that’s supposed to look cool?
It's the only way the author can have a climax for the chapter and it gets old FAST

Yes, all the chapters have the same ending, dad makes a strong decision and looks cool to everyone else
There's no real build up for them, shinkai just throw these emotional moments that a normal manga would have one each arc as easy muh feelings bait

>already going into space and skipping over a training arc
>introduces a random side character’s backstory and conflict all in one chapter
I’m very surprised at the pacing. I thought Shinkai would just drag things out with a training arc or whatever, but the characters are already in space. At this rate, they’ll have saved the mom already by Ch 12.

Oh shit, they're already there? Why did I think it would take longer.

>Mamoru is just super strong and the bestest earthchild psychic ever.
See I just have more questions
>How fast were they going
>What about air pressure and pressure differences
>Wind
>Temps
>Blood pooling
>Oxygen
>Food if they're going slow
Christ working in aviation maintenance really makes it hard to not nitpick this shit

the whole thing made some level of sense at least

They might want to end this really soon, while the ToC rank still okay-ish.

futsuu

So all the stuff about the speed aging process was just for nothing and throwed away in 2 chapters?

>Chapter 11
Actually save the mom
>Ch 12
Reunion
>Ch 13
Final chapter/epilogue
>Volume bonus
Timeskip Mamoru faces his crisis but with help this time

How is she two-faced? How did she contradict whatever she wrote on the front side with what she wrote on the flip side?

At least we can meme on the MC for fucking a literal ten year old

also the fact they managed to get to the ISS just like that. Isn't that thing orbiting at like 30k km/h?

it was for drama so the dad could do nothing at all but say no and still act like he's the coolest shit ever

Author didn't know how to slow down the pace of the arc to he padded it instead

Okay, since I'm basically speed reading this I may have missed something, but why did they had to go to the space station without a ship? If there's a space station with normal humans inside, airships exist right?

Yeah neither diary really contradicts the other

>spent the whole night crying
Damn bitch, cry me a river.

because... uh...
well, the thing is..
shut up, you know? just shut up. Isn't Dad-kun the coolest?

It's more in her personality going from really "We all have to protect the Earth" to "I hate all of you little people with petty goals, I"M A HERO I"LL BE REMEMBERED

>garou_vs_saitama_ending.jpg

user, the bar is on the floor

They simply don't have the money to afford the technology to do so. Just trust us bro.

Well they just don't have to technology or the 150 million USD fund. Pick whatever you want.

It's more the personality shift, though her public diary is the most empty PR bullshit while the flip diary reveals her true shitty face

The new character is Yea Forums whenever a hardwork vs. talent shitposting thread pops up

No this parts actually fair, the ships couldn't do the retrieval alone so they do need the baby once they are up there but a baby would fucking die from going in a rocket

I honestly assumed that they were somehow infinitely jumping to space like that one troll comic.

This is the author's way of making you like his cool normalfag character.

Also you could say it's flight practice for the actual extraction

Celebrities make hit songs and sometimes break records or standards every few decades and soldiers can be commended for their kills and skills but they get churned out all the same. You can be hoisted around as a cool awesome superhuman and still get spat out like yesterday's news

>but a baby would fucking die from going in a rocket
From the way all the other scientific stuff is blown off, I don't think the story is actually concerned with how well the baby can endure a space ride.

The dad looks very fuckable with that expression.

thing is, if two eartchildren can lift up people up to the fucking ISS why did they thought about the spaceship in the first place?
Comparatively it's like doing a lot of work to figure out how to reach the next block when you could just walk there.

I guess I can buy that, even if it's a magical baby that's making them float to space. At this point, asking questions to this manga is pointless, we are thinking this more than the author.

i was thinking, if they can float up to the space station why couldn't they just float towards the mom, take her and float down?

>we are thinking this more than the author.
That really is it. I don't think Shinkai is conveying the information he should and I don't think he nor his editor planned this out very well. You can bullshit a weekly shonen story from chapter to chapter, but this isn't the story to do it.

It's too dangerous! What if they get hit by space debris? They won't have the technology to defend themselves!

The technology just isn't there yet, please understand
>also the fact they managed to get to the ISS just like that. Isn't that thing orbiting at like 30k km/h?
This thing is sci fi when it wants to

The best part is Kareri is pretty much unknown by the world despite saving it but Spacebitch is as famous as she always wanted but is still seething

Please understand they can't just fly everywhere they want! They need to take breaks and resupply on the station! I mean look how tired Mamoru is from the ride up!

Attached: file.png (449x216, 106.15K)

Is the blackhole brother will comeback and save them when all hope is lost? And then the blackhole will suck away all the debris while transport the mom out of the rock

No they don't. It's less than 4Gs of acceleration in modern spacecraft which isn't much.

I know this is not the real reason because if the author tried to pull that "realism" shit after the black hole fusion last chapter I would be beyond pissed.

Not everyone can afford a science consultant with their big fat Eyeshield 21 money! Shinkai only has Soul Catcher(s) money! It's not in the budget! Please understand!

I guess Google is too expensive for Shinkai

>sci fi
nah, it's just space flavored drama soup with artificial stakes on the side

Doesn't it have good ranking?