What’s your preferred way of watching anime on your tv?

What’s your preferred way of watching anime on your tv?

I tried Plex (and Jellyfin) but the image artifacting becomes extremely obvious no matter how high you set the quality or how you connect to LAN
Connecting with hdmi however will not let you control the video with the tv’s remote.

Attached: 1650801412436.jpg (1200x800, 36.16K)

I linked a 5m HDMI 2.1 video cable with a PC to LG OLED TV
to play 4K HDR video. It also supports 4K 120Hz HDR games.

But the PC is so noisy that many times I can hardly stand it.

But I can skip those pesky shit problems and play animations more simply.

Attached: 0083ipKkgy1h0ohh5fb7ej30go0i8dh9.jpg (600x656, 63.18K)

ps4 browser

Rezak dot ag

plugged into pc with wireless keyboard and mouse

Second, larger monitor on PC, keyboard is the remote. I can't stand interfaces like Plex, and dedicated HTPCs prevent me from browsing Yea Forums while watching anime. Also, transcoding a shit.

Fix your PC.

I use home media server. It takes some time to set up correctly. It's the only software I found which doesn't require some account bullshit, renders subtitles correctly and lets you fully utilize your tv remote.

I use Plex and rarely notice artifacting. Most instances I’ve noticed artifacting also occur when I watch on PC.

Shits on computer. Living room TV has it's own PC. File are mounted via ssh and I just watch them with mpv like normal. Network is wired because why radio when you don't have to.

Keeping it simple.

Plex as well. As long as the source is of a high enough quality there's nothing really bothersome. It's a bit annoying that playing it through the Nvidia Shield causes it to transcode since it can't handle .ass subtitles for whatever reason, but that's about the only complaint I have. Only really affects the Violet movie from what I've ran it through so far, and that was solved by just burning subs in instead.

Kodi installed on an a Firestick, with a nas in another room.

PC connected to the TV and a BT keyboard? I used an android app that worked like a mouse some time ago but don't remember the name.

I have an extra computer connected to both my bedroom and living room TVs with a NAS set up to automatically download anything that seems interested as soon as it comes out. I have a plex server set up on the NAS as well, but I mostly use that for old shows that have shitty quality anyway.

Kodi on a Shield, wireless with Yatse as remote control.

Plex on PC will not transcode
Plex on TV will transcode. Watch with Kodi instead

I download directly to an external HDD and just plug it in to the TV. Unfortunately the player in the TV sometimes doesn't recognize the video files, but most of the time it works fine

RPi file server and installed File Manager+ and MPV onto a Fire TV Stick

What does Plex on Ps4 use?

What kind of madness is this?

Yea Forums would get mad at me if I say my preferred way to watch on TV

Crunchyroll?

Instead of:
PC -> HDD -> Media server -> LAN/Wireless -> TV
I cut the middlemen and just do
PC -> HDD -> TV

Old Intel nuc connected to TV running mpv and Linux (btw.) I scp the stuff from my main PC to the nuc and then just use a terminal on the big screen. Tried fucking around with stuff like plex but it's honestly not worth it.

I just find the convenience out weights the cons. I rarely watch anime on my TV though so I pay for CR pretty sparingly.

Dedicated HTPC connected to my processor which then sends the video to my projector. Potplayer + MadVR + LAV

There's nothing wrong with legit streaming anymore. People are sheep and will repeat the things they hear without understanding it even when it's no longer relevant.

You're not wrong. I guess I just prefer to see images as opposed to text. XBMC ruined me.

I still see people post a screenshot from a shitty streaming site from 10 years ago as an argument against streaming today.
I see the merit in gatekeeping streamfags because they tend to contribute more low quality posts, but the arguments against streaming itself are pretty outdated at this point.

Plex on PS4 is awful. IIRC it doesn't even support .mkv

I don't stream because I'm cheap, but basically every anime release is now just a rip from crunchy or whatever. Fansubbing is dead. When people are pirating they aren't getting any better quality, they are literally getting the same file.

Does anybody here have experience with using Steam Link app for streaming? I tried Kodi on my smart TV, ran into multiple problems, and thought that the solution would be to get a dedicated HTPC or a Nvidia Shield and have that hooked up to my TV. However, I recently tried Steam link app on the smart TV, connect that to my PC with steam, and it's surprisingly robust. You can have it set up specific bitrates, show all of this info plus frame times on the TV itself, and paired up with a K400 wireless keyboard you can easily move around the desktop. I have a gigabit connection, have both the TV and PC connected wired to the network, and while setting the connection at 4K without a bitrate limit leads to higher latency and some frame dipping, which isn't great for gaming, for watching anime this shouldn't be an issue, and from my few tests it seems to be fine. I have a specific way of organising my anime on my PC, and have some shortcuts and configs to my mpv conf file which I can't do on plex/kodi, and honestly seems the best of both worlds for me. Why does nobody ever talk about this? Only tried this out a couple of times and it seems perfect.

Casting to my TV from my laptop.

Are you a wizard?

Yes but that's besides the point.

BASED PLEX CHADS

Okay did some testing

>plex on ps4
Looks worst
>hdmi to tv
Still looks bad, probably due to my dogshit graphics card
>plex app on tv
Looks best, but had to turn off direct stream
With 4k it likes to crash however (100% fault of my tv set)

Specificaly I was trying to watch Ninja scroll. It has lots of hard solid blacks, which had terrible looking artifacting in the first two cases. Looked crisp in the last one however

>Noisy PC problems
Same only slightly worse since mine developed GPU cool whine after 3 years of silence, just when I wanted from jump into open-back headphones too.

So I was using Plex with my LG C9, but I've been having issues with media that only have 5.1 audio tracks. Plex is supposed to convert it to 2.0/2.1, but it isn't working, so everything is really muffled. I bought a shield, and now I'm using kodi with PlexKodiConnect plugin, this allows mw to use my plex media and lets me convert the audio.

>anime
>tv
>in 2022

Laptop -> HDMI -> TV
but my FUCKING TELEVISION STARTS ARTIFACTING after a couple episodes and it seems like there isn't anything I can do about it, it's rage inducing

HDMI and a USB joystick to control player like God intended. Imagine adding intermediaries to this.

>the image artifacting becomes extremely obvious no matter how high you set the quality
That means you downloaded shit encodes retard

Are you sure your laptop isn't pure dogshit or you are using codecs too modern for it? I use a 10 year old linuxtop sometimes connected via HDMI to the crappiest cheapest flat TV you can find on my turd world country and that isn't a problem, excepy when I accidentally downloaded a H.265 release.

I use plex on the TV app but apparently it burns in the fucking subtitles and reencodes every time
Need to use an Nvidia shield to get true direct stream

pretty sure; the TV also artifacts sometimes when using its built-in Youtube app.
it sounds crazy but I think one of those 'Roku' sticks bricked my tv.

I believe you, "Smart" TVs just don't have the hardware to act like real PCs.

>looks fine on pc
>looks like shit on tv
And it’s not just color temperature or whatever, there is often ghosting or artifacting behind text

>Only really affects the Violet movie from what I've ran it through so far
And as of this morning when I tried it now apparently there's a bug that breaks TrueHD sound on the shieldtv for some reason so now that just flat doesn't work. Fun.

>I tried Plex (and Jellyfin) but the image artifacting becomes extremely obvious no matter how high you set the quality or how you connect to LAN
I never had artifacting problems with Plex, you must be doing something wrong

Plex server on my PC, Nvidia shield as the client. Works fine. Sometimes has to transcode due to subs, but most things direct play so no artifacts. PC is 3m from my TV so sometimes I'll just hookup a long HDMI cable if I want to be benefit from madVR.

9anime + google chome. It just werks.

Old laptop and a network share. Anything with an I5 seems to do just fine with 10bit. Mine's an 35-something.

> Connecting with hdmi however will not let you control the video with the tv’s remote

I think you have to add some functionality by third party app or dongle I think. Easier to just get a mini media keyboard for the laptop/pc. I use pic related.

Attached: 71Na+U0vaaL._AC_SL1500_.jpg (1324x892, 103.47K)

Beta seems to fix it. That did the trick just now for me anyway.

hdmi cable to the pc

watch it through streaming services on my smart tv.

Plex server running on an eWaste server i nabbed from work.

Direct stream to browser, android and smart tv with 0 issues.

Really quite great espeically with sonarr automating all the downloads

I just connect it to my computer via hdmi.

Could I use an raspberry as a server to play anime in the smart tv?

Yeah sure

>Fix your pc
No such thing.

Meant for . Seemed to affect anything played with TrueHD sound, but it works now.

for some reason there is issue with Plex and anime, every time I try to watch it, plex tell me there is an encoding issue or just don't load

I use kodi to connect a pi server. i also have tools to easily torrent an anime directly into my pi, pretty comfy