Wasn't it fucking obvious that he is Kira?

Was L a brainlet?

Attached: a.png (1920x1080, 1.06M)

he knew, but he had to have proof to arrest him

BOKU WA KIRA JANAI

Attached: lightyagami.jpg (400x400, 25.42K)

imagaythgil

L knew Light was Kirs almost from the start, he just couldn't explain how he was doing it and he had no concrete proofs. Even whe Light turned "good" L never stopped suspecting him.

In hindsight it was pretty easy to find out it was Light proving it was him without a shadow of a doubt was almost impossible outside of the scheme at the end of season 2.

>he knew, but he had to have proof to arrest him
OP wasn't talking about Lind L. Tailor

He doesn't do check, user, only check mate

check deez nuts

If light didn‘t chuuni out and say "I‘ve won" then what would the scheme actually prove? Couldn‘t he just deny everything?

At that instant, It should've went beyond cat and mouse justice bullshit. This nigga is killing people remotely. through supernatural means. L should've just hired a hitman to kill light before things got out of control but whatever L is hyper autistic so it's probably better he got off'd than got the chance to reproduce.

He always enjoyed smug victories, it's a consistent trait, it's also the reason why he made his first mistake (probably the biggest one) killing Lind and the reason why he killed his chances to made up some story at the end

Mello was the smartest character in the manga, but was killed by the author since he was too effective at exposing Light for being a dumb faggot

Attached: 297523.jpg (3382x5000, 3.58M)

Without knowing how Light did it nothing stops this from happening again.

Would Death Note be better if L stayed alive or ended when he died?

it would have been better if Near died and Mello didn't

L knew instantly though? He had to prove it, which is the hard part, because that's the law.

even if he did figure out how to do it, There are like a billion bored death gods that could start the whole process again.

based

Answer's already said, he did know. Do you think Light was a Yea Forums user?

Really there was nothing that L could do to him even if light openly said he was Kira. What is he going to do arrest him for writting peoples name in a boom lamo.

What's a boom?

The real question is why didn't Kira just become a swim instructor? He was better at that than anything else in the series.

L's whole thing was that he insisted on winning by getting concrete proof rather than just relying on his intuition that told him Light was Kira. From an in-universe perspective it was because he saw it as a contest between the two and he wanted to win decisively, but from a narrative perspective it was his refusal to kill Light himself that made him an interesting character, unlike other supergenius characters that just solve problems by magically figuring something out. Due to his insistence on proving it, that magical intuition never became a plot device, and you got to see the schemes that he tried to use to catch Light. Ultimately, it was an impossible game for him to win because Rem would have killed him no matter what happened, but he did get Light to spend that resource.

Did you even watch the show retard? He knew pretty much from the beginning and never stopped suspecting him but there's a big difference between knowing something and being able to prove it as fact.

L didn't know this.

Are there any other animes similar to Death Note?

Read the Umineko VN. It's very different but it scratches the same itch in that it involves arrogant "smart people" engaged in elaborate games of mental gymnastics with each other.

L wanted to take down the magical mass murderer legally.

>he knew
He didn't.

Attached: IMG_20220422_231907.jpg (480x339, 77.21K)

Near should've been cut and just had Mello trying to continue L's work. Still give him the heroic sacrifice needed to win.

>arrogant "smart people" engaged in elaborate games of mental gymnastics with each other.
yep that sums up what im looking for

I wish L had a scene with Mello and Near

This is the closest you'll get.

Attached: file-15.jpg (888x1390, 151.98K)

"A Shinigami Eh?"

Columbo

Would Columbo have solved the case faster than L?

Just one more thing, Mr. Imagay...

I mean, why don't just nab Light and isolate him for month or two and check out if the newly found/convicted criminals keep dying? Why didn't they do this before Kira was entrenched? If they did this by the third or four episode it would have worked. Also, keeping Light in the dark as the suspect would have worked far better.

Probable cause

Light was never the only suspect just the one L suspected the most so if they were going to do this it would have to be done with the whole family as well as the other family Raye was investigating. Light also suggested that idea to him.

Attached: 17_1468584512323306.jpg (1066x1600, 214.03K)

He did do that as soon as he had concrete evidence via Misa. But L also considered the possibility that Kira could transfer his power to others or that "Kira" was himself being controlled.

why would Mello have to be sacrificed? L tried to win without pushing the boundaries
Mello's strategy of using any means possible to catch Light should have been the bittersweet victory that the the villain was defeated only by immoral means

Wasn't he supposed to be their father in the first place ?

>I mean, why don't just nab Light and isolate him for month or two and check out if the newly found/convicted criminals keep dying?
they literally did

Still, doing this early would have save lots of troubles. Paying people compensations for month of isolation is better than leaving Kira on the loose and probably cheaper from the economics standpoint.

He was supposed to be but the author changed his mind because he couldn't imagine L having kids.

Kek right, who would realistically have sex with that

The problem is that L could end up doing this with nothing to show for it. If it turns out that kira is not one of the suspects (which is a possibility L has to face) it would only make his allies more reluctant to work with him.

L should've just tested the notebook in private although Rem probably wouldn't have let L get out of her sight since he got his hands on a death note

its Japan so it would be 2chan

L and Near are together a lot in the Drama

yeah...who would...heh heh
>tops the popularity charts until his death
>got all those emo goth american girls cosplaying as him

Rem should've offered to give up Light if they'd let Misa go.

L would never let Misa go and she would just start killing people again

>and she would just start killing people again
He have it so that part of the deal is to give him Misa's death note. I think L would be willing to let her go if he realizes that that his only other alternative is death.

He didn't though. He had enough probably cause and suspicion to catch him or even just CIA black site him.

L wanted proof beyond a reasonable doubt for L, but L was too smart considered too many possibilities which he wanted to negate

if it is, there’s always kaguya sama, though the mental gymnastics stuff is in service of forcing the other to confess rather than killing and catching a criminal

>probably the biggest one
An expert in information technology analysed Kira's mistakes, you can google "the science of Death Note" or something similar. Killing Lind in Kanto was a mistake, but he was still anoymous, there are millions of students in that area. Kira's biggest mistake, second to none, was using his dad's computer to look for targets. Because the difference between
>we need to look for students in the Japanese time zone
and
>we need to look for students in Kanto
isn't as great as the difference between
>we need to look for students in Kanto
and
>we need to look for students in Kanto who are closely related to the Tokyo cops working on this specific case

the issue is he would not fuck, lots of people think L is hot

Because Mello was inferior to L. He had to do something special to win. Also there's a satisfaction to Light thinking all his enemies have been disposed of, only for Mello to fuck him from beyond the grave.

>using his dad's computer to look for targets
But he never did that.

I knew a hot Italian girl who cosplayed as him once. We were pen pals but then one day she just stopped replying. I checked my last message and there was nothing creepy. She had a bf so I never bothered flirting with her. Then I saw she was still active online so she had just ghosted me for whatever reason.