In retrospective, did fire punch deserve the praise it got from Yea Forums?

in retrospective, did fire punch deserve the praise it got from Yea Forums?

Attached: file.png (680x1066, 545.81K)

100%

No. It never did.

No. It's garbage.

Yes. There is a manga pre-FP and post-FP

Yeah, when we were doing read along there's a lot of post which just scream kino, but you know every posters saying that were genuine.

This shit feels like a woke comic in manga form

Yes and no. It had good intentions but the pacing was all over the place.

such a good scene

People were not joking when they said KINO. Because it was.

Attached: 4b154d7aea364c7ab5a06f8f9325ca1f.jpg (2000x1250, 2.34M)

8/10 & nothing more.

My favourite part was when the tranny got herself burned into ashes

Yeah I really liked it

Yes it did. As a trans man it feels good to see someone like me represented in manga.

Suffers from Fujimoto syndrome where the second half is just a jumbled mess with dumb characters and all kinds of shit thrown into the narrative up to inserting western pop culture shit. And the fans gobbled it up

Yeah Togata is my favourite girl

Attached: rainey_MG_1592_V1_final.jpg (2560x1440, 638.16K)

Togata's a man silly!

Togata best boy, I agree

Easily the best manga I've read next to houseki no kuni

Apparently it's considered a masterpiece for those with adhd, which is like most of Yea Forums, so yeah

>there are still retarded /pol/fags who think Togata was a tranny
God, I fucking hate speedreaders

>Lack reading comprehension
>Call others retarded speedreaders

that's already better than 90% of all published manga

Yes, it was good

Meme manga that sold like shit

Shes always more of a self hating woman to me and the sole reason why Togata want to be a man is because her grandfather's capeshit collections convinced her that female can never be a cool superhero as much as man

it's a perfect 10/10 series for edgy teens

I have never in my life read a manga other than Fire Punch that both made me literally laugh at loud and also literally tear up

>Mind reader guy (forgot his name sorry) explicitly says Togata "may look like a woman, but has the mind of a man"
>Togata says "I wish I could get a sex change but my stupid regenerative powers would undo the surgery"
>Togata also says "it's easy to say 'just be yourself' but society WILL put you in a box based on your appearance no matter what, and it makes me sick"
Guys come on. Even if Togata could never go full tranny mode, this character was still clearly meant to be dysphoria incarnate.

More like how Fujimoto straight up said " you will never be a man" to every femaleborn trannies out there. He even made her fucking dies by fire.

They teach reading comprehension in elementary school, you should go back and give the classes a try.

Seethe, tranny

it's an above average manga

Post boobs before amputation

I saw a tranny's fake dick before and have never been so traumatized in my life. It was like some strange tumor grew out of their crotch, except it has shitload of black sewing on it.

Yeah. Its just standard popular so its bad now stuff.

Attached: IMG_c921c7e3042f69faf35dbaf1fbcb19df_optimized_optimized_optimized_optimized_optimized_optimized.jpg (1350x2292, 380.17K)

Hey, it says "do not repost"!

Wow, look everyone. Look at fujimoto totally "own" transmen here. Look at him totally show no compassion or empathy for their plight whatsoever. This is 100% a win for us my fellow /pol/bros, trust me.
also, more than 90% of the fucking cast dies in this story dumbass, it's not targeted towards any particular group at all it's just how fujimoto writes

Attached: 80cd973f607bfb921f7fc365af4cdb0f.png (728x680, 264.94K)

no, I'd rather never have known or read this shit mango. it should die in "fire", a fitting end cuz the title has "fire".

Typical petting the dog before killing it

Fire Punch had the tranny dies in agony, so it is a 10/10 manga in my book

everyone in the manga dies in agony, tard

if you were there for the threads when the chapters were hastily TL'd then yes. if not no.

I know. I just enjoy the tranny's death the most. She got burned and regenerated and burned again until her body broke down and died. A beautiful sight to witness.

Attached: D4KKj1oVUAEy-I4.jpg (960x1280, 206.12K)

Everything Fujimoto has made trash for redditors

His stuff feel like they were written by a dude who never saw tranny's fake penis before.

You will never be a chad. A blonde tradwife will never bare your children. You have no power, no legacy, no heritage, no future. Even if you were born 50 years ago you would be nothing but a pathetic joke in the eyes of real strongwilled men of the household, relegated to either "that single slob who can't get a woman" or "that poor bastard stuck with a battle axe". There is no timeline where you would have ever been a king.

Attached: tonight_________________________________________________________________you.jpg (1920x1080, 172.95K)

this is the same manga that has a man ask a kid to get fucked by dogs, freaks ot when he realise it's a boy, cuts off his legs and use him as a living generator.
Everything in the manga was about life being absurd and character trying and failing to find meaning in it, Togata being a tranny is just another exemple of that.

Yess

Non-newfags would know that Fire Punch got fucking shit on by Yea Forums while it was releasing. It wasn't until CSM and the storytime that the average opinion changed.

Attached: bdsa7y5l24r51.jpg (828x1183, 218.6K)

Know where I can go for non-shit Houseki no Kuni manga translations?

>in retrospective, did fire punch deserve the praise it got from Yea Forums?
Most Definitely. There has NEVER been a better trans allegory in anime/manga than Fire Punch.

The endless flames tormenting Agni represent a trans person's body, a curse they're born with that torments them for every waking moment. But despite the pain, Fujimoto portrays the beauty of the path of struggle. He shows that when the world doesn't accept you, even your own body doesn't accept you, to still choose to LIVE is beautiful. In a sense the main theme of survival is a memento to all the trans people that could not keep up the struggle. While also showing the courage and guts of trans people who did. Thankfully Fujimoto blesses us by ending the series on a hopeful note. The final union between Agni and his sister in a sense represents the union of a trans person's body and mind. The coming to terms with your body and accepting who you are. To know the torment ends when you realize that whatever your body may be, you are, who you are.

And just to drive the point home. Fujimoto puts a literal trans character in his story who's struggles suspiciously mirror Agni's, so as to give his audience a little nudge on what he's trying to say.

Attached: file.png (736x736, 259.83K)

>literal first chapter includes incest
>literally repetitive mentions and attempts of rape and pedophilia
>very graphic violence
>one trans person
>two gay people
>"UHHH UHH WOKE UHH"
dumbass

okay axe wound

That was before the days redditors and woke twitturds stormed this place.

>fire punch releases weekly
>it's a fairly obscure series and most threads die well before the bump limit
>chainsaw man comes out
>series turns into a massive meme

I swear, the trannies look so hideous when they show their wounds

Jesus I was there since chapter 1, i started a lot of the threads. I screenshot the final thread and have it in a folder, i fucking love fire punch so much

No, there are only two good anime, and Yea Forums hates them.

Nah, they unironically just got filtered back then. Specifically it was the Star Wars chapter.

>Non-newfags would know that Fire Punch got fucking shit on by Yea Forums while it was releasing
Yeah, for like the first ten chapters, but people loved it once Togata showed up and became important. People in those threads liked the series well enough, you wouldn't have been keeping up with it if you didn't, it just wasn't a giant meme like

nah old Yea Forums had much better taste

>>The coming to terms with your body and accepting who you are

Literall " you will never be a woman" in manga form? Holy based

Which 2?

Yes, things were so very different in the ancient time of 2018. But I suppose when it was two years after you first started visiting Yea Forums and you were touring other boards for the first time it would feel like a lot longer ago than it was.

It's like you didn't read. It's coming to terms with the fact that your body doesn't mean shit and you who YOU are.

That is why I posted it.

Attached: FG-_qQTXsAMiki6.jpg (898x898, 139.66K)

Yes it's insane how things have changed so much in such a short time. This place will probably be unusable by late next year.

Yes

Attached: 1584500271448.jpg (2896x2896, 468.26K)

>but people loved it once Togata showed up and became important
opinions became more positive during then, yeah (because early FP is unironically a filter), but opinions spiraled downwards beginning at the Ice Witch reveal and heading into the second half of the manga.