Decision to produce a sequel

Decision to produce a sequel

Attached: 20220421_164138_p_o_3752.jpg (750x530, 108.91K)

Attached: 11.jpg (640x360, 68.19K)

Best girl.

I don't watch anime with black people in it.

Did the sequel ever finish? I remember it had to hop around magazines because the original one went bankrupt

Jesus Christ what happened to Morty

why would they make an anime 20 years later and have it suck?

Reminds me of Rurouni kenshin having so many OVA released a decade later and its all old shit that's worse than the anime.

>Morty
Fuck off, dubfag 01 secondary.

>>第236916695
The series is still running in Japan.

>>第236916540

Attached: 5C072512-50C3-47FE-AF46-B25806B38A69.png (2894x2959, 3.89M)

How are people gonna take Yoh's kid's partner spirit being a WW2 kamikaze pilot?

I mean you caught me, but I hardly even watched the dub. I only remember a few of the characters' names, and even then some are from the manga. I'm mostly new to this series aside from a few vague memories. Also you could have just answered instead of shoving away a potential reader.

The remake threads have had people constantly shitting on it just because it went against their nostalgia for the 01 4Kids dub, so people are understandably a bit hostile towards the 01 anime and dub names.

I watched the first couple of episodes and gave up when it was rushing worse than the original.

Wish we could get a second shot for manga that truly did get screwed on the anime adaptations, like getting the rest of Flame of Recca.

LOL Boomer Manta finally got on that spiky hair game

these people have autism it's no one wonder no one cares about this shit

I understand why Horohoro and Chocolove didn't marry anyone but why didn't Lyserg?

>>第236917077
He is not a manta, he is the son of Yo.

>>第236916566
Even though there are a lot of Asians out there?

What happened to the midget?

>>第236916935

Attached: キャラ資料3.jpg (1701x2366, 1M)

Attached: キャラ資料1.jpg (1918x2159, 751.03K)

I liked the remake more it was closer to the Manga adaptation especially in speed and skipped filler fight of the week BS. People who hate the new one will always go into places they are not wanted and whine like the manchildren they are.

so pure!

Nostalgiafags are no different than Trans who latch onto Anime from their childhood and criticize anything new that does not fit their weak Sensibilities.

>>第236917317

Attached: 22.jpg (1137x1616, 145.89K)

She committed several offenses and narrowly avoided juvie.

What went wrong?

What happen? Did the anime end that fast already?

Takei wanted to keep the old VAs but they all got way more expensive compared to 2001

Attached: 1633436889162.jpg (798x1200, 107.59K)

Why would you consider skipping fight of the week a positive? The universal rule of shonen is that all the fun evaporates from the premise once the first tournament arc hits.

I bet Megumi Hayashibara (Anna Kyouyama's seiyuu) took up most of the budget since apparently she also voices Jessie from Team Rocket in the Japanese version of the ashnime and Pokemon is really big now so yeah, this kind of stuff isn't even up to the seiyuus themselves but rather their producers

So yeah, Hiroyuki Takei should have got new cheaper seiyuus but instead receive better sakuga animation for the nu-shaman king anime

P.S. I still think the new anime is pretty cool though, the music is really excellent, they certainly out a lot of effort into the audio and that's what matters

As much as I want a proper ending for some of the old shit. I feel they'd just completely shit on the source material.

Even "good" attempts like brotherhood/HxH were very sus at the start.

>shit animation
>poorly-aged source material
>rushed pacing
>netflix

>poorly aged source material
Uh-uh-uh, I can agree with the rest but you gotta elaborate on this in particular, Shaman King is timeless. How exactly did it age bad?

The creator phased him out of relevancy cause no decent normal humans allowed

This is the first thing I thought of when I saw the thumbnail of that pic

Attached: 1599140748309.jpg (632x395, 92.08K)

I honestly prefer Ultimo getting an anime than Flowers. Everything after SK is just Takei trying his best to shit on whatever good will SK had with the fans and seeing how far he can vandalize his own story

>>第236916935

Attached: 1643402463883.jpg (680x676, 45.16K)

Who fucking asked? Mankin is terrible

Attached: 20181002_180529.jpg (1280x657, 106.75K)

Last time I checked, no gives a shit about this series anymore. This sounds like a waste of resources.

Back to the DBS thread.

>>第236916227
The grown-up Tamao's OS surpasses Anna's.

Attached: dfdghgfjhk.jpg (834x737, 212.16K)

Chocolove be one of my favorite depictions of an older black man in anime. I'm certain I hung around a heavily black populated area of new york then I'd see some chunky guy wearing a clean white hoodie and a beret over his balding head on the corner.

IsTamao the new protagonist or something?

>>第236923870
No, sir.

What happened to Manta, is he still around in the sequel?

>>第236924617
Manta is in America now.

I fucking love Jeanne

They were the coolest guys

Attached: X-Laws-shaman-king-22753694-660-470.jpg (660x470, 118.39K)

the fuck happened to her in school?

> Jeanne ended up marrying the twink

whatever for? Flowers had but a single saving grace...

Attached: Hanagumi.jpg (659x732, 255.92K)

Not that user. It was good up until Tokyo Arc. The last arcs were the biggest disappointment I've ever read. Nothing made sense, the characters started getting powerlevel boosts in a retarded manner just because "lel I can ress you and your power increases." Takei pretty much noticed he made Hao way too fucking strong that he ended that shit in the middle of nowhere.

Furthermore, bot only did this series drop the ball real fast after the Tokyo Arc, the ending was complete turd too. Hao was hell-bent on annihilating humans and would've succeeded until his mom came out of nowhere and slapped him in front of everyone. If his mom literally slapping some sense into him was all it took to make his 1000 years of hatred come to a halt, then he's not some helpless victim of his own hatred whom Takei wants to portray. It shows he could have stopped at any given time if he wanted to, but didn't.

But I think what is even more mind-boggling about Shaman King is that Hao hates humans because they kill and destroy everything. But Hao kills people left and right, makes everyone miserable, and is arguably worse than the people he claims to be fighting against. At least the original anime bothered to call him out on his bullshit, but the manga unironically agreed with him and made it a point that humanity was living on borrowed time at best. It gives me the impression that Takei is a luddite misanthrope.

This series really isn't as good as people remember it.

Attached: Mommy Slap.jpg (1067x1600, 242.5K)

Kys retard
The original was great with some flaws(Manta's dad arc and the middle of the series where they were running amok having pointless battles outside the tournament).
You don't even understand what the series was about at all.

The ending was great. Hao gave them another chance but he wasn't gonna completely change his mind so easily after 1000 years of grief.
The message was that peace isn't granted and you have to work for it.
It was a good open ending which left things to the interpretation of the reader.

Too bad the sequels were fucking garbage.

Ren is no longer a twink by the end.

>the characters started getting powerlevel boosts in a retarded manner just because "lel I can ress you and your power increases."
t. Speedreader
This was established with Yomi Cave in the early chapters and was stated pretty early on that Hao invented the revival technique

Attached: housingsituation.png (629x353, 136.47K)