The greatest animu ever made turns 12 years old today, please wish it a happy birthday

The greatest animu ever made turns 12 years old today, please wish it a happy birthday.

Will Japan ever top it?

Attached: Akashi.png (500x500, 216.99K)

Too much talking for me

Just say 'I'm a brainlet who can't read at a middle schooler's pace'.

I like my anime to have some animation

What is manhua is this? I'm a zoom zoom byw

Well, the sequel might top it

Attached: 1436993295083.jpg (742x720, 52.14K)

So you're also blind?

Attached: wew.png (1055x969, 1.47M)

Funny post user, a real laugh.

Happy Birthday, Tatami.

*Yojouhan

it's okay, the dialogue was the main selling point. I don't think I've ever seen something that had such beautiful language used as much as possible

happy birthday ozu

I'm in this show and I don't like it

Attached: [Elysium]The.Tatami.Galaxy.EP11(BD.1080p.FLAC)[C0A5A061].mkv_snapshot_09.12.404.jpg (1920x1080, 360.37K)

>*Watashi am in this show
Well, did it encourage you to change your ways and obtain a rose-coloured kyanpasu raifu?

Attached: [J-pwq]_The_Tatami_Galaxy_-_02_[50C77041].mkv_snapshot_11.50.914.jpg (1280x720, 99.95K)

Well it's too late for the latter and I'm still working on the former

Attached: [Elysium]The.Tatami.Galaxy.EP03(BD.1080p.FLAC)[C1CB32D7].mkv_snapshot_15.10.952.jpg (1920x1080, 321.65K)

It hurts too much to rewatch, it just reminds me that I graduated from college as a lonely loser that never did anything or met anyone or had any fun

It encouraged me to study abroad in Kansai for a year, and that was probably the greatest year of my life, so I'm eternally thankful to Morimi and Yuasa.

You can always go back to university.

Attached: P1090184.jpg (2000x1499, 842.27K)

I never went to college but this series is so light-hearted that I can't understand how people get depressed over it, it's not like nhk where they deal with the brutality of daily life

I watched it at the tail end of my senior year in college. Made me realize that I had wasted my entire college life by staying indoors and not even attending classes aside from midterms/finals and labs. I can't even recall greeting a professor.

Anyway, absolute masterpiece of an anime.

same desu, watched it in my last semester
not studying abroad was one of my biggest regrets, not in the mood to go back though

Attached: Yoru.wa.Mijikashi.Arukeyo.Otome.1080p.Dual.Audio.BDRip.10.bits.DD.5.1.x265-EMBER [78FE10FB].mkv_snapshot_01.16.01_[2021.09.01_04.30.37].jpg (1920x1080, 206.68K)

>You can always go back to university.
This is impossible if you have a bachelor's, unless you're willing to shell out 10k+ a year for grad school or 40k+ for a second bachelor's.

Sono Bisque was better than this.

plus who the hell is trying to have fun in grad school? your undergrad is the time to fuck around and have fun

One thing I really liked about this show was how the MC was always proactive in everything he did.
It was a breath of fresh air for me when I saw it, especially when the usual seasonal garbage had the MC as some teenage kid who did nothing all day and still ended up with powers/harem of women/Get Isekaid.
Seeing someone near my age with similar issues really helped me out in my college years.
Especially because I kept putting myself out there to get a girlfriend/club friends/respect from peers and I never got anywhere. Seeing that same thing happen to someone else, even a nameless anime character in a foreign country, really helped.
It wasnt that I was wasting my life, but I was spending it in all the wrong places. And that is something that isnt covered nearly enough in any media.
I still dont think I've taken everything to heart yet, but Im glad that its always there for me to come back to every now and then.

Attached: 1503696091696.gif (500x291, 121.06K)

>You can always go back to university if you're not American.

Otherwise just REWIND~

You can always just tourist there at least, with the benefit of having a JR pass which you can't get on a student visa.

Once Japan opens its gog damn borders again.

Attached: P1070348.jpg (1728x1296, 670.67K)

I've traveled there before, I'm considering being a wagie there but it has to be an international company so I don't have to be subject to obligatory overtime.

Unless you have a foreign employer who is posting you to an office there, or very senior in-demand skills, the only real jobs are eikaiwa monkey still unfortunately. Plus the pay is like half of a normal western salary.

I think just taking one's four or so weeks a year of leave and holidaying there like a king with a JR pass is probably the best in the end.

Attached: HE DIDN'T BIRD SO GOOD.jpg (1477x1249, 312.92K)

Already topped by night is short walk on girl

>falling for the japan meme
user don't

Thoughts on the spin-off (?) movie?

Attached: nightisshort.jpg (465x659, 74.74K)

>endless eight with le quirky animation

Its very good. This is one of those anime that normalfags can enjoy and even become their favorite.

It was good, but it lacked that je ne sais quoi Yojouhan had, perhaps simply by virtue of being limited to 1.5 hours.

Of the whole animated Morimi shared universe so far though it's the weakest though, but still above everything else that year. Yojouhan > Uchouten > Yoru wa Mijikashi

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Uchouten Kazoku S2 - 12 [1080p].mkv_snapshot_07.54.601.jpg (1920x1080, 148.18K)

not him
but can I get anywhere/live comfortably with an electrical engineering degree in japan? I've heard from coworkers that engies are pretty undervalued there.

it was good for what it was but they aren't too similar beyond yuasa and the sources author. I was wanting more character interactions

user you dummy the greatest animu came out in winter 2010

Attached: 2010.jpg (351x500, 88.96K)

It's irredeemable kusoge

Outside of teaching slavery, sponsored visas for foreigners are mostly for senior roles. If you have 10 years of experience in your field or something and the skill is in demand then you'd have a shot maybe, but it varies greatly by industry.

But even then you'd probably be making less than any western nation is the catch (though the cost of living is of course also lower there compared to any western nation save maybe America).

Attached: DSC_0662.jpg (2712x1430, 1.62M)

>kusoge
>a contraction of kuso geemu
>i.e. shitty game
>in reference to an animation

Thank you for informing everyone that your retarded opinion can be ignored.

Attached: P1060503.jpg (4320x3240, 2.78M)

Probably related to auto industry. Japan is banking on hydrogen-fueled cars instead of EVs because it would be too taxing on their electric grid. Maybe you can get in if they decide to transition to electric.

>12 years
No, no, I was just watching this with Yea Forums when it aired not too long ago... Not too long ago... ;_;

>On August 12, 2021, it was announced that the Tatami Time Machine Blues novel would be receiving an anime adaptation. The series, later revealed to be an original net animation (ONA), is animated by Science SARU and directed by Shingo Natsume, with screenwriter Makoto Ueda, character designer Yusuke Nakamura, and the majority of the original Japanese voice cast reprising their roles.[19][11] The series will premiere exclusively on Disney+ in Japan in 2022, with a theatrical compilation film version to follow later that year.[4] The Disney+ release of the series will include an original episode that will not be part of the theatrical compilation.[11]
Surely I'm not the only one looking forward to Tatami Time Machine Blues.

Attached: Tatami Time Machine Blues.jpg (1382x2048, 673.25K)

I'd be looking forward to it, but I'm worried about the influence Diskike+ may have.

disgusting

you aren't smart for watching anime

That's the point, if you can't read subs at a moderate pace you're not only not smart, you're literally an invalid.

>Will Japan ever top it?
Not even the best neetcore/shut-in anime

Attached: 210481.gif (500x281, 1.56M)

I liked it more than TG.

That's because it's literally the opposite of neetcore/shut-in.

i liked it a lot until i read the original novel
then i liked it a little less seeing how they mangled the story in the anime
but i still think it's great
i highly encourage you to read the novel

Morimi is a good novelist, if you want to try more of his stuff I'd recommend きつねのはなし especially.

wtf it is already 12 years? time really flies fast...

a masterpiece

looking forward to together with the new Opening of it because it will be surely composed by AKFG

the groomers are at it again

I want to eat a castella.

Too normalfaggy for me to relate.

Dickhead can't fathom that tooMuchTalking =/= iCantRead. Go flex your elementary school level skill somewhere else.

Yuasa already did.

Attached: x5.png (827x1200, 82.15K)

not only are you DUMB for watching anime, you are also CRINGE for thinking you arent

>"Watashi"
I will call him Satoshi until the writer (not Yuasa btw) issues a public statement revealing his actual name

Attached: 1642838324108.jpg (975x600, 114.51K)

Episode 1 is the great filter