Re:Zero WN - 10th birthday

Subaru has been gone from his world for 10 years now
Chapter 58 here: ncode.syosetu.com/n2267be/562/

Attached: cpy9c48glqu81.jpg (1200x641, 261.48K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rVaclqTtRog
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Chapter 58 Is Called: “The Unloved Ones”

--It was three years ago that Taritta began to be tormented by nightmares about her "destiny”.

Until then, Taritta had lived a life that had nothing to do with "natural destiny”.   Of course, she was completely ignorant of the existence of such a being called a “Star Prophet”.

--What do people think of when they hear the word "destiny"?

Fate, destiny, the inevitable trials and obstacles in one's life.   If you think of these things, then your destiny is distinctly different from them. They are things that cannot be prevented, like the rain that falls while walking on a road without shelter. Even the "people of Shudrak" have an understanding of such inevitable events.

In a nutshell, death is the most inevitable fate of all.   Old age, sickness, hunger, wounds, and other things related to death are inevitable and inevitable acts of fate that will surely come. No matter who we are, we cannot resist our destiny. And I believe that we should not defy it.

When our fellow man dies, we pray and sing that his soul may be welcomed in peace. Singing and feasting to send them off is the Shudrak’s way, a value that Taritta believes in.   Her sister Mizelda is an outstanding Shudrak among them. Taritta, though not as prominent as her sister, also comes from a family that has had a hereditary lineage of Shudrak chieftains. Being a Shudrak was an unquestionable truth for Talitta.

Following the teachings of the Shudrak is a natural thing, without any room for doubt. Taritta was not a good thinker by nature. She would not bother to add to her own troubles by worrying about them.   She thought that her life would involve following in her sister's footsteps and that she would be with her fellow "Shudrakites", those who share her blood and her path, from the beginning to the end of her life.   It was my destiny, my fate.

"- - Hey, Taritta. I was chosen by the star poet and given my destiny.”

--Yes, until my closest "soul sister" confided in me.

The fall of the empire.

"The fall of the empire, is it different from the Great Calamity?"

A man with an ogre's mask looks out in front of Taritta, whose resolve has been shaken and whose footing is faltering.   The writhing, jet-black figure seen from afar, instinctively recognizable at first glance as a “Great Disaster," but the man - Abel - sneers at him as if he were not afraid enough.

"Then there is no reason for you to stumble along the way. --You’ll have to leave the board, outsider.” 

Abel steps forward, clearly telling the rabble that they are not wanted.   Just then, a small Medium calls out, "Wait, wait, wait!” Medium shouts out. She grabbed the hem of Abel's outfit and held him back with all her strength.

"You're suddenly ready to do it! But it's not safe for you, Abel!”

"No way. We had already decided what we were going to do. If that was the real 'Great Disaster, then I'll lament that we're not prepared enough for it. But if it's not, then ......"

"And if it’s not?”

"That's just a joke before the real thing. We don't have time for entertainment. Then I'll bring the show to an early end. --You'll notice that from a distance."

Abel asks Medium with his chin set in the air, indicating the "Great Disaster”. Medium frowned, as if she did not understand what he meant. She looked at Abel and the "Disaster" alternately,

"I don't get it at all! You're so pretentious, Abel, that's your bad habit!”

"You blame me for your lack of wisdom!"

"That's all! If I don't agree with you, then get out of my way! Abel, you're interrupting yourself! If you were smart, you'd know that!”

"----"

Abel's hem doesn't budge as Medium stomps on the ground, her cheeks puffing out.   Abel, perhaps thinking it too much to waste time on the Medium’s openness, lets out a small exhale and then says, "You know what?”

"Don't you realize that she, Yoruna Mishigure, Kafma Irulux, and the inhabitants of the city of chaos are fighting hard to stop that 'Great Calamity?"

"Hmm, another bad habit?”

"--It has a will. The will of man is clear.”

Abel says this, and Medium tilts her head, "Will?”

At Medium's question, Taritta, who was standing still in the back, raised her eyebrows. “How could such a "Great Disaster," the embodiment of the end of the world, have a will?”

And Abel said it was the “will of man”. Where does such a thing intervene?

In the first place, it is inconceivable to think of it as a living thing. It is just the end of the world as it chisels away at the world with its writhing, bloated body.

What on earth did Abel see in it that made him think it had a will? Yes, Taritta and Medium came to the same question.….

“It reached out its hand towards you.”

"What??”

Abel's unexpected words made them both sound dumb. Medium had no idea what was going on, and Taritta felt a slight discomfort too, when the falling shadows had taken them away. From that terrible blackness, there was a slight hint of obsession.

"Most likely it reflects the will of the one who is struggling in its belly. It is reaching out from one side to the other, seeking salvation. Behold."

Before the gasping Taritta, Abel now extends his hand to show the "Great Disaster".   Taritta’s gesture makes their eyes widen and understand Abel's point.

The "Great Calamity" sits in the center of the magical city in place of the collapsed Lapis Lazuli Castle, spreading unrelenting destruction and demise to the surrounding area and expanding - a jet-black shadow stretching out, reaping, and taking in the end within itself. It is not buildings or the earth that it targets, but human beings.   And that too…..

"-Are Louis and Yoruna the only ones being targeted? " was the impression Taritta had.

Thats it? Short chapter.

Chapter 59 when?

If you watch the fierce battle against the "Great Disaster" from a distance, it is easy to see that the shadows have a bias in their aim.   The two main targets were Yoruna, who was making a great move to the right and left, and Louis, who was evading the shadows that had been drawn to her with a split-second move.

Taritta was also impressed by Louis’ tremendous movements, but Yoruna’s offensive and defensive abilities, which wielded destructive power, were also proof of her extraordinary strength as one of the "Nine Divine Generals”.

However, the man of the "Insect Cage Tribe," a thorny warrior who displays control comparable to that of Yoruna and frequently minimizes the damage caused by the "Great Calamity," is no match in terms of ability. And yet, the only attacks that flew in their direction, including those of the inhabitants of the city of magic who threw buildings, were like stray arrows.

"If they're targeting Louis too, it's not like they're going to go after the strongest first."

"If you ask only about their strength, Kafma Irulux is not far behind. But if you look at it from a bird's eye view, it's obvious. It has a will. Then it makes sense for me to move."

"How can you say that.....?”

“It's obvious. It can't possibly like me. If it were to reach out to me to put its trust in me, I wouldn't even be a candidate.”

Abel's matter-of-fact tone left Taritta puzzled.

She understood Abel's idea of defining the existence of the "Great Calamity" as a willful one, but even so, she could not understand how he could have been so sure. However, it was strange that she could recognize the criteria for judging the "Great Calamity”.

It was as if Abel knew who was responsible for the will of the "great calamity.

“It’s Natsuki Subaru.”

“W-What?!”

As if to push Taritta's doubts and Medium's lack of understanding out of the way, Abel looked at the "great disaster" and assured them both. Abel pulled his jaw back deeply as he looked at them wide-eyed.

"That was something that overflowed from within Natsuki Subaru. It would not be surprising if his will had intervened. I've always thought he was a man of many secrets, but never this many."

"Wait, wait, Abel-chan.......you're saying that's Subaru?”

"Technically, it's something that allows Natsuki Subaru's will to be reflected. I don't say it's him, or that it follows him. --Either way, the result is the same.”

"Abel, why do you seem so unconcerned!” Medium complains, her round eyes wide and her voice sounding like she's about to cry.

Looking down at her small figure, Abel narrowed his black eyes through the devil's mask. It's as if he despises children who annoy adults with their emotional selfishness.

"Do I look okay to you? He let it spill out from within, and the whole plan fell apart. We need to rethink this, but now is not the time. And you think I look fine?”

"No, you don't! No, that's not what I'm saying! It's not that, it's......Subaru-chan is asking for your help, isn't it? I'm asking you why you're fine with this!”

"-Will being there for his suffering help the situation at hand? Unfortunately, reality is neither so flexible nor so fraternal."

Medium’s earnest words, however, failed to shake Abel's steel heart.

This is because he is a cold, blind man who does not care about the human heart, but at the same time, he is a man who can separate what should be prioritized. This is a quality that a leader must have.

The same qualities are expected of Taritta, who has to take the position of chieftain.   But..,

"I have a......."

She cannot think like Abel, nor can she be decisive. Nor can I speak up and say I don't like what I don't like, as Medium does.

"I don't have time to argue with you here. I'm going. I have to speak with Yoruna Mishigure."

"...... with Yoruna? But how?”

Abel tries to step forward, unable to take the question and answer any longer. But Medium interrupts his words, her gaze eloquently illustrating the difficulty of moving forward.

Abel declares that he is on his way, and if he tries to talk to Jorna, he will find himself on the front line with the rampaging "Great Disaster". A battlefield where a split-second decision can mean the difference between life and death for the transcendent.

It is obvious that Abel will only endanger his life if he rushes out there. And that is exactly what he will do, without reaching a move that could change the course of the battle….

"----"

Taritta's whole body freezes at the thought of a move that could change the course of the battle. Or perhaps it is only Taritta who has that as an option. Only Taritta has the means to quell the "Great Disaster" that is spreading its horrifying demise.

Only Taritta knows the destiny that has been given to her to destroy the disaster.

Only Taritta knows the destiny that has been given to her to destroy the disaster.

“I'm going to step forward.”

“What?"

Taritta trembles as she faces her great decision.

Abel's voice is filled with doubt as Taritta stands by Medium who had just said this. The young girl who holds her back, her dark eyes flickering as if to look into her heart.

“What are you thinking? Did you even listen to me? The only reason I'm coming forward is because it doesn't like me. Then you come along......."

"I know! That's why I'm not going with you! I'm going where Louis and Yoruna are fighting! I'm going to make Subaru find me."

Based and WNtranslationdumppilled.

"----"

"If it's what Abel thinks, Subaru will reach out to me, right? If that's the case, it'll make things a little less difficult for Louis and the others, right? Abel might not be targeted.”

"I'm not as likely to be targeted as you are."

"Maybe they won't be after you as much! Right? Right?”

Medium steps forward and emphasizes her candidacy.

For a moment, I could see Abel seriously considering Medium's proposal. If she is right and the "Great Disaster" reflects Subaru's intentions, then there is a good chance that Medium will be targeted.

However, I am still worried about the smaller and less mobile Medium. Even if she plays a role to attract the attention of the "Great Disaster," she may be swallowed up by the shadows without being able to fulfill her role. If this happens, there will be a psychological upheaval among those around her.

Taritta herself could not be comfortable with the loss of the medium. She is one of Taritta’s favorites, as she is energetic, full of life, and unafraid of people. She couldn't face her brother, Flop, either.

—-If so, who can she face now?

"Abel, you!”

“I considered it for a moment, but in your condition you can't even fulfill the role of a decoy. The effect of your death on others may be a greater concern. I will not take such a gamble."

Next to Taritta, who is stalling, Abel dismisses Medium’s proposal with the same concern.

But the gnashing of teeth in Medium's eyes is unconvincing. At this rate, she may ignore Abel's opinion and rush out to the battlefield, raising her voice towards the "Great Disaster”.   In such a dangerous situation….

"Then I'll protect you, Miss Medium. There’s nothing to complain about then.”

The voice of a new figure steps on the rubble and interrupts. At the sound of this familiar voice, Taritta and the others turned in all three directions to look at the other.

He was a suspicious-looking man with a blue dragon sword under his thick right arm and an ugly rag covering his face. I had never felt that he was a very powerful man, but for some reason, at this moment, he had a fighting spirit that was so powerful that I could not help but notice the man standing there - Al.

“Al-chan! You got big and......back to normal!”

"I just ran into an old man who returned here. I didn't have time to go back to the inn to get my helmet, so you'll have to forgive me if I look a little awkward for a while."

"Not at all, it's cool! But if grandpa is here, you can go too......"

Al is back to his normal self, except for the rags wrapped around his face. At his words, Medium’s voice brightens and she looks around.   Naturally, Medium, who is also in the same state, would like to choose the option of returning to her normal state.   But Al adds, "Sorry," at the sight of Medium.

"Sorry I couldn't bring the old man.” He said, "I had to be smart about it."

"Uh-huh. I get it! But I'm glad you're back at least! Have you stopped being afraid yet? "

"......The fear probably won't ever go away."

Medium, who had her eyes downcast for a moment when her hope was taken away from her, immediately switches to the other side. Al lowers his voice and shakes his head in response to her words.   His voice is filled with fear and anxiety that he cannot hide. In the face of such a "Great Calamity," we all have an instinctive fear. No one can blame them.   But despite his untruthful fears….

"But I still have to do it......Destiny, I'm ready."

"Al-chan......"

Medium looks impressed by Al's determination as he raises the blue dragon sword in his hand. A small sniffling sound interrupts their conversation.

"You've got a big mouth for a shivering, shrinking, ugly thing," says Medium. I don't think Olbart Dunkelkenn is capable of inspiring others.

"Of course he doesn't. The old man just said things that pissed me off. It's not like he stood up for nothing.”

“Then what made you get up? How can you convince me that you, stuck like that, are part of the plan? "

"----"

Abel asks Al as he is stopped in his tracks by Medium's grip on his hem.

His cold eyes, which are looking through the devil's mask, are probably still thinking about the victory to be taken away from him. How will Al persuade Abel to join him?

Taritta cannot imagine, as she struggles to breathe under Abel's gaze.

With Taritta, Abel, and the medium watching him, Al says…..

"I'm sorry, but I'm not going to say everything I have to say to convince you, Abel.”

"Oh."

"The only master I have is that lovely and erotic princess. If this is how I’ve been sticking around to help my brother...…then that's what I'm going to do. I'll let you work my moves into the formula or whatever you want, Abel-chan."

Al carried the blue dragon sword on his shoulder. Abel's face, which was covered with a devil-may-care mask, became slightly tense with this refreshing detachment.

However, even if it is an answer he does not like, Abel does not have the power to drive Al away, nor does he have the relationship value to hold him back. That is exactly what Al wants.

Regardless of what happens, Abel has to make a plan based on the assumption that Al is there.

"He's a clown who's only trouble is coming back to his senses. How do you challenge him?”

"Trade secret. --Well, I won't let Miss Medium die. And don't worry, I'll protect Abel, too.”

"Al-chin...."

Al's answer was very powerful, as he looked at the rampage of the "Great Disaster" before his eyes.

The way Medium looks at these words is an expression of surprise and respect for Al's recovery from the "abomination" that Abel had described.   So Medium nodded her head with all the strength in her small body,

"I'll work hard with Al! Abel, is that okay?”

"-- I didn't include your presence in my plan."

“Thank you very much. The mere mention of your uncalculated strength makes me feel like I'm being treated especially, and that makes me feel good."

Shrugging his shoulders at Abel's answer, Al steps forward and is flanked by Medium. Finally, Medium pulled her hand away from Abel's sleeve.

Abel shakes his free arm, lets out a small sigh, and turns to face the "Great Calamity”.

And then…..

"--Taritta."

"Yeah......."

“If you want to shoot me in the back, go ahead. But be mindful. --Whether or not you choose to follow your destiny, in the end, you have no choice."

Without looking back at Taritta, Abel's feet move toward the battlefield, letting her hear him say this over his back. He turns to face the same direction as Abel, and Medium and Al seem to join him in his advance.

"--!"

Only Taritta, unable to move forward or backward, can only watch their backs.

The words that Abel had just said to her echo over and over in her head like a reminder to herself. It would be easy enough if I could just put an arrow in the bow in my hand and shoot Abel in the back.

But Taritta would not be so worried if she could just jump into a simple story.

"To obey or to disobey the will of God....I…..I….

Biting her lip, Talitta turned her head to the side, holding back the heat that was slowly rising in her. She could not muster the resolve to lift the arrow in her hand, nor the courage to speak out the thoughts that were still simmering in her chest.

Taritta just turns her head down in the midst of the broken city, which is dominated by the violent shaking and roaring sound.

--She is just like she was one day before, swept away, only to be mocked by the stars.

(…..)

The wind blows in Yoruna’s chest as she fiercely prevents the onrushing, jet-black darkness.

"----"

Waving her smoking pipe, she uses the purple smoke that forms as a wall to block the attack of the "Great Calamity" and to control its expansion.

In between, they fire a shell at a part of the city to inflict even a fragment of damage on the "Calamity".

Repeating these actions over and over again, we do our best with our bodies and minds to cope as best we can while dealing with the growing shadows that could kill us even if we just snatch them.

However, this kind of slow and steady action does not last long.

"What are you doing so weakly, sir?”

Yoruna retorts with her beautiful lips twisted into a smile at the weakness that is creeping into her chest.

She has no intention of retracting her dare she gave to Abel, regardless of the effect it may have. The city belongs to Yoruna, and those who live in the city are under her protection. It is the last stronghold for those who have nowhere else to go, and we cannot lose it.

"Uaauu!”

"Child.....!”

Suddenly, a large amount of black pollution poured down on Yoruna. Before Yoruna can react, a small shadow leaps to her side and jumps on her waist, and in the blink of an eye, the world changes.

For a moment, Jorna feels her head shake, but then she sees the earth being shaved several meters to the side by the violence, and she understands that she is protected.

It was Louis, a blue-eyed girl with golden hair tied back in a single bun, who had done it. Her round eyes widened in sorrow as she stared at the "Great Calamity”.

But she is not looking at the "Calamity" itself, but at what is inside it.

"You are worried about that child, aren't you?

"Uau.....!”

Yoruna’s words are answered briefly, and once again, Louis' figure bounces like a ball, heading toward the "Great Calamity”.

And then Louis bounces around the top of the "Calamity" - the bulky, irregularly shaped "Calamity" does not have a head, but if it does, she bounces around the part that is the head to get its attention.

So Rui came in contact with the shadows?

The shadow arms that shot out one after another at Louis' small body numbered close to a hundred, and Louis' contribution to avoiding all of them and preventing the spread of damage was immeasurable.

If it had not been for her, it is hard to believe that Yoruna and the inhabitants of the magical city would have been able to contain the "Great Calamity" by themselves. That's what's so horrifying.

"Use it, girl!"

Helping Louis to break through is Kafma, who uses the thorns extending from his arms.

He provides a foothold for the thorns, which he boasts of their immense control, and aids Louis’ evasive maneuvers with finesse. Of course, his thorns are swallowed by the "Great Calamity" if he fails to escape, but this does not seem to affect Kafma, who, as his earnest appearance suggests, continues to play an active role.

Behind the offensive and defense of Louis, Kafma, and Yoruna, the residents of the magical city continue to resist the "Great Calamity," albeit in a small way. Those with a flame in one eye are under the influence of Yoruna’s "soul marriage technique" and their power has been raised.

However, there are individual differences and limits to how much power they can gain. Yoruna's "soul marriage" is of such a nature that it favors the weaker ones.

It is not something that enables the weak to face the strong, but it is something that enables the strong to face the stronger.

This is a difference in the quality of the soul, and Jorna could not control it.

Therefore….

"-Still, just a few minutes."

It feels as if tremendous and endless time has passed, but only a few minutes have passed since the "Great Calamity" engulfed the Lapis Lazuli Castle and Yoruna and her team began their all-out battle.

Nevertheless, the wear and tear on Yoruna and her men was not negligible. This is the kind of environment in which one is constantly on the lookout for a fatal wound in a deadly situation.

And then….

"Hiyaaaahhh!!!”

With a vigorous shout, a new force is thrown into the battlefield, which seems to be in dire straits. The one who jumped into the fray with a force befitting the word "throw" was a petite girl charging forward with a barbarian sword poised in her hand.

The intrusion of the girl with her long braids dancing in the air, while maintaining a lively atmosphere, led everyone on the battlefield, including Yoruna, to a state of bewilderment.

Of course. What would happen if a girl joined the battlefield? She just looks like a girl whose bravery has turned to vengeance. And she was not the only strange intruder.

“Here we go, Miss Medium! We're in!” Barks a masked man carrying a blue dragon sword as he lands behind the girl.

He was one of the messengers who visited the keep yesterday, but unlike that time, he was not wearing a helmet but a mask that hid his face, and the way he held the blue dragon sword was strange. For some reason, he was holding the blade of the blue dragon sword against his neck and running out in a dangerous posture.

He could have accidentally cut off his own head by mistake.

At any rate, the air in the battlefield freezes slightly at the intrusion of the two, which only causes embarrassment. However, the freeze affects only the defenders, who devote their attention to this melee. --The "Great Calamity," which has no intention, was not surprised by the intruder.

Still, it is strange that most of the shadows were not directed at Yoruna or Louis, but at the girl who ran away, as if the "Great Calamity" had a sense of annoyance.

Yoruna, who must protect her, makes a sudden move, but….

"Right! Step on the foothold and fly!  Hook your toe on the rubble, now up!”

"Yes!” The masked man shouts, and the girl's voice bounces in time.

The girl jumps to the right at the man's command, steps on a piece of debris, and flies forward. When the girl's foot reaches a piece of rubble ahead of her, she flies upward with the force of her fingers.

The shadows stroked, scraped, and encircled the girl's moving position in turn. But the girl barely manages to avoid them, and she survives.

"That's......."

I saw the same scene yesterday at the keep, when the messengers who took part in the game proposed by Yoruna were targeted and attacked by the emperor - or rather, by a group of people led by a man dressed as the emperor.

The masked man had saved the day by instructing his allies on how to prevent the attack of the thorns of Kafma and Olbart. A man who seems to have no other special ability.

Either he has a terrible intuition, or he has a better reason for that. While I suspect the latter, I have no idea what that reason is.

Still, the situation has changed.

"Al-chin, Next!”

"Don't rush me, I'm nervous! Hey, that tattooed guy over there, give me a hand!  I'll tell you what to do!”

"No! Why would I let a stranger like you….”

“Up there! Spread the thorns wide!”

“G-Gaahh!! " the girl said

The masked man who raised his voice at the girl's request - the man called Al - called out to Kafma.

Naturally, Kafma refuses to obey his unknown opponent, but the jet-black shadow that rushes toward him in response to Al's cry proves that this is no time for quarreling.

Kafma bent down and raised his hands above his head as thorns spread out from his arms, and a huge wave of shadows flowed over the thorns, altering their trajectory.

Of course, the thorns cannot withstand the shadows that cut away everything, but in the one second that is gained, Kafma picks up his life.

Diving into the gap and escaping, Kafma glared at Al, "You.....!” he said, glaring at him.

"Can you read the movements of that 'Great Disaster?”

“We have a bit of a past history. Are you ready to listen?—“

“I'll tell you what. If you're trying to reduce the damage, fine. But if it's just a random thought, it's unacceptable!”

"You're more flexible than I thought, thank you for that."

When Kafma honestly admits his superiority, Al steps forward with a wry smile.

He again instructed the girl and Kafma to take command of the front line against the "Great Calamity" with the blue dragon sword around his own neck.   While the battle was going on….

"--Yoruna Mishigure."

"The Lord is......"

Yoruna, who was about to join the unexpectedly powerful Al and the girl, turned her attention to Abel, the demon mask that had stepped over the rubble and appeared.

It has been only a few minutes since their previous breakup, but he is not a man with enough charm to change his mind.

In the first place, the disconnect between Yoruna and Abel may not be something that can be easily wiped away with the passage of time, a disturbing thought that lies at the heart of the situation.

As if to encourage Yoruna’s thoughts….

"Have you cooled down enough to consider this proposal?”

In a calm and ruthless manner, Abel again throws a proposal at Yoruna that she had once rejected.

Of course, cooler is not the right word for a man whose head is racing with wariness. As long as the situation and the relationship remain the same, Yoruna answer is the same. Seeing no point in arguing, Yoruna turns her back on the cold-blooded emperor.

"You said this is the last place for those who have nowhere to go” he says.

"----"

"I remain of the opinion that this is a mere sentiment. But let me correct your mistake.”

“My mistake?”

Yoruna’s return to the battlefield was halted by this unsolicited remark.

It is impossible for Yoruna to be mistaken about the chaos frame of this magical city. This is Yoruna’s city, and all the residents are his beloved children. There is no way that Yoruna could be mistaken about them.

"What exactly do you think I am mistaken about? What is wrong with me?”

"It is not to this city that the helpless look towards. It is you.”

"----"

"The city of magic was originally built on a desolate land and the wreckage of war. The symbol of the city was the Lapis Lazuli Castle, but its true symbol has always been its keep. That is, you.”

Abel's eyes fixed on Jorna, and he said, "You are the one.”

Yoruna eardrums were struck by the strength and sincerity of his words, and her cheeks tensed up. I understand the logic. But it is a beautiful thing.

No matter if Yoruna is the spiritual pillar of the city's inhabitants, the fact is that when it rains, they need shelter, and when they are hungry, they need something to eat. The city can provide it, but Yoruna cannot provide it all.

"Or do you think that the Lord would say that if it were up to us, our children would be hungry and willing to get wet in the rain?”

"They will say that."

"They say.….”

"Do you think that all who stand under your banner are babes? Babies waiting to be nursed and suckled when they cry out. --That is not my view.”

Yoruna gasps quietly at the sight of Abel's reply.

Immediately after, there is a violent roar behind them, and pieces of debris from the "Great Calamity" fly toward Yoruna and Abel. One of the debris landed right next to Abel, who was standing still, and the impact knocked the man's slender frame and ripped the demon mask from his face.

"--!"

Blood trickled down his exposed face and forehead, which had been slightly grazed by a splinter, but the handsome man, whose expression did not waver even slightly, picked up the demon mask that had fallen beside him and held it in his hand.

Then Abel - no, Vincent Vollachia - stares at Yoruna with his bare face.
“The people are fools. They will not resist if it does not hurt. They will not even armor themselves if they have no enemies. They do not know how to unite without disaster, and they are so afraid of death that they turn away from it."

"----"

“But it is their weakness and stupidity that makes them what they are. The empire has bound the people with the Iron-Blooded Code, and in the city of magic, your way of being is the way of the people. Therefore…."

Abel broke off and looked away. I turn my eyes to follow him, and there, with Yoruna’s love in their eyes, are the residents who are resisting the "Great Calamity".

They are fighting valiantly to protect this city. No…..

“They will endure hunger and rain for you. And they choose to hope with you for the day when the sun will rise again and their bellies will be full."

Therefore…..

“Abandon the demon city. Their destination is the same as yours. And the only place you can turn is to yourself.”

“Or.…..”

“Or do you lament that you cannot? Your own desires and wishes that, no matter how hard you try, cannot be reconciled."

As he says this, Abel wipes the blood from his forehead with his sleeve and puts the demon mask back on his face. Once again, his expression hides behind his disguise, but the words he had just said penetrate deep into Yoruna’s heart and become thorns that will not come off.

From the moment she read the letter, she knew that Abel knew what Yoruna wanted.

However, it was too unsympathetic of him to cite it here. And that lack of compassion is a quality that is desired in this generation of Vollachian emperors. That is why there is only one course of action that can be taken.

“What are we going to do if we abandon the city of magic and escape from the disaster? It may consume this city, but that may not stop it.”

“You're testing me now. You know that."

The true meaning of his words was to abandon the city and let the "Great Calamity" do whatever it wanted.

Abel responds to Jorna's question with a sullen grin, his jaw set in a slump. His gesture indicated the “Great Disaster" itself - or rather, the foothold of the raging "Great Disaster”.

“The same thing will be done as when the castle was swallowed up. --The castle that was swallowed may not be enough to blow it up, but if it is your beloved Demon City, it will be a different story."

(……)

In the distance, the wind flutters the hem of the costume, and sharp black eyes look at the "Great Calamity" that will destroy the city.

Yoruna’s measures to limit the spread of damage as much as possible seem to be working, thanks to the contributions of Kafma, the city's inhabitants, and unscheduled forces. But they would not last.

So overwhelming was the threat of the "Great Calamity," which is darkness itself.

Or perhaps in ancient times, people saw such things, prepared for the destruction of the world, and left legends to pass down the horror to the survivors. The "Witch of Envy" is the best example, and the "Great Calamity" is also a part of it.

It's just that…..

The plague that destroyed the empire.….is a different kind of plague.

“It’s “The Great Calamity", sir. Well, here I am. I never expected such a thing to happen, and I'm tempted to forget my position and complain to the stars, you know.”

A man standing on a high place with his arms folded - Vincent is flanked by a blue-robed "Star Reader" who is crouching down, looking at the same thing. This man, who joined us without warning along the way, is saying this to the raging "Calamity", "I'm not in charge of this, you know!” He is a man who is determined to avoid any responsibility for the "Great Disaster”.

However, it is one of the few virtues of the "Star Poet" that he does not lie about what he sees. Since such a "Star Reader" speaks so boldly, that disaster and the destruction of the empire that the "Star Reader" foresaw must be two different issues.

In other words….

"Oh, here he comes! I was in a great hurry.”

"Oh, yes, Mr. Olbart."

Vincent squints his eyes in thought, and an old man appears behind him with a light presence. The "Star Reader" called his name ahead of the others, and the old man - Olbart - nodded his head "Oh, yes.”

Vincent frowns as he sees Olbart coming alongside him.

“When did you lose your right arm?”

"You are very perceptive, my lord. It would be funny if I told you that I’ve kept my right hand in my pocket....... I've been swallowed up by that big shadow."

“I see. That must have been quite the painful experience.”

“Oh, how very painful! I was about to cry like a little boy at my age. Shame, shame!"

Olbart roared, waving his right hand, which was missing from the wrist down. Aside from the farce between Olbart and the "Star Poet," Vincent once again looked at the battlefield.

A "Great Calamity" is stirring at the site of the former Lapis Lazuli Castle, and the city is holding it back. The strategy to defeat the "Great Calamity" has probably already been conveyed to Jorna.

All that remains is…..

"Even so, is it fine for Your Excellency to remain here?”

“It's not important." Vincent quietly responds to Olbart’s tilted head.

It is your job to tell Yoruna about the plan and to persuade her. Instead, Vincent has his own role to play.   So…..

"We've taken care of it. --I have done what I must do as Emperor of Vollachia, Vincent Vollachia."

—————END.

>Taritta: I been tormented by a "destiny' i have to fulfill That i didnt bother to mention until right now
>Are you going to tell us taritta?
>Taritta: No....
youtube.com/watch?v=rVaclqTtRog
BRAVO TAPPEI

It made me chuckle but I guess she'll tell them soon.

I think Chisha may have come to the realization that Ubilk is full of shit and will decide to change sides.

>Tappei didn't answer a single Rem question
This pissed me off more than I thought it would

They're spoilers.

So it might be that Subaru is unconciously controlling the shadow somehow? Satella was seperate from Subaru in the other cases, but considering how it spread, maybe it wasn't just this.

Why would he? It’s like spoiling the entire movie at a press conference before the premiere.

Last we saw anything of him he couldn't move apparently.

He could have at least answered something innocuous about her. He fucking even did an Arche question.
Ram got shafted too.

Have you ever seen a parent with a successful child and a loser child? Some parents will coddle the loser because they need it more than the successful child.

Tappei is constantly bombarded with fan mail about Rem, he doesn’t need to anything with Rem or Ram by extension for them to be what they are (Rem figures sell like mad).

>"Yeah, Archie fucking sucks. Next question."

I guess so. Tbf most of the questions I was seeing related to Rem were just people asking about her memories.

He was wishing for somebody to save him.

Seems more like she's jumping around them.

Tatoe kaze ga fukou to
Tatoe yuki ga furou to
Mune wo hatte saku hana no you ni
Itsumo chikarazuyoku ikite yukeru you ni

Dakara
Tobira wo hiraite ikou
Mirai wo egaite ikou
Donna unmei ga matteiyou to
Zettai kawaranai omoi wo mune ni
Ima ashita e fumidashite ikou

Attached: kisu-of-life.jpg (650x925, 89.71K)

Yeah, doesn't seem like he can control it.

>unconciously
He's "reaching out" to be saved. Since that's the case here, he might have also been affecting how the shadows moved in the sanctuary and the tower. The witch was at the sanctuary and controlling Emilia in the ln, though and the wn had her controlling Subaru's body in one of the doomed loop visions.

Abel is shitting his pants now that his plans are ruined by tella
Thats pretty funny

Yet he's having a Castledona moment by going like "yeah I knew this was going to happen, according to the plan."

Okay, you spammed this nonsense last thread and it didn't work then, take a hint.

I'm convinced now more than ever that Vincent just bullshits his way to victory whenever something goes wrong and then pretends this was what he wanted all along.

>Chapter drops in the last thread
>Everyone wants to keep fighting in the mud on their fucking lame ass waifu wars with their stupid strawmans and boogeymen like SPfag or whatever that avatarfag calls himself
I fucking hate you faggots

I want it to stop too user.

To be his favor he claimed that he never had luck on his side.

We love you too, user

Open reddit:
>Civilized discussion about the QAs and chapter
>Remfags and Emiliafags getting along and discussing the possibilities and angles

Open Yea Forums:
>REMKEKREMKEKREMKEK
>EMILIAFAGGOTEMILIAFAGGOTEMILIAFAGGOT

First day on Yea Forums?

Fucking cringe.
people are shilling garbage web novels here now?

Yeah? Have been for years. The firsts ones to translate the WN back in 2016/17 were Yea Forumsnons.
MTfags also have their LN/WN threads on Yea Forums.

>>REMKEKREMKEKREMKEK
>>EMILIAFAGGOTEMILIAFAGGOTEMILIAFAGGOT
This happens there regularly it just gets deleted and the posters get suspensions immediately.

Open reddit
>Nobody is kissing Petra

Open Yea Forums
>Petra is being kissed

>muh reddit
>muh both sides
Fuck off.

Faggot i been here since people analyzed the first season OP's and ED's lyrics and theorized that it was actually satella singing those songs to Subaru rather than Emilia/Rem

Now turn yourself in, user

Attached: pedo vision.png (1102x972, 856.84K)

Open reddit.
>faggots praising Sodom and Gomorrah

Open Yea Forums:
>redditor praising faggotry

You stupid idiot do you realize what you just done?
The thread is fucked now because of your stupid comparisons

Okay that's enough, why do i have to kiss Petra?

>60 posts/11 unique IPs
I don't think it matters bro. Threads dead.

>Al-chan! You got big
Oh my~