Why can't pirates just steal a marine ship and go straight to Raftel...

Why can't pirates just steal a marine ship and go straight to Raftel? Couldn't they at least skip all the other islands the marines easily access?

Attached: onepieceofshit.jpg (500x375, 51.11K)

>go straight to Raftel
and where is Raftel speedreader-kun?

laugh tale is inside the whirlpool that we seen in the first chapter (not pilot)

Laugh Tale is either under Reverse Mountain or in Space

Didn't they say it was "At the end of the Grand Line"?

How did Gol get there? Did he have Wormhole Wormhole Fruit?

it's figuratively, not the actual location

There's a reason Rayleigh learned how to coat ships

No, that's Lodestar.

You need to read the Poneglyphs to find out how to get to Raftel.

it's explained later in the manga. Raftel's location is unknown and no compass points to it. People only know about it because the the second-to-last island has some kind of sign that says "there's one more island, but to keep it secret from the marines, the location is hidden across the grand line in 30+ unbreakable ancient slabs written a dead language that's illegal to translate or copy" the actual coordinates are split across 4 separate slabs, but each one is in the possession of one of the pirate emperors, who are at war with each other and none of whom have the ability to translate the text they have access to, and even if you find and translate those 4 slabs, it's implied that all the other slabs are required reading for understanding how to use one piece.

In other words, the only way to get there is by going on a massive fucking scavenger hunt to solve the puzzle of where the fuck it is, and given what we know, it's entirely possible and heavily speculated that raftel is on the fucking moon

Crocus calls it the final stop on the Grand Line so you can understand the confusion

They can still skip unnecessary islands then, it would make their search much easier. The World Government has all these resources laying around to access every known place yet pirates who are supposed to steal things don't even bother with them?

Damn Daniel

>it's figuratively
More like a retcon because Oda just realized his world building makes no sense. So he pulled the poneglyph shit out his ass, just like he did with Haki to nerf Logias.

There are no "unnecessary" islands. The secret to raftel is in the grand line. no one knows where raftel is so you just have to go adventuring in the grand line until you find clues.

Lode star was said to be the final island on the grand line from the very start. No one ever mentioned how to get to raftel and it was a mystery until the road poneglyphs were revealed. how is that a retcon?

Nah I think you're full of shit

The World Government doesn't operate in any of the Sea Emperors' territory.

Why are you all replying to a shitposter who doesn't actually read One Piece? Are you that bored? You have nothing else to do?

Attached: 1309976913812.jpg (400x398, 141.59K)

The road poneglyphs aren't just coordinates to a location, they're also dates and times so you can fire your ship with the giant canon inside reverse mountain to the moon at the right time.
This is what I believe and nobody can convince me otherwise. I think we've already seen Laugh Tale and Enel cheated

they don't know where those unnecessary islands are though. Pretty much every island in the grand line that has a poneglyph keeps it secret and hides it in the sacred or secure place in the kingdom. one of places a poneglyph is located in isn't even officially recognized to exist

>There are no "unnecessary" islands
Little Garden?

It floats around on currents in the eye of a perpetual storm. Like Zou, and also like a raft.

The currents and winds and weather patterns surrounding it are so dangerous and erratic it does require precise timing, knowledge, and seamanship, and thusly isnt accessible from the air or underwater.

>is on the fucking moon
That’s where Enel shows up?

Shouldn't the World Government be closer to finding Raftel than anyone else? They should have intel on all the islands and surely must have some expert poneglyph researcher historians. How are pirates even supposed to have any hope to compete with only their own resources?

That storm is going to be full of monsters as well so it will take the whole crew to get through

ar ar ar

Except if you skipped all the "unnecessary" islands you most likely never find it because you'd never come across a road poneglyph. I know people liked to shit on Gear 5th as being le special thing needed to be pirate king, but its really Luffy having Robin on her crew since she's one of the few people on earh who can even read them, every other pirate who doesn't have her are fucked (look at big meme who can't do shit despite having a road poneglyph)

Until Roger cracked it nobody even knew it existed. The Government was probably happy enough with that instead of sending some jerk off fleet to buster call it. Can't have the shit eating navy asking questions

>but its really Luffy having Robin on her crew since she's one of the few people on earh who can even read them

I mean. Robin figured it out as a prodigious child. She's probably not the smartest person in the world either. I bet Vegapunk can read it, for example, or atleast could if he cared to considering we still dont fully understand his motivations.

Also, Luffy has chosen one magical understand-any-language intuition abilities.

We have no idea how much work the scholars of Ohara put into deciphering that language. Robin came in at the end when they had translated it

That's illegal

>Robin came in at the end when they had translated it

Without their help. A relatively uneducated child.
Sure she's smart, but I don't think some kind of impossible genius.
It's probably more an issue of finding enough examples of the writing to dissect.
Which obviously, each Yonko has atleast one, and has some kind of scientist or engineer in their crew.

IT.IS.A.RETCON.
Look here, Oda initially intended for Raftel to be the last island on the Grand Line. As in, the island that every other island leads to following the routes of the log pose. make all the excuses you want "eets ownlee a figuh of speeech" and all that shit, you can't deny seeing this page, Oda didn't think his world through and needed to retcon and justify why no one's found One Piece yet.

Attached: raftel.jpg (1066x1600, 575.19K)

>Viz

Are you claiming that map is a literal representation of the One Piece world?

So?

Oda retcons his story too much, this, haki, Luffy's fruit etc.

>Without their help
bruh, she literally spied on them working and mentally copies their notes. She didn't figure it out on her own, she piggybacked off of all of their research.

No but it's enough to be considered a representation of Oda's intention.

>haki
>retcon
shit was introduced in Alabasta

Why didn't Ace know then?

why didn't ace know what?

bit of a stretch
its obviously figurative
its entirely possible that could have been his original intention
but certainly not any sort of conclusive evidence of it

i think Oda more probably had an idea for why you couldn't just skip to the end of the grandline considering the whole shape and mythology of the world is built around it

Am I the first person in this thread who thought to ask “wouldn’t they find out one of their ships got taken over by pirates?” instead of just focusing on the logistics of navigation?

Why didn't Luffy?
Why doesn't every marine?
It took Luffy 6 months of intense dedicated training to get what was considered "the basics"
People like CP0 were already training techniques like rokushiki so I can see why they might not put so much focus into haki
Should they still have it? I mean probably, but who is to say they didn't?
Garp punched luffy as a kid and it hurt, but we didn't see his hand turn black

I mean, they might find out, but what are they going to do about it? It's not like their ships have on board GPS that they can use to track them.
The real issue with , is Stealing a navy ship wouldn't even help them even the slightest bit in terms of traversing the grand line. Navy ships are only special in that they can sail through the calm belt.
I suppose that means they could go from like West blue to the last region of the grand line, but without a registered log pose they'd probably starve before finding an island there.

rokushiki is haki. Or more like pre-haki training. Tekkai and Shigan are clearly gateway techniques to Haki.

Well do you really think a pirate crew is going to be able to keep up the facade?
And if HQ finds out, wouldn’t they at least give an order to inspect ships within a reasonable area to make sure it’s not the one that got commandeered?

Not how the log pose works. Imagine being able to see only one island, you go there, then you lose your eye sight for a unknown amount of time. Could be a few seconds, could be minutes, hours, days, weeks, months, even years. Then, all of a sudden you gain back the ability to see, but only in one direction, to the next island. And the process repeats. That's how the log poses work in the world. That's why they can't just skip islands.

Oh, i never imagined they were trying to pretend to be navy, i thought OP just though having a navy ship would help them because of the Seastone bottom of the ship.
Pretending to be navy wouldn't do you any good in the new world anyway since the navy only controls the first half of the grand line (and they don't even really control that).

OP's fucking mad lol.
Sorry the actual story doesn't work the way that's convenient for your anger.

thats not haki, thats the same generic eastern mysticism thats in every anime

let me guess, next you'll say Mantra wasn't Haki either?

Because the calm belt on the second half of the grand line is ruled by the emperors

These are required to find Raftel:
- You must find the Zou Road Poneglyph
- You must either defeat or infiltrate and escape Big Mom's territory for her Road Poneglyph
- You must either defeat or infiltrate and escape Kaido's territory for his Road Poneglyph
- You must find the mystery Road Poneglyph

Your post mentions none of this.

Even if it was, what are you gonna do about it? Is the marine ship gonna un-retcon the world and sail right to one piece?

The more retcons a story has, the worse it is and Oda retcons more than any other mangaka. Shows what a shit author he is.

am i the only person that considers shit writing moments like these less impactful because of the overall tone of one piece being less serious.

I know even fans can forget because Oda doesn't really show it outside of the initial scenes
But let's not forget, the Grand Line, and especially the New World, are absolute MONSTERS to sail through
Even with an experienced navigator, helmsman, captain, and even if you had an eternal pose, getting all the way to Roadstar (and by extension - Laugh Tale) is no simple feat

Look at this guy acting like he knows where Laugh Tale is.

Kizaru... You haven't seen One Piece. You read too fast.

Maybe it's in the ocean right before the redline and people simply can't find it cause of fate. Ever think of that?