Tokyo Ghoul

I marathoned TG and TG:re over the past week and I gotta say what the fuck happened to the author after the end of the first part?
While TG was a straight 10/10 read for me :re was just messy as fuck.
The only highlights in :re were the climax of the Tsukiyama raid, the Arima fight and the absolutely based sex chapter but everything else was so fucking underwhelming and even shitty at times. Especially that complete trainwreck of a final arc.
:re was like a 6.5/10 at best.
Did the author have something to say about this insane quality drop?
Because it feels like some retarded editor completely took the reins in this one.

Attached: 49163C2F-962B-4DC5-9D5A-5B889C6C0493.png (318x328, 75.1K)

He was depressed and hated his weekly schedule

But it felt off from the very beginning.
The whole memory loss plotline with Kaneki dragged on for way too long and there were so many fucking pointless characters I couldn’t bring myself to give a single fuck about.
The weekly schedule is one thing but it feels like the author didn’t really plan things out as he went forward with the story.
So many good and interesting characters from the first part got sidelined so that the new and shitty characters could eat up panel time.

>he didn't enjoy Sasaki and Quinx friends
:re was fine until the jail break. That's when it started to spiral.

>But it felt off from the very beginning.
Not really imo. the pacing was fine up until volume 7 or so when things suddenly moved at a breakneck pace after that point, with things offscreened or simply rushed. At that point, he was pretty much burned out and you could feel he just wanted to end it.
>The weekly schedule is one thing but it feels like the author didn’t really plan things out as he went forward with the story.
He was a nobody when he wrote the series aand not even he himself probably believed it would become this popular, he pretty much improvised throughout the story as he went along. Either way, my personal opinion is that TG is inferior to his webcomic and latest work.

He felt very burned out and never went on hiatus for the entire runtime of Tokyo Ghoul AND :Re.

I dont know where you read the manga, but in the final volume of :Re he wrote a long message about his personal life at the end, describing that he is aware of the drop in quality and stuff.

Attached: 0179-034.jpg (1115x1600, 378.61K)

I'm dumping those pages here

Attached: 0179-035.jpg (1115x1600, 328.85K)

Nah.
The squad shitters fucking sucked.
Except Urie who for some reason replaced Amon and got all the fucking development after plot device guy died.
The psycho tranny and the fat uguu loli were especially bad and complete waste of space.

Attached: 0179-036.jpg (1115x1600, 314.11K)

Attached: 0179-037.jpg (1115x1600, 292.51K)

That's all.

It's really a shame, guess you could blame it on japanese work culture. In my opinion there shouldn't have been a part 2, with Tokyo Ghoul just ending with Kanekis death as a tragedy.

Attached: 0179-038.jpg (1115x1600, 211.96K)

Nta but Shirazu was fine as well, his dynamic worked with the other characters and he was the glue that holds the group together. I agree about the others two, though iirc the fat neet didn't take up that much paneltime either

Nah, they were enjoyable in the beginning and peaked when sharkbro died. After that, I'd agree with you.

That afterword hurts to read.

It became shit when he decided to get rid of the edge and all global angle.
Remember amon potentianlly being a dragon surpasses eto? neither does he.
Then it ends on some wishy washy shit, don't even remember how it ended.

Consider yourself lucky OP. Reading this week after week was a nightmare, especially with the deluded fans gurgling Ishida's balls despite the quality taking a nosedive.
Terrible experience all around.

The threads were the most fun I've ever had on this website.

>I cant accept everything. But I "kinda" like who I am. Thats not so bad right?
I remember reading that the first time, and I still feel it.

he burned himself out and basically said fuck it and everyone who was following it weekly could basically fuck themselves lol
and now he's doing a new series and everyone is just ignoring tg re ever happened and not at all wary that it might happen again because I don't know- consume I guess

Wish we could turn back time

Attached: PSX_20220421_023935.jpg (1651x1131, 713.03K)

Sounds like you spent too much time on platforms like plebbit, that's on you

>almost 5 years ago

fuck man...

>and now he's doing a new series and everyone is just ignoring tg re ever happened and not at all wary that it might happen again because I don't know- consume I guess
He's actually taking breaks now and went more prepared into his current work, that was my only worry. I'm already enjoying it way more than early TG

Sui Ishida put so much blood sweat and cum into Tokyo Ghoul.

Those are not even the funniest ones. Post the jobbers roleplay shitpost screenshots when Uta got btfo by his boyfriend. Now that was a sight to remember

Those threads were terrible. Retards playing where's Waldo with low-quality scans to find "hidden messages". Constant crying and seething whenever you asked if Ishida had any idea of what he was doing. Only highlight was the fujo crying because of the sex scene.
I don't miss the mentally ill.

>i dont miss the mentally ill
Why are you on this website?

This
I would start becoming wary if he overworks himself again, which fortunately doesn't seem to be the case anymore. I'm more confident in Choujin since he already has an outline for the story and apparently knows where he wants to take things. It really reminds me of Togashi going from YYH rushed final arc to starting HxH with all this new experience

Remember when Uta was supposed to be the OEK?

user, i know you miss the Vancouver shitposting. It's okay.

Attached: PSX_20220421_024921.jpg (1080x1560, 312.77K)

Yeah I remember the retarded headcanons, good times. On a side note, the OEK bit really deserved its own volume

Nagaraj theories were so fun

Attached: uta.jpg (512x325, 11.01K)

I still cant believe he got away with that

Part of me wants to wait until he's finished with Choujin X and then ask people here if it stayed okay all the way through.
Another part just doesn't want to engage with Ishida's stuff at all anymore. Yeah, I'm gonna be a salty faggot and say I feel betrayed. Tokyo Ghoul was my favorite mango.

>Only highlight was the fujo crying because of the sex scene.
Yeah but then anytime you said TG Re was shit, they'd just conflate you with salty fujos in order to damage control so that was a curse too.
>This chapter was shit
>LOL SEX SCENE SEETHE MORE HIDEFUJO

OEK definitely deserved more time to develop and pay off. But I dont really mind how the manga ended.

I am not having blind faith in ishida ever again after tg :re, but to be fair I am not having blind faith in any author after that fumbling arc from snk (not a snktard nowadays dont worry, I left those schizophrenic generals that still exist for some reason a long time ago). That doesn't change the fact that Choujin X is pretty good so far and I am enjoying it. If it goes to shit oh well I'll just move on to a different story and maybe partypost if it gets as bad as re. For how bad re turned out, the shitposting of post-rose every single week and the weekly meme material are my best memories in Yea Forums. I still remember rio de janeiro slurp slurp, saint talker, etofagging jobberposting, clownposting, nishiki's kick vancouverposting, aurima edits and furutaposting like yesterday.

Attached: 1650502548254.png (533x485, 219.81K)

I get you, I'm just being vindictive. And yeah, SnK suffered from almost the same fate, although I never quite nearly liked SnK as much as TG. My view towards SnK could be aptly summed up as "ok" by default and "neat" if something happened that I thought was interesting. Feels worse when it's something you actually care about.

Yeah I kinda feel you, but I'm personally having a blast with the discussion threads, one of the few series where I actively looking forward to the chapter threads. It feels like the good old days of TG (before shitposting went out of control) and I'm just enjoying the story and characters for now.
>Another part just doesn't want to engage with Ishida's stuff at all anymore. Yeah, I'm gonna be a salty faggot and say I feel betrayed
I don't understand the former since you can always just drop a series if you don't feel it anymore. Cautious optimism is fine for now since in my opinion :Re could have been much better if he had taken breaks. You can't compare a weekly series to what he's currently working with

If the rumbling was half as good as the dragon arc SNK wouldve been great.

Yea Forums started to shit on :re since cochlea arc and at a certain point most people kept reading the manga because of the threads to make fun of the newest memes the chapter would provide over anything else. The people that like it more nowadays are the speedreader newfags that joined the fandom after the storytime of tg about a year ago.

Yea Forums is not a hivemind though, I can dislike the majority of post cochlea and still finds enjoyable parts in the second half.

>Yea Forums is not a hivemind

>I don't understand the former since you can always just drop a series if you don't feel it anymore.
Probably a desire not to get as attached to one of Ishida's works the same way I did to TG, or simply an implicit denial of the man's work after TG.
I did check out the first few chapters, I think, when it was starting out. Not sure where it's at now. It was neat, I guess, but not at all enough to make me go "I need to follow this." Had TG ended on a good note, I would've probably been over it more, rather than the opposite.
Seeing the bird beak mask thing just hit a sore spot too, lmao.

I remember one dude that avatarfagged as Furuta who defended the manga while everyone else in the thread shat on it. There were some toukafags that defended it in the post 125 threads but they went back to plebbit in a week or two.

Re: was a disappointment but I can’t hate Ishida, Tokyo Ghoul part1 was one the highest quality weekly manga I have ever seen, I’m still waiting before I jump into the ChoujinX train though.

>been rewatching TG because I can't get enough of Touka
She's the best thing that came out of the series.

Attached: [BlurayDesuYo] Tokyo Ghoul Root A - 09 (BD 1280x720 10bit AAC) [4585B6AA].mkv_snapshot_15.56.489.jpg (1280x720, 67.43K)

I mean let's be real most of us didn't follow TG weekly until much later, like shortly before the anime started airing and I personally think the best parts happen early on in TG, most of which I didn't happen to follow with Yea Forums (sadly).
>Probably a desire not to get as attached to one of Ishida's works the same way I did to TG, or simply an implicit denial of the man's work after TG.
Understandable, but you should know better now and be able to jump ship when you see the signs approaching. :Re had much bigger issues that ultimately led to the downfall, mainly his lack of planning (he basically wrote the story by the seat of his pants) and never taking breaks of course. The fact that he changed his mindset and actually takes it more seriously now, is what makes me think it could reach Part 1 levels of quality throughout.
>I did check out the first few chapters, I think, when it was starting out. Not sure where it's at now. It was neat, I guess, but not at all enough to make me go "I need to follow this.
I personally think the series hits its stride with the start of the second arc (around ch6) when the deuteragonist gets introduced, then it starts feeling more like Ishida-esque. But I can't blame you, I would just stack chapters and come back later (if you are willing to pass on the discussion threads). Right now, things are really heating up and you can actually feel he has fun drawing this.

Attached: 33.jpg (784x1145, 115.58K)

Same snk was far worse but it already went to shit on my eyes in 124 and by the point 133 came out I knew the shit ending was inevitable, however I expected a shit ending but no one expected it to be THAT bad. Still it all happened in one arc. Tgre started going downhill nonstop after rose finished and everyone expected the final arc and ending to be shit.
Even so tg re was my first shit ending and like you it hit harder than with snk and stung for years, where with snk just moved on other stuff as soon as the extra pages came out. Also outside the manga itself I loved the threads and the tg/partybros and I fucking despised snkthreads and their shipperfaggotry, and seeing at the OPs lately I can tell they somehow are worse nowadays. The only good memory from snk are the vocaroos from that one guy and the hallucigenia/cambrian posting in 137.

So will we get a sex scene with Tokio and the loli? Will normalfags seethe and call Ishida a pedo? (Even though she is actually older than him)

the tranny was a great character because of how ishida depicted her as a complete psycho who only got that way because of intense physical and sexual abuse from her youth (very accurate)

>very accurate
kek, you wish

it's just facts bro

One thing that I never understood was how TG got so popular with normal fags with one of the worst anime adaptations I’ve ever seen, was really just that nice intro?

Uta is my boyfriend.

the meme intro and fujoshit they could push between hide and kaneki
especially bad with root a

Normalfags are fine with that stuff as long as they see an arbitrary number attached to the character

Attached: 1.jpg (700x700, 49.8K)

I started reading SNK monthly in like 2015 so it hurt more when it went to shit.

I still love Eto.

Based and party pilled

Don't disrespect aurima, dude btfo'd kaneki somehow and got a harem with some of the hottest characters in :re

Attached: 1650504936990.jpg (577x1177, 559.91K)

You gotta give Ghoul one thing: Not many manga has their main girl get creampied right there on panel.

Attached: Touka face.jpg (480x360, 38.77K)

I remember when he stepped on talker's head like a literal shit and got away with it. Unironically the best character of re after it went to shit

Attached: 1513008572754 (1).png (507x632, 223.15K)

Image seething so hard about best girl that you are wanking some literal who who had like 2 lines in the entire story