Oshi no ko added to Manga plus

Let's goooooooo!

Attached: 1650468397176.png (796x1130, 917.38K)

>the AMAZING
made me chuckle
but this still means korean leaks are still on the table to get here first, right?

>Let's goooooooo!
kill yourself

cool, more idol shit I'll never read

It'll only take 6 months to catch up to the actual chapters

I hate Kana so much it's unreal

You're missing out because it's barely about idoling

*idolkino

the fuck is a mango piss

I don't think they're going to catch up, they will probably just start releasing ongoing from chapter 70+ whatever, that's what they usually do.

I remember some anons bitching about translation from the fan group. I hope you're happy.

I'm actually surprised it took them almost 80 chapters, but it's better late than never.

I've read up to around 70 chapters 3 months ago and I forgot almost everything.
Is it really worth to keep up weekly with it?

>The HACK Aka Akasaka
Ftfy

>The amazing Aka Akasaka
Amazingly disappointing.
Can't believe I cheered for Kaguya-sama to find success, Instant Bullet was a fluke.

Right now it only has the first four chapters.

Because there's no chapter this week, otherwise it would be first 4 chapters + the newest one.

Now do the rest of Young Jump instead of shitty Jump+ axebait nobody cares about

Ai's Fanclub got BTFO

Eh, they've released 4 chapters in 1 day.

Kana is cute. I love Kana

I just expect a Aqua-Eren after Kana receives the Mengo treatment

Kana is the cutest!

It's a bit sad they started after the previous chapter, it's really interesting to me if the dialogues from it would feel less weird in this translation.

>they call it Oshi no Ko straight up
I wonder how they'll handle Kana's title drop.

TN Note: Oshi no Ko means "The Star's Child"

It's actually a good move SEO-wise, shit like star child or whatever would be barely searchable on social media, but also kinda kills the namedrop.

>Mangaplus leaving lolicon as lolicon and not pedophile
B-based?

This translation group is the same one that did Summer Time Rendering. They're pretty faithful and they don't really lean much to localization at all. You can kinda tell by the fact they kept it as Oshi no ko like points out
In general, this group sticks pretty close to the original japanese text, including things like honorifics and even translation notes. I imagine most anons here will probably be content with this translation since it's not gonna try to pretend it's not japanese like some Viz properties

Attached: 0094-005.jpg (1080x1580, 297.54K)

So did we, to be honest. The image resolution used in Mangaplus series is garbage compared to the raws they were using.

>this group
They're official translators nigger

Holy shit don't be such a faggot.
I could not give less of a shit about them being official or not. Are they not a group of people? It's better than calling them "these translators"
The fact that you even care is beyond retarded

Are you actually complaining about getting source image quality instead of edited raws with shitty levels killing details and tones?

Retard, mangaplus doesn't use source quality. Digital raws from the YJ app are what the scanlators use and often what user would dump here on wednesdays, and they are 2x larger than the mangaplus images plus better quality.

You're confusing it with the korean scans that use magazine scans but that's not what the current scanlation used.

Left is scanlation, right is mangaplus.

Attached: c.png (1650x780, 672.76K)

That's just Jaimini which I'm pretty sure used the magazine scans

You know you can open the last chapter and see it has literally the same "screentone on face turns full gray color problem"?

Are you ripping the pics directly from the site? This is how I see that panel with the high resolution setting on my browser. I'm obviously doing something wrong because your capture looks great (and you can actually see the screentones).

Attached: asdf.png (1068x507, 124.56K)

Where is Kingdom
Why don't they translate Kingdom
Stop doing nothing Shueisha
Praise Qin

If that is the case blame young jump, I never did anything to the raws besides cropping them a bit but that obviously doesn't affect the screentone.

It's the same image, but downscaled because of the width limit, if you use scripts/tachiyomi to get the chapter or advanced devtools autism to get the page, you would get it.

>jaimini
haven't heard that name in a while, why did they felt apart again?

I looked at it a little bit more and I think this might be the volume version, maybe the actual ongoing chapters will be around the same quality as scanlation.

Sounds pretty based.

Oh yeah true, I didn't even notice that. You can see the updated guy in the flashforward in chapter 4.

Just use mloader like a normal person.

Attached: Oshi No Ko - c004 (web) - p002 [Viz].jpg (1464x2100, 650.83K)

>native isekai
I sleep

>he image resolution used in Mangaplus se
i think they are doing it on purpose to entice people to go and buy the physical/digital releases

Probably legal reasons. Last I checked they were hosting Korean webtoons or something

Huh, neat. Wish I didn't just reread it recently.

I don't know what this series is but I'm sure you're a fucking retard

>from a new perspective
lol

No, he's correct.

Nta but they’re totally different things and it is dumb to refer to them as a group. You have no idea if the same people are working on this when it’s an official translation, couldve hired totally different staff.
Plus it’s creepy to refer to a big for profit company using the same terminology as you do for nerds doing it for free in their spare time.
Personally I’m not too excited about the manga plus model for many reasons (fake-free reader with low resolution images & paywalled backchapters, etc) and this thread reeks of shilling.

no

>paywalled backchapters
As if that would matter when you can just rip them and read it like any other manga
>low resolution images
Fair, but at the end of the day most of the manga on English in M+ either
-Will have volume releases anyway
-Wouldn't even have gotten TLs if not for M+

It's only the few already popular manga which gets picked up later on, like this one, that escape that criteria.

here, I can't believe Shueisha was hiding those high resolution pics behind their shitty site mloader worked like a charm, thanks for the info user! I obviously take back what I said before.

Attached: Oshi No Ko - c004 (web) - p016 [Viz].jpg (1464x2100, 761.17K)

Don't get too excited, it can go shit next week when the actually new chapter releases

they just rebranded as comikey now
fucking fags

Isn't M+ continuously releasing Torture Princess at this resolution?

Oh, they're comikey? Huh.

Nvm just checked and yes they're releasing it at 2100px. Then again other Jump+ titles like SxF are being released at the normal 1145px res. I wonder how they decide these things...

Attached: Tis Time For Torture Princess - c138 (web) - p000 [Viz].jpg (1467x2100, 535.48K)

all the old JB accounts on reddit reactivated at the same time and started spamming comikey shit

It depends. M+ is actually not a singular entity that does everything in the same way, it depends on what magazine is involved, which pair of translator/typers works on it, what publishers are involved(it's actually not always viz despite being a viz service), etc.

M+ is not a Viz service.

as an example, their raw provider, probably the one who made those retarded claims about how much it cost to get the early raws when they complained about how expensive scanlation was

Attached: 1637171418197.png (1052x1102, 171.32K)

Gonna miss the appendices. They were the best part on a lot of the chapters.

Attached: Oshi no Ko - 22 - Self-Proclaimed Idols - 20.png (1116x1217, 937.04K)

It's pretty much is, the ayakashi triangle incident was just a few months ago.

>it appears to be publishing 4 chapters every week. Not counting breaks or switches in chapters published, it will take 26 weeks to catch up to simulpublication.

M+ is directly operated by Shueisha Japan. VIZ is just a subsidiary of Shueisha or something like that.

Yeah, you could tell how much they liked working on the manga from those, learned some interesting stuff too. I'll miss them as well.