SEA vs America

SEA vs America
Choose wisely.

Attached: Saikyou Maou Murabito A.jpg (2586x3222, 444.9K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/BadAnimeTLs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

to an eop honorifics are meaningless, putting them in what is supposed to be a pure english translation for eops is retarded
both are done by seaniggers anyway

The grammar in the SEA "translation" is horrible. Honorifics in subs are a waste of time unless you're actually deaf, but trying to translate them, like the example here, or "sissy" or such just get silly.
Just learn Japanese and watch it raw.

Muse vs Funi

Attached: image.jpg (2346x3600, 1.75M)

left because I have functioning ears and can clearly hear her say Ard kun and not Ardy like a retard

Yea Forums

cartel disc*rd

I'd understand why Crunchyroll drops the honorifics for their more popular shows like Hero Academia or some shit because normalfags that don't know the honorifics will be watching those but putting this shit into more niche stuff that only people familiar with this shit will watch is retarded

Maybe Muse isn't so bad after all. But I still won't watch anime on youtube.

why do you care so much about honorifics? if you care so much just watch the raw retard

expect it to get worse

Attached: 1650446969173.jpg (828x723, 130.55K)

Left because right is just retarded. Putting a -y on someone's name isn't the same as being casual with them. If you're friends with Bob, you'd call them Bob, not Bobby.

Left.

ok Anny (TL note: user-chan)

honorifics are so fucking retarded to translate. even before i started learning japanese i could already get what they meant, they don't belong in subs.
how long until you retards start reeing about marin, nagatoro and NEO TWEWY itt?

Yeah, any subbed Japanese cinema and translated literary Japanese dropped the honorifics together. Only schizo weebs care about them

There are three kinds of anime fans:
The hardcore otaku who learned Japanese.
The casuals who don't give a shit and probably watch dubs too.
And the middling weeaboos. Longing for Japanese yet too lazy to do anything about it. Demanding to be catered to despite not putting any money into the industry.

Either leave them or drop them fully. None of this Ardy shit.

SEA-niggers are winning here, even the anti honorific faggots claiming that it's incomprehensible to the average viewer ends up having to defend shit like Ardy being a middle ground between Mr Ard and Ard somehow making sense to anyone.

Fansub vs Crunchyroll

Attached: dame.png (1280x1435, 1.49M)

Yea Forums has changed

Isn't that just the difference between broadcast and bd version?

Honorifics are important to better understand the relationship between the people having the conversation.
In japanese it is not the same to refer to somebody with -san, -kun/chan or without honorific and by surname or by given name.
If your language doesn't have the proper way to convey that information it could lead to an inaccurate representation of the relationship between characters.

It's no surprise that the SEAmonkeys are less braindead than westoids.

They're actual weebs and not ironic ones.

The context makes a lot more sense when honorifics is used in these two images. I don't get why some of you anons hate the idea of it.

Then why most of subbed cinemas and translated Japanese literature (not LNs) drop honorifics? Those media generally have a better translation quality than otaku stuff

thought this was emilia for a second

Attached: 1646782894956.png (1280x720, 897.18K)

Don't lump us honorific retaining chads in with the sus hating schizos

It helps that in most SEA countries there are actually honorific pronouns that you use to refer to someone older, so they understand the usage of kun/san and shit.

I didn't even realize there was a difference until I saw this post and took a second look, I thought user meant it didn't matter because he only watched anime to fap to fanservice

Crunchyroll is dubbing that show though

>this thing with a far lesser audience should be used as the basis for the thing with the far greater audience

most official manga translations nowadays use honorifics other than Viz.

Manga translations aren't known to be high quality user... I should have specified manga & LN

Is the cartel still relevant in 2013+9?

Watched JJK & KnY in cinema and neither are subbed with honorifics

Honorifics are seriously the least of official subs' problems
twitter.com/BadAnimeTLs

SEAchads rise up!

Many of them got picked up by CR.

Why?
I thought watching them on licensed platform atleast help contributing to the industry.
Genuine question here.

Attached: 1649040279867.png (433x463, 186.05K)

yes. look up whos subbing summer time rendering... and paripi koumei. All Green highlighted uploads are from cartel and their releases always instantly get circlejerked in the comment section by their discord raid

Why americans cant into honorifics?

Simple, my internet is shit and I don't want my anime to buffer when I watch it.

Honestly? The localization shitfest turned me off from buying NEO.

laughing my ass off imagining crunchy subbing carlos-kun with carlitos or some shit like that

Extract the sub's and watch them with the torrents. And give them to me so I can do the same.

Extract a hadsub?

why would anyone even watch anime while having no idea about honorifics

reminder that CR is just Funi in disguise

And I'm playing 13 Sentinel in Japanese

Right because I have ears so I don't care how bad the subs are and CR has better video quality.

They can't be weebs because they're not w (although in the US they're now ‘w-adjacent’).

based ESLs saving the industry.
where do i sign up?

>just learn japanese
>just learn to bake
>just learn to build houses
>just learn how to perform your own surgery

It's free but it's on youtube and you need a SEA IP to pass the region lock
SEA streaming licenses is basically split between Muse and Ani-One(also on youtube)

it is not uncommon for subtitles to differ from the audio.

>Honorifics in subs are a waste of time
I disagree
Its a cultural aspect that doesn't carry over to english so you kind of have to hear it in a scene like in op

Youtube have shit quality even at 1080p.

>Ardy
LMAO

who the fuck shortens white to w?
and why would a weeb need to be white?

>graphicfaggotry

Hardly. They actually fired every single Funi translator, they didn't take a single one on. But they did hire some pretty bad ones to pick up the slack this season.

So what?
lmao, you have no argument here

Yes, they wrok for CR now, so they are even more relevant if anything

Retarded localizations may be a cancer, but ESL translations are even worse.

>Those media generally have a better translation quality than otaku stuff
If they leave out honorifics they are low quality and aimed at normalfags
because in japanese media the way honorifics are used indicates the relationships between characters
leaving them out leaves out that info as well

Maybe but Funi management is in control unlike CR. They just decided to brand as CR instead of Funi.

>this thing with a far lesser audience should be used as the basis for the thing with the far greater audience
KnY movie is the highest grossing anime movie of all time (so far greater audience) doesn't even use honorifics, so it just proves what I've said is right

fuck me. why are ELSbros not torrenting them out for fame?
also, is B-global comparable to Muse and Ani-One?

What the fuck are you talking about?

>[DameDesuYo] Okusama ga Seitokaichou!+! - 01 (1280x720 10bit AAC) [12081304] vs [HorribleSubs] Okusama ga Seitokaichou! S2 (Uncensored) - 01
No, they censored out camel toes in the "uncensored" version.

honorifics are cringy and retarded
>noo I cant call you by your first name like every other civilization on this planet
>how about first name-kun
>much better
I honestly cant see a real person going through this charade
even nips cant be this autistic

Attached: 1548617090292.jpg (640x480, 36.52K)

>is B-global comparable to Muse and Ani-One?
The translations are better and the video quality is way better. It actually often has better video quality than Crunchyroll. NanDesuKa will become the go-to weekly ripper once enough anons wise up.

Western.

I've read several Mishima novels and the translator has never used honorifics. Those translators have won translation awards as well. Do you think their translations have less qualities than LN translations just because they don't use honorifics?

I want English subs in the original word order:
이 식당이 싸고 맛잇대요
This restaurant cheap delicious heard that

west-adjacent isn't a word, white-adjacent (unfortunately) is

No, appeals to popularity don't prove your point, faggot
The niche anime in this thread don't have a normalfag audience anyways
The kny movie has inferior translation

>like every other civilization on this planet

So any translations without honorifics are inferior?

Name some examples, ESL-kun.

American hands wrote this post.