ONE PIECE 1047: THE CAPITAL'S SKY

- In the color spread, the Straw Hats are on the beach with dragon Momo.

- We get a flashback in Oden burning castle, when Momo decided to travel to the future.
- Luffy uses "Gomu Gomu no Thunder"
- Kaido confirms Roger wasn't a Devil Fruit user. He also says that "abilities" (of the Devil Fruits) are not necessary to dominate the world.
- Burning Orochi loses the Sea Stone nail and transforms.
- Luffy talks to Momonosuke and asks him to do something to protect Onigashima Island.
- Luffy creates a massive punch (fist) that's bigger than Onigashima's castle to attack Kaido.
- Luffy's titan attack is very big, and it can destroy Onigashima if it's not stopped.

- Break next week for Golden Week in Japan. No Jump next week.

Attached: 0e92920e1cf1ba8770698e21cf5afc88a45cd424r1-930-1300v2_hq.jpg (732x1024, 161.21K)

>oro-
these better be fucking fake

Why'd you use chad antifa member Yasu for the thread pic?

Oh look Orochi is back yet again for some reason
>chapter ends with Luffy attacking Kaido for the trillionth time
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

>kaido has to save onigashima from some freak who's being mind controlled by his devil fruit

Cause Orochi is STILL fucking alive

You know spoilers are real when the story is absolut fucking boring dogshit
Wtf Oda

How can oda keep getting away with being this much of a hack?

CHADIUS MAXIMUS

Attached: God Roger.jpg (1280x720, 95.39K)

>for some reason
You don't understand how Hydras work?

Attached: 142354353456.jpg (630x375, 35.33K)

His powers were blocked

Any df users here? We're gonna kick your ass

Attached: chads.jpg (1400x756, 178.52K)

How would pre-TS Oda handle Wano?
I imagine it would have been great, unlike this mess.

Attached: old piece.jpg (720x903, 58.17K)

My theory is that Toei faggots are the ones requesting for the manga pacing to be slower

Sorry I meant in the narrative sense. As in because Orochi is named after/has the Orochi fruit, he's going to take multiple attempts at killing him and he will mysteriously continue to survive like how a Hydra regains it's head.
This is like the third time he's been put down, he's still got a few narrative nine lives left.

The true GOATs

so what is the intended symbolism of onigashima falling with this new information?
the thought was always that kaido would beatluffy and allow the skull to plummet to the ground, crushing the kozuki castle. momo would then coil up as a dragon preventing its fall in a manner similar to oden carrying the scabbards.
so the skull falling represents kaidjs victory but also provides momo an opportunity to show that he is a worthy shogun. a moment if greatness for him. "wano is not down and out despite everything."

but if luffy is the one causing the skull to fall on the capital, then the meaning is something like "luffys new power threatens to upset the balance of wano but must be neutralized via the strength of its people ie momo." what's another possible interpretation here?

Absolutely and utterly dissapointing spoilers after two weeks, now another two weeks to get the next fucking dissapointing chapter where focus continues being on secondary shit no one gives a fuck about.

It's crazy how much wasted potential wano had and how easily oda wasted it by dragging it for years focusing on side stuff that NO ONE cares.

Better pacing, cleaner panels, more focus on Straw Hats but even non-Straw Hats (Franky) would get a good share without is being an issue for the pacing

Attached: 2.jpg (2133x1594, 800.05K)

He was always gonna die by having his last head cut off. The issue here is that it should have been done by Hyori thematically now it's prolly just gonna be Denjiro swooping in.

Hiyori*

onigashima is the symbol of kaido's authority he was going to physically supplant the symbol of oden's (kozuki castle) with
it's currently a good distance away from the capital so the caslte should be safe. its just a question of making sure the shockwave doesn't devestate the flower capital
also if luffy manages to fully destroy the castle before it hits the ground, (after everyone is evacuated from it) that would be him succeeding at what he failed at in fishman island with Noah, as a clear measure of growth

If Luffy destroys the entire Island, won't everyone on it die?

I'm sure Law can manage one last big room house remix

He's going to grab it so it lands as rubber.

With no survivors

>Sorry I meant in the narrative sense
I accept your concession

There are plenty of versions of hydras that can grow back infinitely from decapitations that it's pretty much the main version of the creature at this point. Which is why burning seemed like an appropriate end to his part of the arc, especially at the hands of his own creation.

> Kaido vs Luffy isn't over yet
> Oroshi is back
> something something Oden
> Yamato pretending to do stuff
> nothing happened : the chapter
> break next week

Wano was a mistake

Attached: 035488.png (376x472, 401.43K)

especially when the hydra is defeated when hercules cauterizes its wounds

It makes absolutely NO sense that Luffy has the sun god fruit, when this fucking fruit exists

Attached: 8BTK0R.gif (320x181, 1.25M)

It's the nigga fruit

sun god as in the ruler of plasma. get ready for more lightning elemental attacks

the island will become the toon world card and everybody in it will be toons.

i swear half this fucking arc just makes it look like the beast pirates are incompetent as fuck

>I meant in the narrative sense
Narratively his powers were sealed and he should be dead. Maybe you meant the thematic sense? Even then he's lives multiple times, and it's a pretty trashy theme anyway considering how his only resemblance to a hydra is the fruit and his ability to keep living which comes from the fruit anyway

>willpower (haki) is stronger than any talent (devil fruit)
Inspiring.

Hyori is a worthless whore
Rebecca did more shit than her.

is the leaker implying that luffy is now the threat and needs to be stopped?

Wait, is Luffy Jesus now? Jeez, you don't follow One Piece for a measly 1000 chapters or so and suddenly you can't keep up.

Always has been.

Like Alabasta and Eines Lobby, there would have been an actual sense of spatial awareness on Onigashima and people’s movements would be somewhat logical.

>Kaido asking Luffy who he is, Luffy answers he's still him
>Kaido goes out of his way to prove that a DF doesn't mean anything special
Is the Oni Dragon Fish Oda's mouthpiece for responding to the Nika/G5 criticism?

>haki only works when i want to!

but Orochi doesn't have a Hydra fruit, speedreader-kun

>implying this hasn't already happened

yeah it also feels like the paneling is done for them also, all the stupid reactions etc. feel like they were requested by toei

I think Oda knew a reveal like that would create confusion so now he's explaining through the story what it actually means.
>Luffy is not possessed, his awakened abilities just overwhelmed him
>No having a mythical Zoan doesn't mean you're the chosen one

That's Yasuie not Luffy, a random side character

Imagine being a pirate and not being able to swim

It would have been a proper Zoro arc probably. Like how pre timeskip all the SHs had their arc except him really.

I know right?

Attached: 1640201202316.gif (640x360, 2.31M)

raw links?

WHY IS OROCHI STILL ALIVE
REEEEEE

historically in the west it was considered bad luck for a seamen to know how to swim, it was seen as tempting fate. especially since in most of the scenarios where you end up overboard, swimming won't do you any good.

Yeah, you just need to be lucky enough to be one of the 1 in 1,000,000 people who are born with the Conqueror's Haki

What is Oda obsession with Orochi? He could have died 50 chapters ago when Kaido killed him and nothing would have changed.

>oden wank
>roger wank
>orochi reviving for the 15341th time
>nothing happens
Another shitty filler chapter.

Each time Orochi returns the anime can spend 40-60 minutes in Orochi-related fiiler