How did Eden's Zero succeeded when Samurai 8 failed?

How did Eden's Zero succeeded when Samurai 8 failed?

Attached: drthtdu.jpg (1048x743, 175.24K)

Coom

Samurai 8 was boring, and it's premise barely made any sense.

Eden Zero didn't have the grim reaper editor.

I don't care how many times you guys say it's good, I'm still not reading it. Wasted enough of my time on Fairy Tail to know better.

Edens Zero didn't needlessly overcomplicate both its art and its story, confusing readers as to what the hell is going on at all. It took for-fucking-ever for Samurai 8 to explain that "samurais" are roboticized humans, not Japanese knights who work for their lord.

>It took for-fucking-ever for Samurai 8 to explain that "samurais" are roboticized humans, not Japanese knights who work for their lord.
I notice Kishi likes to lie about what his characters really are. In Naruto, he calls Naruto and friends "Ninjas", when in reality, they are actually just wizards.

>I'm still not reading it.
You're missing out.

Attached: jzhvac1jb4m71.png (640x960, 376.64K)

No one cares. FT is shounen kino.

More ryona
More ptsd
More mindbreak

Attached: More ryona More ptsd More mindbreak.gif (816x624, 511.47K)

Fuck off

Look at this guys design, it's ass. It fails to capture me so I didn't read it.

Attached: Hachimaru.png (605x897, 598.82K)

Because Mashima just wrote whatever the fuck he wanted and it ended up being enjoyed by more people.

It was so bad that Kishi changed his design not even 20 chapters in.

Attached: 4c1a349c2918e06b347221a878d89cb2.jpg (728x1049, 146.82K)

>Change design
>Still looks shit

Maybe that's what tipped the higher ups that Squid 8 needed to be axed.

I never bothered with Samurai 8, don't even know what it's about. Eden's Zero is like the 2nd or 3rd copy-paste formula, but it's a tried and true formula so I know exactly what I'm getting into and he's delivering on my expectations for the series.

Attached: 1648698087502.gif (320x240, 627.77K)

>Just slap Sarada, Boruto and Denki together and pretend no one notices...

Attached: 1639082980991.gif (500x438, 1.82M)

And the madman actually got away with it. She actually forgave him and died with him willingly. Bonkers. Mashima was taking the piss with this entire subplot.

>In Naruto, he calls Naruto and friends "Ninjas", when in reality, they are actually just wizards.
I hate this meme
The ninjas in Naruto are folklorical ninja

*fecalical

Picked up

I'll never understand wtf happened with Fairy Tail... Like Eden's Zero is good, Rave was good. Why did Fairy Tail suck

FT is better and more successful than both put together.

Still the most popular and it's sequel is still ongoing with an anime on the way, cope

Lol

lel

yeah, and?

Mashima didn't actually care. If rumors are correct, he apparently intended for Fairy Tail to end at around the Phantom Lord arc but it got so popular that he dragged it out until eventually he ran out of steam and shit got worse until the ending. It doesn't help that he admits he wanted Fairy Tail to belighter in tone than Rave Master.

Cringe
>Still the most popular and it's sequel is still ongoing with an anime on the way, cope
>FT is better and more successful than both put together.
Based

Attached: Fairy Tail.webm (1280x720, 730.05K)

Did Fairy Tail get a video game based on it before the anime even premiered? Cause that's what happened with Eden's Zero.

Because he slapped most of it together as he went along. Every major part of the story was little more than some vague idea of what he thought might interest the readers, not anything he was set on doing from the start. This worked out fine for a while, but it also led him to bloat the story until it finally collapsed under its own obvious lack of structure.

Meanwhile, Rave and EZ are more concrete stories. From the beginning, he pretty much figured out every central detail, from the background to the general progression. There were still parts he slapped together on the fly (EZ more than Rave), but it was still made to fit within the framework he laid out.

>FT is better and more successful than both put together.
Agreed, Wendy's got a well put together ASS

Attached: Wendy's.png (1320x702, 1.08M)

Attached: 777cff0128.jpg (1402x2000, 1.38M)

>How did Eden's Zero succeeded when Samurai 8 failed?
Because Mashima actually knows how to properly world build while also creating engaging characters. The man is a master of building up hype and his artwork is always great to look at.

Fairy Tail is and will always be Mashima's magnum opus, his pièce de résistance, his most recognizable and beloved work of art.

Attached: 1625423467223.jpg (1600x1000, 116.82K)

>Fairy Tail is and will always be Mashima's magnum opus
Nah, that's Eden's Zero. He takes what he learned from both FT and RM and made a better story than both within less chapters. Shiki's already way more developed and grown MC in 180+ chapters than either Natsu or Haru in the same amount of time.

That rumor is half-false. Mashima started Phantom Lord EARLY because he couldn't resist writing the ideas he had for it, and that's after he jumped into Gray's backstory early due to reader demand.
That's not the sign of someone intending to end a series at that point.

Not that user, but Fairy Tail ran for 63 volumes, 328 episodes, 9 OVAs, 2 movies, a 10 episode spin off anime and its sequel manga has 11 volumes so far and it's still ongoing with an anime on the way, plus Mashima promotes this series the most on Twitter and does the most art for it to this day, they also got valentine and hallowen stickers for the series last year and the Edens Zero got nothing

Attached: 3205.gif (378x540, 598.1K)

Sex Wendy

>a fucking BOMB
>yet no mention of being made to piss in public
What the FUCK

Another reason for the half-falseness is he never said he planned to actually end the series with a war between two guilds, just that he thought he might do it later than he actually thought.
Pair that with his early estimation that FT would last 10 volumes (Phantom Lord ended at barely 9 volumes), and ignore all the new ideas he was coming up with to guarantee he'd sail past that length before he got there, and you can see how people would think that.

I'm not interested in pissing contests, I'm just responding to that original user who has a chip on their shoulder. As a FT fan I'm spoiled as fuck when it comes to what Mashima has done and is still doing. Fifteen years later and there's still chapters and developments being made to some of my most beloved shounen characters, not to mention an anime in development after already having 300+ episodes. I can't lose.

Attached: 2691362.jpg (1100x1418, 1.92M)

It's almost as if different people have different taste in anime.
Most people who hate FT will obviously like EZ because it fixes all the complaints that they have for FT.
FTfags like their show, so it will always better than EZ for them
I don't know why is this confusing for people.

Attached: 1630693518528.jpg (612x611, 209.75K)

I forgot to add that nostalgia is a major factor too.

>How did Eden's Zero succeeded
It didn't. the anime also basically did nothing to pick it up

Attached: Ezmf0nWWQAopsuG.jpg (1920x1080, 639.66K)

That's sure not stopping them.

Attached: EDENS-ZERO-Season-2-Anime-Announcement.jpg (724x1024, 177.04K)

UNF

I know, it boggles me that the anime got such high ratings (as in the number of people who tuned into their TVs during broadcast) and yet you barely feel the splash.

By having HOT, SEXY FEET!

FT is ecchi galore.

>character age: middle school
>character body: a mother of 3 who does yoga religiously and has breast implants to keep em firm
Because the author knows what the people want.

I am just waiting for Shiki spiral into being the villain.

Attached: 1635353707483.png (408x240, 95.37K)

But that should mean people like rave master the most of all.

I think the early art being compared to one piece weakened it a lot until he straightened his art back into his style.

>But that should mean people like rave master the most of all.
Yeah, I have seen a few RMfags and they definitely like their series the best, but FT is baby first manga/anime for the majority of Mashima fanbase.

It will be something ultra lame like Rebecca gets timewarped into another timeline again and there we see the "shiki but evil" timeline, before she goes back and tells shiki to never become evil because that's bad (she will not offer to suck his dick in exchange because she is a bitch like that).

>she will not offer to suck his dick in exchange because she is a bitch like that
On the contrary. She'll do that and more for free.

Attached: 0176-010.jpg (1066x1600, 313.07K)

That's just fucking shit.
I hope fucking Ziggy or any evil variations doesn't revolve around Rebecca

Attached: 1649570471131.png (165x381, 53.27K)