Yagamis girl

Yagamis girl

Attached: yagamisgirl.jpg (480x360, 22.34K)

Raito smashed her out

Attached: misa.jpg (602x602, 56.38K)

I sure hope this is not a screencap.

What do you mean by that?

YAGAMIS WIFE LOOKED LIKE THAT??!?!???

DAMN wtf

Attached: yagamiswife.jpg (200x300, 30.08K)

Reminder that Light was gay and never even had sex with her. Shit they never even kissed!

They did retard.

>He didn't fuck her even once

>There was never any specified reason why he doesn't love her or why he doesn't feel anything towards any female his whole life

>All the sexual tension with L

>Yagami spelled backward spells "I'm a gay"

It all makes sense now.

Attached: Misa 1645567999485.jpg (500x666, 233.86K)

Yagami in the first arc only cared about being Kira. In the 2nd arc he was living with her

Bump

Misa Misa is garbage.

this show sucked so much lol

All the "Light was GAY XDDD" memes aside, was there any explanation in the manga why Light didn't love her or didn't care about her? I always found it really fucking weird that despite being apparently a normal human being Light always acted like the most asexual emotionless robot obsessed with one thing his whole life, never having any actual human emotions and never feeling anything towards anyone.

When I watched the series for the first time I absolutely hated Light for being such an unapologetic piece of shit and treating Misa the way he did, but now as an adult I just can't bring myself to remotely care about his character at all. He's not an antihero or an evil villain or any actual character with actual traits that I could get behind, hack he's not even a one-dimensional character because that would've still required him to at the very least act like a human being that could actually exist within the world that the story takes place in. He just feels like this surreal, subtract idea that the writer had in his head rather than an actual multi-dimension character that has any actual human traits.

Attached: Misa Amane 1647634419683.png (1999x1503, 3.4M)

He's a psychopathic autist. The worst of both worlds.

Before he got the death note he was extremely popular in school. Even when he did get the DN when he killed Ray Penbar while he was on a date with a girl.

The writer just wanted to focus on the plot more than Yagamis own feelings

You're a faggot incapable of understanding commitment.

Light threw up when he first used the DN

>Before the DN

I want to be a cop and stop evil

>after the DN (when he looses his memories)
I want to be a cop and stop evil

Yagami was NOT a psychopath

That's my biggest problem with Death Note (besides my opinion that the series would've been a million times better if it was a seinen series instead of shounen), is that all the characters barely feel like people with an actual human and emotional depth to them. They are just incredibly shallow plot movers and nothing more.

I know that the author of the manga said that the story could have such a fast pace because it didn't focus on emotional human drama or developing characters into actual people, but because of that logic the story (at least for me) on top of being pretty bare-bones besides the entertainment factor, just feels completely meaningless in terms of stakes because I don't really care about what happens to most of the characters strictly because of how shallow and bearly human they are to begin with. The author's whole explanation just screams to me "We didn't want to scare off the shounen demographic with all that human drama and emotional depth stuff that would've got in a way of the cat and mouse game between Light and L". I also feel that because of that reason the author had no idea what to do with Lisa's character in this kind of story.

IDK maybe I'm in a minority, but I just find this kind of writing and this kind of stories extremely Juvenile and bare-bones. Everything only revolves around the entertainment detective action, the characters don't have any human depth to them or any real depth for that matter, the emotional factor doesn't exist which makes the stakes meaningless, the message and themes about morality are incredibly straightforward and lacking in complexity, and the plot itself just overall lacks any greatly needed subtlety because the target demographic are young Japanese teens who need everything explained to them in the most straightforward way possible.

I don't know. Maybe I've just grown out of shounen series like this.

Attached: Misa Amane 1643901624897.jpg (900x713, 353.18K)

Bump

>seinen
It was though. Death Note is NOT shonen-tier

>Yagami spelled backward spells "I'm a gay"
Well sonofabitch.
It was right in front of us the whole time.

LIGHT WAS GAY XDDD

SEE IT? IM A GAY

XDDD

The author wanted to avoid human drama at all costs other then what happened between L and Light.

>Death Note is NOT shonen-tier

Yes, it is. Shounen is not a genre, it's a demographic. Shounen is any type of manga targeted toward young male Japanese teenagers from the ages of 13 to 18.

Seinen is any type of manga targeted toward adult Japanese men from the ages of 20 to 50

Death Note may be different from other most popular series in shounen jump because of it being a detective story instead of battle shounen, school drama, or romance but it was still written for the same demographic (aka young jap male teens), so it has all the downsides of any other series written for this kind of people and similar tropes.

Attached: Misa Amane 308324282131884-7.png (1127x1079, 2.05M)

So you think DBZ is on the same tier as Death Note? Interesting

Yeah, I know. If you actually bothered to read the posts in this thread you could've seen that I already said that in my post above and I also wrote why in my opinion that's a very bad thing.

*HAHAHAHA

DBZ is no where near Death Note

I think that in terms of writing the story is as Juvenile, just in a completely different way because the genre is different.

Everything is explained in a way too straightforward manner, the story lacks greatly needed subtlety, the message and theme are lacking in complexity, the characters don't have any human depth to them and are just shallow plot movers because the entertainment factor of the story takes a priority over anything else which results in the emotional factor not being there at all which in itself makes almost all the stakes completely meaningless which is kind of a big deal in a story like this centered around high stakes.

When I first watched Death Note I was intrigued by the premise, style, and characters but now I just don't find it interesting anymore because outside of the entertainment factor it doesn't have anything else. It doesn't have human characters with personal conflicts that I could care about, it doesn't have an emotional human aspect that could hook me in more into the story, it doesn't have deeply complex themes about morality that would make me think (everything present in this aspect in the manga and anime is really surface-level stuff), and every attempt that the Author makes in providing this kind of stuff in the series never goes anywhere. Misa and her relationship with Light never evolve into anything interesting and she just does nothing through the story, Light's internal conflict of morality stops being explored after the beginning of the series and never comes back just like his apparent hidden regret of killing L, L's character itself is never explored in any important or interesting way to the story outside of the spin-off novel, etc ect.

Attached: Misa Amane 1628918888033.jpg (674x1100, 116.25K)

Dont think so much

Yagami won...

>Dont think so much

I just wanted to say what I think about the series and Misa's wasted potential because it's "her" thread apparently.

>Yagami won...

Nah... He lost to a 10-year-old boy looking L wanna be. I like to personally think that he and Misa became Shinigamis like the OVA hinted at.

Attached: 200506.png (723x1079, 1.41M)

So... would a small pebble 100 years ago changed things for the better for them?

Attached: alternate-realities.png (1000x1241, 1.13M)

Reminder that fujos anally obliterated Ohba so much that he used his new manga to seethe at the gays

Attached: file.png (622x2396, 1.47M)

>10-year-old boy looking L wanna be.

I hate Near

Jesus fuck Platinium's End may be the biggest clusterfuck series I've ever read in my entire life and that is saying something.

Ths start was pretty strong. The story began with a very interesting premise with a young boy wanting to kill himself and wanting to make other people happy which is an interesting concept for a "reverse Light" kind of protagonist. The first chapters had this dark tone to it with Mirai having to face the consequences of killing his aunt and with every God candidate being kind of twisted human being in their own way. It really felt like a mix of dark supernatural story and human drama even if the writing seemed a little too juvenile just like in DT. But then with every chapter, the plot started transforming itself more and more into complete generic garbage, Mirai becoming your average autistic moralfag protag who stopped witnessing even remotely dark events or being responsible for them, the series introduced the most forced romantic subplot with the most generically boring and standard shounen heroine to date that none gives a flying fuck about (if Miarai fallen in love with Nasse then that at least would've been way more original and infinitely more interesting story-wise), all the interesting characters introduced into the story were immediately killed off for no reason like with Nanato's case because shounen readers cannot identify with an adult character that's over 20 years old, and with time the story stopped being about its interesting premise, dark tone, and relatively down to earth setting and started becoming more and more about generic action shounen fights between people dressed in weird Gundam/Super Sentai suits.

This series proved to me that Tsugumi Ohba completely lost it and that his best glory days as a writer are long gone.

Attached: Platina.png (898x1230, 1.59M)

Was there like a huge goth/emo fetish in Japan back when DN was written or something? Or is Misa's design just a random quirk from the author?

Gothic lolita fashion was a really big trend in Tokyo from the mid-2000s to the early 2010s

Attached: 1578940298411.jpg (800x942, 571.13K)

or rather from the early 2000s to the early 2010s

Attached: 1578274779921.jpg (700x934, 436.34K)

I remember seeing goths (american) in the 2000s

Meaning. Light Yagami was living with her. She definitely coaxed Yagami into sex

Based

In direct response, imagine a world where people die of heart attacks

There must be an evil protagonist with some sort of magic mechanism, time to investigate

Point being the entire plot was surreal in and of itself, arguably every character existing purely to fill their predetermined role. In that sense Light did -fine-

Yagami 100% smashed, he just didn't emotionally invest himself in her considering she's actually retarded.

He lived with her for 6 years user.

I feel exactly like you. So much wasted potential because it was a Shonen

That's mean. Misa is not retarded, she's just not very intelligent because every character in the series has a below-average intelligence just to make Light, L, and Near look like geniuses.

Attached: Misa Amane 1608729007254.jpg (427x423, 23.38K)

That's my problem with the series and why I don't find it interesting anymore. Besides the cat and mouse mind games between Light and L, the series has literally nothing to offer and is just a big waste of potential because of it being a shounen instead of seinen.

Misa a cute

Attached: Misa Amane 308324282131884-4.png (1000x743, 1.14M)

>the entertainment factor of the story takes a priority
Yes, Death Note is great.

Takada was better anyway

This is when the show started going to shit

2nd arc sucks we all agree with that but atleast the author gave Yagami a good wife

Yup,I hate when fags want every story to have melodramatic shit in it.
Death Note was a breath of fresh air back then 'cause it didn't deal with that bullshit.

people like to follow fujos cope saying that 2nd part was shit but actually DN got worse way before. After Light lost his memories the mind wars appeal of the series is almost over, the new kira is retarded and all these chapters are mainly intended to build the relation between Light and L. After keikaku doori everything goes so smooth for Light that we dont even have an answer from L, he just dies. Things get better again (at least in the manga) when Mello appears and makes Light seethe but after Soichiro dies Ohba never knew how to use both Mello and Near simultanesouly and just focused in Near.

Light discarding the memories and regaining it was suave asf

So is it Raito's or Yagami's?

he wasn't gay, he was just on perpetual post nut clarity mode due to his gigabrain

>was there any explanation in the manga why Light didn't love her or didn't care about her
when he first meets her he calms himself saying he can't fall in love with her

he also says much later on that women are too dumb for him

>never having any actual human emotions
the happiest he has ever been was playing that football match in episode 1 or something

So does he come perpetually?

Feelings of narcissism, ego and a strong sense of self importance are human emotions that people experience. These feelings are most prominent in gambling addicts and that's fitting because Light is pretty much a gambling addict even going so far as to reveal himself to his enemies just before they're death because it excites him.