Attached: 07.png (1672x2400, 1.23M)

Attached: 08.png (1672x2400, 1.44M)

Attached: 09.png (1672x2400, 2.08M)

Attached: 10.png (1672x2400, 1.6M)

Attached: 11.png (1672x2400, 2.18M)

Attached: 12.png (1672x2400, 1.76M)

Attached: 13.png (1672x2400, 1.37M)

>page 7 already
damn are people not interested in this series anymore?

Attached: 14.png (1672x2400, 1.59M)

lost a lot of momentum post tournament

Attached: 15.png (1672x2400, 1.13M)

Attached: 16.png (1672x2400, 2.12M)

Attached: 17.png (1672x2400, 1.5M)

End.

Attached: 18.png (1672x2500, 1.61M)

>lost a lot of momentum post tournament
Makes sense, ty for dumping

I'm tired of eldorado arc.

This is not a particularly interesting arc and it keeps dragging. Long flashbacks with characters we've never heard of until just now are boring.

Spicy

I get that he is dead inside, but it feels so weirdly rare to see anyone make reactions, outside of musclehead that is.

There's not much to talk about. While I find it interesting how the demon is pursuing to understand emotions, it's not like I can say much about it that isn't common sense.

Good, too manyshitposters thought this was a battle shounen.

To thebguys asking is no one cares, personally I'm still following it, but I just don't have a desire to discuss it much, although I do find it interesting to read still.

at this point, it might be another three to four chapters until this flashback ends

Isn't it running in a Shounen magazine?

weekly shonen sunday, this manga is a shonen manga

You know they're bad people because they all smoke.

Sein smokes and he wasn't that bad.

He did not appreciate a mature beauty like Frieren, hence bad.

Attached: 1632088093138.jpg (1024x1024, 303.1K)

Look at this nigga just chucking someone out the window

>corrupt city of nobles gets petrified into a big empty nest of gold
palpatine_ironic.mp4

feels like it

No big reveals in the chapter and people try not to post too much during the dump so that it's easier to read for people

"Battle shonen" may as well be a genre unto itself, beyond just being in the shonen demographic.

Why is "deadpan" literally the ONLY expression every single character in this manga is capable of making?

I like it. Sure it feels off when most manga gets very expressive over every frame drawn but every expression in Frieren gets amplified more since they're rare. Like seeing someone who's only default expression is smiling like an idiot over several chapters only to frown when shit gets real.

Attached: 392146d1-45f9-4fc8-b33c-a866ede4cac2.png (1115x1600, 768.28K)

Frieren kind of reminds me of the earlier parts of Nier Automata, lots of sort of philosophical musings on the nature of humanity and wondering what it would be like to have normal emotions. The only real difference is that in Nier they were robots and in Frieren they're autistic.

I read this every week but just lurk the threads. No point in really discussing anything right now since not much of anything is happening. Autistic demon is autistic, we've known that since demons were introduced. Macht's uniqueness in wanting to learn human emotions has grown old now and isn't really noteworthy at this point. But the manga is still enjoyable enough for me. Just nothing to discuss.

I like this arc. I hope the payoff for all of the flashback is worth it though.

Attached: 1650240601946.png (714x819, 506.37K)

The guy's gravely wounded, his soldiers slaughtered around him, and he just looks bored even before the demon starts talking. The stiff dialogue doesn't help either, but I can't tell if that's the translator's fault. There's a lot of redundant or long-winded phrasing. It's not just the faces, almost every character talks like a weary academic given up on life. I get that the noble's practically dead inside from his experiences, but even then the way he talks is too detached from his situation. It's really fitting for the more inhuman characters, but they need sharper contrast to the human perspective.

Nobles are inhuman. Maybe that's why he got along with Macht

I dong understand, how are they going to win against Macht?

You know, considering how we've been shown Macht randomly slaughtering the whole villages, it's baffling how utterly unprepared everyone is against demons. It's like they consider it an unavoidable force of nature that just happens sometimes to people - oh well, shit sucks, time to die I guess etc.
Another issue I have with it is this is supposed to be a rather desolate land, a village perishing should be a big deal if there's not many of them around. Does it mean Macht fucks one up and then goes to chill for 10 or 20 years? Because who the hell would like to settle in an area where an incredibly powerful monster wanders about. Even if these were some kind of a penal colony, people would still try to do something to protect themselves.

So when is priest guy gonna return? We just got confirmation in the last arc that she's waiting for him to come back which implies he will.

I suspect that he's gonna start feeling human emotions of some kinda which will give them an edge as he's unused to them or something.

sometimes it feels like stark is the only one capable of emotion

its a slow burn manga, not gonna get the kind of traffic a battle shounen shit does, I still monitor these threads, keep doing the lords work user

Wouldn't that just go against the point they've been hammering home again and again though? That demons are literally inhuman, and only externally look similar for the sake of lowering peoples guards?

Feels like the fact that they really can feel emotion if they just try hard enough would be pretty disappointing story wise after all this.

Mostly I'd agree, except this one does seem different from the others in that he seems disturbed that he doesn't feel these things humans feel.

He's still a monster that likely needs to die because he'll continue to cause suffering and death while trying to learn, but he is genuinely trying to learn it seems. I think he was being serious when he said he'd like if humans and demons could live in piece, its just he and demons in general are too alien to the rest of the spoken races that coexistence likely isn't possible.

Seems less disturbed but moreso just bored enough that he's curious about it. He's probably enough of an anomaly already since he doesn't really care about or like fighting/killing people, but even at this point he's unable to even grasp the concept of most emotion.

Again, I dunno, I just think it'd be kind of weak writing if demons were indeed revealed to be able to feel emotion. It'd be like if a bear just suddenly learned how to talk, its completely just not in their nature or capability to do such a thing, and that's what was interesting about them interacting with people who still saw them as humanoid mentally.

>The guy's gravely wounded, his soldiers slaughtered around him
>given up on life
Yeah, duh. Did you expect someone in the above situation to be cheerful? It makes sense in context.

Who said he should be cheerful? Scared/angry/even just a smidge belligerent or uneasy in the face of death at the hands of a fucking demon would be more likely and believable, rather than just being completely deadpan.

Different characters react in different ways. It's a moot point. I'm sure you'd find an angry guy in the previous chapter, I'm not caring to look though.

I like how March is finding amusing to serve a human out of all things.
Since he allowed to the bracelet that didn't allow he act with malice how come el Dorado happened? Perhaps he was testing himself?

Attached: 1649787197636.png (834x733, 418.64K)

I'm still trying to wrap my head around the point the author is trying to make with demons being like automatons, evolved to efficiently kill humans. If they're just following an elaborate internal "how to eradicate humans effectively" guide, why even have a character like Macht? Are his higher thoughts even real, or is this still mimicry? Is he just uttering sounds in order for humans to response favorably, without grasping the meaning of them? Are other demons evolved differently, to "efficiently kill dwarves" or "efficiently kill birds"? If they just evolved to that end, why not have skin that resembles human clothing, etc.? Why can elves understand emotion, but not demons? Are demons just escaped lab experiments, or efficient insects? I have no idea where the author wants to go with this.

English, nigger.

Damn, Macht sure gets a lot of setup for someone who's going to get killed and never heard of again after this arc ends.