Jujutsu Kaisen

Is yuji a good protagonist?

Attached: jjktcb_165_018.png (895x1300, 177.08K)

Other urls found in this thread:

lithub.com/what-lord-of-the-flies-got-wrong-the-kids-are-actually-alright/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

does he have to be?

no he has no character

he is in process, let's judge when the manga ends

COGji is still spinning. Let him do that first.

he's a side character in his own manga

gege wrote him as the not!naruto and tried to make him likeable and instead just made him boring as fuck. I prefer the manga when anyone else is the focus

>Not!Naruto
Yuji wanted to be the Jujutsu principal?

Jujutsu principal is a pretty cool dude, I can't blame him

Attached: yaga.jpg (1920x1080, 223.21K)

I miss Nobara

Where did Naruto come from? Seems more like Ichigo to me, I'm pretty sure Gege even cited Bleach as an inspiration

As far as modern protagonists go (both in and out of jump) I'd say he's good

He's just ok, nothing bad about him. But nothing really original either.

He's effective and fills his role well.

He's a normal highschooler who punch fights in a sea of fujo bait characters with HxH nen powers. His simplicity makes him a good audience surrogate and his presence grounds the setting more than someone like Yuta who's full of weird technical abilities. I like him and Fushigoro and even Maki more than Itadori but none of them could be the lead character for more than a few chapters without getting tiresome.

And Sakuna always generates hype when he shows up.

this
Tanjiro is the same "nice guy" archetype, but Tanjiro has more going for him than his kind personality. He's also more badass than Yuji.

Yuji feels more of a victim than an actual character.
The only defining moment he's had was the rematch he had with Mahito during the Shibuya Incident Arc.
"I was born to destroy curses", or something along those lines.

basically what Yuji is far from developed, I felt the same way about Fushigoro until recently

>Fushigoro
>Sakuna
I hate you so much

I think Megumi is way better than Yuji right now

I'm doped up on painkillers right now, sorry for the typos.

>now

He doesn't cry over spilt milk, he goes through mentally traumatising events, cries and then picks himself up to move onwards

TLDR: yes

Attached: FC970THacAAIpSl.jpg (1508x2048, 635.33K)

Oh right, I forgot the part when Naruto murdered an entire city district when his demon took over.

It's a joke, because the only thing Naruto and Itadori have in common is that there's a malicious old being inside their bodies.
Beyond that even their demons are different, because Sukuna is a bored troll that wants to kill and fight for fun, while Kurama was overhyped and turned out to be Madara's glorified pet dog with a chakra buff.

I see user, it's just that people are so tardy these days you genuinely can mistake a post like that as genuine

>while Kurama was overhyped and turned out to be Madara's glorified pet dog with a chakra buff.
Seriously though, Kurama straight up getting mogged by a new creature that just has one more tail than it is just sad. Also getting mogged by someone with special eyes was also pretty sad. Then he just dies.

If you anons had to compare jjk to some classical Yea Forums what would it be though?

I think one of the reasons why I love Geto and premature death so much as it's essentially somewhat a manga equivalent of heart of darkness.

Attached: 57aec32130af66275467684f5fad1883.jpg (736x736, 49.43K)

is the movie out on the web yet?

Yeah I like him. People complain he's boring, but I don't think he is, he's just a kid that's more grounded then most but still struggling with his situations because his problems are tough.
I'd say while there's obvious favoritism with Gege for Yuta, I don't think JJK would have been as interesting with him as a lead. Yuji has reasonable hopes and biases as a teenager with limits and flaws as a sorcerer that adds to his hero's journey. Yuta may be fun for an individual battle, but ultimately isn't as interesting in terms of being a character with a problem to solve in the story.

>The belief in a supernatural source of evil is not necessary; men alone are quite capable of every wickedness: Joseph Conrad

I wonder if Gege read it,

Attached: 53d4d8480bc83c73f62f2360afb34d87.jpg (736x920, 73.25K)

If we're talking just Yuji, then (J)Jekyll and Hyde would be obvious, and quite so, considering how Sukuna is pretty much just Hyde, a hedonistic degenerate. Though for Geto, Paradise Lost would be quite something too. An angel who seethes at humans betrays his group along with other angels and then he gets struck down for it. As for the overall story, can't think of any.
Only Camrips from what I've seen.

I'll have to add paradise lost to my reading list, thanks user

Hes feels like the cog in the machine he claims to be, so currently he is just okay. I dislike that he chose to be noble and shoulder all the blame, it makes him out to be a martyr/victim. I guess quietly taking the blame is a respectable thing in Japan, but its boring if a little sad. Yuji would be more interesting if he openly rejected it. I really how he accepted himself as a curse killer, though. the depiction of him being the wolf hunting his prey was neat.

Imagine if Higuruma quoted Spec ops the line in fighting Yuji

>Do you feel like a hero yet?

All the fights have been good and all but JJK needs to go back to the phsycological stuff

Attached: FISUqCoWYAEahdQ.jpg (2048x1106, 316.28K)

>it makes him out to be a martyr/victim
Thing is, he's not really wrong though. All that stuff wouldn't have happened if he didn't eat Sukuna's finger. Though it's really up in the air what would have happened if he didn't eat it, no one can really tell if it would have been better or worse.
I think Yuji would just shrug it off, he did make up his mind that he's just going to save people because that's what he does. No reason, no logic, just save people.

He will need to have his Geto moment though, the realisation that he can't save everyone / that some simply cannot or do not want saving & that he may end up saving horrible people

Or I guess did Junpei surve that purpose?

Attached: E01ii5uWUAIUNyh.jpg (1228x868, 82.22K)

I can't wait til we get a drastic mood change from chapter to chapter though

We'll go from Hakari beating the fuck out of a Frenchy to Kenjaku's backstory about how his vision of expanding jujutsu sourcery came about from his technique giving him a second chance at life after an unfortunate death or something

Attached: a186cc82919c12ac51fd86c9760f011c.jpg (736x749, 77.91K)

All that text and he still remains a boring MC..

>Nor tryna
Niggastream lives on

Yuji's trying to be hip, let him have it

the archetype doesn't matter though, it's what the character does that defines him
for example, tanjiro and deku are pretty similar if you only consider their archetypes (selfless nice guys) but tanjiro is a great MC and one of the best parts of kimetsu while deku is absolutely insufferable and drags his own series down

Attached: 1611357751301.png (894x2048, 1.48M)

It's funny how the whole "le sad backstory" meme developed for KnY eventhough Tanjiro puts down demons nonetheless

For MHA you'll genuinely have villains make a fair point about the disfunctional nature of hero society / how they've been completely ostracised from society for something they can't control and the response is always

>Uhhh, you can't do that. Cuz that's what villains do!

Yea. He's good. He's got all the trademarks of a good shounen protag. Kind, strong, confident, humble, self-sacrificing etc.
The way he willingly chose suicide to save just Megumi was great. It wasn't glorious, it was just quite. I guess, this isn't technically Yuji's trait but rather the way it was presented, but still.

I didn't want to spam reply and I didn't have anything significant to add to your individual posts but, well said everybody

Attached: 01357946518161.png (579x469, 201.73K)

I don't really read enough classical Yea Forums but I do get lord of the flies vibes from the culling game, with the caveat that it's one that actually makes sense for why it attracts the nutty type.
Golding's proposition that any group of people, including children trapped, on an island would eventually devolve into barbarism and structural collapse has been proven wrong before IRL.
lithub.com/what-lord-of-the-flies-got-wrong-the-kids-are-actually-alright/

But culling game reminds me of it because while there's rules to winning the game- killing entities for points- there isn't particular rules on how to do it, or against those within creating an alternative. Which we've already seen the characters have.

tldr: culling game in a loose sense is Lord of the Flies done right imo. The crazies are actually crazy, the semi sane do look for alternatives b/c most participants are Sukunas

Attached: IRL_LordOftheFlies.png (1011x838, 160.54K)

*aren't sukuna

>but Tanjiro has more going for him than his kind personality.
???

>Is X a good character?
The only people who still make these threads are jaded Yea Forumsmblr trannies still upset that shounen steamrolls their propaganda books

It literally doesn't matter if you're well written if you can draw money

Attached: 1597267338295.jpg (400x309, 24.03K)

With the CG it's fun to see how less and less prominent curses became throughout the show, as you said the devotion into barbarism as the pretext of its people versus curses fades away

Attached: EpHeBGrUUAABUTd.jpg (1000x750, 99.62K)

I feel like CG is blurring the lines on what's curse and what's human, because a lot of the characters still come off human and more like sorcerers then curses.
Like the only one so far that comes off as mostly curse is Roach guy. But they're in the minority of the the new characters introduced. Main reason I have interest in it CG after shibuya is that Gege is obviously using it to flesh out how sorcerers came to be themselves as a group. That background work is interesting, it gives me more hope on getting more info on
1. how Sukuna came to be, and essentially what did the sorcerers in the past do to deal with him, how did he exit
2. How and why did Kenjaku decide to create a new cursed game
Understanding these two things are key to how the rest of the conflict will go. Whether something different can be done about Sukuna this time, and whether Kenjaku is in the right or Yuki is about the future for sorcerers.

Gege has always set up stuff very well in advance. Hell the mention of Shibuya and trapping Gojo in the prison realm was in one of the first 20 chapters
With the CG I have a feeling that Sukuna's enchain vow with Itadori will definitely come into play.

The fact that every character has their own seperate and clashing agendas always makes each week interesting

Attached: Eyg3OIOVcAETTid.jpg (1200x717, 97.39K)

GODKUNA when?

Attached: 1650406228935.jpg (900x1273, 326.39K)

You've just seen a glimpse of him. He's plotting and scheming in the background

As much as I wanna meme that Sukunny is pure unga bunga, he won't use his pact with Yuji until the moment is right. He's been planning something and we'll see it eventually

Attached: EzlATeJVoAMH4id.jpg (1027x733, 121.7K)

Dude.........

That is SO deep man... he like.... killed them without control of his body and its all deep cuz like.... he has to live with that forever....
Woah...

yeah actually he does, apparently you're so shonened up that you don't give a fuck about anything. get out somm mure.

haven't read JJK in a while and only ever read the cliffsnotes of Heart of Darkness, but I don't remember premature death being a thing? Are you talking about Kurtz's final moments where he was retrieved and well on his way to be sent back to the company only to croak and die while uttering "the horror, the horror."

On that topic, I like HoD for completely another reason. Kurtz' friends' testimonies paint an entirely different picture of Kurtz then the barbarian that Kurtz had turned into after arriving and staying at the island where there was no law and order. His transformation makes it very poignant that humans' moral system owes a great deal to consequences. In the absence of consequences, human beings can get as deprave as deprave gets.

>The virgin it was my fault, I deserve death
>The Chad,I would do it again, I cant make everybody happy.
No he is not

Attached: CHAD.png (731x567, 351.29K)

On a surface level it is just better that Sukuna gets to be more evil. The 9 Tailed Fox is a big bad monster but his he's really just a sweet old fox and he always had been too.

? Yuji doesn't want to die

Brah

Oh sorry, I meant premature death as in volume 9 of JJK. The one that delves into Geto's backstory

Whilst in a literal sense heart of darkness is about the horrors of colonialism, I think it links well to Suguru in its overall more abstract / grand statement about human nature.

>The mind of man is capable of anything

The notion that given a right set of circumstances, we are all capable of the up most cruelty and depravity

Attached: EzojV3OVoAE1y1S.png (1050x700, 127.76K)

Uhhh retard? He wanted to die after the killings then immediately said "I need to go help people to redeem myself" did you not pay attention?

+ The overall pointless nature of human morality, as anything can be excused / justified if given enough mental gymastics

Sweat glasses is a CHAD but the situations are different.

he was bland as shit until the culling games, I likes his psycho side, hope he goes full edge

Nah. He’s a blank slate with no personality. Luffy and Nardo for example had way more developed characters such that you could even imitate them or make up fake scenarios around them. You can’t do the same with Yuji because he’s almost completely undefined
Plenty of manga with better manga have ended in less chapters than JJK is at now

a better MC*