One Piece

Spoilers.... never....

Attached: luffy sida.png (1250x710, 449.22K)

tiny amount of fightan
shitload of aka scabards pagetime

mark my words

Destroy fishmen

Attached: shanks_.jpg (1024x577, 77.13K)

I bet his daughter is sucking fish cock right now just to spite her deadbeat dad.

>robin, nami
meh
>yamato, ulti lewds
NOW WE'RE FUCKING TALKING

Attached: fuck.jpg (480x480, 88.47K)

YamaTamaNakama
otama(y)amato
Matokama Na Tama

Attached: 1642825649336.jpg (1500x1589, 470.9K)

So I guess this is it then bros.. One Piece is cancelled...

Yamajoining

Attached: B432814B-5308-4008-815E-A8C3136A3CF1.jpg (2048x2048, 1.08M)

Attached: tumblr_n2jx78bq2A1tuzodbo1_500.gif (500x281, 985.39K)

What is a Nakama?

Here is a little summary of what you can find on the One Piece wiki concerning the word "Nakama":

"Nakama" is a common Japanese word, loosely defined as "people who are close to each others and who do something together". In One Piece it is often used to denote a crewmate or an ally.

Into the scope of the storytelling in One Piece, the usage corresponds to the definition in the Iwanami Japanese Language Dictionary: "People with united hearth, who do something together, and who have maintained this relationship for a relatively long time."..

Sometimes, the relationship is not so much positive. For example, captain Kuro is known to kill his own "Nakama".

But if we take the story through the scope of the strawhat crew, this words gets a lot more meanings: Luffy makes a distinction between his friends, and his Nakama. In the strawhats, a Nakama is something as important as family, They share unbreakable bonds and are forever part of the crew.

But that said, a Nakama is not necessarily a crewmate. The obvious example is Vivi who stayed back at Alabasta but is still considered a Nakama by the strawhats.
For practical purpose, I will use the word Nakama as a crewmate. In other words, as someone who act has an active part on the Sunny.
Is the crew complete?

In One Piece, each strawhats are numbered from 1 to probably 10. We can see that in the title of a few chapters, starting from chapter 6 until chapter 489:

- Zoro: 一人目"/ Hitori Me / The first - Chap 6

- Nami: 二人目 / Futari-Me / The Second - Chap 94

- Usopp: 3人目と7人目 / Sanninme to Nananinme / The third and the seventh - Chap 439
- Sanji: 4人目 / Yo-ni Me / The fourth - Chap 68

- Chopper: ?
- Robin: ?

- Franky: 3人目と7人目 / Sanninme to Nananinme / The third and the seventh - Chap 439
- Brook: 8人目 / Hachininme / The Eighth - Chap 489

- Jinbe: ?

This implies that Oda is starting the "Nakama count" at Zoro not Luffy.

Now in One Piece chapter 1, Luffy says this:
Until recently, the doubt was permitted. Did Luffy was including himself? Or not?

Then a few month ago, the One Piece magazine n°10 revealed that Luffy was in fact, NOT including himself.
Because of those informations, we know that the crew is most likely not complete yet, so we can assume there is place for at least one more member, one more "nakama".
Now the question is... who?

A worthy candidate

Before analysing the real potential of a candidate to join the crew, we must check for that potential is every characters in the story and understand the following:

They are seven rules that a character must ABSOLUTELY fulfill just to be considered a worthy candidate for a recruitment at the present state of the story. A character must:

1. Be alive

2. Be relevant to the story

3. Be unique and have a unique ability

4. Be free from faction duty or independant

5. Be a friend or a false adversary

6. Looking and acting toward adventure

7. Have a moral Pillar

Now, I will take a closer look to those rules and begin to sort characters.
1. A character must be alive

The future recruit needs to be alive. Does this mean that "ghost" characters like Brook can't join? No, it means that the character must be able to interact with the world of living.

Therefore, characters like Ace or Pedro can't join the crew. Why ? Because they are dead..

Yohohoho!
2. The character must be relevant to the story

Like stated in the introduction, I will only focus on character present in the story at this very moment. This means that the future recruit must:

Have already been presented in the story

Have had some emotional relevancy to the story

Have had a good amount of paneltime/dialogue

Have had at least one interaction with one member of the crew

just to remind you that roger allied with the marines to defeat rocks and shiki in order to defend the current status quo and shanks is doing the same and will do the same.
There is some bigger secret than just "muh WG and marines bad"

This means that character like the Snow queen or mr Snowman are not good candidate to join the crew
Those characters were presented early and had at least one interaction with one member of the crew, sadly they had no emotionnal relevancy with the story nor a good amount of panel time. (Plus they are made of snow, so it doesn't help)
3. The character must be unique and have an unique ability

Every strawhat is unique in order to make each character highly memorable. As such, all of them have their own thing. Zoro can fight with three swords, Franky is a cyborg, Chopper is a reindeer with transformations etc.

The ability or design trait can be passive but it must be something that make the character unique when compared to the rest of the crew, something very memorable.
This is why character like Hiyori or Mihawk are not good candidate to join the crew. Hiyori is a simple human with no devil fruit or ability, beside her design, Hiyori is just an average protagonist when compared to the crew the same can also be said for Mihawk. Yes the man has a unique design, but that's just it. His fighting skills are nothing unique. Mihawk is very close to what Zoro is. We already have a swordsman, for Mihawk to be considered unique he should be bringing some unique ability like the soul soul fruit of Brook or the three sword style of Zoro.
4. The character must be free from faction duty and/or independant
A new recruit on the Sunny will become part of the strawhats, implying that they must first be free of responsibilities. In other words they must:

Be free

Or

Without a faction

Or

Have expressed the need to reevaluate their current position

Or

Have already left their current faction

Of course the strawhat grand fleet is already part of the strawhat family so there is no reason to think one of its member could become a strawhat.

Characters like Kinemon, Law, Bonney, Perona or Shiraoshi are not good candidate to join the crew.

Law and Bonney are both captain, both might be acting a lot by themself but there are no evidences supporting the possibility that they could leave their respective crew. Perona on the other hand is tied to Moria's whereabout but we could also say that she will follow Mihawk during his journey. Shiraoshi is tied to her Kingdom, she remains a princess.
5. The character must be a friend or a false adversary

The crew is the representation of a family, or at least, this is Luffy's one. Because of that, each strawhats are and need to be relatable. Luffy can't accept someone he can't trust or can't forgive. That's why the future recruit must be at least a false adversary on the verge of betraying the ennemy and must have never done something unforgivable.
That is also why characters like Ceasar or Enel are definitely not good candidate to join the crew. Here are some argument people tends to make to defend the chances of those two:

"Oda said that an ennemy will probably join the crew". At jump festa 2009, Oda supposedly made this statement : "They will make a former boss a comrade and head to the new world". Well, the story was heading toward Impel Down at the time so it safe to say that Oda was most likely talking about Jinbe.

"Redemption can always happen" Hm, yes it can. But there are rules to make a good redemption arc arc work in a story:

A. The importance of the redemption must be relative to the narrative gravity of the sins. For example, in Dragon ball Z, death is just a path that can be cross with the help of the Dragon Ball. That's why it's okay if Vegeta or Picollo were maniac people in the past. Their deeds can be undone and so, can be at least in the story forgiven. The same can not be said for One Piece, where death carries a lot of weight. So murdering psychopath can't have the same redemption arc.

But there is another parameter that can be juxtaposed to death: Suffering. In some cases, suffering can be seen as something even more serious than death. Suffering makes people cry, suffering - in One Piece - can be traumatizing. That is why a character who willingly made a lot of people suffer can't have a complete redemption arc

B. There is another rule in storytelling, for a redemption arc to happen, it must have been shadowed first! That is why people like Franky and Robin weren't portrayed as complete antagonist. For a good redemption arc to happen, we needed to have at least doubts about them.

The third argument often come with the mention of Crocodile. People tends to think that because Crocodile allowed himself to follow Luffy for a while, an antagonist could follow Luffy on the Sunny. but there is a catch to this argument, it doesn't take into consideration the fact that the arrangement between the two protagonist was nothing but alliance, never friendship and it ignores the most important thing : Luffy never trusted Crocodile. Why should he ? The man made Vivi and his friends suffer.

So, after all that, there is but one conclusion : Ceasar and Enel will never be forgiven by Luffy. After all, both made his friends and allies suffer to an unforgivable point. And all of this without the fact that adding to the crew a genocidal maniac and slave owner or a guy who abused children by giving them drugs.. would be an horrible stand from Oda as a writter.
6. The character must be looking and acting towards adventure
To help Luffy, the strawhats must be character that look at the future, adventure and act toward their goal. Someone without a strong desire to go on an adventure can't become a strawhat. That's why character like Katakuri, Pudding, Smoker or Bon Chan are not good candidate to join the crew.

Attached: 48c7160dc4dcc8bcf884d7cf96e00f60.jpg (236x271, 15.18K)

Katakuri is a master at future sight, but like Pudding, Bon Chan or Smoker, he is still looking at his present and his current situation. Even if those characters have expressed doubts about their environment they have shown no sign of will to leave yet. Their desire is to improve their environment from the inside, not leave it.

7. The character must have a moral Pillar.

This is where the theme of the inherited will comes into action. This is one of the most important criteria. The message of One Piece is not only that you can push yourself forward but also that you can push forward because people push your back first and helped you make the first steps.
Therefore, each recruit must have someone, a moral pillar, dead or alive, that they can rely on when they are in difficulty. It can be a parent or a mentor but there must be someone important enough in their mind to help them keep pushing forward and make them accomplish their goal.

For that reason Caribou is not a good candidate to join the crew. Caribou has a brother, but there is no evidences in the story that Coribou is seen by his brother as a moral pillar.
Let's conclude

They are seven rules that a character must ABSOLUTELY fulfill just to be considered a worthy candidate for a recruitment at the present state of the story. A character must:

Be alive

Be relevant to the story

Be unique and have a unique ability

Be free from faction duty or independant

Be a friend or a false adversary

Looking and acting toward adventure

Have a moral Pillar

Among all the One Piece characters, those are the only one who check all the boxes

Momo Marco Yamato Carrot Tama

1. All of those characters are alive

2. All of those character have had at one point an impact on the emotionnal state of the story

3. All of those characters are unique in some way and have a unique special ability:

Marco can transform into a giant blue swan

Momo can transform into a giant fish

He is hot

Attached: c5382ee7c373275827e938c6eee4e152.jpg (464x562, 43.46K)

Jewelry Bonney. That's it yeah.

Attached: AB734543-CC34-4A42-BD55-CBF08BFF55AA.png (590x703, 262.44K)

Tama can make Dango that transforms smile users into slaves

Yamato can transform into Okami

Carrot can transform into a super sayan 3 and float in base form

4. All of them are facing toward the future and adventure

Marco accepted to help Luffy, this choice puts him directly into the path of adventure

Momo is the future shogun, he has all power to choose his own path, there are reasons to believe that he could choose to postpone his regency to sail with Luffy like his father before him

The dream of Tama is putting her toward the path of adventure

Yamato is dreaming about an adventure

Carrot choice to sail with Luffy puts her on the path for adventure

5. All of them are free to choose their path or have expressed the need to depart from their faction

6. All of them are friends and/or ally

7. All those characters have a moral pillar

Marco has Ace and Whitebeard

Momo has his parents and Luffy

Tama has Ace

Yamato has Ace and Oden

Carrot has Pedro

Every character beside Marco, Momo, Tama, Yamato and Carrot are not good candidate to join the crew.

Now, the question is, who are the very best candidates and why ?

Click HERE to go to the previous part of the theory

Click HERE to go to the next part of the theory

WHERE ARE THE SPOILERS

Attached: tenor.png (640x480, 278.44K)

Remember that when you reread this arc in a few years, there won't be a character fandom more autistic or spiteful than Carrotfags.

Can the spoilers hurry up before the autism spreads further

nice spam, nigger

Nami is pretty much the heart of the crew
Without her the series would be soulless and would have gotten axed by Alabsta

Attached: arlong park.gif (500x268, 1.16M)

Ten construction pillars

Now we have five characters, we are leaving the territory of simple candidacy to enter the realm of real Nakama potential. Our goal here, will be to class the following characters by order of potentiality and setup a winner.
By analysing the story, we can see that they are 10 big parameters of construction with different range of importance that all the strawhats are sharing.

For each parameters, I will distribute a few points relatively to their importance.

Here are the 10 pillars of construction for a strawhat:

The quirk. 1 point because it's quite common in One Piece.

The fighting skill 2 Points, event tho it's also quite common.

The antagonistic introduction. 2 Points because it impact the narration interestingly.

The multi layered characterization. 3 Points, Interesting but quite common.

The symbolic reach. 4 Points because it impacts the storytelling in an interesting way.

The Strong character arc. 4 Points because strong character arc are in fact quite rare.

The hint of a recrutment. 4 Points. I'll explain in detail what this parameter is about.

The hint of 3 driving forces. 5 Points, you will understand why.

The post. 5 Points, this is one of the most important parameter

The Shining Nakama Action. 6 Points, this is the icing on top of the wedding cake
Before jumping into the analysis.

You might find it strange that there is no "dream" or "sad backstory" here. This is because of one simple fact: all those categories were designed by the fan, not by Oda himself!

Yes, you will find those in mostly all the strawhats, but when we tear down the layers of storytelling around the construction of those characters.. you find out that those parameters are not a necessity.

Also. Because of the amount of information, I will not do the breakdown in one post only. I will split the work with multiple post. Make sure to check them all out.

I'M GOING INSANE
REDON IS A FAGGOT

Let's see our result

Marco : 8 Points

Tama : 8 Points

Momonosuke : 19 Points

Yamato : 17 Points

Carrot : 31 Points

The results here are in fact pretty surprising. I would have never thought that Momonosuke would get this high, but here he is. Of course I understand that Yamato's score would be surprising to many, but I tried to be as fair as possible.

Let me just give you a little remarks about what I didn't add to this result, because I can already here some voice screaming in the night:

- Panel time/Plot revelance: I consider that the panel time is not a relevant parameter to analysis the future of a potential candidate to the crew. Indeed, there are reasons to think that Oda could willingly hide a character just to surprise us on his importance later. So that paramater can't be taken into account.

- Backstory: As I explained, the backstory is only an introduction of the "driving forces" in the past. And we don't need the past when we have the present.
Is that all ?

Well no.. in fact there is another parameters I did not mentionned. That's because I'm sneaky (not at all because I wanted absolutely 10 Pillars hm..) Anyway:

THE ELEVENTH PILLAR - THE RESCUE

In the story. Luffy saved in one form or another, ALL the strawhat from an oppressor:

Zoro from Helmeppo

Nami from Arlong

Usopp from Kuro

Sanji from Morgan

Chopper from Walpol

Robin from the CP9

Franky from the CP9

Brook from Moria

Jinbe from Hody

This rescue is important because it is for that reason that the strawhat mostly sees Luffy as a reliable captain.

Because of the importance of this parameter. I'll give it 10 points (because I want to be fair) !
So, how does it impact the score of our 5 characters:

3 of our characters are under oppression: Yamato, Tama and Momonosuke so they all get 10 points each. Bringing the final score to:

Marco : 8 Points

Tama : 18 Points

Momonosuke : 29 Points

Yamato : 27 Points

Carrot : 32 Points

Attached: 36B8670E-FE96-43E9-A4A1-232FA54FD1EF.jpg (1125x1386, 364.59K)

spoiler fucking when?

Attached: 1568652561657.jpg (625x415, 45.18K)

It feels like I have never been more sane in my whole life

Indeed as fair as I wanted to be, Carrot is still in the lead.

But this is for a good reason and you will understand why Carrot is such a good candidate in the following of this theory.

For now.. I'll let you with that score

Next time we are looking closely to the character of Yamato and I will try to explain this third place and why Yamato is not the next best candidate at the post on the Sunny.
Until next time !
Click HERE to go to the previous construction pillar

---

Click HERE to go to the introduction of the Pillars

---

Attached: 0FE8062B-B35B-4BB1-B40E-8D47118F9BCC.jpg (225x225, 12.99K)

>the spammer is back

Attached: 1633442378673.png (825x467, 191.24K)

That's a bad sign.

*clicks HERE*

Yamato

Yamato was first mentionned in chapter 977 and since her first apparition, Yamato gained a lot of popularity within the One Piece fanbase, some even calling her.. the next strawhat.

But, does Yamato really deserves all this hype and even more so, does Yamato has what it takes at the present time in the story to be considered the future best potential crewmate ?
To answer this question we need to go back to the story:

Chapter 983: Wearing a hannya mask (a mask representing a jealous oni, usually female, often used in japanese theater. ) Yamato appears in front of Luffy to smash Ulti with her kanabo.

Yamato's design is striking. In almost all parameters it ressemble the design of Oden with one exception, she doesn't use a Katana. Let's not forget that, this will become important later.

Yamato is a personnification of Oden, or rather, this is what she wants to accomplish. We understand later that she witnessed the hours of legend. She was so moved by Oden's action that since then, she has been wanting to become like him. But Yamato did not want only to be "like" Oden, she wanted to become Oden. First by calling herself "the son of Kaido" and becoming a man like Oden, then and after finding the book of Oden, by talking with his ideals and wishes.

After telling all of that to Kaido, the Yonku strended her on Onigashima. Because of that and the ideals of Oden, Yamato developped a strong desire of freedom and the goal to go on an adventure at sea. After meating Ace, Yamato's determination rised up until the meeting with Luffy but even more so, with Momonosuke. The encounter took Yamato to an unexpected turn.. making her actually care about the Kozukis and the futur shogun of Wano.

Now I will debunk some points made by the fanbase about Yamato in comparison to Carrot.

Attached: 9C73CA1E-7A9F-4F87-A851-25A14477102C.jpg (720x711, 88.28K)

I need spoilers!

Attached: 4370179b048743938d7e364d2227c42a.jpg (1280x720, 156.76K)

The respect of Luffy

Yamato really respects Luffy to the point of admiration and if we could take that as a real clue to her potential recruitment, there is also a catch:

- That respect in based on the action of Luffy toward them and not his words. Each Nakama has been changed deeply by the presence of Luffy but it didn't happen to Yamato, Yet. Yes Yamato has been freed for her shakles, but not her mind.
Panel time

One of the parameters that is often discuss about is the amount of paneltime of Yamato compared to Carrot

First we must NOT forget that whole Cake happened, you can't just say it doesn't count anymore when the storylines from this arc are still being developped. The part of the story we are in is called the Yonko Saga for a reason, everything is linked together. And so, the screentime of Carrot during whole Cake is still relevant.

Now, let's get that out of the way to look at the content where Yamato appears: We can notice that almost every apparition of her are constructed to enhance another character. First it was Ace, then it was Luffy, then it was to Help Momonosuke then to stall down Kaido until the real battle of Luffy and finally recently with the interactions of several supernovae and Big Mom's fight. Aside from her fight and her flashback, the content is almost never focused on Yamato first.

It doesn't mean Yamato's panel time is irrelevant, it just means that we have to be careful with how much she is shown by Oda. Yamato is still a very important character, as important as an "arc character" like Kyros, Rebecca, Shiraoshi etc.

The heritage of Kaido and Oden

This point is very simple, it states that because Yamato is the "Son of Kaido" and heir of Oden, therefore a strong character, it gives her a place of choice in the strawhat crew.. This assertion is based on a bias. Luffy doesn't recruit character because they are strong or because they are the heir of someone.

Attached: 0F2300D3-3440-4D9D-B6D5-0B28ABA3735F.jpg (1366x768, 97.29K)

Attached: 9720a81d78afd4db3e0a9ee6645405ef.jpg (604x371, 57.28K)

I want Hammock to kick me in the nuts and trample me.

Attached: 1650346770336.jpg (1379x774, 200.75K)

The parrallel with Oden

The heritage of Oden is often used to show that Yamato wanting to be Oden will lead her to go.. Like Oden, on sea to see the world. If this could be true, this is also a hypothesis that ignores three important factor:

FIRST

We must not forget that the reason why Oden was accepted on Roger's ship, was to decifer the poneglyph. On the Sunny, someone already has that role.

SECOND

.. And this will be long. We must be VERY careful with the parrallelism as it is a big theorist trap and confirmation bias blackhole. Indeed there are elements indicating some similarities between the strawhats and the Roger pirates, it's undeniable.. BUT.. there is also evidences that those similarities are here to contrast the real differences between those two crews. Let me explain:

Yes Luffy is very much like Roger, their mindset are similar in a way. Also, like the Roger's Pirates, the crew is founded on a strong base of powerful people with some specific roles : Doctor / First hand man etc.. And of course, their is a very close bond between the members and there are also small similarities within the story..

But that just it.. within the scope of the crew itself.. we can't go farther.

For example, we can't expect the strawhats to be around 30 in numbers at the end of Raftel, it wouldn't make any sence. Plus, each strawhat is specialized, not Roger's crew. The same applies to the dynamic of the crew, yes Roger is familiar with his crewmate, but there are no evidences supporting the similarities between Luffy's view of the world of his crew and Roger's. Luffy would rather be an underlings of Big Mom rather than lost a crewmate..

Do we think that Roger would do that ? There are no evidences supporting it, and taking the character of Roger into account, it's debatable. Finally, Luffy doesn't recruit just for his purpose it goes a lot deeper than that.

Attached: A10F74DF-756A-4E57-A776-518A90BC8FBE.jpg (1436x1778, 671.73K)

Attached: 5a05d73d77d859ac1ebbb1dbffee2821.jpg (564x1057, 95.27K)

THIRD
... and the most important one, there are reasons to believe their is much more to Yamato's character that meet the eye. Indeed Yamato was constructed as a conflicted character by Oda. How come such a strong character never tried to get the cuff off, how come such a spirited character had to wait Ace to express the desire to go to sea..
...I think that Yamato is a character ruled by Fear. The fear of taking her own freedom, the fear of taking action without thinking about the consequences.

I think that: is why Yamato loved Ace so much, that is why Yamato respects Luffy and that's why she wanted to become Oden.

All those character are free from their fears !! Those are the type of character Yamato follows.

That's why Luffy is not the one Yamato will follow but Momonosuke. Momonosuke's arc of character is all about concquering his fears and gaining his freedom in order to rule Wano. I think that those actions are what will lead Yamato to follow Momo and in a way completing the parrallel with Oden, by staying in Wano.

Time spent with Luffy

This one is also very simple. The argument rest on the fact that because Yamato had a conversation with Luffy, they have more chances to join the crew than Carrot. This can be debunked as Yamato didn't spent a lot of time with Luffy, only a few minutes, and most of the time, Luffy was more interested in saving Momo than hearing Yamato.

The demand

This is one of the most frequent arguments in favor of Yamato. The argument is as follow:

"Yamato asked Luffy to join, this is therefore a foreshadow to the recruitment of Yamato in the crew."

Well.. This is where things gets interesting. Because the fact is, that demand is not a foreshadow, in fact it's not a demand at all.

Attached: F3A435C7-7C61-49B4-BD28-03DC4BB6D249.jpg (1053x800, 128.22K)

What’s going on?

- This argument ignores the fact that Yamato didn't asked Luffy, she affirmed that because Luffy was the brother of Ace, she would therefore have a place on the ship. But remember, Luffy don't like being push around and this is false logic.

- This affirmation is not a foreshadowing but something else, something I call a subversion dialogue.

Click HERE to understand what a subversion dialogue is.

Yamato's "you should be giving me a ride on your ship" is a false promise (for the fan) from a Positive > to > a Negative and a Negative > to > a positive (for the character of Yamato).

The hint is the corruption of the promise. Yamato wants to go on the ship for the wrong reasons (not for Luffy but by simple "logic") and she doesn't ask, she states.

Imagine any other character having the same statement ("you should be giving me a ride on your ship") it would be clear that this is a false promise.

This is why I think that by understanding what they really wants, Yamato will change her goal and might realise that there is no need for her to go. A good reader of One Piece will know that all the Nakama will follow Luffy because of him first. That why here, The story hints us that Yamato is kinda lying to herself.

This "subversion dialogue" shows us two things:

- What Yamato said to Luffy won't happen, even if she becomes Nakama, that won't be for those reasons! So and even if it's still possible, the integration of Yamato to the crew is still unlikely.

- Oda is still playing with the "nakama" card and what better way to plan the surprise of the integration of a new crew member, that to make us believe another member will join. And if you don't believe me..

Remember that Oda already did that. With Vivi and Robin.

Now.. Here we are..

With 6 argument in favor of Yamato

Are they enough for Yamato to be considered a good recruit? No. I fact, each of them can be debunked.

some autist is having a mental breakdown

Attached: bd00b406d2089519295c3f94ff782dd2.jpg (480x820, 84.26K)

Don't get me wrong, Yamato is a good character, she has some potential and Oda could surprise us with that character, but she is FAR from being as close as Carrot in the race for the Sunny right now.

The most obvious argument being the lack introduction as a future crewmate.

Like previously mentionned, each strawhats are introduced EARLY with a clear capacities for a post on the ship. If that happened already for Carrot (and on her introduction), it did not for Yamato. Even in battle, Oda could be giving us hints. But there is nothing and we are far, now, from her introduction.. The chances for her to be introduced as a potential crewmate are therefore getting slimmer and slimmer.

morjfag cope ITT

And you'll forever seethe that you couldn't move on.

Carrot : The Sentry

One Piece has depicted the importance of multiple post related to the sea.. The importance of a cook, the importance of a doctor and many more...

The latest addition happened during Zou and Whole Cake with the Sentry. And through this post, one character shined : Carrot.

But why is the Sentry so important to the life of the crew?
The importance of a sentry

It's crucial to mention that the post of Sentry is like a coin with two face. This post is really two posts in one : One passive and one active. The side of the sentinel and the side of the look-out.

THE SENTINEL:
This is the active part of the sentry post. It consist in gaining mobility over the ennemy in order to infiltrate and destroy them rapidily. This role is important as it acts as a protector of an area (that can be either a ship or a town). As such, sentinels will also play the role of guards at the entrance of the protected area. Sentinels are vital as they are the first line of defense and recon.

With Carrot, this role was mostly depicted in two instances:

First on Zou in chapter 804, as Carrot was - with Wanda - the sentry protecting the entrance of the Mokomo Kingdom. On this instance, Carrot tried to eliminate the threat quickly..
The second occurence of the sentinel side of the job was depicted during chapter 888 and 889. This time Carrot transformed in order to "cut the throat" of her target (Daifuku's fleet) by taking all the wheels, therefore eliminating the threat of the fleet.

Also and during the Totland arc, you can sometime see Carrot playing the role of Ship's guard. Funnily Carrot is the first one to go behind the ennemie's barrier in whole cake (the mirror world), her and Chopper will be the first one to dismantle the ennemies from the inside

THE LOOK-OUT

This is the passive part of the sentry post. The look-out side is all about observation. Without a good job as a look-out, the sentinel would be ineffective. Maybe even more so that the sentinel part, the look-out part is primordial. The look-out on the ship is the one who spots threats from a long distance. The look-out must spot Islands rapidly but also ships and threats, sometimes dozen of minutes before the actual encounter.

A good look-out must be able to see with precision very far. For that reason, the best look-out will be the one with the best vision possible. And, if we assume that the One Piece world is similar to our earth with it's curvature, the best look-out is the one that can go the highest.

Here are the differences of distance to hozizon in relation to the eyesights levels (if we assume that we are on a clear sky):

- A strawhat on the deck (around 5 meters above sea level): 7,98 Kilometers

- A strawhat on the lookout (around 56 meters above sea level): 26,7 Kilometers

- A strawhat that can jump high and fast (around 156 meters above sea level): 44,6 Kilometers

This is the importance of a look-out. The higher the protagonist can go, the better the job.

Concerning Carrot, she was depicted during whole cake as a look out on more than 40 panels. The first occurrence happened during her introduction in chapter 804
The second, and most impressive occurrence happens just after, in chapter 805 when Carrot is able to jump hundreds of meters and spot Luffy through the forest:

In this occurrence, Oda shows the importance of going high to be a good look-out.

Concerning Carrot, her ability to jump very fast and high and her ability to float while in mid air makes her a very good look-out and her Sulong transformation mixed with her rapidity and intelligence makes her a very efficient sentinel.

Someone copy pasting the ramblings of some french Carrotautist.

Best strawhats

Attached: 5af1477d1ea115e95533942a6f15cb77.jpg (960x598, 90.48K)

from redon:
no spoilers this week, you guys are getting a little to uppity and not showing as much grattitude as you should for the work i do. i hope this will serve to remind you of how things work around here, and that the grattitude will increase accordingly. cheers!

One of your autists is literally spamming right now. People wouldn't care less about the furry turd if you stopped shitposting every thread.

Of course there are characters that can fly, be fast or see far.. but Carrot is overall by design, one of the best sentry there can be. And all of that was depicted by Oda with just a few pages.
A very efficient and cinematic introduction

Indeed there is something quite exceptionnal with the way Carrot was introduced. Her introduction was very efficient and very cinematic. If - like me - you have that feeling too, that's for a good reason:

All screenwriters knows how important the sentence "show don't tell" really is. Visual comics and manga are ruled by the same rule. A good writer will always make his points through visuals first as it is the most efficient method to transmit a message. One Piece and Eiichiro Oda are good examples of this. Almost all the introductions of the strawhats are crafted around that simple rule "show don't tell". Therefore, it makes each apparition very impactfull in term of storytelling.

Like all the strawhats, the introduction of Carrot (in fact, all her introductions, she had two) are no exception to this primordial rule. With only a few pages, Oda introduced Carrot as a great fighter, a great Sentry and a great representation of the Mink tribe.

First, Oda puts us directly at the place of an unknown character. Through her eyes and binoculars, we can see the straw hats being observed.
This introduce the Minks as a vigilant race and that strange creature as a Look-out.
After a brief moment on Luffy, Oda comes back to the strawhats, this time with exclamations points. There is a threat coming and this threat as probably something to do with that strange creature we saw before. A clash is inevitable.
Zoro prepares himself, but the unknown character is very fast and wants blood.

And it looks like.. a rabbit?

The panel is striking. That girl not only avoided Zoro, but she avoided him while changing direction mid air.

A question comes immediately to the dilligent reader: Did that rabbit just flew ?

Luffy and Bonney are the cutest novas and I rabu them!

Attached: luffy and bonney.png (1000x1533, 2M)

???

Attached: 12.png (229x239, 42.74K)

While still focusing on the rabbit girl, this time Oda chooses to show us her weapon. A glove with big sharp claws going down straight to Zoro's neck.

Visually, this girl is not afraid.. at all.
Zoro managed to block it but we see that there is a struggle.

That's because this girl is not only strong, but her weapon seems to creates electricity.
Oda finishes the strike with that girl's name : Carrot.
Oda could've chosen to end the introduction of Carrot here with the end of this chapter, but he choosed to add one more thing in the very next chapter (805):
With not one...
... and not two...
.. or even three...
But FOUR panels! Only describing the superhuman jump of Carrot that ended up on a look-out action.
By doing that, and by making Franky make a statement about this incredible jump. Oda made sure that Carrot made a impact on the reader.

The message is clear: the minks are fearless, and this look-out girl is special.

This is what I call a very cinematic introduction. Mainly with visual, Oda makes strong point about diverses subject and makes a protagonist shine. In this instance it was Carrot, but you can also see this type of introduction with Zoro, or even Nami.

Here, only with Nami's monologue and visuals, Oda created one of the best navigator there can be.
A passage of the torch

On top of all that, Oda created something quite special through the Sentry post, something we are not use to, if we are talking about the post of the strawhats.
Indeed, through the story, through this post and only with little pannel and the subtext here and there, Oda created a sub-story between two protagonists:

This subtext story is simple: this is the passage of torch between a mentor, and a student. Pedro and Carrot.
Verly early, Oda sets up the bases:

Pedro is a Jaguar Mink who - for some reason - likes hights.

>thinks the spammer is a fan of carrot
You really are a fucking retard.

is this real?

It is worth noticing that the first time we see a glimps of Pedro, the Mink was also doing the Job of a Sentry

Actually, Pedro will play this role during a part of the Totland arc.
After the second introduction of Carrot. Pedro placed himself naturally on the look-out post.
After a little while. Carrot finally jumps up to the crow's nest to ask Pedro to switch post.
This is the moment where Carrot become the real student, but she is not narratively a real look-out yet as Pedro si still there if necessary
Then comes the Tragedy. From this moment. Carrot as no more mentor, but the message of Pedro is clear:

"One Day, you will understand the true importance of keeping Luffy and his crew alive here so that their voyage can go on. Listen to me, Yougara Keep moving Onward!!"

In the narration, this is the moment where Carrot takes the torch. After those events and a revitalizing speech from Jinbe, Carrot dries her tears and jumps back to where she belongs:

The look-out post.
Finally, Carrot is ready to prosper as a Sentry and fight for and in the memory of her mentor.
This is the moment of the transformation and an explosion of symbolism...
Indeed. The Sulong transformation is where the duality of the Sentry post takes all it's meaning.
And starting that moment Carrot will not only be the one who observe, but the one who is being observed.
I will come back to those symbolism later with the review/analysis of chapter 888.
Later !

>this thread

Attached: 1564574639985.jpg (278x332, 78.12K)

Redon save us

French Storytelling analyst, One Piece lover and Carrot enthousiast, I have been working on the character of Carrot for more than 4 years now.

This blog is the result of my work.

You will find here all the post needed to make you understand why Carrot will be the next strawhat. Check the section "The Complete Theory" to get to the road map of this theory.

Twitter
©2021 par Carrot For Nakama : The Theory

Attached: 1643019811305.png (850x1230, 576.88K)

Finished rereading Gyojin Island. It was fucking amazing and one of the best arcs in One Piece. So why some people hate it and call it one of the worst?

Mihawk is the perfect husbando

Attached: tumblr_3a4bb750245e33cecc1bbfd22312dadd_c6b177cf_1280.png (830x718, 631.5K)

How about you stop reposting theories from other websites?
To change subject, can we post Hybrid or full Zoan Yamato? I love this dumb dog.

Attached: tumblr_f22fc4ef7ff6dd0eaccac4eced4f7a72_ce640eb7_1280.jpg (821x750, 277.4K)

>©2021 par Carrot For Nakama : The Theory
Oh fuck I've actually debated with this guy on worst gen

Attached: 1845500-screenshot297.jpg (572x415, 96.7K)

no. after the last spoiler leak. shueisha started to crackdown real hard on spoilerfags. a translator leaked the chapter

Attached: op_spoiler.jpg (1039x535, 220.49K)

Go back. Figures why Carrot still gets shit here.

>Spoiler are late
>Best One Piece threads in months despite coming over a break week
It's almost like spoilers for 15 pages of manga that gets misinterpreted and badly translated makes for shit threads and Redone is an attention whore and faggot of the highest caliber

Attached: Clown Bros.jpg (400x266, 31K)

Go back.

Spoilers doko..

>we don't shitpost, honest!

She gets shit on because her retards are still here shitting up every thread

Luffy will become all white
Zoro will become all black

Sanji already is all blue

Law's nakama.

Attached: Law-nakama.png (218x231, 18.41K)

Answer me this, why would anyone who likes Carrot spam a thread to hate her even more?
>She gets shit on because her retards are still here shitting up every thread
>ignoring the cuckgen above
Wonder where you're from.

The Carrotchud is losing it.

spammer here, carrotbro btw

Because Nami is 2 we know that it's not the order they joined, but the order they met. Robin comes before Chopper.
Also
PURE A U T I S M

t. chud.

>if i vocally say it's a carrotfag then it will look like it is

>BUT MUH CREW INTERACTION
Reminder: Carrot had MUH CREW INTERACTION and now she's less relevant than a gifter

What went wrong with this family?

Attached: 641ddcd6e32ae2e2afbd08e39caf5a0a.jpg (1800x987, 330.42K)

t. Carrotchud

Wano will be a place Tama can eat every day like Luffy said, she will stay on Wano.
Momo is too old now and it's cringe and hes weak with no role, he will stay on Wano.
Marco's adventure has come to an end, he will fuck off somewhere else

It is Yamato vs. Carrot, and will always be Yamato vs. Carrot.
Therefore, Caribou will join. I rest my case, and no further arguments will be accepted at this time.

i cannot fucking wait until the day wano ends and theyre sailing away after the party, only to literally leave without acknowledging carrot lmao

They only want attention from mentioning her, even negative kind. They know they've lost so they're taking it out on the fandom.

Never even posted on worstgen, take your autism back there.

That's not an argument anymore, you need to worry about where Yamato's character arc will undergo her change. Any callback to Straw Hats or interaction is irrelevant.

Flashback to Pirate Warriors 4 and the group they had fight against Kaido in the OC Wano arc.

Attached: pw4.jpg (1920x1080, 300.43K)

Doflamingo had a god complex
Trebol and Diamante were sadists and also woefully incompetent
Cora was a snitch

everybody else was just fine in their roles

Attached: carrotbrain.jpg (1352x1622, 357.08K)

She's undergoing a character arc right now retard

Caribou WILL sail with the straw hats, Luffy LITERALLY VoaT checked him
Do you think Oda is just gonna forget or something? This isn't togashi or araki that were talking about

Attached: ESlKpg5Mb5h.png (761x806, 458.08K)

t. chud
I don't post there either, but why aren't you telling off those that blatantly say they do? And anyone who wants negative attention on a character they like isn't a fan.

Is Mihawk a chivalry?
He took Perona on because she's a woman.
He trained Zoro.
Zoro has refused to fight women like Tashigi or Monet since the timeskip.

You wish, even if she doesn't go, she'll get a proper send-off. Stop trying to ask the worst for her. An honest reader would know that the Straw Hats liked her.

Carrot should have been the sentry, the one that says "LAND ON SIGHT!"

But we wont have her OR anyone else because after wano we will never have fun pirate aventures at sea, its gonna be the final war endof

yamatotrannies and carrotfurfags fear the swamp man
his role of "crew storage" is easily one of the most useful roles for a pirate crew, and he has the added benefit of auto-winning vs anyone that doesnt have haki

That's what I said, stupid. Worry about the outcome of that. Where it would lead her.

>yamatotrannies and carrotfurfags fear the swamp man
Nah

Kinda crazy how I thought Law was tall until he started hanging around people who weren't the SHs so much

Mihawk is just a dad

Attached: 1638805209121.png (611x590, 279.8K)