Most overrated show of all time?

>pic very related

Attached: 64648716354.jpg (1080x608, 189.64K)

It was good, though
Should have had more Ginti episodes maybe.

Attached: 1635016037368.jpg (1920x1080, 147.43K)

Death Billiards was better.

Attached: 1646354623527.jpg (1920x1080, 798.02K)

What’s the gimmick of this show?

Attached: 52187583-FB17-4575-962D-93B29CC3B9D9.png (1920x1152, 2.24M)

Attached: K.jpg (900x540, 288.02K)

4 people know about this one user

Attached: Shingeki_no_Kyojin_manga_volume_1.jpg (258x385, 130.11K)

> great art
> „epic adventure feeling“
> waifus

not even close

Attached: 1620137882153.png (800x450, 402.73K)

just a reminder not to fall for any blatantly obvious bait since this is going to be one of those threads

user for a show to be overrated it has to be rated at all. Nobody remembers Death Parade.

Erased

I said gimmick, not standard requirements for isekai

Spy x Family
HxH
MHA
Black Clover
One Piece
Naruto
Dragonball
Death Note
Bleach
Sword Art Online
Overlord
Whatever is popular according to tw*tter

Not overrated at all, lmao
barely anyone even talks about this show
also its decent

Attached: tohru.png (462x497, 392.85K)

Sure, people don't talk about it now but it's still one of the best rated shows.
yes
add Shiki

BASED

Attached: Anohana-370x432.png (370x432, 249.33K)

>Sure, people don't talk about it now but it's still one of the best rated shows.
Not really, its an 8 which doesn't mean anything on MAL
If you are using MAL ratings, they are just a popularity contest

The OVA was great, but the TV is definitely overrated.

Great idea executed poorly
If they kept it as 1-2 episodes x couple without a big plot behind it would have been better

On MAL it's rated by almost 900k people, more than Madoka for example.
What metric would you use?

Talking about things being overrated is pointless in the first place
it just means "i personally don't like this show, which is why i think its rated higher than it deserves"

Overrated? No one even talks about it anymore. If anything it is underrated. Quite a few episodes offer a good discussion.
There's no good metric. But like the other user says, MAL is dogshit. It's more about how many people have seen the anime than anything else, and almost every show is rated a 7 or 8, because the users are retards who don't know how a /10 rating system should be used.

Even the people who like it don't praise it that much. But the OST is incredible.

Any flavour of the month/season shit
Last season it was Sono Bisque Doll, everyone was acting like it's the greatest thing ever and the moment the season ends it's forgotten.

People don't need to keep talk about something it to be overrated. Noone talks about Avater (the James Cameron one), but it's the most sucessfull movie of all time and won a bunch of oscars, also it's dogshit, can't i say that it's overrated just because it's not relevant in current discussion?
Allright user, i'll rephrase it,
I think this show had some great ideas and potential but ended up being really boring ant pointless and the drama had zero impact, at least not on me.

>boring
Thats subjective tho
Either way, don't use MAL as a place to learn how well rated something is
MAL ratings are just popularity contests

>but it's the most sucessfull movie of all time and won a bunch of oscars, also it's dogshit
Based, it really was.
>I think this show had some great ideas and potential but ended up being really boring ant pointless and the drama had zero impact, at least not on me.
I liked Death Parade. The drama not so much, but it serves the atmosphere that's one of the best in the entire medium. It also get you hyped by slowly uncovering new mysteries around the place itself and arbiters and imo the payoff is pretty satisfying. The episodic routine is kept pretty refreshing too with episodes like the Ginti one or just sudden plot twist flashbacks where guest A has reasons to hate guest B. Also that fucking ending transition in episode 9.
If I had to insult that anime, it just really lacks ambition and subtlety, but it's still really good.

Both are literally the exact same crap and both are boring as shit.
To this day I still don't understand why this shithole praises both so much.

Attached: shit.jpg (654x416, 118.71K)

How is it overrated? Most people have it at a 7-8/10 which is fairly accurate. It's not Demon Slayer or Monogatari overrated.

Whats the one on the right? It has cuter girls

>subjective
If subjectivity is your baseline than talking about art is just pointless.
>just popularity contests
I think if something is popular that's enought to call it overrated if you think it's not good.

k-on with military uniforms

hey newfriends if you are looking for new anime to watch, just lurk these friends

>If subjectivity is your baseline than talking about art is just pointless.
What are you talking about?
Of course whether or not something is boring is completely subjective
I think Madoka is pretty boring

my brother in christ. you probably just dont like it. ive seen way too much anime and i have no fucking clue who's in op. was it death parade or some shit? regardless, the show wasnt even popular enough to be considered overrated.

elaborate

I loved the big titty woman with the sword lol. Hated that turncoat retard who left the red dudes to join the blue team.

I-I can fix him....

>Memory Unlocked,
I saw this shit. Can't remember a single line of dialogue though. Must have been shit.

No opening

>I think if something is popular that's enought to call it overrated
Popularity has nothing to do with ratings.

>my brother in christ
Fuck off back to Twitter, Yea Forumsfag.

>FMAB
>"""best anime"""
>worse than 2003
>MAL users

You missunderstood, it's obvious that "boring" is subjective, so for you to pint it out is just pointless. Good, bad, scary funny stc.. are also subjective, do you point that out every time too or just when you disagree with it?
k, just for you i'll call it "overpopular", happy?

autism

>recognizing slang and still gatekeeping
kill yourself retard.

What kind of autistic attempt at a one up was that

It's sora no woto

Faggot. Death Note is kino of the highest order. I watched it at least 6 times and the ending never fails to make me feelmaxx.

I watched this and actually thought “people like this?”

>kino
>feelmaxx

Attached: 1647315577376.gif (400x300, 22.14K)

>my brother in christ
Kill yourself.
>slang
>gatekeeping
Kill yourself.
This is Yea Forums now, full of Twitter phonefags.

You probably watched it too late.
Some media relies on the viewer's age to have its full effect, like Monogatari needing the viewer to be 16 years old or less, or Tatami Galaxy needing the viewer to be a university student.
If you don't fit the very specific demographic the anime is complete garbage.

usially happens when making a full anime from a good OVA

Gintama

>Tatami Galaxy needing the viewer to be a university student
you missed the point

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahaahhahahah true, Steins Gate is the Half Life of anime. Retarded overpraised Reddit dogshit.

this

Attached: 648646874.jpg (1280x720, 52.15K)

Yeah this garbage is a strong contender.
Shut up, it was only... fuck, 10 years ago...

That post will cost you 3 fingernails user

Demon Slayer.

Yes. Shock value and nothing else.

Kill yourselves, Higurashi is better than your favorite anime and I'm not even a higufag

i know, talking shit about this show tends to bring out the autistic rage from people, but it's still a dumpster fire
see:

Most overrated garbage I've seen.

Attached: image.png (370x528, 349.87K)

An actual sense of progression rather than just being a walking power fantasy at the start

Nothing is better than Gurren Lagann.

Haven't watched but I have watched KLK and it's overrated as fuck here, and since it's made by the same director it's probably the same shit.
Seriously KLK was 7/10 at best why is it so overhyped here?

praise the rainbow king

>why is it so overhyped here?
It's not. It has pretty much 7/10 levels of hype.

Attached: Shiki.jpg (640x960, 163.03K)

Dunno I see so many anons calling it a masterpiece and even saying it's fucking DEEP. Yes, butt slapping is deep according to Yea Forums wow